Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• PS - you can zoom in/out on the waveform by sliding your finger up and down. This is really well done. Kudos to @jimpavloff

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@skiphunt said:
    I think these questions have been answered already, but I just skimmed all 12 pages and couldn't locate the answers. So, if someone could be so kind ;)

Shift + Copy gives you a menu with Clear Part Automation as an option.

Got this, but how would you clear automation of the Touchpad?

• @skiphunt said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@skiphunt said:
    I think these questions have been answered already, but I just skimmed all 12 pages and couldn't locate the answers. So, if someone could be so kind ;)

Utils > Clear MFX Automation

• edited December 2017

@skiphunt said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@skiphunt said:

If you’ve just done it and don’t like it, use UNDO. If you want to get rid of it later, you can record over the automation holding the pad to record over it. Or as said above too lol

• @anickt : I agree completely except for the fact that the electribe 2 sampling drum machine actually sampled and didn’t just import . But it’s a minor noggle

• wimwim
    edited December 2017

Here's a fun one that's a little bit buried...

• Select a sample rather than a wave for the oscillator. (I took the default 909 Kick)
    • Hit the Enter button, select select Part
    • Scroll down to Edit Controls: and change this from Distortion to Sample
    • Change Sample Loop: to from Off to On
    • The knobs below Pitch for the Oscillator will change to Start and End. Mess with these to get an amazing range of sound possibilities.
    • You may want to engage the Amp EG to get a more musical sound. Of course all the other controls such as FX and Filter are available as well.
    • Automate Start and End if you dare. B)
  • @wim said:

• Select a sample rather than a wave for the oscillator. (I took the default 909 Kick)
      *The knobs below Pitch for the Oscillator will change to Start and End. Mess with these to get an amazing range of sound possibilities.

• You may want to engage the Amp EG to get a more musical sound. Of course all the other controls such as FX and Filter are available as well.

Good one! Got a nice bell from a kick

• @wim said:

*The knobs below Pitch for the Oscillator will change to Start and End. Mess with these to get an amazing range of sound possibilities.

That’s cool :)

• It would be cool if there was a “loop” switch that would loop the current bar.
    The ability to record a sound with an effect to a pad and then add another effect if you wish will supposedly be implemented in a future update.

• @stormbeats said:

@anickt said:

@stormbeats said:
    ok I have tried to import 16 bit stereo and mono files transfered via files app- Groove Rider failed to load them I think theres a bug here as app crashed few times too iam on ipad air2 ios11 will try on my ipad pro - anyone else with import issues

No problem on my Air 1 iOS 11. Are they wav files? Stereo files are converted to mono btw.

@anickt ok thanks yep wav files will try on my Pro - Quick question are you importing 16bit or 24bit?
    Getting same issue on my Pro -
    update - its working now its that "good old buggy files app" again :-) dragging a sample to import folder didnt work - had to copy sample then move to imports folder - still buggy though

Audioshare is starting to look real good right now, eh?

• @SMKArtist said:

@stormbeats said:

@anickt said:

@stormbeats said:
    ok I have tried to import 16 bit stereo and mono files transfered via files app- Groove Rider failed to load them I think theres a bug here as app crashed few times too iam on ipad air2 ios11 will try on my ipad pro - anyone else with import issues

No problem on my Air 1 iOS 11. Are they wav files? Stereo files are converted to mono btw.

@anickt ok thanks yep wav files will try on my Pro - Quick question are you importing 16bit or 24bit?
    update - its working now its that "good old buggy files app" again :-) dragging a sample to import folder didnt work - had to copy sample then move to imports folder - still buggy though

Haven’t had any problem with Files app on my Air 1 with iOS 11. I can access AudioShare, Dropbox, and any other samples I have on my device. There appears to be a bug which the dev has mentioned will be fixed in next update but I haven’t seen it.

• edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • anyone know of any videos of the sample slicer ?

