Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• Sample import is working (if you have iOS 11) in files app

• @Littlewoodg said:
    Sample import is working (if you have iOS 11) in files app

Not consistently according to several earlier posts.

• @wim said:
    ~~~~> @ExAsperis99 said:

Not sure how to copy a 1-Bar pattern to make a longer pattern.

Just like the iELECTRIBE really. Press the Enter button to get to the menu, select pattern, and increase the pattern length. What you have gets copied into the other bars just like with the iELECTRIBE. (Oops - that’s with my real ES-1, not iELECTRIBE)

Second, the arp that everyone adores is plodding and dull to me. Definitely user error. What am I missing?

Try setting it so that just the ARP and HOLD buttons are lit above the x-y pad. Then go to KEYS mode and with your left hand play pads while moving your finger around the x-y pad to mess with the speed and timing. At least that’s when I began to get it. It’s not like any arp I’ve messed with before, but some cool stuff got laid down when I did the above.

Oh! Three things: Sample import leaves to empty folders.

Sample import is bunged. The developer is working on it. Best to avoid sample import altogether for now.

Thanks a lot. This is the app I wanted ElasticDrums to be, but I could never overcome its idiosyncratic soundset.

• @wim said:
    ~~~~> @ExAsperis99 said:

Just like the iELECTRIBE really. Press the Enter button to get to the menu, select pattern, and increase the pattern length. What you have gets copied into the other bars just like with the iELECTRIBE. (Oops - that’s with my real ES-1, not iELECTRIBE)

Second, the arp that everyone adores is plodding and dull to me. Definitely user error. What am I missing?

Try setting it so that just the ARP and HOLD buttons are lit above the x-y pad. Then go to KEYS mode and with your left hand play pads while moving your finger around the x-y pad to mess with the speed and timing. At least that’s when I began to get it. It’s not like any arp I’ve messed with before, but some cool stuff got laid down when I did the above.

Sample import is bunged. The developer is working on it. Best to avoid sample import altogether for now.

wim can you record this x/y arp tweaking into the sequencer?

• @wim said:

Just to make things clearer, HOLD button applies to the MFX touchpad mode only, and not ARP / SCALE.

• edited December 2017

edit: @wim Thanks for the answer!

• @kobamoto said:

@wim said:
    ~~~~> @ExAsperis99 said:

wim can you record this x/y arp tweaking into the sequencer?

Yep.

• edited December 2017

@wim said:

@Littlewoodg said:

That sucks (thought it was just a problem when importing via iTunes)

• wimwim
    edited December 2017

@pfrf said:
    Can I copy a bar from one pattern into another? Say, from bar 1 of pattern 1 to bar 3 of pattern 2?

Yes. Hit the COPY button while in the bar you want to copy from. The button will light up. Navigate to the pattern / bar you want to paste into and hit the COPY button again. A menu will pop up asking what you want to paste. One of the options is to paste 1 bar.

Be sure to write the pattern you’re on first though or you’ll lose any changes you’ve made when you navigate away from the pattern.

• wimwim
    edited December 2017

@Littlewoodg said:

@wim said:

@Littlewoodg said:

Doesn’t sound like it’ll be long before it’s fixed. (Or maybe you’re right and I’ve read those posts wrong and it is only from iTunes import.)

• @wim said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@wim said:

@Littlewoodg said:

Doesn’t sound like it’ll be long before it’s fixed. (Or maybe you’re right and I’ve read those posts wrong and it is only from iTunes import.)

iTunes & Files.app have import bugs

• edited December 2017

@jimpavloff In a near update - can you add an option to slice samples to 4 and 8 slices or an option to slice between 1 to 16 chops.
    The current fixed 16 slice option doesn't leave any pad space to experiment with. 16 option will work better if an added 16 pads in a second bank or resample to pad option is added,

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff In a near update - can you add an option to slice samples to 4 and 8 slices or an option to slice between 1 to 16 chops.
    The current fixed 16 slice option doesn't leave any pad space to experiment with. 16 option will work better if an added 16 pads in a second bank or resample to pad option is added,

You can edit these 16 slices as you want to. The upcoming update (that I've already uploaded, but waiting Apple to review it) will have a fix to a bug, which currently does not saves the edited slices into a pattern.

• @stormbeats said:

The slices are held within one pad. Record into the pattern with the slices button selected and you still have the other 15 pads free for other sounds.

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

You can edit these 16 slices as you want to. The upcoming update (that I've already uploaded, but waiting Apple to review it) will have a fix to a bug, which currently does not saves the edited slices into a pattern.

Thanks @jimpavloff ! Curious that I only saw the missing sample bug in one pattern and not seeing any bugs since then. iPad Air 1 with iOS 11.2.1

Great job with this app!

• Tip: make sure you try holding shift while adjusting knobs for fine tuning. Seems like that’s where the sweet spots are

• edited December 2017

@SMKArtist said:

@RajahP said:
    Been messing with GR -16 for a few..
    I guess it tries to simulate hardware.. > @SMKArtist said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff @samu and anyone - I don't think the manual explains the important part - how to SAVE a project - I might be wrong but if anyone knows?
    Thanks in advance

@stormbeats Hit the write button saves your project. To name it hold shift Write. Then you have to hit write again to save the name you used. It's an Electribe carry over. Which reminds me...

