Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• @jimpavloff I'm finding I keep needing to kill some bass on Parts but my filter and insert are already used up :(

A super basic eq or just a HP filter knob per channel on mixer would be very useful...

Could maybe have a button along top of the mixer page that switched the channel param knobs' functions?

Doesn't need to be anything fancy/cpu hungry, just something to curb bass frequency build up. Especially a problem when using pitched user samples (managed to import a few finally ;) ...

• @RUST( i )K said:
    Use the free A/C Sabre app to connect any bluetooth devices

Thanks for the tipp, but this app requires iOS10, so it's no option for me.

• @jimpavloff can we get a sample preview button like a "play" icon/button - would help a lot
    I noticed when going through my samples they are not alpabetically listed

• @Iostress said:
    @jimpavloff I'm finding I keep needing to kill some bass on Parts but my filter and insert are already used up :(

A super basic eq or just a HP filter knob per channel on mixer would be very useful...

Could maybe have a button along top of the mixer page that switched the channel param knobs' functions?

Doesn't need to be anything fancy/cpu hungry, just something to curb bass frequency build up. Especially a problem when using pitched user samples (managed to import a few finally ;) ...

yo there's a HP EQ FILTER per pad not in the mixer though

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff can we get a sample preview button like a "play" icon/button - would help a lot

+1 for alphabetically listed user and included samples.

• @wim said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@wim said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff in next update when deleting / clearing user patterns the cleared pattern defaults to a GR kik pattern at 120bpm - that confused me till I realised its the inbuilt default - the default 120bpm is ok but can you set this to totally blank / cleared pattern with no kik sound?

@jimpavloff and no wave sound too and the other drum sounds - a clean pad slate much prefered.

You could just make one (maybe like U00) then go to it and copy/paste that pattern when you want to start fresh.

@wim true - I made a template already - thought about it after my post - point taken

@wim only thing is i dont think possible to create 16 blank pads - when pads are cleared they resort back to the pre installed custom sounds unless you have a work around

@wim custom sound being that harsh sounding saw wave -

@a cleared pad should be empty of any sounds

@wim a cleared pad should be empty of any sounds

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@wim said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff in next update when deleting / clearing user patterns the cleared pattern defaults to a GR kik pattern at 120bpm - that confused me till I realised its the inbuilt default - the default 120bpm is ok but can you set this to totally blank / cleared pattern with no kik sound?

@jimpavloff and no wave sound too and the other drum sounds - a clean pad slate much prefered.

You could just make one (maybe like U00) then go to it and copy/paste that pattern when you want to start fresh.

@wim true - I made a template already - thought about it after my post - point taken

@wim only thing is i dont think possible to create 16 blank pads - when pads are cleared they resort back to the pre installed custom sounds unless you have a work around

@wim custom sound being that harsh sounding saw wave -

@a cleared pad should be empty of any sounds

The way the app is constructed I'm not sure how you'd have nothing on the pad. But as a workaround, your init template could have a silent wav file loaded on each pad. I have such a file I can hook you up with here. It's useful for a lot of things, such as in Patterning when you're just using midi-out and don't need any sounds being processed from the pads.

We think alike- I just done that - cheers for tip

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff can we get a sample preview button like a "play" icon/button - would help a lot

+1. Option for auto audition when browsing down the samples with the up/down arrow. Would feel a lot less 'clicky' than having to hit a pad after highlighting each sample.

• @Iostress said:
    +1. Option for auto audition when browsing down the samples with the up/down arrow. Would feel a lot less 'clicky' than having to hit a pad after highlighting each sample.

That would be horrible for playing live or even for not going nuts. Maybe when "Stop" is engaged, but still I think I'd hate it.

• @stormbeats said:

@Iostress said:
    @jimpavloff I'm finding I keep needing to kill some bass on Parts but my filter and insert are already used up :(

Thanks. Yeh man, already using the Part filter as LP tho :/

• @wim said:

@Iostress said:

That would be horrible for playing live or even for not going nuts. Maybe when "Stop" is engaged, but still I think I'd hate it.

Maybe you missed the word 'option' ;)

'Auto audition' option is pretty standard I thought?

• @Iostress said:

@stormbeats said:

@ lostress @jimpavloff yeah - and I dont like that everytime I select a sample then click on the next pad to load a sample the sample browser goes bk to User - Need to be able to stay in the sample window when multi assigning samples to pads - when finished then an option to close sample browser - just a few ergonomic improvements will get this great app to number one - and the sample name on pad as an option would help a lot when chopping samples to pieces

• @Iostress said:

@wim said:

@Iostress said:

Indeed - I did miss the word "option". Fair enough.

But still feels like feature bloat to me.

I think I just need to tune out of this thread. There's this app that I think is the perfect trade off of simplicity and features, and then there's this dizzying thread that feels like the brainstorming session for the design of the space shuttle. I don't want to keep raining on everyone's parade as they burst out with creative ideas. I'm gonna leave y'all in peace and trust that Mr. @jimpavloff will continue to nail that balance.

Bye yall! Have a great time! <3o:)

• @wim said:

@Iostress said:

@wim said:

@Iostress said:

I think I just need to tune out of this thread. There's this app that I think is the perfect trade off of simplicity and features, and then there's this dizzying thread that feels like the brainstorming session for the design of the space shuttle. I don't want to keep raining on everyone's parade as they burst out with creative ideas. I'm gonna leave y'all in peace and trust that Mr. @jimpavloff will continue to nail that balance.

Haha, enjoy!

