Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• edited January 2018

Deleted.

• @gsm909 said:

@Iostress said:

@stormbeats said:

@Iostress said:

You should check those op1 sample chains dude. All free and all mono :)

sample chains?

Like a drum kit or multisampled instrument that has been sampled to one wav file. With all the separate drum parts/notes/chords placed one after the other. Then you can slice them and play like a drumkit or an instrument in one Part in GR16. Octatrack and Op1 both rely pretty heavily on them for certain capabilities/possibilities. Well worth checking out ;)

These should also be good in Egoist or ReSlice

Egoist looks good...

• @jimpavloff think I might have found a bug. If I have a pattern playing and copy it, then press down arrow to move to new pattern slot and then paste copied pattern, sometimes it doesn’t actually paste. The “init” title of the blank pattern I was pasting to will keep flashing and won’t take on the name of the pasted pattern no matter how many times I press “write”. Even though it says the pattern was pasted, if I go to a different pattern and then back, it wasn’t. This only seems to happen if the patterns are playing. If I press stop before pasting, it’s fine.

Also, the mfx on the touchpad can actually be seen moving around on the touchpad after recording. It would be great to have that same visual help when recording on the touchpad in scale mode. Not totally necessary, but could be very helpful if that’s possible

• @Sygma said:
    Does anyone know if it is possible to ignore posts from specific users in the forum?
    (This thread was initially announcing the release of Grooverider and it became a feature request post to get a completely different app, mostly alimented by 2 users that joined the forum in December and that I wish I could not see their comments here, especially one of them keeping underlining what Grooverider is not or lacks!)

@jimpavloff I wish you good luck with your app, and I feel very sorry for you as you deserve better customers

Pathetic and unnecessary.

• @Sygma said:
    Does anyone know if it is possible to ignore posts from specific users in the forum?

I’d like to know too. You’d think there’d more social awareness on the part of the poster hijacking a thread and making it a PITA for the rest of us to read through.

• Another vote for an ignore button @Michael

• @ipadthai said:

@Sygma said:

I’d like to know too. You’d think there’d more social awareness on the part of the poster hijacking a thread and making it a PITA for the rest of us to read through.

+1

• @DeVlaeminck said:
    Another vote for an ignore button @Michael

+1

• @ipadthai said:

@Sygma said:

Lol none of you complainers are even talking about the app!? Just your grip on the thread. It's petty as hell.

Besides feature requests I've also asked assistance (arpeggio for instance which it turned out other users were confused by too and grateful for clarity) and offered assistance where I could (Bluetooth set and proposed workaround for round Robin). I've given links to sample chains that will work in GR16 that some people might not have been aware of. What have you offered? Your attitude sucks.

And after the first post which got bad reception I held back and requests have been for very minor things, no insults toward the app at all, and for things like tiny workflow refinements with shift+ shortcut combinations. Nothing big (like making it 8 bars for instance...) or irrelevant or belittling toward the app at all. Get over it.

It's become a case of people discussing current and future features and workarounds and the like. And other people now just discussing the thread itself. Which is more constructive?

• @Sygma said:
    (This thread was initially announcing the release of Grooverider and it became a feature request post to get a completely different app, mostly alimented by 2 users that joined the forum in December and that I wish I could not see their comments here, especially one of them keeping underlining what Grooverider is not or lacks!)

@jimpavloff I wish you good luck with your app, and I feel very sorry for you as you deserve better customers

@sygma If you are talking about me then behind the scenes I took time to email the dev about a relevant bug that will be fixed for all of us - no one on this thread is in it for themselves and all want the best for GR - suggestions are welcoming and no one been rude to the dev .

• @stormbeats said:

@Sygma said:

@sygma If you are talking about me then behind the scenes I took time to email the dev about a relevant bug that will be fixed for all of us - no one on this thread is in it for themselves and all want the best for GR - suggestions are welcoming and no one been rude to the dev .

@Sygma To add a dev/developer creates and developes - develop means to enhance -and GR is excellent and as it developes with constructive ideas I guess you won't want to update will you. The question is rhetorical

• @Iostress said:
    It's petty as hell.

The irony is rich.

• @ipadthai said:

@Iostress said:
    It's petty as hell.

The irony is rich.

Just. Talk. About. The. App.

• @stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@Sygma said:

@Sygma To add a dev/developer creates and developes - develop means to enhance -and GR is excellent and as it developes with constructive ideas I guess you won't want to update will you. The question is rhetorical

Lol. v1.1 4eva! Some quite nasty attitudes on this forum. Judgemental, bullying, intolerant, gang mentality, alpha male vibes. Considering how much they all unconditionally love the app why haven't those users been punctuating our posts with tips/tricks/workarounds/praise/links to their GR16 music. So it wasn't such a wash of posts they disagree with or aren't interested in.. It's like they actually have nothing to say about it so everyone else has to wait for them to post, just so everyone gets even share of wall space. Weird... All totally unnecessary really. Not even sure why I'm taking the bait.

