Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• @jimpavloff said:

@bounce said:
    Very fun and immersive app!

Only disappointing point for me so far has been importing with the files app/user files area in the app. Spent some hours going over hard drives and narrowing down to about 10 folders then airdropped these one by one to ipad (no nested folders and none beyond ten characters). Had errors with “helper”and the files app. A few imported folders full of samples won’t play and once I scroll beyond a point in other folders there is no sound.

One of the highlight apps of 2017, look forward to more and cool to see dev interact here. Obviously highly talented and hopefully stoic enough to separate the signal from the noise.

In the upcoming update file things will become easier. I'm currently implementing AudioShare support, as well as Share/Open In... option and file import from other apps.

@jimpavloff Nice one Jim - thanks :-)

• @stormbeats said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@wim said:

@Iostress said:

@wim said:

@Iostress said:
    +1. Option for auto audition when browsing down the samples with the up/down arrow. Would feel a lot less 'clicky' than having to hit a pad after highlighting each sample.

That would be horrible for playing live or even for not going nuts. Maybe when "Stop" is engaged, but still I think I'd hate it.

Maybe you missed the word 'option' ;)

'Auto audition' option is pretty standard I thought?

Indeed - I did miss the word "option". Fair enough.

But still feels like feature bloat to me.

I think I just need to tune out of this thread. There's this app that I think is the perfect trade off of simplicity and features, and then there's this dizzying thread that feels like the brainstorming session for the design of the space shuttle. I don't want to keep raining on everyone's parade as they burst out with creative ideas. I'm gonna leave y'all in peace and trust that Mr. @jimpavloff will continue to nail that balance.

Bye yall! Have a great time! <3o:)

@wim - there I must agree 100%!

There’s a person in this thread that have posted almost 150 replies alone... Hmmm...
    Yeah, Groove Rider is fantastic, but, it’s a softwaregroove machine, and not as you said; a spaceshuttle... :-)

@wim did you really take time to count replies - and if they were "replies" there must have been questions - all good though it has become the next NASA project to Mars.

For the record,

• That wasn't my comment noting the number of replies.
    • I have no problem with the amount of requests and ideas generated in this thread. My only comment was I'm bowing out because reading and digesting all the dizzying number of ideas was starting to eat into my enjoyment of the product. I tried to make it plain that I wish those who are generating all those ideas the best.
    • IMO anyone who doesn't like the direction of the thread is free at any time to bail out and to start a more focused thread ... which has already happened. :)

Peace! o:)

• @wim said:

@stormbeats said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@wim said:

@Iostress said:

@wim said:

@Iostress said:
    +1. Option for auto audition when browsing down the samples with the up/down arrow. Would feel a lot less 'clicky' than having to hit a pad after highlighting each sample.

That would be horrible for playing live or even for not going nuts. Maybe when "Stop" is engaged, but still I think I'd hate it.

Maybe you missed the word 'option' ;)

'Auto audition' option is pretty standard I thought?

Indeed - I did miss the word "option". Fair enough.

But still feels like feature bloat to me.

I think I just need to tune out of this thread. There's this app that I think is the perfect trade off of simplicity and features, and then there's this dizzying thread that feels like the brainstorming session for the design of the space shuttle. I don't want to keep raining on everyone's parade as they burst out with creative ideas. I'm gonna leave y'all in peace and trust that Mr. @jimpavloff will continue to nail that balance.

Bye yall! Have a great time! <3o:)

@wim - there I must agree 100%!

There’s a person in this thread that have posted almost 150 replies alone... Hmmm...
    Yeah, Groove Rider is fantastic, but, it’s a softwaregroove machine, and not as you said; a spaceshuttle... :-)

@wim did you really take time to count replies - and if they were "replies" there must have been questions - all good though it has become the next NASA project to Mars.

For the record,

• That wasn't my comment noting the number of replies.
    • I have no problem with the amount of requests and ideas generated in this thread. My only comment was I'm bowing out because reading and digesting all the dizzying number of ideas was starting to eat into my enjoyment of the product. I tried to make it plain that I wish those who are generating all those ideas the best.
    • IMO anyone who doesn't like the direction of the thread is free at any time to bail out and to start a more focused thread ... which has already happened. :)

Peace! o:)

cool cool g peace :-)

• edited January 2018

@jimpavloff said:
    I'm currently implementing AudioShare support, as well as Share/Open In... option and file import from other apps.

woooo f*cking great !!! You are becoming one of my favourite iOS devs :-)

• @jimpavloff - Many thanks for AudioShare support! Really enjoying this (the app, not the thread).

