Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• @stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@InfoCheck said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff How do i transfer a completed track to another ipad ? if can only export a pattern with no sounds?

Is a pattern you have exported to another device sounds different when you press Play button? Are there some sounds missing?

@jimpavloff all sounds missing when i selected Export Pattern- then transfered to my other ipad - the pattern played back fine with correct tempo and effects parameters - in the display says "no sound found"

Can you send me this .pattern.gr16 file for expertise? to jimaudiodsp@gmail.com

@jimpavloff ok give me an hour or 2 and thanks for the input you put in for all us Users really appreciated dude
    peace

@jimpavloff hi Jim pattern file just emailed - if poss can you let me know received

I had similar missing samples with pattern file import. The same pattern file would import successfully when it was loaded into the bank it was exported out of, but had missing samples when imported into a different bank. I’ve sent @jimpavloff a detailed description of my findings.

I would also say that at times the files app can get confused about the status of files and restarting or other sorts of resetting is needed to restore the expected functioning of the file app. Some apps like Google Drive seem to require you to use open in from the Google Drive app to download files stored in Google Drive rather than being able to access them directly from the file app as you’d expect. I can copy files to Google Drive from the files app though.

I also ran into a glitch where a file was in AudioShare but it didn’t show up because I’d just deleted it from the files app. Did a search for the app in the files app and it did find it in the recovery/trash and I was able to successfully recover it. At times none of the files in the AudioShare section of the files app would not show up as expected and the files app was semi-frozen. Restarting the iPad and going back into the files app again and AudioShare files showed up again in the files app. Looks like there are still kinks to work out with the files app yet it’s still been more convenient than not having it and having to drag out the computer to do iTunes or iFunbox file transfers.

@InfoCheck I emailed a file to the dev about no sound in import pattern files and he has found the bug - will be sorted next update

@InfoCheck Agree 100% about the files app - Open In / Share to Audioshare is needed.Files App is ok when wants to be - At current GR is relying too much on buggy files app

Really hope Apple sort the files app. BM3 folder is currently my sample hub where I wanna bring files from to GR-16.. but it's so buggy using Files app to bring samples in to GR16 and make folders/copy etc :(

• @Iostress said:

@Mark B said:

@Iostress said:
    Found a bug -

Load one of the stock drum loops.
    Go to 'Edit controls' in Part menu and choose 'distortion' - dial in decimate etc.
    Go to 'Edit controls' in Part menu and choose 'sample' = Decimate etc stop working.

Hope an easy one to fix @jimpavloff :)

That’s not a bug. With distortion the knobs give decimate and boost. With sample they give sample start and end. You either have one or the other.

Oh.. Lame :(

@jimpavloff is there a reason these settings are 'one or the other'? Feels like it should be possible to dial one, then dial the other, with both settings co-existing?

• @jimpavloff any chance to increase pattern length to 8 bars ? working on some patterns for my live set but again and again hiting the 4 bars limit wall when trying create longer melody :(

• @jimpavloff It would be good to see knob parameter values the moment you touch the screen - Currently you only get parameter values when you dial the knob control which messes up your previous settings.

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff It would be good to see knob parameter values the moment you touch the screen - Currently you only get parameter values when you dial the knob control which messes up your previous settings.

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff It would be good to see knob parameter values the moment you touch the screen - Currently you only get parameter values when you dial the knob control which messes up your previous settings.

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff this can be crucial mainly with fx settings and sample trim

• @dendy said:
    @jimpavloff any chance to increase pattern length to 8 bars ? working on some patterns for my live set but again and again hiting the 4 bars limit wall when trying create longer melody :(

I agree 100% and easier for song structure when building a full arrangement

• @Iostress said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@InfoCheck said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff How do i transfer a completed track to another ipad ? if can only export a pattern with no sounds?

Is a pattern you have exported to another device sounds different when you press Play button? Are there some sounds missing?

@jimpavloff all sounds missing when i selected Export Pattern- then transfered to my other ipad - the pattern played back fine with correct tempo and effects parameters - in the display says "no sound found"

@jimpavloff ok give me an hour or 2 and thanks for the input you put in for all us Users really appreciated dude
    peace

@jimpavloff hi Jim pattern file just emailed - if poss can you let me know received

I had similar missing samples with pattern file import. The same pattern file would import successfully when it was loaded into the bank it was exported out of, but had missing samples when imported into a different bank. I’ve sent @jimpavloff a detailed description of my findings.

