Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• Wasn’t planning to buy this app cuz I don’t like groove boxes....but hey this thread is hard to ignore so might as well buy the jawn and stay relevant :D Nice app. Maybe I’ll learn some new approaches to music.

• @jimpavloff is there not an Export Pattern and Sounds ? Meaning Pattern and Sounds saved in one file like a project or project folder?

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff is there not an Export Pattern and Sounds ? Meaning Pattern and Sounds saved in one file like a project or project folder?

If you export a pattern, you just export it to one file and you don't have to worry about what samples it uses. Same for the whole user bank.

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff is there not an Export Pattern and Sounds ? Meaning Pattern and Sounds saved in one file like a project or project folder?

When you export a pattern (under Utils) samples are included. I deleted and reinstalled GR and all of my patterns came back with samples included. Individual samples in the User folder were deleted however. That was no big deal since each pattern is self-contained. Caustic does that as well. It’s a great feature.

• @cretakano said:
    This is my favorite app in a long time, great work @jimpavloff! I’m a long time ESX user and you’ve really nailed the vibe and workflow of the hardware. Haven’t looked at the manual yet but like it much more than the ES2 I had briefly.

Found a few bugs today..

After browsing and previewing samples for a while, samples beyond a certain point in the list of folders and files won’t load, and the pads stop lighting up in keyboard mode. It will still load all the previously used samples, but have to restart the app to hear the samples further down the list.

That is definitely a bug, thanks for finding it out! Will investigate it and fix in the update.

I can’t open a list of arpeggiator patterns.. guessing when you tap Pattern 1 in the arpeggiator menu a submenu is meant to pop up like all the other options?

Arpeggiator patterns has no list. You just need to use Value Jog to scroll the available pattern numbers from 1 till 50.

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

If you export a pattern, you just export it to one file and you don't have to worry about what samples it uses. Same for the whole user bank.

@jimpavloff yes I have exported a pattern and transfered with success to another ipad all parameters etc are saved which is cool but there are no sounds/parts that I used in the pattern on the ipad i origanally created the pattern and sounds/parts on so seems you cant export a pattern with sounds/parts ?

• @jimpavloff Is there an option to export Pattern&Parts ? or just the pattern?

• @jimpavloff I'm just curious how/where an individual pattern will be imported into a bank. Would it go into the first blank pattern? Also not sure if possible but it may eliminate possible confusion if after a sample is loaded into the GR cache the original sample gets deleted. Any plans for a cached sample database? I don't care about tags so much but a search by name feature would help.

• @jimpavloff How do i transfer a completed track to another ipad ? if can only export a pattern with no sounds?

• @jimpavloff i think whats needed is an Export Pattern & Bank or less confusing Export Song then can name the 'song' and be able to transfer to another ipad and just click on the'song icon with all audio and pattern data contained -
    Peace

• edited January 2018

@Iostress said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    @jimpavloff I would assume that copying patterns doesn't copy the sample correct? This was an issue I had with IMPC Pro 1. There was no way if knowing which samples were linked and which ones were duplicated when the same imported sample was used in different banks and that was the beginning of the end for me there.

I've also got a question about pattern exporting and importing. Right now we're shy of 300 patterns? If we export out and then import back in, where do the new patterns get put and how would that affect the total number of patterns in the user bank?

@Iostress again if you want a sampler with lots of customisation you should just use BM3. GR16 does something BM3 can't do and that's the pattern building and chaining. Rather than importing everything at once just develop your patterns and import as needed. Just my suggestion.

Been using BM3 for a while, could set up some kind of template to vaguely mimic GR to some extent but it's very different. Not really understanding why people are saying the two are so interchangeable, like BM3 is a deeper version of GR-16 or something? No p-locks or probability for a start ;)

I don't want a ton of 'customisation' in GR16... I just listed some stuff that would improve it for me personally ;) In time most of the things I said will probably get requested individually by one or two other people after more people buy/use the app, I was just a little over zealous and loud about it :(

FWIW, you 'can' build/chain patterns in BM3 tho, if I understand what you mean correctly? Just make your patterns then use the timeline to chain them? Or live chain them in the patterns menu thing? So I'm not really sure what you were referring to there?

