Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• It's really not that hard to create sounds, but you have to do the w.o.r.k. to understand a bit of basic synthesis and spend (not much) quality time with GR-16 to grasp its structure. How much simpler can it be than changing the oscillator wave form in an Initialized part to one of the included samples? Just this one tweak will take you from guitar to electric piano to synth bass (by using a sawtooth wave) and beyond. Tweak the filter, adjust the envelope, add a bit of IFX and you're stylin. If you want to swim in the deep end, use the modulator section. Importing samples as source material couldn't be simpler - it even locks tempo to a loop if you take just a little time to get your start and end points set.

Isn't the point to be creative and build you're own audio identity (he asked rhetorically :-)

• @jimpavloff said:
    New patterns bank "Bank B: Techno Sessions" will soon be available inside Groove Rider GR-16 app as In-App purchase!

Can't wait!

• @Telengard said:

@jimpavloff said:
    New patterns bank "Bank B: Techno Sessions" will soon be available inside Groove Rider GR-16 app as In-App purchase!

Can't wait!

I think it will be out tomorrow. Report bugs here if you find some. Especially for those who wanted Midi CC Out, this function is included, but it's beta, so it may work not right.

• edited September 2018

@jimpavloff said:

@Telengard said:

@jimpavloff said:

Can't wait!

I think it will be out tomorrow. Report bugs here if you find some. Especially for those who wanted Midi CC Out, this function is included, but it's beta, so it may work not right.

Care to elaborate on the full feature list now or do we have to wait until tomorrow like it’s Christmas Eve :D

Can’t wait!

NB instabuy on the IAP as soon as it’s available

• @jimpavloff I ought to make mention of a feature request I’ve been pondering awhile

Call me crazy but swap out the part selector buttons for a select button. During a livejam if I want to modulate a particular channel I have to use the arrows which isn’t intuitive. Especially when youre looking at a lot of different flashing lights and you’re trying to mute and solo pads. Hitting select pad to do a filter sweep For example is what I’m after.

Secondly if the mute could be midi instead of audio or optionally one or the other like BM3

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    @jimpavloff I ought to make mention of a feature request I’ve been pondering awhile

Call me crazy but swap out the part selector buttons for a select button. During a livejam if I want to modulate a particular channel I have to use the arrows which isn’t intuitive. Especially when youre looking at a lot of different flashing lights and you’re trying to mute and solo pads. Hitting select pad to do a filter sweep For example is what I’m after.

Secondly if the mute could be midi instead of audio or optionally one or the other like BM3

Hint: you can select any Part directly by holding any of the pad mode buttons and pressing a Pad. Not necessary to use arrows. For example, TRIGGER+Pad selects desired Part silently, without triggering it.

• @jimpavloff said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    @jimpavloff I ought to make mention of a feature request I’ve been pondering awhile

Hint: you can select any Part directly by holding any of the pad mode buttons and pressing a Pad. Not necessary to use arrows. For example, TRIGGER+Pad selects desired Part silently, without triggering it.

Silent select does the trick for me. I’m off to read the manual again. I’ve read it but it’s an information overload every single time. Thanks for the quick reply!

• @jimpavloff said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

Oh nice I thought it was ONLY trigger + pad. Still learning I guess !

• @Billewis said:
    It's really not that hard to create sounds, but you have to do the w.o.r.k. to understand a bit of basic synthesis and spend (not much) quality time with GR-16 to grasp its structure. How much simpler can it be than changing the oscillator wave form in an Initialized part to one of the included samples? Just this one tweak will take you from guitar to electric piano to synth bass (by using a sawtooth wave) and beyond. Tweak the filter, adjust the envelope, add a bit of IFX and you're stylin. If you want to swim in the deep end, use the modulator section. Importing samples as source material couldn't be simpler - it even locks tempo to a loop if you take just a little time to get your start and end points set.

Isn't the point to be creative and build you're own audio identity (he asked rhetorically :-)

I have spent a lot of time with it- and I have been twiddling the knobs for a very long time- so if you call this w.o.r.k then I have been putting in a shift down the pits. I struggle though to come up with sound I like. Could you maybe post up an example of some of the sounds you are getting out of it- as an example of what is achievable?- maybe a track or two would be cool😎 (I also ask rhetorically 🙂)

• @robosardine said:

@Billewis said:
    It's really not that hard to create sounds, but you have to do the w.o.r.k. to understand a bit of basic synthesis and spend (not much) quality time with GR-16 to grasp its structure. How much simpler can it be than changing the oscillator wave form in an Initialized part to one of the included samples? Just this one tweak will take you from guitar to electric piano to synth bass (by using a sawtooth wave) and beyond. Tweak the filter, adjust the envelope, add a bit of IFX and you're stylin. If you want to swim in the deep end, use the modulator section. Importing samples as source material couldn't be simpler - it even locks tempo to a loop if you take just a little time to get your start and end points set.

I have spent a lot of time with it- and I have been twiddling the knobs for a very long time- so if you call this w.o.r.k then I have been putting in a shift down the pits. I struggle though to come up with sound I like. Could you maybe post up an example of some of the sounds you are getting out of it- as an example of what is achievable?- maybe a track or two would be cool😎 (I also ask rhetorically 🙂)

"Like" is subjective. Having said that, I have a "Bank In Progress" I'm happy to share, but this forum doesn't let me attach the file... I get a "file format is not allowed" error. Perhaps someone reading this knows how to overcome this error?

