Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• edited August 2018

I just started getting back into GR and havent been up to date on the thread.

Have exported stem prefixes come up much? Just trying to get a good GR to Cubasis or BM3 workflow going on and with multiple patterns it gets unwieldy fast when they are all named the same.

Edit: eh, nevermind I can export stem pattern chains! Whoot!

• Another good news for the next update: I'll be adding a function for Mutes to react in sync to the Beat, Bar or Pattern end! Behavior of Mute Pads will be chosen in Settings (it's a global setting parameter) and will have 4 values: Default (as it is now), Beat, Bar and Pattern. This sync will also affect a part Solo/Unsolo actions. Sync will work only when you are muting/unmuting using Pads in Mute mode, and will not work for buttons in the Mixer.

• @jimpavloff said:
    Another good news for the next update: I'll be adding a function for Mutes to react in sync to the Beat, Bar or Pattern end! Behavior of Mute Pads will be chosen in Settings (it's a global setting parameter) and will have 4 values: Default (as it is now), Beat, Bar and Pattern. This sync will also affect a part Solo/Unsolo actions. Sync will work only when you are muting/unmuting using Pads in Mute mode, and will not work for buttons in the Mixer.

Huge! Mute function in sync sounds awesome 😎

• @jimpavloff said:
    Another good news for the next update: I'll be adding a function for Mutes to react in sync to the Beat, Bar or Pattern end! Behavior of Mute Pads will be chosen in Settings (it's a global setting parameter) and will have 4 values: Default (as it is now), Beat, Bar and Pattern. This sync will also affect a part Solo/Unsolo actions. Sync will work only when you are muting/unmuting using Pads in Mute mode, and will not work for buttons in the Mixer.

That will make it easier to not miss hitting buttons on a flat screen! Plus you can hit a few at time in succession instead of having to hit a few pads at the same time. That will help calm my desire for being able to mute/unmute with a midi controller.

• Another great news: I'll be adding a LOOP button instead of current TAP button in the new update, so you will be able to loop one or several adjacent bars in a pattern!

• @jimpavloff said:

Another great news: I'll be adding a LOOP button instead of current TAP button in the new update, so you will be able to loop one or several adjacent bars in a pattern!

Very useful features, thank you!
    Will it still be possible to use TAP while not recording?

• edited August 2018

@rs2000 said:

@jimpavloff said:

Another great news: I'll be adding a LOOP button instead of current TAP button in the new update, so you will be able to loop one or several adjacent bars in a pattern!

Very useful features, thank you!
    Will it still be possible to use TAP while not recording?

Old TAP button will remain. For those, who want it back, you will be able to select in Settings the function of 4th transport button: either TAP or LOOP.

• @jimpavloff Hey Jim. Is there any setting for GR16 to ‘save’ recorded notes over multiple patterns?

I’m trying to record a difficult lead melody that spans 8 bars, so I set up 2 patterns to chain to each other with the accompanying bass & drums already laid down. But the recorded notes from the first 4 bars aren’t saved, because I guess they weren’t explicitly ‘written’ to the pattern before switching to the chained 2nd pattern.

Is there a way for the recorded midi to persist on that first 4 bar pattern? Cheers

• @SpookyZoo said:
    @jimpavloff Hey Jim. Is there any setting for GR16 to ‘save’ recorded notes over multiple patterns?

I’m trying to record a difficult lead melody that spans 8 bars, so I set up 2 patterns to chain to each other with the accompanying bass & drums already laid down. But the recorded notes from the first 4 bars aren’t saved, because I guess they weren’t explicitly ‘written’ to the pattern before switching to the chained 2nd pattern.

Is there a way for the recorded midi to persist on that first 4 bar pattern? Cheers

No, there's no way to record over multiple patterns. However, I will have a nice solution in the next update for you for this particular case... Will tell that a bit later, it's a kinda secret for now :)

• @jimpavloff said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    @jimpavloff Hey Jim. Is there any setting for GR16 to ‘save’ recorded notes over multiple patterns?

No, there's no way to record over multiple patterns. However, I will have a nice solution in the next update for you for this particular case... Will tell that a bit later, it's a kinda secret for now :)

Ha! Great news, thanks! :)

• @jimpavloff said:

Thank you!

• @SpookyZoo said:

@jimpavloff said:

@SpookyZoo said:

Ha! Great news, thanks! :)

Hot damn!

• @jimpavloff said:

A W E S O M E

Thanks!

• @jimpavloff hey Jim it would be so cool if you uploaded a video of you when working on GR16 - scientist in the lab working on the updates :-)

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff hey Jim it would be so cool if you uploaded a video of you when working on GR16 - scientist in the lab working on the updates :-)

I'd be glad, but I don't have a white robe and a set of laboratory tubes for this)))

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff hey Jim it would be so cool if you uploaded a video of you when working on GR16 - scientist in the lab working on the updates :-)

I'd be glad, but I don't have a white robe and a set of laboratory tubes for this)))

Thats cool keep it trendy - would be good to see the genius at work :-)

• @jimpavloff said:

@SpookyZoo said:

:o

• Quick question, are fx tails preserved when pattern chaining and exporting stems?

• @Giant_Peach said:
    Quick question, are fx tails preserved when pattern chaining and exporting stems?

For the Send FX and MFX, tails are preserved during pattern change only if assigned types of these fx are the same in both patterns.

• edited August 2018

Ok, everybody, I'm announcing 8 bar patterns in the next update of Groove Rider. I'm currently working on it. Bar selector will also be changed to 2-button style, plus and minus. There also will be an option in Settings to get back to the old 4-buttons bar selector, which however will work with only 4 bar patterns.

A preview screenshot:

• edited August 2018

@jimpavloff said:
    Ok, everybody, I'm announcing 8 bar patterns in the next update of Groove Rider. I'm currently working on it. Bar selector will also be changed to 2-button style, plus and minus. There also will be an option in Settings to get back to the old 4-buttons bar selector, which however will work with only 4 bar patterns.

A preview screenshot:

What!!!!!!! This will be a a really great update. Thank you!

• I’m literally crying for joy :'(

• @jimpavloff said:

A preview screenshot:

Dude, you rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8-bars!!!!!! It's my favorite length that I usually compose in! :+1:

• @jimpavloff said:

A preview screenshot:

Go brave... Nice...

• Wow. Thanks!

• @jimpavloff said:

A preview screenshot:

This is amazing. Your commitment to this makes you a king among app developers. And not just small updates, but massively desired big features keep getting added in.

8 bar patterns with trig conditions are going to be so much fun.

Thank you!

I will take this opportunity to ask this question once more; why don’t external midi controllers trigger the arp mode when it is latched? Seems like only way to make arps is by touching the screen pads but it would be so great not to have to do that!

• One more good news for the next update: I'm going to add Wavetable synthesis! You will be able to import your own wavetables (Serum wavetable .wav file format supported) and play them, using Edit 1 knob as a wavetable position.

• @jimpavloff said:
    One more good news for the next update: I'm going to add Wavetable synthesis! You will be able to import your own wavetables (Serum wavetable .wav file format supported) and play them, using Edit 1 knob as a wavetable position.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOPE!!! :smiley:

• @jimpavloff said:
    One more good news for the next update: I'm going to add Wavetable synthesis! You will be able to import your own wavetables (Serum wavetable .wav file format supported) and play them, using Edit 1 knob as a wavetable position.

Damn!