Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• @jimpavloff said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@db909 said:

@db909 said:

@jimpavloff said:
    Updated manual v1.6.0 with the recent changes is now available for download. Nothing special in it, but for those who asked.

Awesome. I forgot to mention, but the app hangs up for a second or two when selecting or scrolling through imported wavetables. Hasn’t crashed or anything, just a small hiccup

Edit: I’m guessing maybe that’s the screen edge thing that got fixed? Dunno.

I had the same experience, but I hadn't updated to OS12 yet, so maybe that's it?

That is the time it needs to open selected wavetable. It actually converts (resamples) it into 16 wavetable subtables for better sound.

Aha. Worth it.

• @jimpavloff thanks for the great app and excellent support. B)

• @rs2000 said:

@Dawdles said:
    @jimpavloff would if maybe be possible to add editing for mfx automation?

One thing you can do to make automation a little more precise is to pull down the bpm so you have enough time to tweak knobs more precisely. That's the groovebox way of doing things :smiley:

Changing automation from smooth to stepped in part menu can also make it more precise sounding good

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@rs2000 said:

@Dawdles said:

One thing you can do to make automation a little more precise is to pull down the bpm so you have enough time to tweak knobs more precisely. That's the groovebox way of doing things :smiley:

Changing automation from smooth to stepped in part menu can also make it more precise sounding good

You're right, even better if you want that "stepped" effect.
    Thanks! :smile:

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • are there any videos up showing how to use the new wavetable stuff? where is it located is it in the oscillator section?

• @eross said:
    are there any videos up showing how to use the new wavetable stuff? where is it located is it in the oscillator section?

Under 'wave'

• also, i’m trying to add bars by pressing the plus button. but nothing changes. do i have to be in a different mode to add bars?

• @Dawdles said:
    Gr16 has really turned in to a very ‘complete’ feeling app. Been digging it a lot the past couple days. Impressive dev work :)

@jimpavloff the more I use it, the more I need more user pattern banks.....Unlimited would be ideal but even limited to 128 (name-able) banks would be great... Seems like a very strange inconvenience/limitation to have only 1 user bank/project!?

Congrats to being one of the most creative users of Gr-16 :wink:
    You can always back up existing patterns and start with a fresh bank of air.

• oh, thanks. yeah a double tap there would be more convinient. > @Dawdles said:

@eross said:
    also, i’m trying to add bars by pressing the plus button. but nothing changes. do i have to be in a different mode to add bars?

You have to use the main menu for defining pattern length. The plus/minus just scroll through the pattern bars.

Would be cool if double tap that box came up with a list column window for amount of bars. For performace stuff messing with different length patterns without having to hit the menus...

• @eross said:
    also, i’m trying to add bars by pressing the plus button. but nothing changes. do i have to be in a different mode to add bars?

[ENTER] > Pattern > Length

• lol i just found it right after posting. but thank you Samu > @Samu said:

@eross said:
    are there any videos up showing how to use the new wavetable stuff? where is it located is it in the oscillator section?

Under 'wave'

• edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited September 2018

@Dawdles said:

@rs2000 said:

@Dawdles said:
    Gr16 has really turned in to a very ‘complete’ feeling app. Been digging it a lot the past couple days. Impressive dev work :)

@jimpavloff the more I use it, the more I need more user pattern banks.....Unlimited would be ideal but even limited to 128 (name-able) banks would be great... Seems like a very strange inconvenience/limitation to have only 1 user bank/project!?

Congrats to being one of the most creative users of Gr-16 :wink:
    You can always back up existing patterns and start with a fresh bank of air.

It’s just a really scattered, awkward solution to only have 1 user bank loaded at a time. Feels like any other app as powerful as this would have project folders. Way more organised and convenient for sorting live sets and trying different patterns and/or songs together etc...

I don't think it would be difficult to add a couple of additional user banks.
    We already have 256 user patterns that can be renamed to anything you like, but i hear you, having one bank per song or project or style would make pattern organisation a lot easier.
    We currently have USER, BANK A and BANK B.
    I could imagine having a scrollable list of USER 1..20 that can be renamed each (by tapping on the name again), BANK A and BANK B, and I could also imagine Jim making good use of it when jamming :smile:

• @Dawdles said:
    Is it possible to disable mfx? If not then maybe shift+mfx could toggle mfx on/off @jimpavloff ?

Of course it is. Either toggle off the MFX hold button, or go to the utils menu and “clear mfx automation”

• edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Dawdles said:

@rs2000 said:

@Dawdles said:

@rs2000 said:

@Dawdles said:

Thanks, that’ll probably help actually :) wish the x/y pad was a little bigger sometimes for mfx/arp...

iOS Settings > General > Accessibility > Zoom = On
    Show Controller = Off
    Zoom Region = Full Screen
    Set Maximum Zoom Level to your liking (I'd start with 2x)
    With that enabled, you can double-tap with three fingers anywhere on screen (in your case you'd double-tap on the X Y pad) to zoom in, same gesture again to zoom out.
    When zoomed in, you can pan around the screen using tap-move with three fingers.
    I've learned this with the old PPG WaveMapper which has an insanely small mod matrix.

Edit: Sometimes it's necessary to move the viewport a wee bit in order for touches to work properly, seems like a rare iOS bug.