• @SMKArtist said:

@stormbeats said:

@anickt said:

@stormbeats said:

@SMKArtist agreed - saying that though I'am getting import sample issues due to the app itself which @jimpavloff is aware of - i.e trying to import samples with same bit rate and stereo or mono some show up in the app others i get a "not found" message.Frustrating but the dev said he's aware of the bug and being fixed for next update

• Thanks to all those in this thread who helped me crack this nut, as well as the cool hidden ideas and such. Much appreciated. :)

Now, on to Egoist! lol

• This is the longest I have played with any app without feeling the need to get Turnado and friends involved :p

• Been messing with GR -16 for a few..
    I guess it tries to simulate hardware.. > @SMKArtist said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff @samu and anyone - I don't think the manual explains the important part - how to SAVE a project - I might be wrong but if anyone knows?
    Thanks in advance

@stormbeats Hit the write button saves your project. To name it hold shift Write. Then you have to hit write again to save the name you used. It's an Electribe carry over. Which reminds me...

@jimpavloff , Hey, in your next update or two, can you set write to simply open up both the option to save and save the name as well in just one step? This two step process is a bit cumbersome. Thanks!

I do get the love for the hardware Electribe 2 and stuff... and simulating it on the IPad... But the iPad can go deeper than hardware as demonstrated with GarageBand’s Beat Sequencer.. Those Pads can become ‘Cells’ with stuff like ‘touch’ velocity, key notes, length, probability, etc... will love to see some of GB BS features in this great app..

https://youtu.be/cihMVqMyijc

• @RajahP said:
    Been messing with GR -16 for a few..

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff @samu and anyone - I don't think the manual explains the important part - how to SAVE a project - I might be wrong but if anyone knows?
    Thanks in advance

@stormbeats Hit the write button saves your project. To name it hold shift Write. Then you have to hit write again to save the name you used. It's an Electribe carry over. Which reminds me...

@jimpavloff , Hey, in your next update or two, can you set write to simply open up both the option to save and save the name as well in just one step? This two step process is a bit cumbersome. Thanks!

I do get the love for the hardware Electribe 2 and stuff... and simulating it on the IPad... But the iPad can go deeper than hardware as demonstrated with GarageBand’s Beat Sequencer.. Those Pads can become ‘Cells’ with stuff like ‘touch’ velocity, key notes, length, probability, etc... will love to see some of GB BS features in this great app..

I think keeping the app true to its Electribe inspiration is a good idea. I think creating a new app that goes beyond the Electribe 2 inspiration would also be nice to have.

• @RJB said:

@db909 said:
    Just discovered the arpeggiator with its different modes makes for a great way to record percussion

One thing about the arpeggiator is hanging me up. I’ve got a snare as a sound and it plays correctly if I enter it in as steps. But when I use the arpeggiator it sounds effected even though I don’t have any effects, modulation, or anything else in the chain. How do I just get a clean arpeggiator working the snare?

Uninstalling and then reinstalling the app has cured this problem. Very strange where the Arpeggiator was generating it’s own affect on top of the sound, usually just a distorted mess.

• @InfoCheck said:

@RajahP said:
    Been messing with GR -16 for a few..

@stormbeats said:
    Thanks in advance

I think keeping the app true to its Electribe inspiration is a good idea. I think creating a new app that goes beyond the Electribe 2 inspiration would also be nice to have.

I guess, but the interest GR-16 has generated, I am sure we will see many more ‘simulation’ coming down the creek..

Looking forward to it..

• This app has makes me so incredibly happy. I’m head over heels. I knew I was going to buy it no matter what because well... I’m hopeless when it comes to shiny new things. But I never thought I’d love it this much. I’ve spent the last few days sneaking away from family just to get 5-10 min in. I keep digging and striking gold left and right.

