Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff ok updating you - seems i can create folders and transfer files in files app which now show in GR
    I think theres a prob in naming folders i.e
    ii tried the following folder naming
    1. storm 12bit drums This didnt show in GR
    2. renamed storm 12bit drums to 12bit drums and it worked and showed in GR
    3. storm loops This worked showed in GR
    4. storm drums This worked as well showed in GR
    I will test folder dragging via itunes for any name of folder conflicts with same folder names I transfered previously in files app. If poss can you test as well
    There is a minor bug somewhere in the coding for folder naming

1) Sample folder name must be less than 14 characters.
    2) .Trash folder, which you currently see, is internal system folder of iOS. It is invisible under Files.app. And must be invisible under GR also, when I'll fix that in the update. My fault, I was willing to release a quick update, so I did not see the .Trash folder at the first sight.

@jimpavloff ok thanks for info - now I understand was driving me crazy - :-)
    is it 14 character for sample name too?

No, sample name is unlimited in length.. At least it should be)

@jimpavloff ok cool - thanks

• @stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff ok updating you - seems i can create folders and transfer files in files app which now show in GR
    I think theres a prob in naming folders i.e
    ii tried the following folder naming
    1. storm 12bit drums This didnt show in GR
    2. renamed storm 12bit drums to 12bit drums and it worked and showed in GR
    3. storm loops This worked showed in GR
    4. storm drums This worked as well showed in GR
    I will test folder dragging via itunes for any name of folder conflicts with same folder names I transfered previously in files app. If poss can you test as well
    There is a minor bug somewhere in the coding for folder naming

1) Sample folder name must be less than 14 characters.
    2) .Trash folder, which you currently see, is internal system folder of iOS. It is invisible under Files.app. And must be invisible under GR also, when I'll fix that in the update. My fault, I was willing to release a quick update, so I did not see the .Trash folder at the first sight.

@jimpavloff ok thanks for info - now I understand was driving me crazy - :-)
    is it 14 character for sample name too?

No, sample name is unlimited in length.. At least it should be)

@jimpavloff ok cool i do think i had some "sample name too long" messages in GR if possible can you check this too for character amounts allowed - thanks in advance

• edited December 2017

Happy New Mr. jimpavloff,

Thanks for such an incredible App.
    Can we have Midi out/export..... Please

Oh, and some video tutorials will be great too.

Ok y'all, I think we can send 'patterns' thru a dropbox link... Will love to hear others work..

• @jimpavloff or anyone is there a way to add choke group to sliced samples?

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff or anyone is there a way to add choke group to sliced samples?

ok worked it out POLY OFF

• edited December 2017

@jimpavloff said:

@skiphunt said:

@InfoCheck said:

@skiphunt said:

@InfoCheck said:

@Mark B said:
    The only limitation is that you can’t manually edit which slice plays, only the pitch - unless I’m missing something. You have to play the slices in live.

You can delete notes too and then overdub live what you’ve recorded already. Swapping one sliced sample for another via copy paste methods works especially if they have the same number of slices. It would be nice if @jimpavloff came up with a more straight forward way to do step editing of sliced samples. Read the revised manual which was very good.

The only issue I’ve run across is import/export of patterns and samples that were in user sub folders, when the pattern is imported, Groove Rider can’t reconnect the samples with the pattern. Manually loading the samples into the pattern restores its functionality.

I haven’t read the updated manual yet. The previous one was good after I got the hang of the interface idiosyncrasies. It sounds like you’re able to do what I’m asking about if I’m reading you correctly. Will visit the updated manual to see if I can sort it out from there. Thx

To record slices after you’ve set them up, hit the slice button after you’ve selected the pad with the original sample on it in trigger mode. Each of the 16 pads will contain a slice. If you have less than 16 slices, those pads beyond the less than 16 will each have the full sample rather than slices. To add notes with the step editor you follow the same procedure as for regular samples on a part except you can’t change which slice is playing in the step editor though you can add more voices (notes) or chords via the keys and chord buttons as it talks about in the manual.

I don’t think we’re on the same page. I’m aware of how the slicing works and that you can record them. I’m asking about something different.

First off, it’s not that important that I be able to do what I’m asking about. I was originally just asking if what I wanted to do was possible. Let me try to describe it again.

I select a sample I’ve imported. I select slice twice so that I’m editing each of the 16 slices. For simplicity in the description, let’s say I’m only interested in the first 3 slices. 1-3.

Ok, I’ve edited slice 1 to be a sliver at the beginning of the sample and pitched it up. Slice 2 is a wider slice of the middle and pitched down. Slice 3 is a sliver from the back end and also pitched higher.

Now, I’ve got 3 edited slices of my sample. I want to select sample 2, go into sequence mode, and make a sequence, not record one. Now my first sequence is playing using only my edited slice 2. Now, I want to select edited slice 3 and create another sequence as if slice 3 is an independent part. I tap out a sequence, then do the same for slice 1.

Now, I’ve got 3 sequences playing and each part is using either edited slice 1, 2, or 3 as its part. But, I want to change my sequence that’s using edited slice 2. I don’t want to overdub or re-record. I just want to change the sequence using edited slice 2 as it’s “part”.

