Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• @Iostress said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    The latest in beta version of Samplebot lets you select your own samples from the Apple files app via document picker direct via each pad, 3 taps and your there, works pretty well could be another way for import maybe for GR-16.

From any folder in Files? Like import to samplebot pad from BM3 folder for example? If so, this is the stuff of dreams!

Yes straight from BM3 into Samplebot no problems. Or any other app that has files app support as Samu said.

• @Samu said:

@Iostress said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    The latest in beta version of Samplebot lets you select your own samples from the Apple files app via document picker direct via each pad, 3 taps and your there, works pretty well could be another way for import maybe for GR-16.

From any folder in Files? Like import to samplebot pad from BM3 folder for example? If so, this is the stuff of dreams!

That's the way the DocumentPicker/Files.app integration works :)
    (One of the reasons I promote usage of DocumentPicker/Files.app for all things related to Import & Export, makes it easy to dump exports directly into a folder in BM3 as an example).

Cool, sounds good!

I need to Google this as don't quite understand. Is document picker an app? Or something that devs can add to their own app? Or part of ios? Either way, it sounds almost 'normal'.. like using a desktop + shared samples folder between all software.. @jimpavloff sounds well worth adding if it's something you can do at your end?

Going to Google it now and find out what I'm talking about ;)

• edited January 2018

Can anybody please tell me how to connect to a Bluetooth Midi adapter?
    I can connect to it inside BM3 and then switch to GR-16 but I prefer to be able to connect from inside Gr-16 ;)
    Like in Beatmaker 3:

Thanks!

• @Iostress said:

I need to Google this as don't quite understand. Is document picker an app?

The 'Document Picker' is a feature built-in into iOS dating back to iOS8.

Sometimes it goes by the name of 'iCloud Drive'(mostly pre iOS11) which can be a bit miss-leading as it can be used to access other 'Locations' that are in practice 'File Providers' (AudioShare is a 'File Provider' as an example).

When running iOS11 it's simply called 'Files'

Other 'File Providers' are DropBox, GoogleDrive, Documents 5 by Readle (which I highly recommend if there is a need to download files from the internet, access network servers, manage archives, take notes, sign pdfs etc).

Or something that devs can add to their own app?

When targeting iOS11 devs can easily add 'Files.app' support (which in practice makes each apps 'Documents' folder(ie. iTunes File Sharing) folder visible to the Files.app for easy access.

In worst case Google will send you back to this thread ;)

• @rs2000 said:
    I can connect to it inside BM3 and then switch to GR-16 but I prefer to be able to connect from inside Gr-16 ;)
    Like in Beatmaker 3:

Thanks!

I had to manually connect my Bluetooth midi keys in ios settings before it showed up in GR16. Don't think Ive ever needed to do that when using it in BM3, but can't really remember. Is your device already showing as connected in ios settings?

• @Samu said:

@Iostress said:

I need to Google this as don't quite understand. Is document picker an app?

The 'Document Picker' is a feature built-in into iOS dating back to iOS8.

Sometimes it goes by the name of 'iCloud Drive'(mostly pre iOS11) which can be a bit miss-leading as it can be used to access other 'Locations' that are in practice 'File Providers' (AudioShare is a 'File Provider' as an example).

When running iOS11 it's simply called 'Files'

Other 'File Providers' are DropBox, GoogleDrive, Documents 5 by Readle (which I highly recommend if there is a need to download files from the internet, access network servers, manage archives, take notes, sign pdfs etc).

Or something that devs can add to their own app?

When targeting iOS11 devs can easily add 'Files.app' support (which in practice makes each apps 'Documents' folder(ie. iTunes File Sharing) folder visible to the Files.app for easy access.

In worst case Google will send you back to this thread ;)

Haha :) Thanks. So in theory in GR16 you could select a Part then browse to BM3 (or wherever the user has their bulk sample library) folder and select file to import to that GR16 Part/Pad? That would be pretty ideal!

• @Iostress said:

Haha :) Thanks. So in theory in GR16 you could select a Part then browse to BM3 (or wherever the user has their bulk sample library) folder and select file to import to that GR16 Part/Pad? That would be pretty ideal!

Bingo, and 'export'(if it was done using the iOS 'Action/Share Sheet') could go straight back to folder in BM3 and there would be no need to 'browse' to the GR16 folder from BM3 and import the file :)

• @Iostress said:

I had to manually connect my Bluetooth midi keys in ios settings before it showed up in GR16. Don't think Ive ever needed to do that when using it in BM3, but can't really remember. Is your device already showing as connected in ios settings?

Same here, I use the Korg's BLE-MIDI app to connect my nanoKEY Studio.
    The BT Midi interface should not be to hard for Jim to implement...

• @Samu said:

@Iostress said:

Bingo, and 'export'(if it was done using the iOS 'Action/Share Sheet') could go straight back to folder in BM3 and there would be no need to 'browse' to the GR16 folder from BM3 and import the file :)

Sounds perfect (especially if some way of also 'auditioning' sounds from within GR16!).

Guessing this wouldnt be too much of a strech for GR16 to implement, considering it already kind of integrates with Files app? I have absolutely no real understanding of the complications of coding this kind of thing though, especially in ios.

• edited January 2018

@Samu said:

@Iostress said:

Sounds like I need me some 'stroke'! And a manual reading session ;) Thought it was missing any kind of retrig/roll! Good news :)

The 'jog wheel' selects among different options and 'stroke patterns'.

Do we really need a 'jog wheel'?
    How about traditional iPad gestures like swipe left, right, double tap, long press, etc. (on the selected option ) .. Blow up the 'grid window' to full screen and let's do 'multi-touch' etc in there.. This is what the iPad is great at , touch-precision.

