Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• @Samu said:

@Mark B said:
    Feature suggestion. Tap this area to set play position. Hold and move finger to scrub playback.

Hmm. One can already tap anywhere on the grid to select the step to edit?!
    Sure it's not a 'tap-n-drag to scrub' type of selection but more of a 'tap to select a step'.

The idea is for setting the current playing position. Currently if you have 4 bars and are editing the last bar you have to wait for it to loop all bars before you hear your changes.

• Yeah, really liking the app the more I play round with it. Agree about wanting more steps and longer samples etc.
    But it’s definitely a great app and very immersive which is the key. :)

• Strange, my last post was, at first, not showing up and now has appeared in the wrong place in the thread. :/
    Anyway, I couldn’t sleep and so got a few fun hours with Groove Rider last night. I really enjoy this app. My first official feature request is the ability to load stereo samples.

• Cool idea. Looping of individual bars would be handy too.

@Mark B said:

@Samu said:

@Mark B said:
    Feature suggestion. Tap this area to set play position. Hold and move finger to scrub playback.

Sure it's not a 'tap-n-drag to scrub' type of selection but more of a 'tap to select a step'.

The idea is for setting the current playing position. Currently if you have 4 bars and are editing the last bar you have to wait for it to loop all bars before you hear your changes.

• edited December 2017

@jimpavloff said:

@Mark B said:

Actually you set play position currently by tapping the notes area above, already. But scrubbing could be a good feature to add here.

I’m not able to get this to work :/ Is this in the currently released version?

• @yaknepper said:
    Cool idea. Looping of individual bars would be handy too.

@Mark B said:

@Samu said:

@Mark B said:

I’d like to see a looping mode like on my ESX-1. Just a small button next to the bar indicators, choose the bar, tap the button now that bar loops.

• @Mark B said:

@jimpavloff said:

@Mark B said:

Actually you set play position currently by tapping the notes area above, already. But scrubbing could be a good feature to add here.

I can’t get this to work, either.

• @pfrf said:

@Mark B said:

@jimpavloff said:

@Mark B said:

• @Samu said:

@pfrf said:

@Mark B said:

@jimpavloff said:

@Mark B said:

Haha. What am I missing? What is the expected behavior?
    Tapping lets me hear the sample but, after tapping, pushing play starts the pattern from the beginning.
    I know it’s user error, thanks for the help.

• @jimpavlov
    You mentioned a possible “resample to pad” feature in the future. Since panning can be automated, does that mean resampled pads will be stereo? Will stereo import be available then?

• @pfrf said:
    @jimpavlov
    You mentioned a possible “resample to pad” feature in the future. Since panning can be automated, does that mean resampled pads will be stereo? Will stereo import be available then?

@pfrf - the resample to pad is for sure needed as 16 pads is quite limited - I spoke with @jimpavlov he said its a feature he is seriousy thinking about in the future
    With regards to stereo import he informed me theres quite a few bugs being sorted with sample import in general for the next update - I been having loads of importing issues -

• edited December 2017

@jimpavloff - Been going deep in the app - I'am patient about updates and current bugs - the resampling for sure needed and and 2 insert effects per pad would mean I could do everything in Grooverider making this my top go to app. And Auv3 effects and sample via inter app ?

• edited December 2017

did the electribes have it where if you keep playing over a loop you could have the new notes replace the previously recorded ones only when they are on the same steps? Cause that would be freakin awesome here

• While I do love the 'simplicity' of the synthesis engine in GR-16 I would love to see an additional modulation slot per part. For example modulate one of the wave/sample parameters with EQ UP/Down & LFO to Pitch...

GR-16 can do 'Chip-Music' too ;)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/d9dbw413h7kbj9f/Chiptune.pattern.gr16?dl=0
    (Dump the file in the 'Imports' folder, select an 'empty' pattern & Menu->Utils->Import Pattern and 'enjoy').

• Opened a project saved from earlier and now the sample shows ‘not found’ and crashes, seems after the not found bug appears it’s hard to reclaim slot, only way I’ve found is to copy part to another slot and reimport the sample.

• edited December 2017

@Carnbot said:
    Opened a project saved from earlier and now the sample shows ‘not found’ and crashes, seems after the not found bug appears it’s hard to reclaim slot, only way I’ve found is to copy part to another slot and reimport the sample.

@Carnbot yep had to do the same thing - that "not found" is very annoying - bit of a let down considering its meant to be a sample driven app

• edited December 2017

@Samu said:

@pfrf said:

@Mark B said:

@jimpavloff said:

@Mark B said:

Tapping allows me to edit the tapped step, but the feature was described in this thread as tap to set play position and tap to set the playhead. I’m guessing there is confusion here? Tapping doesn’t set the play position as far as I can tell. I’m still assuming user error, though. Anybody worked it out?

