Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• @jimpavloff if poss can you make the SHIFT button on/off bit difficult chopping slices holding the shift key

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff if poss can you make the SHIFT button on/off bit difficult chopping slices holding the shift key

@jimpavloff maybe as an option in SETTINGS

• edited January 2018

You can change the pitch, volume (velocity), and duration of the slices in the slice edit window, as well as adding time shift and strokes.
    Edit: and set chance.

• @pfrf said:
    You can change the pitch, volume (velocity), and duration of the slices in the slice edit window, as well as adding time shift and strokes.
    Edit: and set chance.

@pfrf ok cheers for the tip

• You have to tap edit then slice. If you tap slice then edit you end up in seq mode.

• @pfrf said:
    You have to tap edit then slice. If you tap slice then edit you end up in seq mode.

cheers

• wimwim
    edited January 2018

Here’s something I did 100% in GR-16 with only stock sounds, no imports. It’s going up as my WeeklyBeats posting for this week. Not my typical fare, but I had fun.

• edited January 2018

@wim could completely hear Steve Winwood singing over some of this :)

• He wanted to, but we didn’t have a decent mic handy.

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff if poss can you make the SHIFT button on/off bit difficult chopping slices holding the shift key

+20 for this!

• @SMKArtist said:

@stormbeats said:

+20 for this!

This. Maybe via long pressing the SHIFT button?

• @SMKArtist said:

@stormbeats said:

+20 for this!

And make it BIGGER please..

• @klangsulfat said:

@SMKArtist said:

@stormbeats said:

+20 for this!

This. Maybe via long pressing the SHIFT button?

good suggestion

• @yaknepper said:

@SMKArtist said:

@stormbeats said:

+20 for this!

And make it BIGGER please..

i agree 100%

• @jimpavloff and anyone in the know - I'am in slice EDIT STEP page trying to affect different velocity for each slice but all the slices seem to be all globally affected not seperately?

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff and anyone in the know - I'am in slice EDIT STEP page trying to affect different velocity for each slice but all the slices seem to be all globally affected not seperately? Also GR goes back to 127 velocity after using the knob wheel to different parameter values?

• @stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff and anyone in the know - I'am in slice EDIT STEP page trying to affect different velocity for each slice but all the slices seem to be all globally affected not seperately? Also GR goes back to 127 velocity after using the knob wheel to different parameter values?

ok iam sort of working out the step editing now - bit confusing but will meet the challenge

• update out now. The copy/paste works again. I can now resume making FAT LAYERS

• If you could midi map everything - transport, knobs, even buttons (I have an mpd232) this would basically be an app I would make sweet sweet love to every night

• When inputing notes via the pads in step edit mode- how do you change the octave range of the keypad without having to leave edit mode- change it then return to edit mode again?

• edited January 2018

@robosardine said:
    When inputing notes via the pads in step edit mode- how do you change the octave range of the keypad without having to leave edit mode- change it then return to edit mode again?

I believe holding shift changes octaves.

Edit: never mind that’s for pure step editing not pads. The hell are you doing in edit mode anyway?

• wimwim
    edited January 2018

@db909 said:

@robosardine said:
    When inputing notes via the pads in step edit mode- how do you change the octave range of the keypad without having to leave edit mode- change it then return to edit mode again?

Edit: never mind that’s for pure step editing not pads. The hell are you doing in edit mode anyway?

No, you're right. Holding shift changes and touching 1 or 4 moves up or down an octave respectively. Shift-2 or 3 selects octave 2 or 3 respectively.

I think that changed along the way with an update because I don't remember having to hold shift before.

Still gotta know how to shift octaves even when recording rather than editing notes.

• @wim said:

@db909 said:

@robosardine said:

No, you're right. Holding shift changes and touching 1 or 4 moves up or down an octave respectively. Shift-2 or 3 selects octave 2 or 3 respectively.

I think that changed along the way with an update because I don't remember having to hold shift before.

Still gotta know how to shift octaves even when recording rather than editing notes.

Shit I was right. When you record in keys, chords, or slice mode you just hit those buttons no shift required for octaves. Jump and sequence is bars by default. Trigger, mute, erase don’t do anything with those buttons.

• @wim said:

@db909 said:

@robosardine said:

When you're in Keys, Chords or Slice mode, bar buttons will always change the octave.
    When you're in any Edit mode, bar buttons will always change current bar being edited.
    If you're in Edit + Keys/Chords/Slice mode and want to change the octave, not the bar, then hold SHIFT + press bar buttons.

• Has this thread set a record yet with number of posts? Apparently I gave up 786 ago, but do love the app!

• @oddSTAR said:
    Has this thread set a record yet with number of posts? Apparently I gave up 786 ago, but do love the app!

The beat maker3 release thread was twice as long! We haven’t even reached a ridiculous level yet

• wimwim
    edited January 2018

@db909 said:

@oddSTAR said:
    Has this thread set a record yet with number of posts? Apparently I gave up 786 ago, but do love the app!

The beat maker3 release thread was twice as long! We haven’t even reached a ridiculous level yet

If you weed out the 80% or so posts from the BM3 thread that deal with bugs then this one is way ahead. If @jimpavloff really wants to really pull ahead he's going to have to screw up way more often.

• @jimpavloff said:

@wim said:

@db909 said:

@robosardine said:

When you're in Keys, Chords or Slice mode, bar buttons will always change the octave.
    When you're in any Edit mode, bar buttons will always change current bar being edited.
    If you're in Edit + Keys/Chords/Slice mode and want to change the octave, not the bar, then hold SHIFT + press bar buttons.

Ahhh ... thanks for the clarification. That one threw me off. I'm kind of like "when in doubt press shift" mode, so just got around without a whole lot of thought. B)

• edited January 2018

@wim said:

@db909 said:

@oddSTAR said:

If you weed out the 80% or so posts from the BM3 thread that deal with bugs then this one is way ahead. If @jimpavloff really wants to really pull ahead he's going to have to screw up way more often.

@wim i agree - I'am loosing confidence in BM3 the new 3.0.9 has bugs already - UNDO functions etc - also it took some people 7 hours for it to install - for a progrom in the high price bracket I'am not one bit impressed