Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• @RajahP said:

@rs2000 said:

@RajahP said:
    How does one record mutes on this?

Can you give an example of what you'd like to do?

Ok.. trying to like automate (record) the mutes while a pattern is playing.. Like if you have an 8 bar pattern, while the pattern is playing, I would like to record mutes ‘live’.. like muting the bass for like 2 bar, muting a snare part etc, all live.. and have it played back with the mutes as I have recorded..

Thanks..

At least you could automate all the track volumes live if you like, track-by-track.
    Mapping a MIDI controller (on-off button with two volume CC levels) to the volume knob will make life easier.
    I'm just trying to imagine how much it would be worth recording mutes live inside the pattern - even if it was possible, you'd only be able to record it once for the whole pattern, so in your case it would repeat every 8 bars...

• Hi @jimpavloff, it’s probably been asked before, but are there plans to add multiple audio outputs to GR-16? I’d like to be able to route different pads to different channels in say, AUM.

One of the motivations is to add sidechain compression to just some channels using things like Envolver and Woodpressor. Sorry, I know I keep bugging you about sidechaining!

(My current solution is to use panning to send kicks on one channel and everything to another channel for sidechaining). I’ve tried various other ways to get the effect I’m looking for...

• @jimpavloff could we get a setting to shrink the font size. On a 10” screen there’s ample room to shrink the font down at least 50% which would enable more visibility for the lists thereby reducing scrolling. Also consider making the shift and the arrow cursor buttons work like a home and end button, moving the cursor to the beginning or end of the list, something to make menu diving a little more fluid.

• edited October 2018

@rs2000 said:

@RajahP said:

@rs2000 said:

@RajahP said:

Ok.. trying to like automate (record) the mutes while a pattern is playing.. Like if you have an 8 bar pattern, while the pattern is playing, I would like to record mutes ‘live’.. like muting the bass for like 2 bar, muting a snare part etc, all live.. and have it played back with the mutes as I have recorded..

Thanks..

At least you could automate all the track volumes live if you like, track-by-track.
    Mapping a MIDI controller (on-off button with two volume CC levels) to the volume knob will make life easier.
    I'm just trying to imagine how much it would be worth recording mutes live inside the pattern - even if it was possible, you'd only be able to record it once for the whole pattern, so in your case it would repeat every 8 bars...

Thanks all for the responses.. maybe ‘automating mutes’ can be a feature request.. it, like conditional triggers makes traditional DAWs seem outdated.. with just one pattern programmed with these features creating songs is a cakewalk.. Recording a live midi jam in Xequence turns this into something new..

• edited October 2018

Midi recorded into Xequence llive from a GR16 jam...

• @RajahP said:

@rs2000 said:

@RajahP said:

@rs2000 said:

@RajahP said:

Thanks..

Thanks all for the responses.. maybe ‘automating mutes’ can be a feature request.. it, like conditional triggers makes traditional DAWs seem outdated.. with just one pattern programmed with these features creating songs is a cakewalk.. Recording a live midi jam in Xequence turns this into something new..

Id really encourage you to try recording your performances to audio using the mute quantisation.

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@RajahP said:

@rs2000 said:

@RajahP said:

@rs2000 said:

@RajahP said:

Thanks..

Id really encourage you to try recording your performances to audio using the mute quantisation.

Are there any videos out there to demonstrate this process?

• you just trigger the patterns from the list and mute stuff while recording the audio. The mute settings are in settings. There’s really nothing to it

• @RajahP said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@RajahP said:

@rs2000 said:

@RajahP said:

@rs2000 said:

@RajahP said:

Thanks..

https://youtu.be/GfgMBFLcAiI

• @RajahP said:

Muting in GR will mute midi in any other app too. :)

• @db909 said:
    you just trigger the patterns from the list and mute stuff while recording the audio. The mute settings are in settings. There’s really nothing to it

Ok, I guess record a ‘stereo’ mix to another app? I am trying to get multitrack

@db909 said:
    you just trigger the patterns from the list and mute stuff while recording the audio. The mute settings are in settings. There’s really nothing to it

Ok, I guess recording the audio to a stereo mix? I want a multitrack recording for further editing, mixing.. or maybe I am missing something here?

