Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• Does Ableton Export do ‘chain’? Seem to only be exporting ‘1 pattern’ per Ableton export..

• edited October 2018

@kobamoto said:

@wim said:

@RajahP said:
    Midi recorded into Xequence llive from a GR16 jam...

The recorded midi can be turned around so that it plays back in GR-16, which could be a solution to the request for recording mutes. What I’m doing is setting up Xequence to record GR-16 performances. Any mutes done live in GR-16 result in no midi being recorded in Xequence at that time. I can basically jam out for as long as I like and then play back what I did in GR-16 just as it was ... including automation.

You just have to remember that when you play back the midi, you don’t want any pads muted in GR-16. If they’re muted, of course nothing will play back.

It takes a lot of time to set up 16 output channels matched to 16 input sources, so I saved an empty project as a starting point. I just load the “template” project, then save-as with a new name so that I don’t overwrite the template. Oh - and you probably want to turn off record quantize in Xequence so GR-16 swing, etc. is preserved.

I’m going to try posting an AB3 preset that has everything already set up. Don’t know if it’ll work though, I’ve had trouble transferring a few presets between devices with Xequence. If it doesn’t load the project, then I’ll post a zip file of the project itself.

AB3 is the ideal way to go with this IMO. Set Xequence to a one-bar count-in with metronome. Switch over to GR-16, then press the REC button for Xequence in the AB3 toolbar. When you hear the metronome count-in hit play in GR-16 (not Audiobus). Recording will start in sync. Jam away, and when done stop Xequence from the AB3 toolbar.

Workin’ great here. ymmv.

Audiobus preset 'Xequence - GR-16': http://preset.audiob.us/nQugraZQD83KwU9

Thing of beauty ...

nice Tip, but is mute recording on the way?

Only in xequence smh

You realise it’s a looped pattern?

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    >

Only in xequence smh

I'm asking if GR16 going to get mute recording in an update, or it's not on the roadmap?

• @kobamoto said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    >

Only in xequence smh

I'm asking if GR16 going to get mute recording in an update, or it's not on the roadmap?

Yes good feature request.

• edited October 2018

@kobamoto said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    >

Only in xequence smh

No any plans for mutes currently. Upd: in Song mode you'll be able to store different mutes in each song pattern.

• @jimpavloff said:

@kobamoto said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    >

Only in xequence smh

No any plans for mutes currently. Upd: in Song mode you'll be able to store different mutes in each song pattern.

Good enough...

And, I second a poster’s call for a desktop version..

Thanks for making this...

• It’s all about the music...

Song Mode will be incredible..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dwwx6im2ngbzje3/Jam Session Pro Dm 1.pattern.gr16?dl=0

• @jimpavloff said:

@kobamoto said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    >

Only in xequence smh

thank you but how will this work, will the same mutes that are stored in song mode be stored in pattern mode?

• @kobamoto said:

@jimpavloff said:

@kobamoto said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    >

Only in xequence smh

thank you but how will this work, will the same mutes that are stored in song mode be stored in pattern mode?

In pattern mode, you have only one set of mutes per pattern. In Song mode, you'll have your own set of mutes for each time the pattern appears in a song.

• @jimpavloff said:

@kobamoto said:

@jimpavloff said:

@kobamoto said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    >

Only in xequence smh

In pattern mode, you have only one set of mutes per pattern. In Song mode, you'll have your own set of mutes for each time the pattern appears in a song.

While you're on the subject of 'enhancements' Jim, perhaps you could modify the Pattern Selector so that a Long Press on a pattern name would allow for drag and drop rearrangement of their order? Then we could easily take pattern 14 (for example) and drag it up to the number 10 slot or down to number 49. It would make set list creation for live performance a breeze B)

• @Billewis said:

@jimpavloff said:

@kobamoto said:

@jimpavloff said:

@kobamoto said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    >

Only in xequence smh

While you're on the subject of 'enhancements' Jim, perhaps you could modify the Pattern Selector so that a Long Press on a pattern name would allow for drag and drop rearrangement of their order? Then we could easily take pattern 14 (for example) and drag it up to the number 10 slot or down to number 49. It would make set list creation for live performance a breeze B)

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to do it. Even in the Song mode, I will include "Move Up" and "Move Down" buttons to do pattern order change. Implementation of dragging the patterns takes much more time, than I can currently afford.

• @jimpavloff said:

@Billewis said:

@jimpavloff said:

@kobamoto said:

@jimpavloff said:

@kobamoto said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    >

Only in xequence smh

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to do it. Even in the Song mode, I will include "Move Up" and "Move Down" buttons to do pattern order change. Implementation of dragging the patterns takes much more time, than I can currently afford.

Up & Down buttons work - thank you.

• @jimpavloff said:

@Billewis said:

@jimpavloff said:

@kobamoto said:

@jimpavloff said:

@kobamoto said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    >

Only in xequence smh

Thank you!!

• @jimpavloff said:

@kobamoto said:

@jimpavloff said:

@kobamoto said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    >

Only in xequence smh

ok, thank you.

• @Billewis said:

@jimpavloff said:

@Billewis said:

@jimpavloff said:

@kobamoto said:

@jimpavloff said:

@kobamoto said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    >

Only in xequence smh

does the app already have 'nudge' features for both tracks, and notes?

