Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• @Samu said:

@Iostress said:

Sounds like I need me some 'stroke'! And a manual reading session ;) Thought it was missing any kind of retrig/roll! Good news :)

The 'jog wheel' selects among different options and 'stroke patterns'.

Sweet! Buried treasure :)

• @jimpavloff in next update when deleting / clearing user patterns the cleared pattern defaults to a GR kik pattern at 120bpm - that confused me till I realised its the inbuilt default - the default 120bpm is ok but can you set this to totally blank / cleared pattern with no kik sound?

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff in next update when deleting / clearing user patterns the cleared pattern defaults to a GR kik pattern at 120bpm - that confused me till I realised its the inbuilt default - the default 120bpm is ok but can you set this to totally blank / cleared pattern with no kik sound?

@jimpavloff and no wave sound too and the other drum sounds - a clean pad slate much prefered.

• @stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff in next update when deleting / clearing user patterns the cleared pattern defaults to a GR kik pattern at 120bpm - that confused me till I realised its the inbuilt default - the default 120bpm is ok but can you set this to totally blank / cleared pattern with no kik sound?

@jimpavloff and no wave sound too and the other drum sounds - a clean pad slate much prefered.

@jimpavloff if possible when copy/pasting parts into other Inits in the pop up menu when copying be good to have the names of patterns copying from and name of pattern copying to for User clarity when going deep in to intricate beat programming.

• @stormbeats said:
    clearing user patterns the cleared pattern defaults to a GR kik pattern at 120bpm - that confused me till I realised its the inbuilt default - the default 120bpm is ok but can you set this to totally blank / cleared pattern with no kik sound?
    and no wave sound too and the other drum sounds - a clean pad slate much prefered.

+1

• edited January 2018

@Iostress said:
    Just discovered only keyboard scale type per pattern, not per part?? Seems very weird restriction for something that people keep saying is primarily a 'synth' groovebox?

Same for arpeggio.. Per pattern, not per part. Very weird restriction...

Did I miss a trick to have scale/arpeggio per part?

Will read manual tonight..

Changing the scale or arp pattern does not affect already recorded notes. So you can mix and match scales and arps as much as you want

• Few things:
    1. This is begging for custom skins
    2. Would be cool if the touchpad could trigger chords like the chord mode on the pads
    3. It might be simpler for folks if when you hit write, a pop up asks if you want to save to a new empty slot or overwrite the one you’re on. This is what people are doing anyways, might be easier than always copying and pasting to new slots. That way it’s two taps to get it done and over with. You might not even have to stop the music.

• @db909 said:
    3. It might be simpler for folks if when you hit write, a pop up asks if you want to save to a new empty slot or overwrite the one you’re on.

+100 ! Fucking great idea .. immediately can imagine how this can be pretty much useable during live performance !

i get to some stage of playing pattern where i get idea "ok, this is good state, i want later return to this after some tweaks" - then i simply tap "write", store it to another slot .. then i can continute with tweaks in currently playing pattern but quickly return to stage befor tweaks ..

• @dendy said:

@db909 said:
    3. It might be simpler for folks if when you hit write, a pop up asks if you want to save to a new empty slot or overwrite the one you’re on.

+100 ! Fucking great idea .. immediately can imagine how this can be pretty much useable during live performance !

i get to some stage of playing pattern where i get idea "ok, this is good state, i want later return to this after some tweaks" - then i simply tap "write", store it to another slot .. then i can continute with tweaks in currently playing pattern but quickly return to stage befor tweaks ..

'reload pattern' + 'reload part' shortcuts would also be great in this aspect for fast 'tweak > revert' in performance.

• @db909 said:
    Few things:
    2. Would be cool if the touchpad could trigger chords like the chord mode on the pads
    3. It might be simpler for folks if when you hit write, a pop up asks if you want to save to a new empty slot or overwrite the one you’re on. This is what people are doing anyways, might be easier than always copying and pasting to new slots. That way it’s two taps to get it done and over with. You might not even have to stop the music.

I can propose about 3) to make Shift+Write (currently Rename only) to show up options dialog like: Rename; Save to new; Whatever...

Skins could be cool also.

• @jimpavloff sorry for my confusion and scatty posts on this but seems I was mistaken about the 'jump' being able to act as a kind of Fill afterall.

The 'jump' function is very cool, nice feature! But would also be great if user could define in settings a preference for the following behavior when in this mode -

'Pattern always progresses' - so that you can jam on pads for Fills and weird stuff, but the pattern steps continue silently underneath.. So you can jam on the Jump pads and then drop back in to the track when step 1 comes round again. At present if you jam in this mode, when you stop hitting pads the pattern continues from the last pad/step that you hit. Which makes it impossible to do stuff like jam and then snap back to pattern on the first bar.

Not sure I've explained that very well :/ Hopefully makes sense!?

• @jimpavloff said:

@db909 said:
    Few things:

I can propose about 3) to make Shift+Write (currently Rename only) to show up options dialog like: Rename; Save to new; Whatever...

Maybe that options list could also have 'reload pattern' and 'reload part' options too? If there's no potential space for dedicated buttons on ui.

Having those functions midi assignable would be dope ;)

• @Iostress said:
    @jimpavloff sorry for my confusion and scatty posts on this but seems I was mistaken about the 'jump' being able to act as a kind of Fill afterall.

The 'jump' function is very cool, nice feature! But would also be great if user could define in settings a preference for the following behavior when in this mode -

'Pattern always progresses' - so that you can jam on pads for Fills and weird stuff, but the pattern steps continue silently underneath.. So you can jam on the Jump pads and then drop back in to the track when step 1 comes round again. At present if you jam in this mode, when you stop hitting pads the pattern continues from the last pad/step that you hit. Which makes it impossible to do stuff like jam and then snap back to pattern on the first bar.

