Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• @jimpavloff said:

@db909 said:
    Is anyone having trouble copying/pasting? I can’t seem to get a part copied from one instrument to another all of the sudden

Seems like a bug, I'll check it out!

Yeah I was just doing the “paste part notes: 4 bars” and nothing gets pasted. There’s no notes when you look in the editor

• @jimpavloff said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

What would be even better is if we got IAA multi outs. @jimpavloff can we please get those ? Would love to add external effects or record stems in real-time in AUM....

In the next update - pattern's stems export and pattern Ableton Live Set export!

Thanks for the update Jim, what about the IAA multi outs mentioned here? I would find that incredibly useful as well. Any plans for that?

• It’s been only three weeks since the amazing Groove Rider GR-16 was released...

And, it must been some kind of record that @jimpavloff has put up seven incredible updates since then!

There’s sooooo much good apps that has been released under 2017, but, Beatmaker 3 and Groove Rider stands out and have made my iPad-life so much happier and fun! Thanks!

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    It’s been only three weeks since the amazing Groove Rider GR-16 was released...

And, it must been some kind of record that @jimpavloff has put up seven incredible updates since then!

There’s sooooo much good apps that has been released under 2017, but, Beatmaker 3 and Groove Rider stands out and have made my iPad-life so much happier and fun! Thanks!

Thanks! I've already posted a new update with 2 small fixes (part's copying and reverb/delay tails), please wait a bit until it falls.

• edited January 2018

@jimpavloff said:
    Thanks, this one to be fixed too, including delays.

man.. you should stop with such fast and great updates, otherwise other developers will look, compared to you, like they are lazy :smiley::smiley: Do you even sleep ???

Stems export is final functionality for me.. don't need nothing more, now app is perfect (for my workflow of course :-)

• They’re getting after it for sure

• Thanks for Ableton export :)
    I do hope BM3 follows through with this too!

• @jimpavloff said:

@Mark B said:
    @jimpavloff There appears to be a bug as I can only get the Hall reverb tail to continue between patterns. The other reverb types get cut. It would also be good if the insert and mfx could continue as if you are using long delays these get cut off.

Export stems is great! I took a project over th BM3 last night and it worked great. (Though after 10 minutes I wasn’t having any fun any more, so went back to GR-16 B) )

Maybe could there be an option to include FX tails in the stem exports at some point?

• edited January 2018

@wim said:

@jimpavloff said:

@Mark B said:
    @jimpavloff There appears to be a bug as I can only get the Hall reverb tail to continue between patterns. The other reverb types get cut. It would also be good if the insert and mfx could continue as if you are using long delays these get cut off.

Export stems is great! I took a project over th BM3 last night and it worked great. (Though after 10 minutes I wasn’t having any fun any more, so went back to GR-16 B) )

Maybe could there be an option to include FX tails in the stem exports at some point?

Do you mean to mix some portion of the fx tails with the start of the loop? i.e. so called "seamless loop"?

• wimwim
    edited January 2018

@jimpavloff said:

@wim said:

@jimpavloff said:

@Mark B said:

Do you mean to mix some portion of the fx tails with the start of the loop? i.e. so called "seamless loop"?

No, I mean exporting all the audio until the FX (delay / Reverb ) stop sounding. In other words, not a fixed length loop, but a full audio export. This way if you take it to another DAW and don’t loop it, the sound doesnt cut off.

Crossfading the loop might be nice, but I rarely have the need for it.

Thanks for listening!

• Well I filled up the first bank. So I’m sharing it with you all. Some of the patterns are related and/or alternate mixes. There’s also a few samples in there that you will get. Hope this is useful. Long live GrooveRider.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y8bbvegj2fkcfhr/db909Patterns.bank.gr16?dl=0

• @jimpavloff The export stems feature is a step in the right direction - is it a possibilty in a future update to choose the stems to export - That would be useful if you have 2 or more patterns that have the same "parts" pattern in all the patterns to export and wont need to have duplicate stems.
    Also if ever GR gets more than 4 bar maximum per pattern i.e 8 or 16 this will take GR16 to even more higher level with the stem export .

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff The export stems feature is a step in the right direction - is it a possibilty in a future update to choose the stems to export - That would be useful if you have 2 or more patterns that have the same "parts" pattern in all the patterns to export and wont need to have duplicate stems.
    Also if ever GR gets more than 4 bar maximum per pattern i.e 8 or 16 this will take GR16 to even more higher level with the stem export .

@jimpavloff If poss- I noticed when doing stem export the MFX was not heard or audible on the stems - I really like the bit crusher in GR and missed that excellent effect you have coded - I have not yet tested if all the GR Insert and send FX are imported with the stems - I will check that and Pan too.
    Peace.

• Sorry for yet another feature request @jimpavloff , but hopefully this is a small one. Could there be a choice for “Stop” or “End” for Chain To? When a pattern set to this would stop playback at the end.

Right now the workaround is to chain to an empty pattern set to “Off”. That’s OK except it’s more work, prone to accidents, and wastes a pattern. No big deal but would be nice.

• Damn App Store! I went to update my review and it was gone. Argh. :s

• @wim said:
    Sorry for yet another feature request @jimpavloff , but hopefully this is a small one. Could there be a choice for “Stop” or “End” for Chain To? When a pattern set to this would stop playback at the end.