• @Iostress said:

@stormbeats said:

@Iostress said:

Thanks. Yeh man, already using the Part filter as LP tho :/

ok i hear that - this is why 1 or 2 more fx options per pad is needed - 1 effect is bit too limiting - really we should have access to as many effects we want per pad

• @Iostress said:

@wim said:

@Iostress said:

@wim said:

@Iostress said:

Haha, enjoy!

peace g - i hear ya

• edited January 2018

@jimpavloff said:

@cretakano said:
    This is my favorite app in a long time, great work @jimpavloff! I’m a long time ESX user and you’ve really nailed the vibe and workflow of the hardware. Haven’t looked at the manual yet but like it much more than the ES2 I had briefly.

Found a few bugs today..

After browsing and previewing samples for a while, samples beyond a certain point in the list of folders and files won’t load, and the pads stop lighting up in keyboard mode. It will still load all the previously used samples, but have to restart the app to hear the samples further down the list.

That is definitely a bug, thanks for finding it out! Will investigate it and fix in the update.

I can’t open a list of arpeggiator patterns.. guessing when you tap Pattern 1 in the arpeggiator menu a submenu is meant to pop up like all the other options?

Arpeggiator patterns has no list. You just need to use Value Jog to scroll the available pattern numbers from 1 till 50.

@jimpavloff Thanks! Running into this bug every session now that I'm playing with the samples I've imported.

Ah hadn't even clocked that was a jog wheel! :D Really like the arpeggiator patterns.

Would love the option to expand to a bigger touchpad page, especially when using it on iPhone. A similar size pad to iKaosillator would be great.. really quick and easy way to write melodies on a touchscreen, but it’s way too small to enter notes with any accuracy.

• @jimpavloff is it possible to add a vertical Master volume level meter in the main screen next to the MIXER button it would look smooth and wont have to go into MIXER page to check overall volume level - not a major need just a thought.

• This sound engine has more than enough options to get clean, punchy mixes of any genre folks. Turn those dials and experiment.

• yeah.. i specially apreciate all XFM oscillators, truly awesome psytrance fm leads and arpeggios...

• @jimpavloff an important one here jim -
    in slice mode theres no option to turn of mute group - this is ok for loop chop/slicing but for drums maybe not - I chopped a drum loop When recording the pattern the hats and snares were cancelling out each other
    I thought maybe the pad the drum loop is assigned to might be where I can turn off the mute group - it was set to off - I think you programmed an auto mute for slices - can we have the option in a soon update?

• edited January 2018

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff an important one here jim -
    in slice mode theres no option to turn of mute group - this is ok for loop chop/slicing but for drums maybe not - I chopped a drum loop When recording the pattern the hats and snares were cancelling out each other
    I thought maybe the pad the drum loop is assigned to might be where I can turn off the mute group - it was set to off - I think you programmed an auto mute for slices - can we have the option in a soon update?

My mistake "poly" i keep forgetting

• @stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff How do i transfer a completed track to another ipad ? if can only export a pattern with no sounds?

Is a pattern you have exported to another device sounds different when you press Play button? Are there some sounds missing?

@jimpavloff all sounds missing when i selected Export Pattern- then transfered to my other ipad - the pattern played back fine with correct tempo and effects parameters - in the display says "no sound found"

Can you send me this .pattern.gr16 file for expertise? to jimaudiodsp@gmail.com

@jimpavloff ok give me an hour or 2 and thanks for the input you put in for all us Users really appreciated dude
    peace

@jimpavloff hi Jim pattern file just emailed - if poss can you let me know received

• @stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff How do i transfer a completed track to another ipad ? if can only export a pattern with no sounds?

Is a pattern you have exported to another device sounds different when you press Play button? Are there some sounds missing?

@jimpavloff all sounds missing when i selected Export Pattern- then transfered to my other ipad - the pattern played back fine with correct tempo and effects parameters - in the display says "no sound found"

Can you send me this .pattern.gr16 file for expertise? to jimaudiodsp@gmail.com

@jimpavloff ok give me an hour or 2 and thanks for the input you put in for all us Users really appreciated dude
    peace

@jimpavloff hi Jim pattern file just emailed - if poss can you let me know received

• does groove rider have round robin?

• wimwim
    edited January 2018

@kobamoto said:
    does groove rider have round robin?

No. One sample per pad.

• I haven't followed this thread. Is the manual up to date enough to get me up to speed? Or are there features that have been added post-manual?

• It's been updated as well.

• @ipadthai said:
    I haven't followed this thread. Is the manual up to date enough to get me up to speed? Or are there features that have been added post-manual?

I’ve just read it in fact, very well done and seems to cover everything.

The proof-reading pedant in me is disappointed to spot zero errors.

Picked this up yesterday, lots of fun for not much $.

• @db909 said:
    This sound engine has more than enough options to get clean, punchy mixes of any genre folks. Turn those dials and experiment.

I struggled with it in this area tbh. On 3 out of the 5 patterns i made in it. No issue with using the synth aspect at all. Limited but shapeable. But using user Samples I run out of options fast. Too much low end build-up.

The filter and insert fx always get used for creative sound design. Which leaves no way of reducing bass on a Part when you need to get surgical.

Samples when used chromatically, and especially when pitched down, can be really problematic for bass freq's in ANY software/hardware, it's not a GR16 issue as such. But most other comparable modern grooveboxes have either an EQ per part, or a 2nd filter or 2nd fx slot per part, which can be used to get some separation/headroom back..

These are the kind of problems I imagined I'd hit when I was writing that long list FR list early on. If a 2nd filter or Insert FX is out the question, then a basic eq or HP filter per channel on the mixer would make a HUGE difference in GR16..

Hoping a solution can be added at some point please @jimpavloff