Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• @Dawdles said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@Dawdles said:

@kinkujin said:
    One more question (yeah I am poised to purchase this, cannot resisit) ...
    How are files handled? AudioShare? Files.App?

And yes, I've read as much of this thread as possible but it is impossibly huge!

My biggest gripe with gr16. Can’t browse/use files from other apps. Have to import them. And it doesn’t work with nested folders. So even after import you have a mile long list of samples to scan down in gr16. Really wish this area of its dev saw some love to bring it up to speed....

No need to import everything into GR. Use Audioshare as your source and nest as much as you wish. When you do import you can save it as a preset. The preset list can’t be categorised or tagged or reordered as of yet but that has been requested previously.

It’s so clunky like this tho. Leave gr16, Import, audition...nah, that’s not right, Import, audition, nah, that’s not right.... compared to bm3 internal browser or spacecraft it’s the dark ages ;)

I wouldn’t mind importing if it made for organised browsing with audition from gr16 in organised sample folders.

Or ideally just let me browse my already organised sample folder in bm3, like Spacecraft does...

Maybe I’m just not getting a grip on how the current way can be fluid, are there any vids out there that demonstrates the trick for it not being a pita? I’m pretty clueless about half the iOS import methods/tricks etc ...

If you use the multitasking Audioshare it isn’t clunky at all.

• @Dawdles
    Are you a beatbox sort of writer? Or more linear? I'm def more into the linear style but this has me thinking something different. Might be more akin to my love of Orion Studio on the desktop? I dunno, wanting to try this out.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Dawdles said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@Dawdles said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@Dawdles said:

@kinkujin said:

And yes, I've read as much of this thread as possible but it is impossibly huge!

My biggest gripe with gr16. Can’t browse/use files from other apps. Have to import them. And it doesn’t work with nested folders. So even after import you have a mile long list of samples to scan down in gr16. Really wish this area of its dev saw some love to bring it up to speed....

No need to import everything into GR. Use Audioshare as your source and nest as much as you wish. When you do import you can save it as a preset. The preset list can’t be categorised or tagged or reordered as of yet but that has been requested previously.

It’s so clunky like this tho. Leave gr16, Import, audition...nah, that’s not right, Import, audition, nah, that’s not right.... compared to bm3 internal browser or spacecraft it’s the dark ages ;)

I wouldn’t mind importing if it made for organised browsing with audition from gr16 in organised sample folders.

Or ideally just let me browse my already organised sample folder in bm3, like Spacecraft does...

Maybe I’m just not getting a grip on how the current way can be fluid, are there any vids out there that demonstrates the trick for it not being a pita? I’m pretty clueless about half the iOS import methods/tricks etc ...

Do you have to leave gr16 to browse?

Audioshare sits a layer above. It’s multitasking. In GR swipe up for the dock and then find Audioshare. Drag it onto the screen and it will open as a pop up app that can be moved around the screen or tucked to the side.

Watch this demonstration

https://youtu.be/A2DtA1sRl_M

• @Dawdles said:

@kinkujin said:
    @Dawdles
    Are you a beatbox sort of writer? Or more linear? I'm def more into the linear style but this has me thinking something different. Might be more akin to my love of Orion Studio on the desktop? I dunno, wanting to try this out.

I work with varying combos of both grooveboxes/patterns and linear/daw. This groovebox has some learning curve with muscle memory etc but quite a lot of functionality in return..

Thanks friend.

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    https://youtu.be/CEFUmY3E9SA

First livejam remix on 1.6. Obviously a bit rushed to get it out on the first day. Good times ahead.

Cool beats - what UI skin you using is it Custom it looks slick cool

• This question, sorry to post again but is vital ...
    ok, so one more question if I may ...
    Could I load up GR-16 into AUM or ApeMatrix, and send its midi out to trigger other AU / IAA synths? This would be key to me.

• @stormbeats said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

First livejam remix on 1.6. Obviously a bit rushed to get it out on the first day. Good times ahead.

@LucidMusicInc if poss if custom can you give me the UI settings really like it

• @stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

• edited September 2018

Where is the reverb in this machine? Somehow I have a hard time to find it - thanks in advanced

• @david_2017 said:
    Where is the reverb in this machine? Somehow I have a hard time to find it - thanks in advanced

Send FX above the track pad. You have a basic selection of reverb parameters that can be changed in pattern settings.

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@Dawdles said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@Dawdles said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@Dawdles said:

@kinkujin said:

Do you have to leave gr16 to browse?

Audioshare sits a layer above. It’s multitasking. In GR swipe up for the dock and then find Audioshare. Drag it onto the screen and it will open as a pop up app that can be moved around the screen or tucked to the side.

Watch this demonstration

https://youtu.be/A2DtA1sRl_M

That's really cool. But you do wish there was a way to just grab the whole folder and send them to the pads....

