Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• Hahahahahahaha,

YOU’RE AMAZING!!!!!

• @jimpavloff you are an unstoppable machine my man!!

A future UI enhancement. Can you place a Sequencer view button next to the mixer button so we can get a proper Sequencer view that we can edit in the Scale of our choice. I find the current Sequencer view cute yet frustrating to use since i want to move and place notes with my fingers.

Cheers!

• How about Song Mode.. and ‘easy’ Key/Scale transpose..?

• edited September 2018

This update sure is looking like a fat one. Awesome stuff.

• My goodness. How does this man do it?

• @DCJ said:
    My goodness. How does this man do it?

Never sleeps??

• @jimpavloff said:
    One more good news for the next update: I'm going to add Wavetable synthesis! You will be able to import your own wavetables (Serum wavetable .wav file format supported) and play them, using Edit 1 knob as a wavetable position.

The Groovebox Cold War has begun... this should be interesting B)

• @echoopera said:
    @jimpavloff you are an unstoppable machine my man!!

A future UI enhancement. Can you place a Sequencer view button next to the mixer button so we can get a proper Sequencer view that we can edit in the Scale of our choice. I find the current Sequencer view cute yet frustrating to use since i want to move and place notes with my fingers.

Cheers!

Agreed- this would be a great enhancement- I to am wondering what you think of this Jim?

• Truly a gift that keeps giving.

• Channel 10 for Drums (bottom pads) is brilliant on KEW...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @jimpavloff said:
    One more good news for the next update: I'm going to add Wavetable synthesis! You will be able to import your own wavetables (Serum wavetable .wav file format supported) and play them, using Edit 1 knob as a wavetable position.

Suberb!

• @jimpavloff wavetables and 8 bars? Holy WOW :)

• edited September 2018

8 bars ? game changer !! And wavetable with Serum compatibility ? ... this:

https://youtu.be/dFKylgGk73I

• @dendy said:
    8 bars ? game changer !! And wavetable with Serum compatibility ? ... this:

https://youtu.be/dFKylgGk73I

Indeed...

I do wonder if there will be an option to control the 'smoothness/cross-fade-time' when sweeping thru the wave-table? That's one of the features I really like in the classic PPQ WaveGenerator to create some 'defined animation'.
    (If Knob 1 'sweeps the table position' knob 2 could control the cross-fade or if there are plans to add some 'modifiers' the depth of that modification).

GR-16 is now at that stage where even 1 part (with 2 effects IFX & MFX) would be handy as an AUv3 :)

• GR-16 is now at that stage where even 1 part (with 2 effects IFX & MFX) would be handy as an AUv3

YES PLEASE !

• Nice, I too hope AUv3 is a future possibility :)

• edited September 2018

@Carnbot said:
    Nice, I too hope AUv3 is a future possibility :)

We had that debate a several dozen pages ago... at least a few times already.

• @jimpavloff said:
    Ok, everybody, I'm announcing 8 bar patterns in the next update of Groove Rider. I'm currently working on it. Bar selector will also be changed to 2-button style, plus and minus. There also will be an option in Settings to get back to the old 4-buttons bar selector, which however will work with only 4 bar patterns.

A preview screenshot:

Nice one Jim - excellent dude :-)

• @Samu said:
    I do wonder if there will be an option to control the 'smoothness/cross-fade-time' when sweeping thru the wave-table? That's one of the features I really like in the classic PPQ WaveGenerator to create some 'defined animation'.

Why would you need this? Just assign the Modulator to the OSC Edit 1 knob, just like with PWM or XFM.

• edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited September 2018

i'll change topic a bit... what specific aspect/element/part of GR16 you guys like most ? What is far away best part of this little wonder for you ?

Regarding me - XFM oscillators... incredible cross / fm modulation, there is no other iOS synth with such great x-fm implementation, and even on desktop there is not much.. top HW quality level ...

• @db909 said:

Indeed - i have a feeling after the new 8 bars the possibilty to further update 16/32 bars might be forthcoming. If GR gets multi audio outputs this will be incredible too

• @Dawdles said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@Carnbot said:

It’s kind of reaching the point where I’d love to see @jimpavloff start to look at gr16 mkii... totally new app.