Right now the workaround is to chain to an empty pattern set to “Off”. That’s OK except it’s more work, prone to accidents, and wastes a pattern. No big deal but would be nice.

@wim @jimpavloff I Agree 100% Or an option to have a pattern "loop off" option that way you could insert a blank pattern as the last in the chain.

• @stormbeats said:

@wim said:
    Sorry for yet another feature request @jimpavloff , but hopefully this is a small one. Could there be a choice for “Stop” or “End” for Chain To? When a pattern set to this would stop playback at the end.

@wim @jimpavloff I Agree 100% Or an option to have a pattern "loop off" option that way you could insert a blank pattern as the last in the chain.

@wim @jimpavloff My error I didn't realise there's a pattern loop off and re read your post wim

• edited January 2018

@Iostress said:
    Pattern stems and ableton export are nice additions. Great work Mr Jim :)

Would be good to see some kind of solution for getting full performance stems out too.

Probability + live master fx tweaking + jump mode/arpeggio improv are all a big part of the appeal for me in GR16 but all become redundant in pattern stems/ableton export.

@lostress @jimpavloff A solution to get full performance stems could be an export option to set the multi exports of patterns with the choice "multi export Pattern Number "1" to "4" or "pattern names" for instance
    That way you could set the chain order then do the multi export
    For me I think the best way would be a way to multi output GR and record live into another app like AUM etc

• @stormbeats said:

@Iostress said:

Would be good to see some kind of solution for getting full performance stems out too.

Probability + live master fx tweaking + jump mode/arpeggio improv are all a big part of the appeal for me in GR16 but all become redundant in pattern stems/ableton export.

@lostress @jimpavloff A solution to get full performance stems could be an export option to set the multi exports of patterns with the choice "multi export Pattern Number "1" to "4" or "pattern names" for instance
    For me I think the best way would be a way to multi output GR and record live into another app like AUM etc

A note for the future for those, who wants part's multiple outputs. Yes, you would be able to record separate parts in external app. But you won't be able to use and record any MFX and Send FX this way. Because they're only can be applied to the master output. The same for the exporting stems - no MFX and Send FX.

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@Iostress said:

A note for the future for those, who wants part's multiple outputs. Yes, you would be able to record separate parts in external app. But you won't be able to use and record any MFX and Send FX this way. Because they are applied AFTER all the 16 parts are mixed together (the process you want to do in another external app like AUM). The same for the exporting stems - no MFX and Send FX.

• @db909 said:
    Well I filled up the first bank. So I’m sharing it with you all. Some of the patterns are related and/or alternate mixes. There’s also a few samples in there that you will get. Hope this is useful. Long live GrooveRider.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y8bbvegj2fkcfhr/db909Patterns.bank.gr16?dl=0

Thanks there’s some cool stuff in there. Makes a good showcase.

• edited January 2018

@jimpavloff said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@Iostress said:

A note for the future for those, who wants part's multiple outputs. Yes, you would be able to record separate parts in external app. But you won't be able to use and record any MFX and Send FX this way. Because they are applied AFTER all the 16 parts are mixed together (the process you want to do in another external app like AUM). The same for the exporting stems - no MFX and Send FX.

@jimpavloff ok Jim is it possible to implement an option to code the multi stems as audio exports as the same way GR exports a patterns audio as a wave file via the MFX etc.?if not no probs

• @stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@Iostress said:

@jimpavloff ok Jim is it possible to implement an option to code the multi stems as audio exports as the same way GR exports a patterns audio as a wave file via the MFX etc.?if not no probs

What you hear in GR is MFX being applied to the sum of all parts. If you would try to apply MFX on each independent part (as insert fx) and only then sum it up, you would get a drastically different resulting mix.

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@Iostress said:

What you hear in GR is MFX being applied to the sum of all parts. If you would try to apply MFX on each independent part (as insert fx) and only then sum it up, you would get a drastically different resulting mix.

@jimpavloff ok i think my way around this is to do solo's in the mixer window and audio export each part at a time I otherwise will miss those excellent GR effects

• @jimpavloff As of v1.2.3 I can't seem to copy a pads part/sound to another pad - anyone else
    I do as follows
    1.select the pad with the part/sound I want to copy
    2.press COPY button
    3.select pad I want to copy to
    4.press COPY button
    5.In the pop up menu I select Paste Part Sound

Does not copy the Part/Sound

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff As of v1.2.3 I can't seem to copy a pads part/sound to another pad - anyone else
    I do as follows
    2.press COPY button
    4.press COPY button

@jimpavloff ok i read previous posts - your aware of copy/paste bug .

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff As of v1.2.3 I can't seem to copy a pads part/sound to another pad - anyone else
    I do as follows
    2.press COPY button
    4.press COPY button

Jim noted in an earlier post the update with the fix has already been uploaded to the app store, it should appear soon.

• @pfrf said:

@stormbeats said:
    I do as follows
    2.press COPY button
    4.press COPY button

Jim noted in an earlier post the update with the fix has already been uploaded to the app store, it should appear soon.

yep - i backtracked the thread - thanks

• edited January 2018

@jimpavloff the slice pitch control in sample edit is excellent - :-) if ever you want to add volume level controls for slices ...all good as it is though..powerful