Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• @ginandjuice said:

@dendy said:

@DeVlaeminck said:
    Another vote for an ignore button @Michael

+1

These dudes completely fucked up this whole thread... WTF?!

@ginandjuice Which dudes? Says you with the swearing-

• @ginandjuice said:

@dendy said:

@DeVlaeminck said:

+1

More bait. You aren't helping. Neither the thread or in general relating to the app. You know that right? You're just inciting hatred and shit stirring now..

• @db909 said:

@wim said:

@kobamoto said:

@db909 said:

@kobamoto said:
    where are these op-1 samples at?

nvm found it, thanks for the link....

if peace on earth is ever to prevail, it will be because of this GrooveRider thread. :)

Say what? Op-1 samples? Do tell

strangely I couldn't download them... signed up and everything but keep getting this error message when I click on download....

if you figure it out let me know

https://op1.fun/packs

There’s probably a better way, but I was able to do it by saving first to Dropbox, then import to AudioShare, convert to wav, and finally export to files app in the Groove Rider folder.

Maybe I missed it but how can I know what these are tuned to?

I can't remember what the suggested op1 default key to sample is off hand. And not sure if they all adhere to that anyway.

Worst case just loop the sample in GR16 on one part and find the key by using the synth on another part.

• @Iostress said:

@db909 said:

@wim said:

@kobamoto said:

@db909 said:

@kobamoto said:
    where are these op-1 samples at?

nvm found it, thanks for the link....

if peace on earth is ever to prevail, it will be because of this GrooveRider thread. :)

Say what? Op-1 samples? Do tell

strangely I couldn't download them... signed up and everything but keep getting this error message when I click on download....

if you figure it out let me know

https://op1.fun/packs

There’s probably a better way, but I was able to do it by saving first to Dropbox, then import to AudioShare, convert to wav, and finally export to files app in the Groove Rider folder.

Maybe I missed it but how can I know what these are tuned to?

I can't remember what the suggested op1 default key to sample is off hand. And not sure if they all adhere to that anyway.

Worst case just loop the sample in GR16 on one part and find the key by using the synth on another part.

Thanks i dunno why I didn’t think of that. I should know better lol

• @db909 said:
    Also random totally unnecessary idea, but could be fun and doesn’t seem too complicated (to me).

Shift + type buttons loads a random whatever it is: oscillator/sample, modulator, insert fx, filter

Make the Grooveriding that much more spontaneous

nice + 1

• @Iostress said:

@ginandjuice said:

@dendy said:

@DeVlaeminck said:

+1

More bait. You aren't helping. Neither the thread or in general relating to the app. You know that right? You're just inciting hatred and shit stirring now..

You’re hilarious, please don’t change.

• Back to business...update with AudioShare support is live.

Thanks Jim! This will really help on the iPad 3 / other devices that don’t have the Files app.

• Awesome update @jimpavloff - Thanks!

• @anickt said:
    Awesome update @jimpavloff - Thanks!

+1,000,000

• edited January 2018

Dig in... GrooveRider updated v1.2

• @jimpavloff Thanks Thanks and another well appreciated update Jim - at last a dev who listens to us - means a lot - :-)

• Nice one, implementing new features, incorporating user feedback AND fixing bugs before moving on the next shiny thing ... impressive ... happy to put some $ in that kind of attitude.

• @Empolo said:
    Back to business...update with AudioShare support is live.

Thanks Jim! This will really help on the iPad 3 / other devices that don’t have the Files app.

:o we're back in business!!

• @jimpavloff Confirmed - patterns exported from ipad air2 into my ipad pro with sound -& all fx parameters are exported too
    thanks Jim
    :-)

• Just purchased Groove Rider at the sale price. I’ve never used a real groove box before so I’m a bit confused on where to start, haha!

• @jimpavloff many thanks for this app, the updates and your continued patience to listen and field questions and suggestions.

@Lt_Core found this for you:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/23753/groove-rider-gr16-for-beginners

• @rarien said:
    @jimpavloff many thanks for this app, the updates and your continued patience to listen and field questions and suggestions.

@Lt_Core found this for you:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/23753/groove-rider-gr16-for-beginners

Thank you!! I’ll check it out :)

• @Lt_Core said:
    Just purchased Groove Rider at the sale price. I’ve never used a real groove box before so I’m a bit confused on where to start, haha!