I see GR16 as a remixing tool. Of course BM3 is capable of remixing but it requires some careful thought whereas GR16 is like a jukebox of tracks that you can assemble and dismantle on the fly. I see the merit in your feature requests. BM3 might be your DAW of choice while GR16 might just be another sound generator (if/when stem export or AU is implemented), is all I'm saying. B)

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff How do i transfer a completed track to another ipad ? if can only export a pattern with no sounds?

Is a pattern you have exported to another device sounds different when you press Play button? Are there some sounds missing?

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    @jimpavloff I'm just curious how/where an individual pattern will be imported into a bank. Would it go into the first blank pattern? Also not sure if possible but it may eliminate possible confusion if after a sample is loaded into the GR cache the original sample gets deleted. Any plans for a cached sample database? I don't care about tags so much but a search by name feature would help.

There's no plans to make access to the sample cache. It is used only for internal app's routines and could cause problems, if a user would have access to this storage.

• @anickt said:

@stormbeats said:

When you export a pattern (under Utils) samples are included. I deleted and reinstalled GR and all of my patterns came back with samples included. Individual samples in the User folder were deleted however. That was no big deal since each pattern is self-contained. Caustic does that as well. It’s a great feature.

ok thanks - it didnt do this for me though - i exported a Pattern that was fine on my ipad i transfered to but had to seperately Export Patterns Bank to get the sounds/parts imported to the ipad transfered to .

• Just been watching the demo below, and would like to know if aBeS GR-Dub is a preset with this, or something made up for the demo? Kind of tricky to work it out.

https://youtu.be/NxXOVDiYHYc

• @stormbeats said:

@anickt said:

@stormbeats said:

ok thanks - it didnt do this for me though - i exported a Pattern that was fine on my ipad i transfered to but had to seperately Export Patterns Bank to get the sounds/parts imported to the ipad transfered to .

@anickt @jimpavloff i'am trying to work out how to export and transfer to another ipad a whole song - with chained patterns and sounds saved all in one folder or under one song icon - as it stands it seems has to be re done maually and seperatley - and re chained on the ipad project is transfered to -

• @jimpavloff

Do you think you might add play/pause/stop/rec to MIDI CC control?

• edited January 2018

@jimpavloff

To be honest I am looking to be able to hook up some MIDI controllers to my iPhone/iPad and be able to control some things via hardware. One way would be composing and adjusting sounds, etc. Another way would be for performing and recording takes.

Also, it is very cool to be able to hook up my keyboard and turn off quantization and get notes that fall slightly before or after a beat and being able to adjust them after the fact in the edit screen.

• . > @LucidMusicInc said:

@Iostress said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    @jimpavloff I would assume that copying patterns doesn't copy the sample correct? This was an issue I had with IMPC Pro 1. There was no way if knowing which samples were linked and which ones were duplicated when the same imported sample was used in different banks and that was the beginning of the end for me there.

I've also got a question about pattern exporting and importing. Right now we're shy of 300 patterns? If we export out and then import back in, where do the new patterns get put and how would that affect the total number of patterns in the user bank?

@Iostress again if you want a sampler with lots of customisation you should just use BM3. GR16 does something BM3 can't do and that's the pattern building and chaining. Rather than importing everything at once just develop your patterns and import as needed. Just my suggestion.

Been using BM3 for a while, could set up some kind of template to vaguely mimic GR to some extent but it's very different. Not really understanding why people are saying the two are so interchangeable, like BM3 is a deeper version of GR-16 or something? No p-locks or probability for a start ;)

I don't want a ton of 'customisation' in GR16... I just listed some stuff that would improve it for me personally ;) In time most of the things I said will probably get requested individually by one or two other people after more people buy/use the app, I was just a little over zealous and loud about it :(

FWIW, you 'can' build/chain patterns in BM3 tho, if I understand what you mean correctly? Just make your patterns then use the timeline to chain them? Or live chain them in the patterns menu thing? So I'm not really sure what you were referring to there?