@LucidMusicInc said:

@RajahP said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@RajahP said:

@rs2000 said:

@RajahP said:

@rs2000 said:

@RajahP said:

Thanks..

Thanks.. just imagine if you can record mutes in a pattern, copy and creat a new pattern, edit that new pattern ( Conditional triggers/Probability) and so on.. And with the upcoming ‘Song Mode’... 😵

Thanks..

• edited October 2018

@LucidMusicInc said:

@RajahP said:

But you will probably spend about 1/2 hr setting up the darn thing.. I guess you have not used xequence’s new multitrack recording feature... nothing less than magic..

• @RajahP said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@RajahP said:

But you will probably spend about 1/2 hr setting up the darn thing.. I guess you have not used xequence’s new multitrack recording feature... nothing less than magic..

Does GR have multi audio out?

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@RajahP said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@RajahP said:

Does GR have multi audio out?

Nope it’s stereo out only I believe (can export to individual parts). I’d love some multiple out 🙂

• We'd all love mulitple audio outs, but it's too much to ask of Mr. Pavloff! (Reverse psychology!)

https://youtu.be/mc0kKNOqj7I

• edited October 2018

@RajahP said:

@db909 said:

@db909 said:

Ok, I guess recording the audio to a stereo mix? I want a multitrack recording for further editing, mixing.. or maybe I am missing something here?

@LucidMusicInc said:

@RajahP said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@RajahP said:

@rs2000 said:

@RajahP said:

@rs2000 said:

@RajahP said:

Thanks..

Thanks.. just imagine if you can record mutes in a pattern, copy and creat a new pattern, edit that new pattern ( Conditional triggers/Probability) and so on.. And with the upcoming ‘Song Mode’... 😵

Thanks..

Um ok well what you CAN do is export your pattern stems and arrange them in the daw of your choice. I’ve done it successfully without mute automation if such a thing ever existed.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    We'd all love mulitple audio outs, but it's too much to ask of Mr. Pavloff! (Reverse psychology!)

Haha nice strategy 😀

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@RajahP said:

@db909 said:

@db909 said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@RajahP said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@RajahP said:

@rs2000 said:

@RajahP said:

@rs2000 said:

@RajahP said:

Thanks..

Thanks..

Um ok well what you CAN do is export your pattern stems and arrange them in the daw of your choice. I’ve done it successfully without mute automation if such a thing ever existed.

Seems to be a good procedure.. Do you notice drifts from the the BPM after an export? Noticed a slight drift after about 32 bars of the exported stems.. It may be me.. will try to export once again..

This seems to be great for bringing in other elements (BM3 with Ableton link).. sweet

Ready for Song Mode
    😎

• @RajahP said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@RajahP said:

@db909 said:

@db909 said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@RajahP said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@RajahP said:

@rs2000 said:

@RajahP said:

@rs2000 said:

@RajahP said:

Thanks..

Thanks..

Seems to be a good procedure.. Do you notice drifts from the the BPM after an export? Noticed a slight drift after about 32 bars of the exported stems.. It may be me.. will try to export once again..

This seems to be great for bringing in other elements (BM3 with Ableton link).. sweet

Ready for Song Mode
    😎

I recommend Cubasis because you can time stretch the audio so that it can be locked into the grid, and yes you can get much more creative this way!

• .> @LucidMusicInc said:

I recommend Cubasis because you can time stretch the audio so that it can be locked into the grid, and yes you can get much more creative this way!

Or, because live jamming was asked for: Loopy HD, BlocsWave, Launchpad, Remixlive.
    Another fun way to switch seamlessly between four completely different loops that have already been mixed down: GlitchBreaks.
    Only Loopy and GlitchBreaks can follow Midi Clock from any clock source, in case you need it.

• @rs2000 said:
    .> @LucidMusicInc said:

Or, because live jamming was asked for: Loopy HD, BlocsWave, Launchpad, Remixlive.
    Another fun way to switch seamlessly between four completely different loops that have already been mixed down: GlitchBreaks.
    Only Loopy and GlitchBreaks can follow Midi Clock from any clock source, in case you need it.