I would also say that at times the files app can get confused about the status of files and restarting or other sorts of resetting is needed to restore the expected functioning of the file app. Some apps like Google Drive seem to require you to use open in from the Google Drive app to download files stored in Google Drive rather than being able to access them directly from the file app as you’d expect. I can copy files to Google Drive from the files app though.

I also ran into a glitch where a file was in AudioShare but it didn’t show up because I’d just deleted it from the files app. Did a search for the app in the files app and it did find it in the recovery/trash and I was able to successfully recover it. At times none of the files in the AudioShare section of the files app would not show up as expected and the files app was semi-frozen. Restarting the iPad and going back into the files app again and AudioShare files showed up again in the files app. Looks like there are still kinks to work out with the files app yet it’s still been more convenient than not having it and having to drag out the computer to do iTunes or iFunbox file transfers.

@InfoCheck I emailed a file to the dev about no sound in import pattern files and he has found the bug - will be sorted next update

@InfoCheck Agree 100% about the files app - Open In / Share to Audioshare is needed.Files App is ok when wants to be - At current GR is relying too much on buggy files app

Really hope Apple sort the files app. BM3 folder is currently my sample hub where I wanna bring files from to GR-16.. but it's so buggy using Files app to bring samples in to GR16 and make folders/copy etc :(

An "Open In" will solve all that.

• @dendy said:
    @jimpavloff any chance to increase pattern length to 8 bars ? working on some patterns for my live set but again and again hiting the 4 bars limit wall when trying create longer melody :(

Lol! I just spat my coffee..You literally just told me not to repeat requests a few posts ago, and then you repeat your wish for 8 bars a few posts later!? You already mentioned it dude?
    I remembered and had to flick back pages to check I wasn't imagining things.

FWIW I'd like 8 bars too, but your hypocrisy is next level ;)

• @stormbeats said:

@Iostress said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@InfoCheck said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

peace

An "Open In" will solve all that.

Even if all my samples are in BM3 folder? I'm pretty new to ios. What will 'open in' allow in terms of 'where from/where to?'

• @stormbeats said:

@dendy said:

No any plans for making 8 bars in GR in the near or distant future.

• @stormbeats said:

I think it is possible.

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

I think it is possible.

That really would help - thanks

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@dendy said:

Maybe an option to do Pattern Merging at some stage(no rush) to extend Patterns - Bm3 has this -

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@dendy said:

Yeah I expected 8 bars was unlikely ;) Been asking for it on the Elektron forum for 6 years! Seems to be a limit of 4 bars that just 'works best' in terms of overall UI etc.

Is there currently tempo divisions/multiply per Part? That could often be a workaround for longer passages? I resort to it daily on Octatrack. And if not there already, is probably a far less disruptive thing to implement in an update?

I need to read the manual ASAP!

• @jimpavloff I think everything feature wise for a brand new app GR for me is impressive - the no sounds "bug" in Export Pattern till next update is ok with me -
    My top future feature is Inter App sampling and live sampling via soundcard -
    I say this because I really think GR is going to be my number 1 sampling Groovebox.
    I like the immediate workflow - I don't feel like I'am on an ipad with GR - feels real
    The swing options are excellent - Remember the old classic song "it dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing" GR has that swing - and real time shifting of notes - Excellent
    With a few small fixes here and there nothing can compete with GR
    :-)

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@dendy said:

Although when I think about it... If on your 'distant future' app you DID make 8 bars an option... Along with much deeper feature set than GR16.. You 'might' get a significant amount of people looking at your app instead of elektron samplers... Especially those making more melodic or ambient stuff and non-techno.. Jus sayin ;)

• Can anyone confirm if GR16 has tempo division/multiply per Part?

• @Iostress said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@dendy said:

Yeah I expected 8 bars was unlikely ;) Been asking for it on the Elektron forum for 6 years! Seems to be a limit of 4 bars that just 'works best' in terms of overall UI etc.

Is there currently tempo divisions/multiply per Part? That could often be a workaround for longer passages? I resort to it daily on Octatrack. And if not there already, is probably a far less disruptive thing to implement in an update?

I was thinking about tempo divisions per part. Not sure how to fit it in, but it is in my head.

