Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• The 8 bars really allow for more interesting automation. Combined with the new mute modes, this gets me super excited! :o

• Mute modes help a bunch! This has always been the one app on iOS that I feel like I could actually perform with live, and not having to worry about hitting mute at just the right time takes it even further.

• edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hummm!!! I just stumbled on something.

A (very) fast quadruple-tap on a control will set GR-16 into midi learn mode. You can then tap any knob and apparently you can midi learn it. The write button starts flashing, then says the learn ed value is saved if you tap it.

I’m not inclined to try it unless it’s actually purposefully there and likely to actually work. It would be interesting if it did, and if the cc output by the control changed to match.

• @wim said:
    Hummm!!! I just stumbled on something.

A (very) fast quadruple-tap on a control will set GR-16 into midi learn mode. You can then tap any knob and apparently you can midi learn it. The write button starts flashing, then says the learn ed value is saved if you tap it.

I’m not inclined to try it unless it’s actually purposefully there and likely to actually work. It would be interesting if it did, and if the cc output by the control changed to match.

Don’t know about the last part but midi learns been there for a while 😄

• @wim said:
    Hummm!!! I just stumbled on something.

Yes, Midi Learn sets the same midi controller number both for the Midi Input and Midi Output for the given knob.

• Awesome update. Thank you Mr. Jim!

• @tja said:
    The giant update is there.

But with the shop seems to be a bug:

I'm currently working for small update to fix it. There's however a workaround currently. You can close the app entirely from the background, then (with the internet is connected), start the app and try again.

• @jimpavloff said:

@tja said:

I'm currently working for small update to fix it. There's however a workaround currently. You can close the app entirely from the background, then (with the internet is connected), start the app and try again.

Sadly no.
    I always close all App and I did retry already.
    So, does not seem to work.

Checking the App Store, I can see that there is no IAP mentioned or visible.
    Maybe that's the problem?

• @tja said:

@jimpavloff said:

@tja said:

Sadly no.
    I always close all App and I did retry already.
    So, does not seem to work.

Checking the App Store, I can see that there is no IAP mentioned or visible.
    Maybe that's the problem?

What's your App Store country?

• Sent you a PM

• @jimpavloff said:

@tja said:

Thanks Jim, this sorted me out.

Wavetable thing alone is worth funding future developments.

• edited September 2018

This is a brilliant app and the update has made it even more brillianter

• If anyone is worried about which Groovebox is better, let me put your concerns to rest by saying Grooverider is fully compatible with any other software available. For example I’m loading up my pads with loop stems from Gadget and Electribe as we speak for some sweet sweet loop slicing and quantised muting!

• Bank B IAP worked for me this AM in US. Didn’t work last night but I’ve updated to iOS 12 in the meantime. B)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • A SWEET update... so much to explore.. The wavetable thing is fab..

This needs a video...

Thanks..

• Can one of you fine power users explain how you are using this outside of itself? In other words, driving other synths? In AUM? Any videos? I'd love to jump on board, and would certainly use it within it's own universe, but would also like to see with my own eyes (i am a visual learner) how this plays outside of it's own world. Thanks so much for any help here.

• https://youtu.be/CEFUmY3E9SA

First livejam remix on 1.6. Obviously a bit rushed to get it out on the first day. Good times ahead.

• edited September 2018

@jimpavloff

8-Bars!! Awesome! Picked up the IAP as well. Some awesome techniques to have a look at! Great job!

Now please make a hardware version of this!!!

• The real winner here is the new “paste mixer”. Very very helpful

• edited September 2018

Bought the IAP more as an investment (not really sure what it provides other than guidance? examples?). But after months of fence-sitting and watching the other megathread expand into ever-esoteric discussions, I finally dove in. Groove Rider is flat-out amazing. The sounds are completely malleable. The trig conditions actually make me giddy. I find myself drawn to it constantly, and I still feel like I’m only scratching the surface.

Two questions.
    • What does that loop button do?
    • What exactly are the MUTE innovations?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Bought the IAP more as an investment (not really sure what it provides other than guidance? examples?). But after months of fence-sitting and watching the other megathread expand into ever-esoteric discussions, I finally dove in. Groove Rider is flat-out amazing. The sounds are completely malleable. The trig conditions actually make me giddy. I find myself drawn to it constantly, and I still feel like I’m only scratching the surface.

Two questions.
    • What does that loop button do?
    • What exactly are the MUTE innovations?

The loop button just loops the current bar. Useful for when you are working on one bar of a larger pattern, used to have to wait for the whole thing. Also seems like a performance tool. The mute innovations just sync the mutes to the beat, bar whatever. Previously you just muted things manually with your own timing

• One more question (yeah I am poised to purchase this, cannot resisit) ...
    How are files handled? AudioShare? Files.App?

And yes, I've read as much of this thread as possible but it is impossibly huge!

• @Dawdles said:

@kinkujin said:
    One more question (yeah I am poised to purchase this, cannot resisit) ...

And yes, I've read as much of this thread as possible but it is impossibly huge!

My biggest gripe with gr16. Can’t browse/use files from other apps. Have to import them. And it doesn’t work with nested folders. So even after import you have a mile long list of samples to scan down in gr16. Really wish this area of its dev saw some love to bring it up to speed....

No need to import everything into GR. Use Audioshare as your source and nest as much as you wish. When you do import you can save it as a preset. The preset list can’t be categorised or tagged or reordered as of yet but that has been requested previously.

• @Dawdles said:

@kinkujin said:
    One more question (yeah I am poised to purchase this, cannot resisit) ...

My biggest gripe with gr16. Can’t browse/use files from other apps. Have to import them. And it doesn’t work with nested folders. So even after import you have a mile long list of samples to scan down in gr16. Really wish this area of its dev saw some love to bring it up to speed....

Thanks Dawdles. Any word from dev is this is going to be addressed?
    How disruptive is this to your flow in GR?

• edited September 2018

ok, so one more question if I may ...
    Could I load up GR-16 into AUM or ApeMatrix, and send its midi out to trigger other AU / IAA synths? This would be key to me.