• @stormbeats said:

@Carnbot said:
    Opened a project saved from earlier and now the sample shows ‘not found’ and crashes, seems after the not found bug appears it’s hard to reclaim slot, only way I’ve found is to copy part to another slot and reimport the sample.

@Carnbot yep had to do the same thing - that "not found" is very annoying - bit of a let down considering its meant to be a sample driven app

Think I’m going to have to put it down until this is fixed as I’m seeing it too much as I’m using only my own samples. I’m hoping stereo tracks and sample to pads might be a a possibility as well sometime in the future.

• I don’t think it works. I just tapped all over that damn thing and nothing. Most painless workflow anyway is to simply set the pattern length at 2 or 4 bars and record everything live. Automation and everything. That little step editor is nice to have I suppose, but utterly wonky. If you wanna pitch your percussion just throw it into keys mode. If you want stepped automation, you can change it to stepped from smooth in the part menu and you’ll hear it be steppy. What would make far more sense is a simple loop current bar button. It’d be incredibly easy to just hit shift and then select the bar you want, loop it and go.

• @Carnbot said:

@stormbeats said:

@Carnbot said:

Think I’m going to have to put it down until this is fixed as I’m seeing it too much as I’m using only my own samples. I’m hoping stereo tracks and sample to pads might be a a possibility as well sometime in the future.

i have done the same - had to leave it -

• @stormbeats said:

@Carnbot said:

@stormbeats said:

@Carnbot said:

Dev said sample issues would be fixed in next update I believe. Also sample to pads is coming as well. I had the sample issue with one pattern but nothing since then. Not sure what happened.

• @jimpavloff

Amazing work! Well worth the cost of admission, especially being a universal app.

I am adding my vote for AudioShare support. I have GR-16 running on all of my iOS 11 devices, but also on an iPad 3 (iOS 9), so no Files app there. AudioShare is universal as well - makes sense to support it natively IMHO.

Alternatively, DropBox support would work too - anything other than a requirement to tether the iPad to the Mac and launch iTunes works.

Again, nice work. This is one of those “just 10 more minutes...” at 2:00 AM apps. True story.

• @anickt said:

@stormbeats said:

@Carnbot said:

@stormbeats said:

@Carnbot said:

Dev said sample issues would be fixed in next update I believe. Also sample to pads is coming as well. I had the sample issue with one pattern but nothing since then. Not sure what happened.

hope so. cheers for info

• just logging in to say that this app is very very fun. it's what iElectribe should have been. That app is very "unfun." This app has its quirks, but once you sort them out, it's smooth sailing.

Lots of export options (patterns, chains, etc.); internal resampling (including pads and patterns); Audioshare (for many of the reasons already articulated); and MIDI CC in would make this a five star app.

Also, please consider subdividing the user pattern bank (perhaps multiple banks of 16-32 patterns per bank?). Having to scroll through a list 256 items long is terrible from a UI perspective.

• edited December 2017

@stormbeats said:

@Carnbot said:

I use mine like I use my electribe2. I like synths better, more of a synth head. I think it is much more like the synth version of the electribe right now with parts of the sampler version partially implemented.

Not a 100% sample driven app at all.

Needless to say, can't wait until he gets the rest sorted out for the sampler heads.

• @pfrf said:
    @jimpavlov

GR-16 engine internally uses only mono 16-bit samples for each Part. Resample to pad feature would convert stereo output to mono and assign it to a Part.

• @jimpavloff said:

@pfrf said:
    @jimpavlov

GR-16 engine internally uses only mono 16-bit samples for each Part. Resample to pad feature would convert stereo output to mono and assign it to a Part.

Thanks for the information.

• edited December 2017

@jimpavloff said:

@pfrf said:
    @jimpavlov

I’m cool with that. I think I’d almost rather resample the shit out of the app itself instead of importing stuff from elsewhere but that’s just me I like to keep it all in one place if possible

• @db909 said:
    did the electribes have it where if you keep playing over a loop you could have the new notes replace the previously recorded ones only when they are on the same steps? Cause that would be freakin awesome here

Hi- Prepare to be overwhelmed in a freakish manner............. pause to build up suspense.............. It does happen here! Try it again - switch off poly mode and you're good to go. Yes it's true!- the previously recorded note goes- and the new one takes its place- just like iKaossilator or figure. Happy days B)