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@david_2017 said:

Send FX above the track pad. You have a basic selection of reverb parameters that can be changed in pattern settings.

Ah thanks mate! But do I see it right that you cannot „lock“ the reverb or send it to a specific synth track or so? Only manageable with the pad?!

• edited September 2018

@david_2017 said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@david_2017 said:

Ah thanks mate! But do I see it right that you cannot „lock“ the reverb or send it to a specific synth track or so? Only manageable with the pad?!

It’s a send effect for any and all pads. Each one you can assign the send level but no unique reverb % pad. Above send fx you’ve got insert fx or IFX for other effects like delay and distortion etc.

@Dawdles yes and I’ve got a dozen other suggestions about the UI, how the lists are organised etc. Making kits is an arduous process.

• edited September 2018

@db909 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Bought the IAP more as an investment (not really sure what it provides other than guidance? examples?). But after months of fence-sitting and watching the other megathread expand into ever-esoteric discussions, I finally dove in. Groove Rider is flat-out amazing. The sounds are completely malleable. The trig conditions actually make me giddy. I find myself drawn to it constantly, and I still feel like I’m only scratching the surface.

Two questions.
    • What does that loop button do?
    • What exactly are the MUTE innovations?

The loop button just loops the current bar. Useful for when you are working on one bar of a larger pattern, used to have to wait for the whole thing. Also seems like a performance tool. The mute innovations just sync the mutes to the beat, bar whatever. Previously you just muted things manually with your own timing

You can also hold the LOOP button down while the pattern is playing and then release it at the right time when you want to loop more than one bar.

For example, start holding it when bar 2 is playing and release it during bar 4, and Bars 2-4 will now loop. Genius!

• edited September 2018

Thanks very much for making EDIT 1 and EDIT 2 now show the parameter being affected. Brilliant stuff, it makes a real difference to the UI.

My big feature request now is for us to get more than one mod slot and for the EDIT 2 parameter to become a destination. Dunno how you fit that in on screen, though. Maybe a toggle to flip between mod slots?

I'm loading some Serum wavetables into the Wave synth. Is there any easy way to get a load of them in there at once? I was doing the 'open zip file in Audioshare, then export them one by one to Files' way.

• edited September 2018

@Michael_R_Grant said:
    Thanks very much for making EDIT 1 and EDIT 2 now show the parameter being affected. Brilliant stuff, it makes a real difference to the UI.

My big feature request now is for us to get more than one mod slot and for the EDIT 2 parameter to become a destination. Dunno how you fit that in on screen, though. Maybe a toggle to flip between mod slots?

I'm loading some Serum wavetables into the Wave synth. Is there any easy way to get a load of them in there at once? I was doing the 'open zip file in Audioshare, then export them one by one to Files' way.

Place wavetable files into Wave folder for them to appear in GR. But remember, no subfolders supported inside the Wave folder.

• I still can’t download that IAP. 😳😟

• edited September 2018

@Chaztrip I couldnt either but after the fourth or fifth ‘close in background and repeat’ it worked! Keep trying, it’s mos def worth a few extra swipes

• @Richtowns said:
    @Chaztrip I couldnt either but after the fourth or fifth ‘close in background and repeat’ it worked! Keep trying, it’s mos def worth a few extra swipes

Not sure what you mean close in background? I have tried closing the app and going back in like 20 times to no avail.

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

Cheers dude Appreciated

• @Chaztrip said:

@Richtowns said:

Not sure what you mean close in background? I have tried closing the app and going back in like 20 times to no avail.

Close entirely by double tapping home button and removing the app from the background, as a workaround. This issue will be fixed with a small update soon.

• @jimpavloff said:

@Chaztrip said:

@Richtowns said:

Close entirely by double tapping home button and removing the app from the background, as a workaround. This issue will be fixed with a small update soon.

Ya that is what I have been doing. No problem I can wait. Thanks.

• @jimpavloff
    I love the wavetables, and I love the maze that is GR16.
    Thank you.

Any suggestions on how to import further wavetables — like, an efficient method — greatly appreciated.

• Got my answers by watching this video. Bad ass app and I will be grabbing it tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joiy0BHVwY0

• So good. I hope for nested folders some time. Thanks man

• @wim said:

@skiphunt said:
    If you’re just sending midi, is there a way to turn off the internal sound? I tried mute and dropping level in the mixer but that kills the midi out too.

I just assign a silent sample to the pad.

A little disable internal audio switch would be nice... but this will work. Thanks! :)

• @skiphunt said:

@wim said:

@skiphunt said:
    If you’re just sending midi, is there a way to turn off the internal sound? I tried mute and dropping level in the mixer but that kills the midi out too.

I just assign a silent sample to the pad.

A little disable internal audio switch would be nice... but this will work. Thanks! :)

Does turning down the master volume work?