From everything I’ve read thus far, it does not sound like this is possible at the moment. The last suggestion wim made regarding this would accomplish being able to do this, but to be clear, it’s not important that it be possible. I too am ok with the way it is now.

So, after reading this, do you still think exactly what I’m describing is currently possible? If so, I’ll take a good look at the revised manual and sort it out. If this is not possible right now, that’s ok and I won’t bother with it any more for the time being.

To clarify with Slices. If you import a sample to a Part, you can use SLICE mode to play this sample as 16 different slices. You can record them into a Part when in SLICE mode in realtime. You can use these 16 slices only on the one Part - the part where the original sample belongs.
    There's no current way of changing slice's number for recorded notes in Editor. But this is to be done in the update. Some people here mentioned the possible ways to do it. I was intending to extend the EDIT button (EDIT+SLICE mode) to be able to re-assign slice numbers to already recorded notes. I also must consider adding the 5th column next to the voices in the Editor but not sure yet about this way.

So, in short... the answer to my original query is “no, this isn’t possible at this time, but I’m working on an update that would make this possible.”

Good enough for me. Thanks :)

I kept getting replies that implied it was possible and that I simply needed to read the manual.

Full disclosure though, I’m not really your likely intended user for this. I kind of bought into the initial enthusiasm and bought it to play with something different outside of my usual wheelhouse. I’ve found it fun and with room to use it in many different ways beyound it’s intended “groove box” use.

Granted, I could just trim up my sample into individual slices in AudioShare then import each for individual use. But, it’d be cool if after a sample is imported, then sliced with each slice edited, if you could then hit a button and those edited slices were saved to be used/sequenced separately as instrument parts. Maybe, after you’ve edited your sample slices you could simply hit “write” while still in slice edit mode and all 16 edited slices would be auto-saved to a sub folder under your sample for individual use as instrument parts?

Sounds like you’ve already got some ideas of how to improve the slicing section already, so I’ll be patient and see how it evolves. Thanks for the update and taking the time to reply. I’m enjoying your app and glad I took a chance on it. :)

• I’m getting very interesting results applying Pitch <- S & H BPM modulation to my imported samples. Can’t wait for resampling!

• @pfrf said:
    I’m getting very interesting results applying Pitch <- S & H BPM modulation to my imported samples. Can’t wait for resampling!

Resampling is partially here already, do an export and import the sample back to a pad :)

• Can someone summarize this thread in 10 words or less please? Thanks.

• Didn't realise midi CC was implemented too in the last update, great job :)

• edited December 2017

@jimpavloff this app is totally excellent - iam out djing tonight much rather be indoors making beats with Grooverider :-) Auv3 effects and direct sampling next will make this the King on iOS for real.
    oh yeah and even just one stereo aux mixer channel.
    peace

• @ipadthai said:
    Can someone summarize this thread in 10 words or less please? Thanks.

yep as follows "why do you ask such a question"

• edited December 2017

@jimpavloff
    Tons of fun, thanks for the update too.

• @Littlewoodg said:
    @jimpavloff

ha...thats crazy :-)

• edited December 2017

@stormbeats said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    @jimpavloff

ha...thats crazy :-)

My summary of the thread :) (and it only took 8 words...)

• edited December 2017

@ipadthai said:

jimpavloff> here is my new app

99%of users> awesome app ! lot of fun !! would appreciate this small improvement (..description following..) but still lot of fun, great work !!!

Iostress> Here is list of trillions of features missing in app. All others overlooked that this app cannot be funny !!! Until app will not be basically complex DAW with all features of most expensive hw groove boxes (which all i own !!!) it is hardly worth even discountd price...

99%of users> go f*ck yourself

Iostress> ok,see you later

Ok, i know, it's more thsn 10 words, but hope now you have picture :)

• @dendy said:

@ipadthai said:

99%of users> awesome app ! lot of fun !! would appreciate this small improvement (..description following..) but still lot of fun, great work !!!

Iostress> Here is list of trillions of features missing in app. All others overlooked that this app cannot be funny !!! Until app will not be basically complex DAW with all features of most expensive hw groove boxes (which all i own !!!) it is hardly worth even discountd price...

:D

• @dendy said:

@ipadthai said:

Ha! 99% of users = like 7 people...Oh, my poor.. broken... heart! hahahahhaaha. I've got more people than that in our studio right now laughing at the naive idiocy in this thread! REAL WORLD.

Peace!

• I wish users here wouldn’t dogpile the rare user who dares to critique and engages in legitimate discourse about how a good app could be even better.

I’m sorry that many of you don’t seem to agree with the suggestions, but I think they’ve all been presented intelligently and many of them sound like viable possible ways this excellent app could evolve. I bet the developer isn’t actually dismissing the suggestions and is likely considering all of the suggestions in earnest.

Maybe the more direct, no holds barred approach is putting some folks off? To me, it all just sounds like someone who knows what they are talking about, purchased and likes the app, but would like to have some influence on its continued evolution.

Frankly, I think the iOS sound platform dialogue needs more informed talk like this, not less.

