Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• @gusgranite said:
    @jimpavloff are you on the iOS Musicians FB group?
    You’re getting some love.

Thanks! I keep tracking that post.

• @jimpavloff hey have you ever considered porting this over to Mac OS? This app as a vst or standalone on my laptop would be my go to in every DAW! It’s a long shot but I think that if you did, it would easily be the best sampler/drum machine available as a plugin.

• @gizmoismogwai said:
    @jimpavloff hey have you ever considered porting this over to Mac OS? This app as a vst or standalone on my laptop would be my go to in every DAW! It’s a long shot but I think that if you did, it would easily be the best sampler/drum machine available as a plugin.

+1
    Yeah, that would be pretty awesome.

• @Telengard said:

@gizmoismogwai said:
    @jimpavloff hey have you ever considered porting this over to Mac OS? This app as a vst or standalone on my laptop would be my go to in every DAW! It’s a long shot but I think that if you did, it would easily be the best sampler/drum machine available as a plugin.

+1

And a +1 from me too

• edited July 2018

@jimpavloff said:

@gusgranite said:
    @jimpavloff are you on the iOS Musicians FB group?
    You’re getting some love.

Thanks! I keep tracking that post.

3,000 comments, 80,000 views, 100 pages, = AB forum.

Hope your sales are reflecting/matching+

King

—————

Added:

—————

• @stormbeats said:

@Telengard said:

@gizmoismogwai said:

+1

And a +1 from me too

Sorry, I think it would be rubbish on a Mac - unless there was a dedicated controller or built in templates for existing ones. But trying to control it with a mouse seems like a bad idea.

• @BiancaNeve said:

@stormbeats said:

@Telengard said:

@gizmoismogwai said:

+1

And a +1 from me too

Sorry, I think it would be rubbish on a Mac - unless there was a dedicated controller or built in templates for existing ones. But trying to control it with a mouse seems like a bad idea.

What’s wrong with using the keyboard?
    Trackers are in my DNA so keyboard input is second nature :)

The keyboard input in Renoise knocks Ableton and Logic into the wall of shame...

• Actually I do have a Mac version of Groove Rider for my development purposes. It is pretty straight forward and easy to build patterns using mac keyboard only. It looks exactly the same as on iPad, in a window, and also can receive midi. It is standalone. However there's problems with the audio, it sometimes drops out because, probably, of using incorrect audio output path.

• edited July 2018

Any chance of getting velocity on the scale pad? Y axis

• @db909 said:

Yes, there is. I would probably link turning on this feature to the Part parameter "Pad Velocity: Vertical" setting, while in other modes it will remain default as it was before.

• @jimpavloff said:

@db909 said:

Yes, there is. I would probably link turning on this feature to the Part parameter "Pad Velocity: Vertical" setting, while in other modes it will remain default as it was before.

Awesome!

• @jimpavloff said:
    Actually I do have a Mac version of Groove Rider for my development purposes. It is pretty straight forward and easy to build patterns using mac keyboard only. It looks exactly the same as on iPad, in a window, and also can receive midi. It is standalone. However there's problems with the audio, it sometimes drops out because, probably, of using incorrect audio output path.

Well that is quite exciting to hear. I’d be willing to pay for this if you ever thought about finishing and releasing and I bet many others would too.

I understand how folks would think it wouldn’t work without being able to directly touch, but I really think the app’s strength is the immediacy of having all controls on one page and even with a mouse and keyboard would be a quick and enjoyable flow. And if you could map everything to a controller then it’s basically the same experience anyway.

I had a flash of panic about the day when the app is no longer worth it for you to update in terms of keeping up with iOS versions. So I wondered if Mac OS versions would have a longer lifespan. This app needs to be available for all time!

• @gizmoismogwai said:
    I had a flash of panic about the day when the app is no longer worth it for you to update in terms of keeping up with iOS versions. So I wondered if Mac OS versions would have a longer lifespan. This app needs to be available for all time!

I’ve been planning to keep an iPad or two from this era for GrooveRider. Along with a midi controller, it will make a beautiful standalone machine for years to come.

• @ksound said:

@gizmoismogwai said:

I’ve been planning to keep an iPad or two from this era for GrooveRider. Along with a midi controller, it will make a beautiful standalone machine for years to come.

Not a bad idea. I actually have a first gen iPad mini and an IPad Mini 4 and both can run every pattern I’ve ever made. The 4 obviously can handle more but the app is very efficient in how it uses resources. The first gen can be found used for very little $. Slide it into an equally cheap Focusrite itrack dock and boom, inexpensive quasi-hardware version of GR. Maybe I’ll buy one more eventually just to be safe.