Dude! This is gonna be so useful. Never heard of this before. Thanks! Instant thoughts of Ppg infinite which it sounds is similar mod matrix to wavemapper. The tiny extended sequencer Grid in the alt spacecraft mode too. And gr16 mfx....result :)

@Dawdles said:

As far as GR 16 goes I’d say all the checkboxes are ticked off at this stage. Now we can give @jimpavloff some well deserved revenue and via the IAP and some R&R before getting started on GR 64 code name MK II.

• I agree, I’d like to see unlimited/lots of user banks too, this current way puts me off, I would probably use a new bank for different projects then, so it’s easier to access them.

This and the jogwheel scroll menu keeps me from using it more. I can see this works as hardware and on small devices like an iPhone it’s a good method. But on a 12.9 iPad it’s more of a hindrance as an interface for me. Although I’m sure if you use it as your main app it eventually sticks with you, but if you are jumping from different workflows it’s hard to get used to personally. :)

• edited September 2018

@Dawdles said:

@db909 said:

@Dawdles said:
    Is it possible to disable mfx? If not then maybe shift+mfx could toggle mfx on/off @jimpavloff ?

Of course it is. Either toggle off the MFX hold button, or go to the utils menu and “clear mfx automation”

I mean in a scenario where you have mfx recorded as an important part of the pattern, but you wanna mess with it on/off/on/off.. . Can't figure out how to do that? You know like how normally you'd just hit 'bypass' on an effect...

Ahh. Well you can obviously toggle it on/off per part with the button on the synth controls, but for what you’re describing, I’d recommend letting the pattern play, not recording, and just touch the pad to the bottom of it where you want it to not be heard. Since it’s not recording, it will bounce back to the recorded automation when you lift your finger. Probably better anyways, bypassing on/off might sound jumpy and weird. Or you could save different versions of the pattern with it on or off. Shift + write- save to new, etc

• edited September 2018

@Dawdles said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@Dawdles said:

@rs2000 said:

@Dawdles said:

@rs2000 said:

@Dawdles said:

Thanks, that’ll probably help actually :) wish the x/y pad was a little bigger sometimes for mfx/arp...

iOS Settings > General > Accessibility > Zoom = On
    Show Controller = Off
    Zoom Region = Full Screen
    Set Maximum Zoom Level to your liking (I'd start with 2x)
    With that enabled, you can double-tap with three fingers anywhere on screen (in your case you'd double-tap on the X Y pad) to zoom in, same gesture again to zoom out.
    When zoomed in, you can pan around the screen using tap-move with three fingers.
    I've learned this with the old PPG WaveMapper which has an insanely small mod matrix.

Edit: Sometimes it's necessary to move the viewport a wee bit in order for touches to work properly, seems like a rare iOS bug.

Dude! This is gonna be so useful. Never heard of this before. Thanks! Instant thoughts of Ppg infinite which it sounds is similar mod matrix to wavemapper. The tiny extended sequencer Grid in the alt spacecraft mode too. And gr16 mfx....result :)

@Dawdles said:

As far as GR 16 goes I’d say all the checkboxes are ticked off at this stage. Now we can give @jimpavloff some well deserved revenue and via the IAP and some R&R before getting started on GR 64 code name MK II.

Yup the actual instrument feels pretty 'done'. Great job :) For me I still have couple issues with some of the dull, non-musical aspects tho... Lack of user banks, nested folders not supported... Really hope that stuff can be polished up before it's left to graze..

The little LCD screen is a hassle admittedly. Separating the 256 patterns into banks would be nice too, for example a bank for kits, a bank for drafting patterns and a bank for arranging sets etc. As the lists get longer and longer the tedium of scrolling and searching can definitely be a serious inhibitor.

• IAP bought to support! 👊

• The little LCD screen is a hassle admittedly. Separating the 256 patterns into banks would be nice too, for example a bank for kits, a bank for drafting patterns and a bank for arranging sets etc. As the lists get longer and longer the tedium of scrolling and searching can definitely be a serious inhibitor.

I'd be happy with the seemingly simple tweak that would allow a Long Press on a Pattern to enable "drag & drop", which would enable a easy reordering of patterns. And maybe using Slide Left on a pattern name to "Delete" rather than "Init", that way we could remove "works in progress" that are experiments on patterns we're trying to build into a related "sequence" in the effort to build a "song" (chain) i.e. The Beat 1, The Beat 2, The Beat 3, etc.

• @dawdles yeah I dunno bout that effect you’re using, it’s not one I use, but for most fx there’s a place on the pad where the fx values are zero or close enough to so that’s why I suggested that. Maybe the vinyl pitch effect is different

• @Carnbot said:
    I agree, I’d like to see unlimited/lots of user banks too, this current way puts me off, I would probably use a new bank for different projects then, so it’s easier to access them.

This and the jogwheel scroll menu keeps me from using it more. I can see this works as hardware and on small devices like an iPhone it’s a good method. But on a 12.9 iPad it’s more of a hindrance as an interface for me. Although I’m sure if you use it as your main app it eventually sticks with you, but if you are jumping from different workflows it’s hard to get used to personally. :)

Exactly how I feel. Especially as regards the user banks.