• @Billewis said:

@robosardine said:

@Billewis said:

"Like" is subjective. Having said that, I have a "Bank In Progress" I'm happy to share, but this forum doesn't let me attach the file... I get a "file format is not allowed" error. Perhaps someone reading this knows how to overcome this error?

Try ZIPping the file before uploading.

• "Like" is subjective. Having said that, I have a "Bank In Progress" I'm happy to share, but this forum doesn't let me attach the file... I get a "file format is not allowed" error. Perhaps someone reading this knows how to overcome this error?

Apparently zip files work :) Here's a bank of works-in-progress, some created from scratch, some using preset sounds, some recreations of my favorite factory patterns from an Electribe 2.

Perhaps there will be something you 'like' here...

• @Billewis said:

Apparently zip files work :) Here's a bank of works-in-progress, some created from scratch, some using preset sounds, some recreations of my favorite factory patterns from an Electribe 2.

Thanks... that’s a bunch to dig into...
    The zip technique is great for uploading... how does one zip a file/s in iOS?

• @Billewis said:

Thanks very much for doing that- I’m not sure how to open it though? What is the best way? When I tap it says ‘open’ there is no ‘open in’ option and nothing seems to happen when I press open apart from taking me to a blank page. I haven’t dealt with zipped files in the past.
    Cheers

• @RajahP said:

@Billewis said:

Documents by Readle will zip and unzip files. It’s free too.

Documents by Readdle by Readdle Inc. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/documents-by-readdle/id364901807?mt=8

• @wim said:

@RajahP said:

@Billewis said:

Documents by Readle will zip and unzip files. It’s free too.

Documents by Readdle by Readdle Inc. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/documents-by-readdle/id364901807?mt=8

Thank you...

I opened the zip with AudioShare... > send to GR-16..

• This is proving too much for my ineptitude even with Readle (thanks for the link). I’m off to bed now. It’s three am. Thanks

• The giant update is there.

But with the shop seems to be a bug:

• This sounds really good, the wavetable feature has really turned this around for me :)

• edited September 2018

Wow, what a tasty update!
    The wavetable feature alone is f an ta st ic guys!! :smiley:

• @tja said:
    The giant update is there.

But with the shop seems to be a bug:

Same here, will be mashing that IAP later to show support like, er, Pavloff’s Dog. ;)

• One question guys: where do I find custom wavetables for this thing? Loving the update!

• You guys gotta share some audio examples of the wavetables here. I’ve been curious about it since Jim announced it.

• @Rich303 said:
    You guys gotta share some audio examples of the wavetables here. I’ve been curious about it since Jim announced it.

You guy gotta buy the app and tweak them to your taste :smiley:
    Short summary:

• Smooth interpolation between wavetable frames using "Edit 1" which can be controlled by the modulator section (EG, LFO, ramp...)
    • Edit 2 controls the "pulse width", treating the wavetable like one half of a square waveform, adding an adjustable "zero time" to the wave and adding sonically useful variation
    • The EG still works for volume independently.
    • The sounds & patterns IAP shows how to use all this and adds a number of quality sounds, get this if you want to see how to make use of the new features and watch Jim doing a number of tricks.
  • @rs2000 said:

@Rich303 said:
    You guys gotta share some audio examples of the wavetables here. I’ve been curious about it since Jim announced it.

You guy gotta buy the app and tweak them to your taste :smiley:
    Short summary:

• Smooth interpolation between wavetable frames using "Edit 1" which can be controlled by the modulator section (EG, LFO, ramp...)
    • Edit 2 controls the "pulse width", treating the wavetable like one half of a square waveform, adding an adjustable "zero time" to the wave and adding sonically useful variation
    • The EG still works for volume independently.
    • The sounds & patterns IAP shows how to use all this and adds a number of quality sounds, get this if you want to see how to make use of the new features and watch Jim doing a number of tricks.

Thanks for the explanation. I’ve been on the fence, wanting to buy this app since Day 1. But I had so many other things going on and figured I’d wait until I found more time for it. Since then, a lot of features have been added that I wish were in Electribe Wave. But I don’t wanna abandon it. So I’m making the best of it and hoping for more (mainly sample and wavetable import). I’ll wait a little while for GR-16. I’m sure I’ll buy it eventually.

• wimwim
    edited September 2018

Great, great update! I just love this app and this developer!
    @jimpavloff thanks especially for the shift lock! I know this was something you didn’t especially see the need for, but it makes a big difference to me at least! B)

@db909 said:
    One question guys: where do I find custom wavetables for this thing? Loving the update!

Just google “Serum Wavetables”. Tons of ‘em out there.

@jimpavloff added midi-out for all the knobs! This thing is now a midi automation powerhouse. I can’t want to try it out. I don’t see any mention of which cc’s are output, so some experimentation will be needed. ;)

• The wavetable synth is awesome!! And the midi out for modulation. Wow.

@jimpavloff you are DOING IT!!

😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎

• wimwim
    edited September 2018

Here are the cc’s I found that the controls send. The channel number follows the pad number. So, that’s 17 x 16 = 272 automation enabled knobs. Sweet!

• If you’re just sending midi, is there a way to turn off the internal sound? I tried mute and dropping level in the mixer but that kills the midi out too.

• wimwim
    edited September 2018

@skiphunt said:
    If you’re just sending midi, is there a way to turn off the internal sound? I tried mute and dropping level in the mixer but that kills the midi out too.

I just assign a silent sample to the pad.