@jimpavloff , Hey, in your next update or two, can you set write to simply open up both the option to save and save the name as well in just one step? This two step process is a bit cumbersome. Thanks!

I do get the love for the hardware Electribe 2 and stuff... and simulating it on the IPad... But the iPad can go deeper than hardware as demonstrated with GarageBand’s Beat Sequencer.. Those Pads can become ‘Cells’ with stuff like ‘touch’ velocity, key notes, length, probability, etc... will love to see some of GB BS features in this great app..

https://youtu.be/cihMVqMyijc

@RajahP I get your point, but I'm not loading that Godzilla collection of run away "bloat code" on my iPad, hell no! GR-16 produces so much in an anorexic sized package of less than 60 MB. Talk about clean coding.

Don’t think it will bloat to add key notes into the pads, velocity, ties etc.. I think it’s hell trying to edit notes (The arp and keys) with that jog wheel, it’s a hardware thing, it slows down the process. The iPad is touch and go, simple.. Maybe you need to fire up GB’s Beat sequencer to see where I am going..
    Love this app dearly.. and can’t wait for midi and stem export..

• wimwim
    edited December 2017

@RajahP said:
    Don’t think it will bloat to add key notes into the pads, velocity, ties etc.. I think it’s hell trying to edit notes (The arp and keys) with that jog wheel, it’s a hardware thing, it slows down the process. The iPad is touch and go, simple.. Maybe you need to fire up GB’s Beat sequencer to see where I am going..

I'm confused by this. You don't have to edit notes using the jog wheel. You just engage the KEYS button, touch the step you want to edit in the area at the top right, then toggle notes on and off using the pads.

Sure, you have to adjust the other parameters such as velocity using the jog wheel, but I actually like this. In most piano rolls I'm forever deleting notes when I want to lengthen them, not being able to adjust the parameters accurately like I want, etc. I agree that if you had to edit the actual notes using the jog wheel it would be a pain, but you don't, and the rest I like.

• I am puzzled by the Groove setting in the Part menu, specifically the various choices of Grooves. What does this do to the rhythm and how do I use it to affect a part?

• @RJB said:
    I am puzzled by the Groove setting in the Part menu, specifically the various choices of Grooves. What does this do to the rhythm and how do I use it to affect a part?

It is usual midi groove templates. Select a groove type for the part, and add groove->time and groove->vel values. Try to do it with the part will all 16 steps are filled with notes, to listen the effect.

• @wim said:

@RajahP said:

I'm confused by this. You don't have to edit notes using the jog wheel. You just engage the KEYS button, touch the step you want to edit in the area at the top right, then toggle notes on and off using the pads.

Sure, you have to adjust the other parameters such as velocity using the jog wheel, but I actually like this. In most piano rolls I'm forever deleting notes when I want to lengthen them, not being able to adjust the parameters accurately like I want, etc. I agree that if you had to edit the actual notes using the jog wheel it would be a pain, but you don't, and the rest I like.

• @Mark B said:

@stormbeats said:

The slices are held within one pad. Record into the pattern with the slices button selected and you still have the other 15 pads free for other sounds.

ok cool thanks a lot for the tip dude

• @jimpavloff - or anyone - how do i delete a pattern and the sounds in the pattern at once -
    Grooverider is very addictive - top app

• wimwim
    edited December 2017

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff - or anyone - how do i delete a pattern and the sounds in the pattern at once -
    Grooverider is very addictive - top app

Do you mean delete imported samples that you used in the pattern? If so then I don't think there's any way to do that.

Or just delete everything back to the default state for that pattern? Then hit shift-COPY (CLEAR) and select Init Pattern from the popup. Hit WRITE to finalize.

• To avoid the trouble with editing notes per step, you can record everything live and then there’s an option in the menu to randomize velocity that works very well

• @jimpavloff said:

It is usual midi groove templates. Select a groove type for the part, and add groove->time and groove->vel values. Try to do it with the part will all 16 steps are filled with notes, to listen the effect.

I get it now, thanks Jim. Amazing app with lots of depth, great work!

• @Mark B said:

@stormbeats said:

@Mark B - does this mean the slices become merged into a loop to a pad - bit confused

• edited December 2017

@stormbeats said:

@Mark B said:

@stormbeats said:

@Mark B - does this mean the slices become merged into a loop to a pad - bit confused

ok i think i know what u mean - select the slice I want out of the 16 slices with slice button and then trigger with the pad ?

• @stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@Mark B said:

@stormbeats said:

ok i think i know what u mean - select the slice I want out of the 16 slices with slice button and then trigger with the pad ?if so wont it afffect the next slice if on same pad?

• @stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@Mark B said:

@stormbeats said:

ok i think i know what u mean - select the slice I want out of the 16 slices with slice button and then trigger with the pad ?if so wont it afffect the next slice if on same pad?

I will experiment - thanks in advance