Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• wimwim
    edited December 2020

@ExAsperis99 said:
    But you can import your samples pretty easily, right? I don't believe GR16 has slice to pads ability, although as I write that I'm sure I'm wrong?

Yep, you can import samples. B)
    Just not record samples in the app.

The word "sampler" has different meanings to different people. To me if it doesn't "sample" (i.e. record samples of sounds played into it), it's not really a sampler, but a sample player. That's just me though. As someone who doesn't sample much, I don't really care though. :D

I don't think you can slice to pads, only to notes within a pad.

• @wim said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    But you can import your samples pretty easily, right? I don't believe GR16 has slice to pads ability, although as I write that I'm sure I'm wrong?

Yep, you can import samples. B)
    Just not record samples in the app.

The word "sampler" has different meanings to different people. To me if it doesn't "sample" (i.e. record samples of sounds played into it), it's not really a sampler, but a sample player. That's just me though. As someone who doesn't sample much, I don't really care though. :D

I don't think you can slice to pads, only to notes within a pad.

I of course should have pedantically stated “drum sample player” 😂

• @wim said:
    The word "sampler" has different meanings to different people.

Then they buy the volca sample thinking it's a volca sampler :lol:

• @senhorlampada said:

@wim said:
    The word "sampler" has different meanings to different people.

Then they buy the volca sample thinking it's a volca sampler :lol:

And sell it before they find out who Pajen is...

• I guess CC out, song mode will be coming? Much to work with until .. App of the year..

• @RajahP said:
    I guess CC out, song mode will be coming? Much to work with until .. App of the year..

There is a song mode.

• @espiegel123 said:

@RajahP said:
    I guess CC out, song mode will be coming? Much to work with until .. App of the year..

There is a song mode.

According to the release notes, song mode is not in the AU at least not there currently. Only Jim would know if that’s coming.

• @yowza said:

@espiegel123 said:

@RajahP said:

There is a song mode.

According to the release notes, song mode is not in the AU at least not there currently. Only Jim would know if that’s coming.

Thanks. I hadn't noticed that isn't in the AU.

• For Songmode I did a Drambo Multiout connection to Gr-16, works great. For the right tune you need to set the notes to C3 inside the Drambo Sequenzer.

• @jimpavloff thanks for adding the multiouts. Not sure if its my error but after I multi routed (bus) several parts to AUM I then saved the Gr16 project (Write) button & AUM project. When I reload the GR16 project the Gr16 multi outs are not saved and all parts are back to Master out. I also tried Save to New and same issue. Any tips?

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff thanks for adding the multiouts. Not sure if its my error but after I multi routed (bus) several parts to AUM I then saved the Gr16 project (Write) button & AUM project. When I reload the GR16 project the Gr16 multi outs are not saved and all parts are back to Master out. I also tried Save to New and same issue. Any tips?

That's definitely a bug, which appeared at some stage, I'll find out. Meanwhile, you can use Menu->Settings->Save Bus Assignment to save assignment as default. At least it works for now

• @yowza said:

@espiegel123 said:

@RajahP said:

There is a song mode.

No, Song mode is not planned. It is safer to use Program Change for your daw projects to switch GR patterns.

• @jimpavloff said:

@yowza said:

@espiegel123 said:

@RajahP said:

There is a song mode.

No, Song mode is not planned. It is safer to use Program Change for your daw projects to switch GR patterns.

Thanks.. definitely need a video on how to do these things... for dummies like me.. Thanks for this great instrument..

• the update is in! aum keyboard and gr16 are now fixed!

• Excellent update. Still my favorite groovebox. I am still missing the option to switch instruments using the pads in trigger mode using a midi controller. Is there any way beside next / previous ? @jimpavloff

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff thanks for adding the multiouts. Not sure if its my error but after I multi routed (bus) several parts to AUM I then saved the Gr16 project (Write) button & AUM project. When I reload the GR16 project the Gr16 multi outs are not saved and all parts are back to Master out. I also tried Save to New and same issue. Any tips?