I always hit a bit of a wall producing on iOS because I always feels somewhat incapacitated without a keyboard. This is the first app where I don’t miss it. I love using the pads. I love sculpting the waveforms. I find myself getting lost without thinking about the end result. I’m just having fun. What an unbelievable thing. I’ve never owned an electribe... but this app is somehow pretty easy to get around for me minus a few odd shortcuts. But damn... this is pure joy. Thank you @jimpavloff, I never knew I needed this.

• edited December 2017

@jimpavloff - and anyone on here - is there a GLOBAL or PATTERN FULL VELOCITY for all pads option (like there is for PATTERN SWING - so far it seems you have to set velocity for each pad?
    Also is there a QUANTIZE OFF setting?
    To add - I'am still getting sample import issues - some samples import others get a "not found" message even though the bit rates /mono/stereo are the exact same - I've tried renaming files leaving out any characters like (-) (*) etc..still not working -
    And ..an option to scroll through main menu screen to see all parameter values i.e SWING/ INSERT EFFECTS value/amount - INSERT EFFECTS (IFX) is displayed for each pad which is great but value number would be very cool.

• edited December 2017

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff - and anyone on here - is there a GLOBAL or PATTERN FULL VELOCITY for all pads option (like there is for PATTERN SWING - so far it seems you have to set velocity for each pad?
    To add - I'am still getting sample import issues - some samples import others get a "not found" message even though the bit rates /mono/stereo are the exact same - I've tried renaming files leaving out any characters like (-) (*) etc..still not working -

I don't think there is a global default velocity on this.

There is a Rec Quantize in Settings to not quantize on recording. You can also go into edit mode and adjust the Time Shift of a note to change it's position in time to have it start just before or after the beat, for instance.

There is an update coming for the sample import issue.

• @Telengard said:

@stormbeats said:

I don't think there is a global default velocity on this.

There is a Rec Quantize in Settings to not quantize on recording. You can also go into edit mode and adjust the Time Shift of a note to change it's position in time to have it start just before or after the beat, for instance.

There is an update coming for the sample import issue.

@Telengard ok thanks for info

• I'm late at the party, I know :) But the more enthusiastic I am. As an old Electribe veteran I waited a long time for this app. Nevertheless, I would like to make some suggestions for improvement:

1) Having only 64 steps is the biggest limitation of the two new Electribes. It's a pity that this limitation was not resolved in the app. 128 steps would be perfect.
    2) A comfortable song mode would be great.
    3) A crossfade option for sustain loops would also be great.

However, even without these features I am still thrilled by the app. Thank you so much!

• edited December 2017

@klangsulfat said:
    I'm late at the party, I know :) But the more enthusiastic I am. As an old Electribe veteran I waited a long time for this app. Nevertheless, I would like to make some suggestions for improvement:

1) Having only 64 steps is the biggest limitation of the two new Electribes. It's a pity that this limitation was not resolved in the app. 128 steps would be perfect.
    2) A comfortable song mode would be great.
    3) A crossfade option for sustain loops would also be great.

However, even without these features I am still thrilled by the app. Thank you so much!

Yeah, I'm also late to the party, and, have spend a lot of time with Groove Rider between the christmas parties we've got...

Although Beatmaker 3 is my no1 app of 2017, Groove Rider come close as runner up!

Have we gotten an Electribe 2 worth $330 for only $10?
    MR PAVLOFF, WE ARE IMPRESSED!

• Feature suggestion. Tap this area to set play position. Hold and move finger to scrub playback.

• edited December 2017

@Mark B said:
    Feature suggestion. Tap this area to set play position. Hold and move finger to scrub playback.

Hmm. One can already tap anywhere on the grid to select the step to edit?!
    Sure it's not a 'tap-n-drag to scrub' type of selection but more of a 'tap to select a step'.
    (The trigger pads can be used to 'scrub' and select a step).

• @Mark B said:
    Feature suggestion. Tap this area to set play position. Hold and move finger to scrub playback.

Actually you set play position currently by tapping the notes area above, already. But scrubbing could be a good feature to add here.