• @skiphunt said:
    I wish users here wouldn’t dogpile the rare user who dares to critique and engages in legitimate discourse about how a good app could be even better.

I’m sorry that many of you don’t seem to agree with the suggestions, but I think they’ve all been presented intelligently and many of them sound like viable possible ways this excellent app could evolve. I bet the developer isn’t actually dismissing the suggestions and is likely considering all of the suggestions in earnest.

Maybe the more direct, no holds barred approach is putting some folks off? To me, it all just sounds like someone who knows what they are talking about, purchased and likes the app, but would like to have some influence on its continued evolution.

Frankly, I think the iOS sound platform dialogue needs more informed talk like this, not less.

There has been lots of discussion about new features, wishlists, bugs etc. Only one person was rude about it.

• @Iostress said:

@dendy said:

@ipadthai said:

Ha! 99% of users = like 7 people...Oh, my poor.. broken... heart! hahahahhaaha. I've got more people than that in our studio right now laughing at the naive idiocy in this thread! REAL WORLD.

Peace!

Yeah, me and all my real life musician friends are all hanging out in the studio laughing at this thread that I officially abandoned a few hours ago, even though it's New Year's Eve and I've been up writing about this app for the past 10 hours, and all my real life musician friends think this thread is naively idiotic. Oh, my, the time we're having, me and my real life friends, laughing at this thread. We're in the studio and there are so many real life friends with me.

OK, joking aside: Stress, what app would you dream this is? Digitakt? Octatrack? Maschine? MPC Live?

• edited December 2017

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Iostress said:

@dendy said:

@ipadthai said:

Peace!

Yeah, me and all my real life musician friends are all hanging out in the studio laughing at this thread that I officially abandoned a few hours ago, even though it's New Year's Eve and I've been up writing about this app for the past 10 hours, and all my real life musician friends think this thread is naively idiotic. Oh, my, the time we're having, me and my real life friends, laughing at this thread. We're in the studio and there are so many real life friends with me.

OK, joking aside: Stress, what app would you dream this is? Digitakt? Octatrack? Maschine? MPC Live?

its a good way to end the new year - lostress is that dude that aint a dude that likes grooverider and doesnt like grooverider and thinks the app has wrong name and should be called grooverider haha - ..and prob thinks it should have a real mpc inside the ipad - that can bluetooth to a studer tape machine reel to reel. and believes @jimpavloff should make this happen to save the world in 2018

• @pfrf said:

@skiphunt said:
    I wish users here wouldn’t dogpile the rare user who dares to critique and engages in legitimate discourse about how a good app could be even better.

There has been lots of discussion about new features, wishlists, bugs etc. Only one person was rude about it.

I think there’s likely an online disconnect between what some interpret as “rude” and what others simply read as direct. I’ve been guilty of this myself many times. On both sides. Sometimes I misread a reply as personal and react with unnecessary defense. Other times, I’m the one simply trying to be direct and others read it as “rude” in delivery.

It’s a problem with online discourse in general. Then you toss in various cultural norms of social communication, as well as regional differences, and it’s a guaranteed recipe for disconnect.

I personally work at trying to see/read past the delivery tone, and focus solely on the core of what’s being said. I think if many here view the @Iostress suggestions through this lens instead, filter out the tone and focus on the core information, many will find much of it makes good sense, or at least deserves to be considered within the general conversation.

All of us here obviously like this app. Conversations about how it might develop into something even greater should be welcomed.

• @Iostress said:

@dendy said:

@ipadthai said:

Peace!

you've got you - peace

• Y'all gifted at talking about gear... Without talking about gear!? Too funny....

Go back and read again. All I did was drop a feature request list. No demands. No rudeness. Just ideas. Bunch of groupies started sobbing for no need and telling me to use BM3. Ridic.

@ExAsperis99 all I asked for was basic stuff. Go back and re-read it. I beta for a bunch of companies. including TE... This is the kinda list MOST devs appreciate!? This place is just skew...

Busy night. Lets all be back with beats next couple of days. Put moneys where the mouths is ;)

• anyone know where saved drafts are on here?

• @Iostress said:
    Y'all gifted at talking about gear... Without talking about gear!? Too funny....

Go back and read again. All I did was drop a feature request list. No demands. No rudeness. Just ideas. Bunch of groupies started sobbing for no need and telling me to use BM3. Ridic.

@ExAsperis99 all I asked for was basic stuff. Go back and re-read it. I beta for a bunch of companies. including TE... This is the kinda list MOST devs appreciate!? This place is just skew...

Busy night. Lets all be back with beats next couple of days. Put moneys where the mouths is ;)

@Iostress said:
    Y'all gifted at talking about gear... Without talking about gear!? Too funny....

quote "put money where the MOUTH is" nuff said -

• @stormbeats said:
    anyone know where saved drafts are on here?

If you mean drafts of composed messages then tap on your name on the top bar and they should show up under my discussions.

• @Samu said:

@stormbeats said:
    anyone know where saved drafts are on here?

If you mean drafts of composed messages then tap on your name on the top bar and they should show up under my discussions.

ok cheers