I typically fiddle around and only read the manual as a last resort but recommend doing the opposite if you aren’t familiar with the hardware this closely models:
    https://jimaudio.pro/grooverider/grooverider_manual.pdf

• @jimpavloff Thank you so much for the update especially the shift plus write options!

• @TheVimFuego said:

@Iostress said:

@ginandjuice said:

@dendy said:

@DeVlaeminck said:

+1

You’re hilarious, please don’t change.

Erm.. O-kee-dokes. Great news about the update @jimpavloff thanks!

• @samu I had quick look after installing update but not seeing/understanding how to import from bm3 folder to pad/part like you mentioned. Only from AudioShare. Any chance of a quick ‘step by step’ please dude? Thanks!

• edited January 2018

@db909 said:
    @jimpavloff Thank you so much for the update especially the shift plus write options!

Yeah reload pattern is a big one :) Thanks @jimpavloff !

Hoping will be able to be map this to hardware. Will check the updated manual ASAP.

This might have been already requested but would maybe be good to have a 'save pattern yes/no’ confirmation screen when hitting ‘write’ for standard save. Just in case planning to use the reload function and tweak a pattern to oblivion, then accidentally just hit ‘write’ instead of ‘shift + write’ ;) Possibly easy done on iPad mini or phones. Don’t think a problem on other sizes tho.

• Awesome update! The new EDIT+SLICE mode takes this app to a new level. Cheers Mr. Developer!

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Hi @jimpavloff

Quick question if I may...

Is it possible to play a 'sustained' pcm sample ? Loop options seem to be for, well, loops

thanks

I guess it is not currently possible with user samples.....The looping options being bar based instead of start/end loop points makes this not possible. If you could define those it would work for creating instruments from user samples that allow sustained notes.
    You have to use the instruments for this....are these poison based ? Are we able to create our own ?

• great update !! a hell lot of goodness, thanks !

• @AndyPlankton said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    Hi @jimpavloff

Is it possible to play a 'sustained' pcm sample ? Loop options seem to be for, well, loops

thanks

I guess it is not currently possible with user samples.....The looping options being bar based instead of start/end loop points makes this not possible. If you could define those it would work for creating instruments from user samples that allow sustained notes.
    You have to use the instruments for this....are these poison based ? Are we able to create our own ?

+1 for loop points for user sample instruments.

• @Iostress said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    Hi @jimpavloff

thanks

+1 for loop points for user sample instruments.

+111 for loop points for user sample instruments. This needs to happen.

• @Iostress said:
    @samu I had quick look after installing update but not seeing/understanding how to import from bm3 folder to pad/part like you mentioned. Only from AudioShare. Any chance of a quick ‘step by step’ please dude? Thanks!

Import is still currently only thru AudioShare.
    ’Open In...’ from BM3 or other apps is no workie at the moment (Messaged Jim about this).

When doing export, select open in... as option and ’Save to Files’ browse to the desired folder and tap add.

When document picker support comes it’s the same procedure, browse to a folder, select file and tap add.

I can’t log-in to the forum from my Mac, tried all browsers...

• edited January 2018

@Samu said:

@Iostress said:
    @samu I had quick look after installing update but not seeing/understanding how to import from bm3 folder to pad/part like you mentioned. Only from AudioShare. Any chance of a quick ‘step by step’ please dude? Thanks!

Import is still currently only thru AudioShare.
    ’Open In...’ from BM3 or other apps is no workie at the moment (Messaged Jim about this).

When doing export, select open in... as option and ’Save to Files’ browse to the desired folder and tap add.

When document picker support comes it’s the same procedure, browse to a folder, select file and tap add.

I can’t log-in to the forum from my Mac, tried all browsers...

Ah, OK thanks for explaining. That's a shame about the 'Open in' option from BM3 folders / document picker not being there yet. Not really down for moving and/or duplicating samples from BM3 folder > audioshare > GR16 folder + GR16 cache. Hopefully jim gets on the case :)

• AUDIOSHARE YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome update @jimpavloff ! I just got the update and will be using your app EXCLUSIVELY for my next performance with my band Toaster Music! Video will be on the way.

Now it's time for that Hold feature for the ARP gate. I recommend SHIFT + ARP to lock it down.

Great update. Keep it up!