Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• @Iostress said:

@wim said:

@Iostress said:
    Wasn't intending to be confrontational. Just got greeted with some weird super defensive/condescending responses to my first posts here. Like this app is beyond criticism or improvement or something... A lot of people criticise the hardware electribes a fair bit so...

I guess my main disappointment/issue was it advertising '32 effects'....That's not really true compared to other hardware or other apps' definition of what a separate effect type is. Would be cool if dev can open up the effects for deeper dialling...

And my other requests were pretty solid too imho...

Guess we'll see how far the dev wants to refine it or just settle as is...

@Iostress - hope I don’t piss you off saying this, but I had a tough time wading through all the snark in your OP. You had great points, but weakened it with all the sarcasm. Unfortunately we all tend to take the bait - thus the backlash. Respect for taking the time to send such specific feedback though.

That said, I can’t help feeling that you’re looking for more out of this than the target audience is. Reading your description, I honestly don’t think I’d be attracted to that product, at least not in light of all the rest I have available. If I want something deep like you describe I’m gonna pull out Gadget, BM3 or something.

If I just want to jam or maybe perform on something GR scratches that itch. I hope it gets a few refinements here and there, but essentially, I hope @jimpavloff keeps this true to its spirit and current form without a lot of feature bloat. It isn’t going to be for everyone, but it sure is for me..
    @ErrkaPetti said:

@Iostress said:
    Wasn't intending to be confrontational. Just got greeted with some weird super defensive/condescending responses to my first posts here. Like this app is beyond criticism or improvement or something... A lot of people criticise the hardware electribes a fair bit so...

I guess my main disappointment/issue was it advertising '32 effects'....That's not really true compared to other hardware or other apps' definition of what a separate effect type is. Would be cool if dev can open up the effects for deeper dialling...

And my other requests were pretty solid too imho...

Guess we'll see how far the dev wants to refine it or just settle as is...

But, your tone and enormous list of complains is making a lot of us others lovers sad...

The developer of Groove Rider GR-16 has made an incredible work with this app, and, you complain just like you just have paid $200 for this instead of just ten bucks...

This is iOS, not yet 100% perfect, but, in the near future when apps is in $200 pricetag, come back and complain and wining like a spolied child...

WTF? 'spoiled child'. For real? No need to cast that kind of judgement dude. You don't know me.

You have confused 'suggestions for improvement' with whining entitlement.

You are aware that there's a whole world outside of iPad yeah? Organelle patches for example are FREE. Devs work hard on them nonetheless. And people still make suggestions for improvement and everyone's cool with it. Without the weird over-protective nonsense this thread is littered with. Someone recently mimic'd a bunch of pedals for organelle which would have cost £1000+ in hardware... For free. And still accepted suggestions and feedback... And don't get me started on VCV rack in terms of being the opposite of free/cheap = be content and shut up. People are brainstorming to develop it as far as possible.

Finding flaws and striving for improvement is how things advance....nothing wrong with that as long as it's done with consideration and optimism.

...still think this Iostress is a troll...

He/she have a new acount made today, make a huge post about how disabled Groove Rider GR-16 is, and, have an arrogant (sometimes) tones between the lines...

He/she says he/she is a touring artist/musician that have all the rights to have 100 demands/improve suggestion to mr Pavloff...

And, after a few hours has made more than 20 replies and already change her/his avatar...

Groove Rider GR-16 is an replica to Korg Electribe 2, and, with that, has the same limitations... Just accept that...

• wimwim
    edited December 2017

@Iostress said:
    Can't check atm but is it possible to name/save/browse sound patches in GR16? Like sample/synth + fx/lfo/filter settings etc? Or only possible to save raw samples/oscs?

As a workaround, you can name parts, and you can copy/ paste part sounds between patterns. So, you could set aside one or more patterns in which to stash the equivalent of presets.

I’ll be looking forward to preset saving, but think this’ll hold me for now.

• wimwim
    edited December 2017

@ErrkaPetti said:

Uh. Then why on earth would you continue to feed it? (Shakes head in bewilderment)

• @wim said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

Uh. Then why on earth would you continue to feed it? (Shakes head in bewilderment)

Ok... You're right... Friday today - a typical day for not feeding the t....

• wimwim
    edited December 2017

Last I checked it was Saturday! B)

Maybe you just need some rest. ;)

• @wim asked about this earlier in the thread, but confused... after I load my sample from the User folder, hit slice and edit each of the 16 pads the way I want... is there a way that I can then sequence each slice like a regular instrument? Before the update I think all you could do was play/record your edited slices while in slice mode, but after you leave slice mode the sample is back to pre-edit. Someone said hit the slice button again, but doesn't that just back you out to the un-edited unsliced sample?

• @wim said:

...or, it just went saturday here in Sweden...
    And, you’re right, we sll need some rest after this long weekend with a lot of noises from our beloved iOS devices...