I see GR16 as a remixing tool. Of course BM3 is capable of remixing but it requires some careful thought whereas GR16 is like a jukebox of tracks that you can assemble and dismantle on the fly. I see the merit in your feature requests. BM3 might be your DAW of choice while GR16 might just be another sound generator (if/when stem export or AU is implemented), is all I'm saying. B)

Oh yeh for sure! hasn't even crossed my mind to use GR-16 for daw stuff. I don't really use BM3 for that either tbh. Always desktop.. I'll use GR16 same as I use hardware grooveboxes and just mess with patterns/sound design then glue it all together with everything else ;) Always find this approach really fast/surprising. Mixing patterns/sounds from different boxes accumulated/programmed at random times and put it together in daw then track synths/guitars/vocals or whatever over the top...

• @jimpavloff said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    @jimpavloff I'm just curious how/where an individual pattern will be imported into a bank. Would it go into the first blank pattern? Also not sure if possible but it may eliminate possible confusion if after a sample is loaded into the GR cache the original sample gets deleted. Any plans for a cached sample database? I don't care about tags so much but a search by name feature would help.

There's no plans to make access to the sample cache. It is used only for internal app's routines and could cause problems, if a user would have access to this storage.

What I meant to say is all samples imported into the cache could be reaccessed under a User sample list that can be scrolled or searched and assigned to pads. I also think it's fair to the user that if the sample or "part" or "sound?" isn't needed any longer that it should be allowed to be deleted from the database and any pattern using the sample just plays nothing. For me personally it's not a huge issue as I'm happy to use the factory sounds for the first few months while I come to terms with understanding this apps architecture.

• @jimpavloff just want to say the lo pass cutoff filters are excellent and pitch too - best ive heard on ios -

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff How do i transfer a completed track to another ipad ? if can only export a pattern with no sounds?

Is a pattern you have exported to another device sounds different when you press Play button? Are there some sounds missing?

@jimpavloff all sounds missing when i selected Export Pattern- then transfered to my other ipad - the pattern played back fine with correct tempo and effects parameters - in the display says "no sound found"

• @stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff all sounds missing when i selected Export Pattern- then transfered to my other ipad - the pattern played back fine with correct tempo and effects parameters - in the display says "no sound found"

@jimpavloff will re try but i really do think Export Pattern means what it says and does not include the sounds/parts used

• edited January 2018

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

Can you send me this .pattern.gr16 file for expertise? to jimaudiodsp@gmail.com

• @stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff will re try but i really do think Export Pattern means what it says and does not include the sounds/parts used

@jimpavloff Also getting conflicts with buggy files app at times making GR say No Pattern Files Found when attempting to "Import Pattern " in Utils when there are Patterns in the Export folder - GR is i think relying heavily on buggy files app could really be good to implement Audioshare Open In - far more rock solid

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff ok give me an hour or 2 and thanks for the input you put in for all us Users really appreciated dude
    peace

• edited January 2018

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff Also getting conflicts with buggy files app at times making GR say No Pattern Files Found when attempting to "Import Pattern " in Utils when there are Patterns in the Export folder - GR is i think relying heavily on buggy files app could really be good to implement Audioshare Open In - far more rock solid

@jimpavloff Now this really is weird too - I've deleted all my imported files double checked in itunes and files app yet GR has the files still there patterns and sounds - like they are being held in the ipads memory somewhere even tried turning ipad off then back on and the files are being held somewhere in GR - anyway step by step - just letting you know to take down notes

• @stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff Now this really is weird too - I've deleted all my imported files double checked in itunes and files app yet GR has the files still there Patterns and Sounds - like there being held in the ipads memory somewhere even tried turning ipad off then back on and the files are being held somewhere in GR - anyway step by step - just letting you know to take down notes

That is normal - you may do what you want with your sample files. Those of them, which you are using in your patterns, are cached inside the internal cache and will not go away even you entirely clear the GR's samples folder. I wrote this a lot of times already in this thread.

• @stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff ok give me an hour or 2 and thanks for the input you put in for all us Users really appreciated dude
    peace

@jimpavloff hi Jim pattern file just emailed - if poss can you let me know received

• @stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

peace

@jimpavloff hi Jim pattern file just emailed - if poss can you let me know received