That's definitely a bug, which appeared at some stage, I'll find out. Meanwhile, you can use Menu->Settings->Save Bus Assignment to save assignment as default. At least it works for now

@jimpavloff ok cheers

• This is a great update! Would it be possible to do 16 outs? Would love to have drums and synth parts, all as separate tracks with one instance of GR16.

• @auxmux said:
    This is a great update! Would it be possible to do 16 outs? Would love to have drums and synth parts, all as separate tracks with one instance of GR16.

@auxmux +1

• @auxmux said:
    This is a great update! Would it be possible to do 16 outs? Would love to have drums and synth parts, all as separate tracks with one instance of GR16.

Yes please!

• wimwim
    edited December 2020

Sorry to be contrary but I would not like to see 16 outs cluttering up the channel sources. I’m sure 8 is more than most people will ever use, and we can always use multiple instances when that isn’t enough.

• edited December 2020

@wim said:

Sorry to be contrary but I would not like to see 16 outs cluttering up the channel sources. I’m sure 8 is more than most people will ever use, and we can always use multiple instances when that isn’t enough.

@wim well you can select just 8 so you do not see the other 8

• wimwim
    edited December 2020

@stormbeats said:

@wim said:

@wim well you can select just 8

I'm not talking about within the app. I'm talking about what shows in selectors in AUM and other hosts. Here it is with 8, double that by making 16 outs? Bleh. IMO. ;)

[edit - nvm] I this isn't related to audio outs, but midi outs.

• [edit] nvm. ^
    This seems to be unrelated to multi-outs as it shows this way with the single out version as well.

• edited December 2020

Personally, I think 2 instances running 1 for drums and another for other instruments is a more interesting set-up.. not saying that a full 16 out audio should not be.. But having a separate instances for drums, you can do ‘jumps’ without affecting the other instruments... Well, there are so many ways to go...

Edit.. yes, that jump feature is great..

• @RajahP said:
    Personally, I think 2 instances running 1 for drums and another for other instruments is a more interesting set-up.. not saying that a full 16 out audio should not be.. But having a separate instances for drums, you can do ‘jumps’ without affecting the other instruments... Well, there are so many ways to go...

Sure, but it's less CPU resources to run one instance and you don't need to switch between them. Or you can use 2, but have one with 16 out for just drums. 😁

• @auxmux said:

@RajahP said:

Sure, but it's less CPU resources to run one instance and you don't need to switch between them. Or you can use 2, but have one with 16 out for just drums. 😁

There are so many ways to go.. having 1 instance for drums.. you can switch up drums styles, etc. etc.. Yes, a full 16 audio out will be sweet also.. just saying.. 🙂

• Edit.. 16 full pads of sounds MPC/Maschine Drum format.. per instance..

• I only see my user sample library in the IAA version, in AUv3 it's empty and I can only import samples one file at a time. Is anyone else having this issue? Any advice would be appreciated, I've been dreaming of multi out Groove Rider for years

• @s2ale said:
    I only see my user sample library in the IAA version, in AUv3 it's empty and I can only import samples one file at a time. Is anyone else having this issue? Any advice would be appreciated, I've been dreaming of multi out Groove Rider for years

You can import folders. In fact, you can import the On My Device > Groove Rider folder in one go if you like. It shouldn’t take additional physical storage on your device due to the way iOS handles files.

It’s not great though because you can only import folders at the top level. You can’t drill into a folder and import from there. I’m not sure why the storage options are the way they are. I think it has to do with limits on how AUs can access files.

• @wim said:

@s2ale said:
    I only see my user sample library in the IAA version, in AUv3 it's empty and I can only import samples one file at a time. Is anyone else having this issue? Any advice would be appreciated, I've been dreaming of multi out Groove Rider for years

You can import folders. In fact, you can import the On My Device > Groove Rider folder in one go if you like. It shouldn’t take additional physical storage on your device due to the way iOS handles files.

It’s not great though because you can only import folders at the top level. You can’t drill into a folder and import from there. I’m not sure why the storage options are the way they are. I think it has to do with limits on how AUs can access files.

It should be possible to share the same data but I remember Giku from beepstreet once saying something like it's either Files support or data shared between standalone and AUv3.
    @jimpavloff What's the deal regarding this subject?