For live jamming just stick with GR!

+1 for all those suggestions anyway. I rediscovered Blocswave. Works nicely for chopping up bits played from AudioShare. @ampify ought to consider a proper transient slicer and chromatic sampler so that I can give them more money.

• @jimpavloff I am having a little problem with sample importing. I thought it would be a good idea to replace spaces with periods for my naming convention and as a result I have hundreds of samples named things like BD.100.wav or whatever the case may be. Groove rider won’t recognise these samples. I’m sorry to inconvenience you with this. Would this be a challenge to correct or should I pull out all my samples and start renaming them?

• edited October 2018

@LucidMusicInc said:
    @jimpavloff I am having a little problem with sample importing. I thought it would be a good idea to replace spaces with periods for my naming convention and as a result I have hundreds of samples named things like BD.100.wav or whatever the case may be. Groove rider won’t recognise these samples. I’m sorry to inconvenience you with this. Would this be a challenge to correct or should I pull out all my samples and start renaming them?

I guess Jim simply didn't expect you to do that.
    Dots in file names are valid characters, and the file extension should be read after the last dot in the name. Maybe GR takes everything after the first dot as the extension thus won't accept them...
    I like the idea of using dots to make file names more readable.

• @rs2000 said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    @jimpavloff I am having a little problem with sample importing. I thought it would be a good idea to replace spaces with periods for my naming convention and as a result I have hundreds of samples named things like BD.100.wav or whatever the case may be. Groove rider won’t recognise these samples. I’m sorry to inconvenience you with this. Would this be a challenge to correct or should I pull out all my samples and start renaming them?

Dots in file names are valid characters, and the file extension should be read after the last dot in the name. Maybe GR takes everything after the first dot as the extension thus won't accept them...

That was the hope but it had the opposite effect

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@rs2000 said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

That was the hope but it had the opposite effect

I think it’s pretty standard to use the underscore_character or a dash - and keep . for just before extension. I stay away from all other special characters for just this reason and it has served me well.

• @anickt said:
    I think it’s pretty standard to use the underscore_character or a dash - and keep . for just before extension. I stay away from all other special characters for just this reason and it has served me well.

This... Because it avoids loads of trouble. Of course, if Jim wants/can, it's better if he improves the filename acceptance :lol:

If you have loads of files you need to rename because of this issue, there are some batch renamers on desktop. Or you could write a renamer using DOS commands. Or if by chance you are a graphical designer, Adobe Bridge is awesome for renaming tons of files and edding prefixes and whatnot :smile:

• @senhorlampada said:

@anickt said:

This... Because it avoids loads of trouble. Of course, if Jim wants/can, it's better if he improves the filename acceptance :lol:

If you have loads of files you need to rename because of this issue, there are some batch renamers on desktop. Or you could write a renamer using DOS commands. Or if by chance you are a graphical designer, Adobe Bridge is awesome for renaming tons of files and edding prefixes and whatnot :smile:

There is an app that will do simple re-naming on iOS. I think it's iFile. If you have a Mac just select all the files and right click and you'll get a rename option.

• @LucidMusicInc said:

Isn't it working? Just tried to import such filenames and they work without any problems

• @jimpavloff said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

Isn't it working? Just tried to import such filenames and they work without any problems

@jimpavloff said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

It’s an issue with zip folders or folders with periods in their names shared from AudioShare. You’re correct that importing individual files is fine. The folder after imported will appear empty.

• edited October 2018

@jimpavloff As always thanks for the updates you have done with GR16 - Will it be possible to add a resample direct to pad button That would be supercool The current Export Pattern Audio to pad is great but imagine being able to hit a pad you want to resample to then trgigger the sample from a pad direct to it Like the Roland SP303/404 If canmot be done no probs
    1.Hold Pad you want to sample to
    2.Hit/Hold pad with the original sample
    3.Release the pad with the resample
    :In my thoughts I see plenty more with GR16 as IAPs I will gladly pay for added features