• @jimpavloff said:

@kobamoto said:

@jimpavloff said:

@kobamoto said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    >

Only in xequence smh

I love you man. Just saying. Any plans on another bank of songs and presets so I can support you financially ?

• @kobamoto said:

@Billewis said:

@jimpavloff said:

@Billewis said:

@jimpavloff said:

@kobamoto said:

@jimpavloff said:

@kobamoto said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    >

Only in xequence smh

does the app already have 'nudge' features for both tracks, and notes?

Yes. Called “time shift”. I assume that’s what you’re looking for. You can do it on a whole part/track or each note

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@jimpavloff said:

@kobamoto said:

@jimpavloff said:

@kobamoto said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    >

Only in xequence smh

I love you man. Just saying. Any plans on another bank of songs and presets so I can support you financially ?

+1 Techno Sessions Volume 2!

If you can find a way to port in audio input for sampling I’d happily pay top dollar for that too!

• @db909 said:

Yes. Called “time shift”. I assume that’s what you’re looking for. You can do it on a whole part/track or each note

gracias db

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@jimpavloff said:

@kobamoto said:

@jimpavloff said:

@kobamoto said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    >

Only in xequence smh

If you can find a way to port in audio input for sampling I’d happily pay top dollar for that too!

How bout dark R&B sessions volume 1. Do you have that in you @jimpavloff ? :smiley:

• @db909 said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@jimpavloff said:

@kobamoto said:

@jimpavloff said:

@kobamoto said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    >

Only in xequence smh

How bout dark R&B sessions volume 1. Do you have that in you @jimpavloff ? :smiley:

@db909 said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@jimpavloff said:

@kobamoto said:

@jimpavloff said:

@kobamoto said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    >

Only in xequence smh

Anything but future bass/dubstep or trap. No money in my budget for any of those. :s

• Love the way you’re developing this! Along with features let’s see more IAP? Mostly use my own samples, but want to support more. Agree with above, anything other than trap and dubstep.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    IAA problems again, not seeing Grooverider in Cubasis, or in BM3. Yes I know there are other ways to get it in via AUM but that adds to CPU useage and just more steps. I’m seeing it in Auria Pro. Tried Modstep, however Modstep at present crashes on launch!

Anyone else having IAA visibility of grooverider problems?

I guess this is still a bug, I can’t see it in Cubasis either

• @sdesign said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    IAA problems again, not seeing Grooverider in Cubasis, or in BM3. Yes I know there are other ways to get it in via AUM but that adds to CPU useage and just more steps. I’m seeing it in Auria Pro. Tried Modstep, however Modstep at present crashes on launch!

That is maybe because GR-16 is a IAA Generator, not IAA Instrument. Cubasis may not support generators, imo.

• Works fine with Audiobus. Better than fine. Syncs to Cubasis even without Link.

• @jimpavloff said:

@sdesign said:

@Jumpercollins said:

That is maybe because GR-16 is a IAA Generator, not IAA Instrument. Cubasis may not support generators, imo.

Cubasis supports IAA-Generators but they have to be loaded to an Audio Track.

• @jimpavloff Regarding the upcoming song-mode...

Korg Electribe Wave supports 'transpose' for the whole pattern(for all melodic parts) in song-mode.
    GR-16 could improve on that concept by allowing per part transpose in addition to the per part mute.

This would increase the re-usability of patterns where just a few parts need transpose (for example bass part) without having to create new patterns.

This option could potentially create a super flexible song-mode where each of the sources for the 16 parts could be freely picked from any of the existing patterns. (Ie. part 1 uses part x from pattern y transposed by z, part 2 uses part x from yet another pattern etc.). The master effects could be taken from the pattern used on song part 1 or separate master-effect setting for the whole song.

This is just me 'brain storming' loud to check if it makes sense...
    (The core idea is from old-school trackers where a 'pattern' was just one voice and the song mode collected the needed patterns for playback and played them back with various playback options such as transpose).

• edited October 2018

@Samu said:
    @jimpavloff Regarding the upcoming song-mode...

Korg Electribe Wave supports 'transpose' for the whole pattern(for all melodic parts) in song-mode.
    GR-16 could improve on that concept by allowing per part transpose in addition to the per part mute.

This would increase the re-usability of patterns where just a few parts need transpose (for example bass part) without having to create new patterns.

This option could potentially create a super flexible song-mode where each of the sources for the 16 parts could be freely picked from any of the existing patterns. (Ie. part 1 uses part x from pattern y transposed by z, part 2 uses part x from yet another pattern etc.). The master effects could be taken from the pattern used on song part 1 or separate master-effect setting for the whole song.

This is just me 'brain storming' loud to check if it makes sense...
    (The core idea is from old-school trackers where a 'pattern' was just one voice and the song mode collected the needed patterns for playback and played them back with various playback options such as transpose).

Yes.. that will be sweet..

Edit.. ‘Sound Packs’?

• @sdesign said:

@Jumpercollins said:

No problem here. In Cubasis you need to add an audio track, then under routing, select IAA to see it. If it’s not showing in BM3, maybe rebuilding the database will help.

• @wim said:

@sdesign said:

@Jumpercollins said:

No problem here. In Cubasis you need to add an audio track, then under routing, select IAA to see it. If it’s not showing in BM3, maybe rebuilding the database will help.

Hmm, I’ve been trying to add it to a midi track!