Multiple pages covering things like the fast workflow stuff from Korg Wave. + hosting AU instruments and au FX. And full screen piano roll. Onscreen keyboard etc. Would be next level for both performance and composition..

Gr16 is a great achievement but starting to feel kinda ‘how much can be squeezed in to this one page/view?' without each element being unnecessarily compromised or fiddly or over simplified... gr16 ‘expanded’ would be amazing! Instabuy.

Not knocking the current app at all. These new updates look very cool and it feels really close to ‘complete’ now in terms of the original ‘all on one page’ manifesto. Jim’s done incredible work on it. Just think maybe reaching the point where it could become counter productive to try and squeeze more stuff in to such a small space.. for instance the new 8 bar functionality. If there was a dedicated steps page then all of those rows could be on screen simultaneously...stuff like that. Would love to see a gr16 that has the current gui as the main page, but other pages that can be used to focus in more detail on all the different elements.

This is all just wishlist stuff tho. Not taking anything away from how good the 8 bars and wavetable addditons are, great job Jim :)

Agreed 100% a MK2 would be excellent

• @stormbeats said:

@db909 said:

Indeed - i have a feeling after the new 8 bars the possibilty to further update 16/32 bars might be forthcoming. If GR gets multi audio outputs this will be incredible too

I doubt it goes beyond 8, as cool as would that be. Can’t wait though

• edited September 2018

@db909 said:

@stormbeats said:

@db909 said:

I doubt it goes beyond 8, as cool as would that be. Can’t wait though

True - imagine if we could merge the 4/8 bars into a single pattern length / i.e two 8 bars merged to 16 never know what Jim has in mind for future updates

• @jimpavloff said:

@Samu said:

Why would you need this? Just assign the Modulator to the OSC Edit 1 knob, just like with PWM or XFM.

Right, I can always use the PPG WaveGenerator for this.

But consider this function to be similar to 'smooth & stepped' automation with 'smooth' option one wave-table entry is crossfaded to the next one while with 'stepped' it cycles the waves one by one without crossfade.
    (This option is handy when modulating the 'wave index' with an LFO or an Envelope).

This is especially effective when there is a bigger 'wave difference' between the entries in the wave-table.
    (For example sine, square, saw, noise, with 'smooth' it would be crossfading between the waves and with 'stepped' it would be defined 'jumps' between, sine, square, saw, noise etc.). Another example is formant wave-tables where with 'smooth' it would sound like 'drunken speech' while with stepped it would be 'defined vowels'.

Most of the 'modern' wave-table synths unfortunately always interpolate/crossfade between the waves while PPG WaveGenerator sticks to the roots of wave-table synthesis :)

• @Dawdles said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@Carnbot said:

It’s kind of reaching the point where I’d love to see @jimpavloff start to look at gr16 mkii... totally new app.

Multiple pages covering things like the fast workflow stuff from Korg Wave. + hosting AU instruments and au FX. And full screen piano roll. Onscreen keyboard etc. Would be next level for both performance and composition..

Gr16 is a great achievement but starting to feel kinda ‘how much can be squeezed in to this one page/view?' without each element being unnecessarily compromised or fiddly or over simplified... gr16 ‘expanded’ would be amazing! Instabuy.

Not knocking the current app at all. These new updates look very cool and it feels really close to ‘complete’ now in terms of the original ‘all on one page’ manifesto. Jim’s done incredible work on it. Just think maybe reaching the point where it could become counter productive to try and squeeze more stuff in to such a small space.. for instance the new 8 bar functionality. If there was a dedicated steps page then all of those rows could be on screen simultaneously...stuff like that. Would love to see a gr16 that has the current gui as the main page, but other pages that can be used to focus in more detail on all the different elements.

This is all just wishlist stuff tho. Not taking anything away from how good the 8 bars and wavetable addditons are, great job Jim :)

You seem to be reading my thoughts! Just the many things I was thinking about, collected in one short reply.