• edited January 2018

Deleted

• For what it’s worth, I do think many useful suggestions and help on how to use and improve Groove Rider have been offered on the thread. I have high hopes the developer will continue to be responsive and make an app that I enjoy even better.

• @Iostress said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@Sygma said:

Lol. v1.1 4eva! Some quite nasty attitudes on this forum. Judgemental, bullying, intolerant, gang mentality, alpha male vibes. Considering how much they all unconditionally love the app why haven't those users been punctuating our posts with tips/tricks/workarounds/praise/links to their GR16 music. So it wasn't such a wash of posts they disagree with or aren't interested in.. It's like they actually have nothing to say about it so everyone else has to wait for them to post, just so everyone gets even share of wall space. Weird... All totally unnecessary really. Not even sure why I'm taking the bait.

Probably because everyone else is busy actually using it, rather than constantly making requests of the dev at such a rate that even a team of 20 devs would struggle to keep up with them.

• @Beathoven said:

@Iostress said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@Sygma said:

Probably because everyone else is busy actually using it, rather than constantly making requests of the dev at such a rate that even a team of 20 devs would struggle to keep up with them.

Yeh, for sure. That's definitely the reason. Congrats for fanning the fire and prompting ANOTHER reply. I swear half my posts in this thread have been replies to unnecessary bait like this.

• @Beathoven said:

@Iostress said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@Sygma said:

And at half the time I made a request was WHILE I was using GR16. Posted before I forgot the issue.

• edited January 2018

@ipadthai said:

@Sygma said:

Seriously. It's like watching a nervous breakdown in progress. Rage, demands, conciliation, counterdemands, threats to leave, apologies. It's completely maddening to watch. Absolutely these questions are interesting to some, but if I were to start a GR16 for Beginners thread, would you power users not gum it up?

• This bit:

What's coming in 2018?

My prediction this year is more of a statement of intent. In years past we've expected larger corporations to get on-board with music apps, and we've been mostly disappointed. From private conversations I've gathered that the driving factor that keeps them out is simple economics. From what I hear, all of the large corporations that are currently involved in iOS apps are doing so out of marketing and good will; rather than reaping any profits from their efforts. We can't change that.

The app economy is insane. We expect apps to be around $5-10, and we all benefit from those prices. I haven't bought a VST since I got my first iPad. I'd rather spend $200 on 20 apps than $200 on 1 VST, and for the many amateur musicians here that makes sense. I'm sure there are thousands of people reading this who have never bought a full-priced VST. And why would they? They're not making music to make a profit, so how could they justify spending so much on a VST?

Unfortunately these prices don't make any amount of sense for large companies. Instead of hoping to see more from Moog, or for Roland to suddenly decide to get serious about apps, we need to focus our effort and support behind the independent developers who are already bringing us amazing apps. These individual developers can make apps that are financially viable for themselves, and we need to embrace them as the pillars of this hobby that they are.

I don't think we do enough of that, and as a community I hope we can change that in 2018. Coding is hard. Coding something original is even harder. Music app developers aren't doing it to get rich, or they'd be spending all of their time and effort on making games. Flappy Birds made more in an hour than most music app devs will make from their apps in 10 years. They keep coming back with new apps because they want to provide this community with new music making tools. But we pester the hell out of them for support and feature demands. I can't even count the number of devs who have confessed to a waning interest because they don't want to deal with the inane support emails they get. Or worse yet, the entitled whining for features on forums and Facebook. "I paid $5 for this app back in 2014, why doesn't it have this new technology that was released after it?" Devs have to be polite in their responses because they don't want 1 Star reviews on iTunes. I don't, so I'm going to come out and say it: You're an entitled ass if you think $5 bought you 24/7 support and free updates for life. Revisiting old projects to add features is boring. They'd much rather be working on new apps and new ideas. If we want developers to continue to bring us great new apps, we need to shift our culture away from being entitled and needy. I'm going to try to do my part, and I hope you will too.

• Very fun and immersive app!

Only disappointing point for me so far has been importing with the files app/user files area in the app. Spent some hours going over hard drives and narrowing down to about 10 folders then airdropped these one by one to ipad (no nested folders and none beyond ten characters). Had errors with “helper”and the files app. A few imported folders full of samples won’t play and once I scroll beyond a point in other folders there is no sound.

One of the highlight apps of 2017, look forward to more and cool to see dev interact here. Obviously highly talented and hopefully stoic enough to separate the signal from the noise.

• edited January 2018

@Beathoven said:

This bit:

What's coming in 2018?