• edited January 2018

@jimpavloff said:

@bounce said:
    Very fun and immersive app!

Only disappointing point for me so far has been importing with the files app/user files area in the app. Spent some hours going over hard drives and narrowing down to about 10 folders then airdropped these one by one to ipad (no nested folders and none beyond ten characters). Had errors with “helper”and the files app. A few imported folders full of samples won’t play and once I scroll beyond a point in other folders there is no sound.

One of the highlight apps of 2017, look forward to more and cool to see dev interact here. Obviously highly talented and hopefully stoic enough to separate the signal from the noise.

In the upcoming update file things will become easier. I'm currently implementing AudioShare support, as well as Share/Open In... option and file import from other apps.

Epic greatness! :o

• @db909 said:
    @jimpavloff think I might have found a bug. If I have a pattern playing and copy it, then press down arrow to move to new pattern slot and then paste copied pattern, sometimes it doesn’t actually paste. The “init” title of the blank pattern I was pasting to will keep flashing and won’t take on the name of the pasted pattern no matter how many times I press “write”. Even though it says the pattern was pasted, if I go to a different pattern and then back, it wasn’t. This only seems to happen if the patterns are playing. If I press stop before pasting, it’s fine.

Thanks for pointing this out. It's not a bug however. The thing is you can only do Paste Pattern into the currently loaded pattern. And that pattern, whose cursor is currently flashing, is not a loaded pattern yet. What you did is just pasted into the current played pattern and saved over it, while other (flashing) pattern remained unchanged. I'll add a popup message in this case to remove possible misunderstandings.

• edited January 2018

This is trivial... not a feature request, complaint, or bug report, etc.

Just curious... when I experiment with setting the BPM up to the max of 999, it certainly sounds like it's up there but I can't seriously hear that much difference after about 300-350BPM. Same with some other apps where you can set the BPM up extremely high. Some of them I think I can hear a difference up to maybe 500BPM, but that could be my imagination.

Are these iOS apps really able to deliver on that level of extreme BPM rate? Or, is there a point where average human hearing won't be able to pick up the difference between... say 400BPM and 1000BPM?

I think I can more easily hear the subtle difference in rate if I've added fx, but again... I'm not absolutely certain of that.

• @jimpavloff said:

@db909 said:
    @jimpavloff think I might have found a bug. If I have a pattern playing and copy it, then press down arrow to move to new pattern slot and then paste copied pattern, sometimes it doesn’t actually paste. The “init” title of the blank pattern I was pasting to will keep flashing and won’t take on the name of the pasted pattern no matter how many times I press “write”. Even though it says the pattern was pasted, if I go to a different pattern and then back, it wasn’t. This only seems to happen if the patterns are playing. If I press stop before pasting, it’s fine.

Thanks for pointing this out. It's not a bug however. The thing is you can only do Paste Pattern into the currently loaded pattern. And that pattern, whose cursor is currently flashing, is not a loaded pattern yet. What you did is just pasted into the current played pattern and saved over it, while other (flashing) pattern remained unchanged. I'll add a popup message in this case to remove possible misunderstandings.

Ah thanks for clearing that up. What I was hoping to do was to copy and paste into a new slot without stopping playback. I think your previously proposed idea about having shift+write bring up a little menu of rename, save to new slot, or overwrite might be a solution if it can work

• @db909 said:

@jimpavloff said:

@db909 said:

Ah thanks for clearing that up. What I was hoping to do was to copy and paste into a new slot without stopping playback. I think your previously proposed idea about having shift+write bring up a little menu of rename, save to new slot, or overwrite might be a solution if it can work

+1 more prompts and feedback

Question about pattern lock, presently it prevents the user from leaving the pattern unsaved but I think it would be additionally useful to prevent the user from accidentally overwriting. Say if pattern lock was on, no writing is possible but if the write button is pushed the menu gives the user a prompt as to which slot the pattern can be written to. This would allow the user to write multiple pattern variations (chaining etc) from one pattern and there’s no risk of overwriting the original pattern

• edited January 2018

where are these op-1 samples at?

nvm found it, thanks for the link....

if peace on earth is ever to prevail, it will be because of this GrooveRider thread. :)

• @kobamoto said:

if peace on earth is ever to prevail, it will be because of this GrooveRider thread. :)

Say what? Op-1 samples? Do tell

• Also random totally unnecessary idea, but could be fun and doesn’t seem too complicated (to me).