To sync back to the original beat, tap the blinking Jump button, and, you know, RTFM :))

• @Iostress said:

@jimpavloff said:

@db909 said:
    Few things:

Maybe that options list could also have 'reload pattern' and 'reload part' options too? If there's no potential space for dedicated buttons on ui.

Maybe, but to say in forward, reloading / saving to new functions will probably be impossible in a realtime without breaking current beat sync.

• @jimpavloff said:

sounds percfectly ok

• @jimpavloff said:

@Iostress said:
    @jimpavloff sorry for my confusion and scatty posts on this but seems I was mistaken about the 'jump' being able to act as a kind of Fill afterall.

To sync back to the original beat, tap the blinking Jump button, and, you know, RTFM :))

Haha! Sorry dude, yeah I really need to RTFM asap.
    Thats amazing that this is already in there :)

• @jimpavloff said:

@Iostress said:

@jimpavloff said:

@db909 said:
    Few things:

Maybe, but to say in forward, reloading / saving to new functions will probably be impossible in a realtime without breaking current beat sync.

Would be great if can be added and real-time for reloads :)

• @Iostress said:

@jimpavloff said:

@Iostress said:

@jimpavloff said:

@db909 said:
    Few things:

I can try that. And Save to new... in this case will save pattern to a first closest Init slot next to current pattern.

• @jimpavloff Why is there.no Audiobus start button?

• @jimpavloff said:

@Iostress said:

@jimpavloff said:

@Iostress said:

@jimpavloff said:

@db909 said:
    Few things:

I can try that. And Save to new... in this case will save pattern to a first closest Init slot next to current pattern.

Sweet, thanks for your work! Good luck with it :)

• @db909 said:

@Iostress said:
    Just discovered only keyboard scale type per pattern, not per part?? Seems very weird restriction for something that people keep saying is primarily a 'synth' groovebox?

Same for arpeggio.. Per pattern, not per part. Very weird restriction...

Did I miss a trick to have scale/arpeggio per part?

Will read manual tonight..

Changing the scale or arp pattern does not affect already recorded notes. So you can mix and match scales and arps as much as you want

Cool, thanks! This is good news for using scale and arp for laying semi-rsndom stuff down in to sequencer :)

Arpeggio setting per part would still be great if possible to add in future though. For live stuff. Not really any kind of priority tho after learning the above. Thanks again!

• This is called developing with the developer :smile:
    It’s so cool .

• @dendy said:

@jimpavloff said:

sounds percfectly ok

yes that will help a lot -

• @jimpavloff said:

@Iostress said:

@jimpavloff said:

@Iostress said:

@jimpavloff said:

@db909 said:
    Few things:

I just new you were actually paying attention and considering many of the suggestions, without getting bent out of shape over the discourse. :) Some of them sound like reasonable suggestions, while other's do sound like possible feature creep. Cool that you're listening and weighing how some suggestions might actually be in sync with your own vision of how this app should evolve.

I think a latch for individual pads feature was requested. I'm not sure how that would work in the overall flow of this app, but at first consideration, it sounds like a possibly useful feature. +1

• @jimpavloff said:

@db909 said:
    Few things:

That would be awesome!

• @skiphunt said:

@jimpavloff said:

@Iostress said:

@jimpavloff said:

@Iostress said:

@jimpavloff said:

@db909 said:
    Few things:

I just new you were actually paying attention and considering many of the suggestions, without getting bent out of shape over the discourse. :) Some of them sound like reasonable suggestions, while other's do sound like possible feature creep. Cool that you're listening and weighing how some suggestions might actually be in sync with your own vision of how this app should evolve.

I think a latch for individual pads feature was requested. I'm not sure how that would work in the overall flow of this app, but at first consideration, it sounds like a possibly useful feature. +1

Latch would be great option to have so you could use Part/s to trigger live loops. Using the old school method that @stormbeats mentioned of recording a sample chain at double speed and then slowing it down in GR-16, doubling the current sample length limit (though would also be great if this could be increased a little if possible.... With sample chains of kits and instruments etc in mind.... Maybe some time in future @jimpavloff? )..

So you could squeeze a handful of ambient loops or whatever in to one chain/one part and have each loop as a slice/pad. Then latch pads to loop them on/off through your set :)

When/If latch gets added it would be great to also see a fwd>bwd loop mode option to help out with using it like above.

• The latest in beta version of Samplebot lets you select your own samples from the Apple files app via document picker direct via each pad, 3 taps and your there, works pretty well could be another way for import maybe for GR-16.

• Can we have a bigger shift button please. My giant fingers keep missing it when things run fast.

Simple but serious request.

Cheers

• @Jumpercollins said:
    The latest in beta version of Samplebot lets you select your own samples from the Apple files app via document picker direct via each pad, 3 taps and your there, works pretty well could be another way for import maybe for GR-16.

From any folder in Files? Like import to samplebot pad from BM3 folder for example? If so, this is the stuff of dreams!

• @Iostress said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    The latest in beta version of Samplebot lets you select your own samples from the Apple files app via document picker direct via each pad, 3 taps and your there, works pretty well could be another way for import maybe for GR-16.

From any folder in Files? Like import to samplebot pad from BM3 folder for example? If so, this is the stuff of dreams!

That's the way the DocumentPicker/Files.app integration works :)
    (One of the reasons I promote usage of DocumentPicker/Files.app for all things related to Import & Export, makes it easy to dump exports directly into a folder in BM3 as an example).