My prediction this year is more of a statement of intent. In years past we've expected larger corporations to get on-board with music apps, and we've been mostly disappointed. From private conversations I've gathered that the driving factor that keeps them out is simple economics. From what I hear, all of the large corporations that are currently involved in iOS apps are doing so out of marketing and good will; rather than reaping any profits from their efforts. We can't change that.

The app economy is insane. We expect apps to be around $5-10, and we all benefit from those prices. I haven't bought a VST since I got my first iPad. I'd rather spend $200 on 20 apps than $200 on 1 VST, and for the many amateur musicians here that makes sense. I'm sure there are thousands of people reading this who have never bought a full-priced VST. And why would they? They're not making music to make a profit, so how could they justify spending so much on a VST?

Unfortunately these prices don't make any amount of sense for large companies. Instead of hoping to see more from Moog, or for Roland to suddenly decide to get serious about apps, we need to focus our effort and support behind the independent developers who are already bringing us amazing apps. These individual developers can make apps that are financially viable for themselves, and we need to embrace them as the pillars of this hobby that they are.

I don't think we do enough of that, and as a community I hope we can change that in 2018. Coding is hard. Coding something original is even harder. Music app developers aren't doing it to get rich, or they'd be spending all of their time and effort on making games. Flappy Birds made more in an hour than most music app devs will make from their apps in 10 years. They keep coming back with new apps because they want to provide this community with new music making tools. But we pester the hell out of them for support and feature demands. I can't even count the number of devs who have confessed to a waning interest because they don't want to deal with the inane support emails they get. Or worse yet, the entitled whining for features on forums and Facebook. "I paid $5 for this app back in 2014, why doesn't it have this new technology that was released after it?" Devs have to be polite in their responses because they don't want 1 Star reviews on iTunes. I don't, so I'm going to come out and say it: You're an entitled ass if you think $5 bought you 24/7 support and free updates for life. Revisiting old projects to add features is boring. They'd much rather be working on new apps and new ideas. If we want developers to continue to bring us great new apps, we need to shift our culture away from being entitled and needy. I'm going to try to do my part, and I hope you will too.

All fair enough. But on the flipside you have the fact that most people PAY for apps on ios at all. Small relatively unknown devs possibly make around the same or less $ on desktop software after you take in to account cracked software. And if ios just plain sucks too much for pros and cons, and desktop would really be more profitable for a developer, and money is prime motivation, then just make desktop apps... That's all the Dev's decision to weigh up and decide. Articles like this won't change anything. Things are too far gone.. Similarly our music gets illegally downloaded for free, no one listens to albums any more and we make pittance compared to our parents. This is just the world..

Feature requests exist everywhere. Hardware. Desktop. They're not actual 'demands' ;) they're 'requests'....we're not talking about support/updates 2 years after release. I think that's where the issue lies in this thread. Some people picture a kid at home going 'gimme!gimme!'. Not professional producers/musicians just saying, 'would love to see these features if possible'.

And then you have stuff like VCV rack and Organelle where devs bust their ass for free and the whole community shapes things.

To be honest, does the dev really need users defending him here? I'd be embarrassed. I'm pretty sure he can cope with people that bought his app popping feature requests and he just skims the thread with a pen and paper and ignores half of it and jots down anything he thinks could be good. Talking like 5 or 10 minutes couple times a day.

It's all swings and roundabouts. That article over simplifies and is too sweeping with its whole 'entitled' thing. And at the end of the day, if a dev doesn't want to update somethig... Then just don't update. That's that really... If something is really good it won't matter. Look at Samplr.

But I don't know enough about any of this to really have opinions either way and it feels like a potentially interesting conversation but for a separate thread ;)

Anyway, need to take a break from this place for a few days. The conversation cycle is beyond done to death now. A shame, just wanted to talk about the app and speculate but barely any discussion about production or the app and just bickering. Hopefully the thread will get back on track (whatever that is) in my absence and less 'talk about talk'. Peace.

• @bounce said:
    Very fun and immersive app!

Only disappointing point for me so far has been importing with the files app/user files area in the app. Spent some hours going over hard drives and narrowing down to about 10 folders then airdropped these one by one to ipad (no nested folders and none beyond ten characters). Had errors with “helper”and the files app. A few imported folders full of samples won’t play and once I scroll beyond a point in other folders there is no sound.

One of the highlight apps of 2017, look forward to more and cool to see dev interact here. Obviously highly talented and hopefully stoic enough to separate the signal from the noise.

In the upcoming update file things will become easier. I'm currently implementing AudioShare support, as well as Share/Open In... option and file import from other apps.

• Sounds great, thank you.

• Hi @jimpavloff

Quick question if I may...

Is it possible to play a 'sustained' pcm sample ? Loop options seem to be for, well, loops

thanks

• @jimpavloff said:
    In the upcoming update file things will become easier. I'm currently implementing AudioShare support, as well as Share/Open In... option and file import from other apps.

Audioshare and Open In!! Awesome! Love the app and your dedication!