• @gizmoismogwai said:

@ksound said:

@gizmoismogwai said:

Not a bad idea. I actually have a first gen iPad mini and an IPad Mini 4 and both can run every pattern I’ve ever made. The 4 obviously can handle more but the app is very efficient in how it uses resources. The first gen can be found used for very little $. Slide it into an equally cheap Focusrite itrack dock and boom, inexpensive quasi-hardware version of GR. Maybe I’ll buy one more eventually just to be safe.

Best thing to do is save the .ipa file (installation files) on to your mac and other hard drives I made sure to do this with GR16 Have it for years to come as long as the iOS is compatible -Plus you can back up the updated versions via itunes - super cool

• @jimpavloff just one more option to add a second effect (2 effects per part) and SHIFT BUTTON toggle ON/OFF
    Everything else is perfect Still choosing GR as the top iOS app for Beat making

• edited August 2018

@jimpavloff hi Any chance to get 22050hz in the project sample rate settings - Iam getting really good “crunch” sound using 32000hz -
    22050hz would be even better.
    I may have asked before but as time progresses it may now be possible

• edited August 2018

@jimpavloff this iscfrom BeatMachine - an old app If you check the Project Settings you see 22050hz sample rate - it really gives a nice crunchy open overall sound - would be perfect as an option in GR
    @jimpavloff If you get a chance you can download for FREE and play with the sample rate - tell me what you think if possible -

• @stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff this iscfrom BeatMachine - an old app If you check the Project Settings you see 22050hz sample rate - it really gives a nice crunchy open overall sound - would be perfect as an option in GR
    @jimpavloff If you get a chance you can download for FREE and play with the sample rate - tell me what you think if possible

@jimpavloff even the 24khz makes a huge difference

• @stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff If you get a chance you can download for FREE and play with the sample rate - tell me what you think if possible

@jimpavloff even the 24khz makes a huge difference

32000 Hz is the lowest rate supported with my internal effects routines.

• Here is small little piece .. I did ..:trying to understand Groove rider.. Awesome app..:: lots of fun with “condition#”....

@jimpavloff
    Is there anyway to link patterns to parts?

Example if I make changes to kick on one part out of 6 .. I would like the change to reflect to all parts ..: copy pasting is quite cumbersome when you have many patterns and want changes( like panning, vol, automation) to reflect to all “similar” parts

https://youtu.be/Ur_0_8vaEls

• @hisdudeness said:
    Here is small little piece .. I did ..:trying to understand Groove rider.. Awesome app..:: lots of fun with “condition#”....

@jimpavloff
    Is there anyway to link patterns to parts?

Example if I make changes to kick on one part out of 6 .. I would like the change to reflect to all parts ..: copy pasting is quite cumbersome when you have many patterns and want changes( like panning, vol, automation) to reflect to all “similar” parts

https://youtu.be/Ur_0_8vaEls

No, you can do that only using Copy commands.

• Good news, I'll be adding a SHIFT-Lock feature in the next update. Activates by tapping Shift button and moving finger up or down for some short distance. Deactivates when you tap any button or empty area on the screen. Does not deactivates when turning knobs.

• To all the users of iOS musical apps! This is urgent! If you are not indifferent to the future of musical apps for iOS, please take a moment and sign this campaign:

https://www.change.org/p/apple-apple-app-affiliate-program-loss?recruiter=892158204&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_term=triggered

Thanks in advance

• @jimpavloff said:
    Good news, I'll be adding a SHIFT-Lock feature in the next update. Activates by tapping Shift button and moving finger up or down for some short distance. Deactivates when you tap any button or empty area on the screen. Does not deactivates when turning knobs.

Thanks thanks thanks Jim Also I will be signing the Apple petition

• Signed, it’s a bad business decision for everyone.

• @jimpavloff said:
    Good news, I'll be adding a SHIFT-Lock feature in the next update. Activates by tapping Shift button and moving finger up or down for some short distance. Deactivates when you tap any button or empty area on the screen. Does not deactivates when turning knobs.

Oh boy. There will be some very happy folks

• @db909 said:

@jimpavloff said:

And velocity along Y axis of TouchPad, when Pad Velocity is enabled for a given Part, to work in Scale mode (but not in Arp or Arp+Scale modes, there's already a note gate on the Y axis).

• @jimpavloff said:
    To all the users of iOS musical apps! This is urgent! If you are not indifferent to the future of musical apps for iOS, please take a moment and sign this campaign:

https://www.change.org/p/apple-apple-app-affiliate-program-loss?recruiter=892158204&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_term=triggered

Thanks in advance

signed!

push...

• @jimpavloff said:

@db909 said:

@jimpavloff said:

And velocity along Y axis of TouchPad, when Pad Velocity is enabled for a given Part, to work in Scale mode (but not in Arp or Arp+Scale modes, there's already a note gate on the Y axis).

Very cool thank you sir!