I know it's only V.1..

• @stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff in next update when deleting / clearing user patterns the cleared pattern defaults to a GR kik pattern at 120bpm - that confused me till I realised its the inbuilt default - the default 120bpm is ok but can you set this to totally blank / cleared pattern with no kik sound?

@jimpavloff and no wave sound too and the other drum sounds - a clean pad slate much prefered.

You could just make one (maybe like U00) then go to it and copy/paste that pattern when you want to start fresh.

• @RajahP said:

@Samu said:

@Iostress said:

Sounds like I need me some 'stroke'! And a manual reading session ;) Thought it was missing any kind of retrig/roll! Good news :)

How about traditional iPad gestures like swipe left, right, double tap, long press, etc. (on the selected option ) .. Blow up the 'grid window' to full screen and let's do 'multi-touch' etc in there.. This is what the iPad is great at , touch-precision.

I know it's only V.1..

The trouble is your finger gets in the way. This way Works well for me.

• @wim said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff in next update when deleting / clearing user patterns the cleared pattern defaults to a GR kik pattern at 120bpm - that confused me till I realised its the inbuilt default - the default 120bpm is ok but can you set this to totally blank / cleared pattern with no kik sound?

@jimpavloff and no wave sound too and the other drum sounds - a clean pad slate much prefered.

You could just make one (maybe like U00) then go to it and copy/paste that pattern when you want to start fresh.

@wim true - I made a template already - thought about it after my post - point taken

• @Mark B said:

@RajahP said:

@Samu said:

@Iostress said:

I know it's only V.1..

The trouble is your finger gets in the way. This way Works well for me.

+1
    And, you don't have to worry about accidentally changing a parameter when you touch it. It's "non standard" as far as iOS apps go, but I like it.

• @stormbeats said:

@wim said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@wim true - I made a template already - thought about it after my post - point taken

Me too. In fact, in my wife's opinion, it's the best pattern I've made so far. :D

• @stormbeats said:

@wim said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@wim only thing is i dont think possible to create 16 blank pads - when pads are cleared they resort back to the pre installed custom sounds unless you have a work around

• @stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@wim said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@wim only thing is i dont think possible to create 16 blank pads - when pads are cleared they resort back to the pre installed custom sounds unless you have a work around

@wim custom sound being that harsh sounding saw wave -

• @stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@wim said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@a cleared pad should be empty of any sounds

• @stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@wim said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@wim a cleared pad should be empty of any sounds

• @Iostress said:

I had checked that before, unfortunately it doesn't.

@Samu said:

@Iostress said:

Same here, I use the Korg's BLE-MIDI app to connect my nanoKEY Studio.
    The BT Midi interface should not be to hard for Jim to implement...

I hope so.
    @jimpavloff: What do you think?

• @jimpavloff Feature requests -
    1.option to rename sample slices i.e a chopped drum loop
    kik/snr/hat
    2.option to trim / cut sliced samples

• @rs2000 said:
    Like in Beatmaker 3:

Thanks!

Use the free A/C Sabre app to connect any bluetooth devices

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff Feature requests -
    1.option to rename sample slices i.e a chopped drum loop
    kik/snr/hat
    2.option to trim / cut sliced samples

@jimpavloff and have option in menu to display sample names on the pads although it's good that you have sample names in display I think would be good to have sample name on pads and pattern name option too if sequencing live with the pads - good for live performance which GR is perfect for. Akai impc pro has this feature it comes in handy.

• W1- Use Jim Audio Space As a Wave Form Editor /Chop
    2- 1+more additional channel INSTANTLY WHILE PERFORMING RECORD 1 BAR LOOP AND CHOP LIVE

For instance, let me record beat using 5 drum parts.......record 1 bar loop and place that loop in a pad without having to stop playing. Therefore freeing up those pads for more use.

Any other creative ways to do this or have visible waveform editing would be amazing.

ALSO, the menu square in the upper left allow that to be an optional XY assignable pad

• One thing that might be helpful is a start offset option in the pattern menu, affecting the whole pattern. You could have 2 options: bar and step on said bar. So if I want the pattern to start bar 2, step 4, I can and it’s just two jog wheel options. I noticed a few of my patterns didn’t exactly start where I heard them starting as the whole thing looped. Plus this could be useful for chaining.

• @jimpavloff adding to the ideas above setting quantisation (eg 16th 8th 4th or bar) especially useful in jump mode.

• @stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@wim said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@RajahP said:

@Samu said:

@Iostress said:

I know it's only V.1..

@LucidMusicInc said:
    @jimpavloff adding to the ideas above setting quantisation (eg 16th 8th 4th or bar) especially useful in jump mode.

+1

• @db909 said:
    One thing that might be helpful is a start offset option in the pattern menu, affecting the whole pattern. You could have 2 options: bar and step on said bar. So if I want the pattern to start bar 2, step 4, I can and it’s just two jog wheel options. I noticed a few of my patterns didn’t exactly start where I heard them starting as the whole thing looped.

+1

• @stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@wim said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@wim a cleared pad should be empty of any sounds

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@wim said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

The way the app is constructed I'm not sure how you'd have nothing on the pad. But as a workaround, your init template could have a silent wav file loaded on each pad. I have such a file I can hook you up with here. It's useful for a lot of things, such as in Patterning when you're just using midi-out and don't need any sounds being processed from the pads.

• @jimpavloff or anyone, possibly a dumb question but is it possible to copy all Parts to new Pattern without copying Pattern steps? I don't see it in the copy menu. Only Part sound, entire Part or paste Pattern.