• @Munibeast said:

@anickt said:
    Read the manual folks...

http://www.jimaudio.pro/grooverider

RTMF
    or wasn't it RTFM?

It's traditionally the latter but I'm going to try the other way to help alleviate the stress of trying to wade through a thread that has degenerated into dross. ;)

The update looks impressive work, still on the fence but a responsive dev following through on promises helps the decision making process when armed with an iTunes card on New Years Eve ...

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@wim said:

And, you’re right, we sll need some rest after this long weekend with a lot of noises from our beloved iOS devices...

Uh no? It’s Sunday in Sweden. You’re going to miss New Years completely at this rate.

• @skiphunt said:
    @wim asked about this earlier in the thread, but confused... after I load my sample from the User folder, hit slice and edit each of the 16 pads the way I want... is there a way that I can then sequence each slice like a regular instrument? Before the update I think all you could do was play/record your edited slices while in slice mode, but after you leave slice mode the sample is back to pre-edit. Someone said hit the slice button again, but doesn't that just back you out to the un-edited unsliced sample?

I dunno. I’m stumped on this one. I can’t say whether or how it worked before, but I equally can’t figure how it works now if at all.

Not fond of the slicer in general on this. (Or on the Electribes for that matter)

• @wim said:

@skiphunt said:
    @wim asked about this earlier in the thread, but confused... after I load my sample from the User folder, hit slice and edit each of the 16 pads the way I want... is there a way that I can then sequence each slice like a regular instrument? Before the update I think all you could do was play/record your edited slices while in slice mode, but after you leave slice mode the sample is back to pre-edit. Someone said hit the slice button again, but doesn't that just back you out to the un-edited unsliced sample?

I dunno. I’m stumped on this one. I can’t say whether or how it worked before, but I equally can’t figure how it works now if at all.

Not fond of the slicer in general on this. (Or on the Electribes for that matter)

Ok. Thanks for looking

• @wim said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@wim said:

Uh no? It’s Sunday in Sweden. You’re going to miss New Years completely at this rate.

WTF? I have been on vacation for tooooo long.... ;-))
    Time to lay down the teddybear iPad Pro and get some rest...

• @skiphunt said:

@wim said:

@skiphunt said:

Ok. Thanks for looking

Oh guys, please keep me updated on this. I am really desperate for this one, since this would make the Bilbao purchase unnecessary for me. Jim said something with the step sequencer you could do this but this have to be translated into notes in order to be able to sequenced then.... anyways real late here and I need rest..... and the ability to sequence my slices :-)

• @skiphunt said:

@wim said:

@skiphunt said:

Ok. Thanks for looking

Please keep me updated on this one. I was searching for a solution for sequenced slices the half afternoon. No, manual didn’t had the answers.
    Jim said something with using the step editor, but in order to enter in the slices there every slice has to be translated into a note/chord how does this work...?

• @david_2017 said:

@skiphunt said:

@wim said:

@skiphunt said:

Ok. Thanks for looking

Please keep me updated on this one. I was searching for a solution for sequenced slices the half afternoon. No, manual didn’t had the answers.
    Jim said something with using the step editor, but in order to enter in the slices there every slice has to be translated into a note/chord how does this work...?

The only way I’ve been able to do it is go into Slice mode (Slice button lit not blinking) and record them in real time.

• @anickt said:

@david_2017 said:

@skiphunt said:

@wim said:

@skiphunt said:

Ok. Thanks for looking

The only way I’ve been able to do it is go into Slice mode (Slice button lit not blinking) and record them in real time.

Same here, but the dev made it sound like that was a bug that would be remedied in this update. But, it’s possible I misunderstood.

• @anickt said:

@david_2017 said:

@skiphunt said:

@wim said:

@skiphunt said:

Ok. Thanks for looking

Humm. Even that wasn’t working for me when I checked it out. Maybe I missed something. Eh, not interested enough in the slicer to go back to check. I’ll be lazy this time and wait to see what develops.

• I’m still confused about copy/paste. Earlier Jim said I could use it to copy one bar to another, but I can’t figure out how to get that to work. I can copy one part from one bar to another, but how do I copy the whole bar? All 16 pads (wave, notes, automation, fx) in bar 1 to all 16 pads in bar 4?

I know it’s simple, sorry...

• @pfrf said:
    I’m still confused about copy/paste. Earlier Jim said I could use it to copy one bar to another, but I can’t figure out how to get that to work. I can copy one part from one bar to another, but how do I copy the whole bar? All 16 pads (wave, notes, automation, fx) in bar 1 to all 16 pads in bar 4?

I don’t think it’s possible.

• @wim said:

@pfrf said:
    I’m still confused about copy/paste. Earlier Jim said I could use it to copy one bar to another, but I can’t figure out how to get that to work. I can copy one part from one bar to another, but how do I copy the whole bar? All 16 pads (wave, notes, automation, fx) in bar 1 to all 16 pads in bar 4?