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff I think everything feature wise for a brand new app GR for me is impressive - the no sounds "bug" in Export Pattern till next update is ok with me -
    I say this because I really think GR is going to be my number 1 sampling Groovebox.
    I like the immediate workflow - I don't feel like I'am on an ipad with GR - feels real
    The swing options are excellent - Remember the old classic song "it dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing" GR has that swing - and real time shifting of notes - Excellent

@jimpavloff If Pattern Merge is implemented that could mean a very good thing - No need for Pattern Chaining - that will be super powerful - Merging selected Patterns into one = Full Song. again no rush just a thought

• @Iostress said:
    Even if all my samples are in BM3 folder? I'm pretty new to ios. What will 'open in' allow in terms of 'where from/where to?'

In BM3 you go to the Sample page (click the waveform symbol on the leftmost column), open the sample browser and load the sample you want to share. On the right bottom corner you hit "Share" to open the file in other apps.

What an app supports or doesn't support in terms of "from/where to" completely depends on the app developer. iOS offers it all, but only few developers give users a broad choice of options, as most just implement the "most wanted" or personally preferred features only.

Everybody is different in how she/he uses music apps. Some sit on the couch all the time and are perfectly happy with iCloud or Dropbox, others want to use their apps live or in their band or in the WiFi-less basement or while travelling and have no internet there.
    Some want to use their apps together with other apps on the same device, others want to run it together with hardware grooveboxes, requiring Midi Sync and CC parameter control.
    Some want an app to be a replacement for desktop apps (and I wouldn't argue against that), and some are happy with more or less restricted apps that ask you to get creative with what you have.

I have my checklist of features after which I decide if I want an app or not. Because web sites got worse with more blah blah and less information, it now happens more often that I have to contact the developer directly in order to get basic questions about the app answered.
    And I wouldn't count on 1001 features of your wildest dreams being added in the close future.

Jim Pavloff is an exception here, he has not only developed an app that so many people have wanted for years, but he has also written a good pdf manual that can be read without an internet connection YES!

• @jimpavloff is a retrig/roll param in the pipeline? Haven't been able to find any 'yes/no' on this one.

• @jimpavloff said:

@Iostress said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@dendy said:

I was thinking about tempo divisions per part. Not sure how to fit it in, but it is in my head.

Would be HUGE! Fingers crossed :)

• @Iostress said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@dendy said:

Although when I think about it... If on your 'distant future' app you DID make 8 bars an option... Along with much deeper feature set than GR16.. You 'might' get a significant amount of people looking at your app instead of elektron samplers... Especially those making more melodic or ambient stuff and non-techno.. Jus sayin ;)

Yeah, that is my intention.

• @stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff I think everything feature wise for a brand new app GR for me is impressive - the no sounds "bug" in Export Pattern till next update is ok with me -

@jimpavloff If Pattern Merge is implemented that could mean a very good thing - No need for Pattern Chaining - that will be super powerful - Merging selected Patterns into one = Full Song. again no rush just a thought - to add - and if the merged pattern cant be re sequenced due to extended bar amounts could be re triggered live from a pad - good for mixing.

• @jimpavloff said:

@Iostress said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@dendy said:

Yeah, that is my intention.

Sweet! Elektron have been resting on their laurels a little while now imo. Was very disappointed to see the OT mkii basically the same as the mki after so many years.. Good luck with it!

But please still try and add tempo per part in GR16 in the meantime ;)

• I'm not sure how often I would really need tempo divisions per part, but I do agree with the sampling capability and Midi Sync support.

• @rs2000 said:
    I'm not sure how often I would really need tempo divisions per part, but I do agree with the sampling capability and Midi Sync support.

Whenever you have a chord progression or melody longer than 4 bars of your beat ;) Depends a lot on genre I guess maybe..

• @Iostress said:

@rs2000 said:
    I'm not sure how often I would really need tempo divisions per part, but I do agree with the sampling capability and Midi Sync support.

Whenever you have a chord progression or melody longer than 4 bars of your beat ;) Depends a lot on genre I guess maybe..

+1 Tempo division/part combined with the existing 'stroke' feature (re-trigger/ratchet/roll) the 4-bar limit would not be so 'limiting' after all :)

• @Samu said:

@Iostress said:

@rs2000 said:

+1 Tempo division/part combined with the existing 'stroke' feature (re-trigger/ratchet/roll) the 4-bar limit would not be so 'limiting' after all :)

Sounds like I need me some 'stroke'! And a manual reading session ;) Thought it was missing any kind of retrig/roll! Good news :)

• @Iostress said:

Sounds like I need me some 'stroke'! And a manual reading session ;) Thought it was missing any kind of retrig/roll! Good news :)

The 'jog wheel' selects among different options and 'stroke patterns'.