Shift + type buttons loads a random whatever it is: oscillator/sample, modulator, insert fx, filter

Make the Grooveriding that much more spontaneous

• @db909 said:

@kobamoto said:

strangely I couldn't download them... signed up and everything but keep getting this error message when I click on download....

if you figure it out let me know

https://op1.fun/packs

• wimwim
    edited January 2018

@kobamoto said:

@db909 said:

@kobamoto said:

strangely I couldn't download them... signed up and everything but keep getting this error message when I click on download....

There’s probably a better way, but I was able to do it by saving first to Dropbox, then import to AudioShare, convert to wav, and finally export to files app in the Groove Rider folder.

• oh I didn't mean download them into the app, I couldn't download them from the site.... keep getting this weird message that says 'the change you wanted was rejected' lol, thats kind of dramatic for an error message, but I get it every time I click on the 'download' button for one of the packs....?

• @wim said:

@kobamoto said:

@db909 said:

@kobamoto said:

There’s probably a better way, but I was able to do it by saving first to Dropbox, then import to AudioShare, convert to wav, and finally export to files app in the Groove Rider folder.

Maybe I missed it but how can I know what these are tuned to?

• wimwim
    edited January 2018

@kobamoto said:
    oh I didn't mean download them into the app, I couldn't download them from the site.... keep getting this weird message that says 'the change you wanted was rejected' lol, thats kind of dramatic for an error message, but I get it every time I click on the 'download' button for one of the packs....?

Odd. I don’t get that. It just goes to a page with the safari audio player. From there I can download to Dropbox. I had to use Dropbox because I didn’t see AudioShare or the files app as an option.

• @wim said:

@kobamoto said:
    oh I didn't mean download them into the app, I couldn't download them from the site.... keep getting this weird message that says 'the change you wanted was rejected' lol, thats kind of dramatic for an error message, but I get it every time I click on the 'download' button for one of the packs....?

Odd. I don’t get that. It just goes to a page with the safari audio player. From there I can download to Dropbox. I had to use Dropbox because I didn’t see AudioShare or the files app as an option.

Try using chrome or the Documents by Readle apps for downloading stuff off the web

• ahh @Wim/Lucid ok I will try another browser or iPad and see what's up, my Mac is running Sierra 10.12.2 and safari 10.0.2 and it's not working.

• edited January 2018

Are there any synth presets that can be recalled in this app, or are the included patterns using the default waveforms? In other words, if I find a sound I like in the factory content, how can I save it to a new pattern?

• edited January 2018

@Michael_R_Grant

You have to copy part to you pattern and clear notes and automations copied together with patch settings ..

not real "presets" here .. sound is alway stored in pattern's part ..

• @dendy said:
    @Michael_R_Grant

You have to copy part to you pattern and clear notes and automations copied together with patch settings ..

not real "presets" here .. sound is alway stored in pattern's part ..

Thanks, Dendy!

• @jimpavloff at some stage can you implement an option to copy parameters i.e effects/filter/pitch etc to all pads from a chosen pads parameters?

• edited January 2018

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff at some stage can you implement an option to copy parameters i.e effects/filter/pitch etc to all pads from a chosen pads parameters?

@jimpavloff no rush but an option to type in value parameters - knob controls are working well with shift button but for really detailed parameter control helps a lot especially with aftertouch "shaky hands" :-)

• @stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff at some stage can you implement an option to copy parameters i.e effects/filter/pitch etc to all pads from a chosen pads parameters?

@jimpavloff no rush but an option to type in value parameters - knob controls are working well with shift button but for really detailed parameter control helps a lot especially with aftertouch "shaky hands" :-)

• @jimpavloff if poss can you add sample length in time i.e seconds in the sample edit window?

• @jimpavloff if poss add pad numbers 1-16 in the mixer window

• edited January 2018

Ok, working with the 'edit window', It will be more powerful if we had it full screen (option). 'loop lengths' adjustable from both end/beginning. All the other stuff that GarageBand's Drum Sequencer has is there in Grooverider...

And Midi Out/Export.

• @dendy said:

@DeVlaeminck said:
    Another vote for an ignore button @Michael

+1

These dudes completely fucked up this whole thread... WTF?!