Oh!
    If it’s not possible, that will make copying and pasting bars very time consuming.
    The great thing about copying bars is you can create transition patterns (i.e. last bar of pattern 1 and first bar of pattern 2) that overcome the problem of fx and held sounds ending abruptly when switching patterns.
    Copy/paste x 16, not ideal but still workable.

• @pfrf said:

@wim said:

@pfrf said:

Oh!
    If it’s not possible, that will make copying and pasting bars very time consuming.
    The great thing about copying bars is you can create transition patterns (i.e. last bar of pattern 1 and first bar of pattern 2) that overcome the problem of fx and held sounds ending abruptly when switching patterns.
    Copy/paste x 16, not ideal but still workable.

Agreed, that would be useful for many things. Hopefully @jimpavloff will consider it.

• @skiphunt said:

@anickt said:

@david_2017 said:

@skiphunt said:

@wim said:

@skiphunt said:

Ok. Thanks for looking

Same here, but the dev made it sound like that was a bug that would be remedied in this update. But, it’s possible I misunderstood.

I’ve been able to record sample slices live and then go in to edit them. I was able to enter other voices for the samples I had entered earlier (multiple notes for the same sample. chords, change the probability of the step playing etc. Used sequence edit, switched to keys or chords then selected a step in the bar, pressed a pad to add notes or chords then back to sequence for selecting the next bar and steps to edit.

• @InfoCheck said:

@skiphunt said:

@anickt said:

@david_2017 said:

@skiphunt said:

@wim said:

@skiphunt said:

Ok. Thanks for looking

I’ve been able to record sample slices live and then go in to edit them. I was able to enter other voices for the samples I had entered earlier (multiple notes for the same sample. chords, change the probability of the step playing etc. Used sequence edit, switched to keys or chords then selected a step in the bar, pressed a pad to add notes or chords then back to sequence for selecting the next bar and steps to edit.

Humm... OK, so I can record by being in slice mode while recording. But I don’t see how to use edit mode to change out what slice is playing on any step. I can only toggle on and off playing from the beginning of the sample in Edit/SEQ mode and toggle different pitches of the beginning of the sample in Edit/KEYS mode.

• The only limitation is that you can’t manually edit which slice plays, only the pitch - unless I’m missing something. You have to play the slices in live.

• @jimpavloff said:

@db909 said:
    Also, I dunno bout you guys, but while I certainly don’t require it, @jimpavloff you have my money for any IAP instrument and/or sample packs in the future if you ever put some together

+1. We'll see if somebody else needs it. Is there some specific music styles you would recommend?

Not specific music styles, but specifically ready to go sounds in the instrument category. For when you just want to grab a nice sound and jam instead of taking time to sample or program the synth. Perhaps more percussion sounds as well. Anything in those categories you think would sound good

• I'm going to hook up my mpd 232 and do some serious rockin with this. For the CC sliders and things that are part specific, do you set them to the channel each individual part is on?

If that's the case, this is basically excellent here since the mpd already has a built in step sequencer, knobs and sliders.

What are the channels and notes (when not in OMNI MODE) assigned to each part? I couldn't quite figure out the midi mapping for that and avoiding trial and error would be rad.

But this looks like the absolute PERFECT live performance tool. iMPC pro 2 has some advantages but the major problems are very limited midi control, and no ability to change the octaves assigned to pad banks using auv3. Still, I did have a good time with it and it worked well live.

But the limited midi control (why can't I control all elements of an akai software reproduction with an akai controller) make it a little iffy.

Being able to bust this out with sliders and knobs for each individual part, plus a built in step sequencer - I think we may be cooking with gas.

• edited December 2017

@skiphunt said:

@skiphunt @wim did you manage to work out how to sequence slices - I been out djing so not had time to experiment -
    @jimpavloff some of us confused about sequencing the 16 slices - if possible can you upload a video on here or facebook/youtube/website?
    Thanks in advance

• @jimpavloff I know I asked earlier but I'am not able to create a sub folder/s for my samples - be good to be able to do new folders and sample moving/deleting within Grooverider main screen.

• @stormbeats said:

@skiphunt said:

@skiphunt @wim did you manage to work out how to sequence slices - I been out djing so not had time to experiment -

I don’t believe you can. I think the only way to change out slices is through live recording pad hits. You can edit probability, pitch, length, velocity, etc for the slices, but I don’t think you can alter which slice plays.

• @wim said:

@stormbeats said:

@skiphunt said:

I don’t believe you can. I think the only way to change out slices is through live recording pad hits. You can edit probability, pitch, length, velocity, etc for the slices, but I don’t think you can alter which slice plays.

My thought on how this can be implemented. In the step editor panel you have 4 columns for the notes and 5 columns below for the length, velocity etc. It just needs an extra column on the first line. notes 1-4 and slice number (shown if it is a sliced sound).