Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• @jimpavloff Jim I'am not able to copy and paste a "parts" pattern to another pad - here's what I'am doing
    1.Hit pad I want to copy
    2.Press COPY button
    3.Hit pad I want to copy to
    4.Press COPY
    5.Select Paste Pattern
    Nothing happens?
    Version 1.2.4

• edited January 2018

@jimpavloff ok its Paste Part 4notes

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff Jim I'am not able to copy and paste a "parts" pattern to another pad - here's what I'am doing
    1.Hit pad I want to copy
    2.Press COPY button
    4.Press COPY
    5.Select Paste Pattern
    Nothing happens?
    Version 1.2.4

You’re trying to paste the entire pattern. What you want to do is select “paste part notes: 4 bars” also a one bar option. If you select “paste entire part” the sound will be pasted too

• @db909 said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff Jim I'am not able to copy and paste a "parts" pattern to another pad - here's what I'am doing
    1.Hit pad I want to copy
    2.Press COPY button
    4.Press COPY
    5.Select Paste Pattern
    Nothing happens?
    Version 1.2.4

You’re trying to paste the entire pattern. What you want to do is select “paste part notes: 4 bars” also a one bar option. If you select “paste entire part” the sound will be pasted too

ok yeh i kinda worked it out thanks though - its bit confusing.

• @stormbeats said:

@db909 said:

@stormbeats said:
    1.Hit pad I want to copy
    2.Press COPY button
    4.Press COPY
    5.Select Paste Pattern
    Nothing happens?
    Version 1.2.4

ok yeh i kinda worked it out thanks though - its bit confusing.

@db909 @jimpavloff ok I done the "paste part notes" but thats replacing the sound I previouly had on the pad I want to copy the original pads pattern to - basically I want a pad to follow another pad ? Like 2 different kiks playing in tandem together at same time

• @stormbeats “Paste part notes” just pastes the notes. If you already have notes on the pad you’re pasting to, they will be replaced. Whatever sound you have on the pad you are pasting the notes to, that sound will now play the notes. If you want to paste both the notes AND the sound of the original pad, therefore doubling them, you can choose “paste entire part”.

So it comes down to either pasting notes, the sound, or both. I dunno what else to tell you.

• @db909 said:
    @stormbeats “Paste part notes” just pastes the notes. If you already have notes on the pad you’re pasting to, they will be replaced. Whatever sound you have on the pad you are pasting the notes to, that sound will now play the notes. If you want to paste both the notes AND the sound of the original pad, therefore doubling them, you can choose “paste entire part”.

So it comes down to either pasting notes, the sound, or both. I dunno what else to tell you.

@db909 no probs

• @ksound said:
    Is there a quick way to switch imported samples to one-shot? Right now the sample cuts off as soon as I lift my finger from the pad. I can change it in the ADSR settings, but I feel like I’m missing something simple.

Nope. You’re not missing anything. Your options are to sustain the note or crank the release. I hop this becomes an option some day.

• edited January 2018

Is there going to be a prize for the person who makes the 50,000th view of this thread?

• How often do you press record- input notes on the pads- then start twiddling the knobs- then find they keep twiddling by themselves..... once more that flicker of insight as you remember (again) that you are still in record mode?......... Every time!.......me too! :)

• @robosardine said:
    How often do you press record- input notes on the pads- then start twiddling the knobs- then find they keep twiddling by themselves..... once more that flicker of insight as you remember (again) that you are still in record mode?......... Every time!.......me too! :)

Tip: Do not switch off the Metronome on record in settings. This will help you to hear that you are in the record mode.

• edited January 2018

@jimpavloff

I have one last request... (*until the next one).... I miss the option to instantly switch a pattern to the next blinking pattern selected by holding the shift and pressing play.

This allows for things like:

• Quickly auditioning the patterns
    • Creating interesting, instant pattern changes
    • Allows you to instantly restart an all ready running pattern to make sure it is in time with another hardware unit that you can't sync with via midi.

Love the app, can't wait to see what you come up with next.

• Edit: Oh yeah.... and MIDI learn of course. :D
  • edited January 2018

@Telengard said:
    @jimpavloff

I have one last request... (until the next one).... I miss the option to instantly switch a pattern to the next blinking pattern selected by holding the shift and pressing play.

• Allows you to instantly restart an all ready running pattern to make sure it is in time with another hardware unit that you can't sync with via midi.

Never thought of that but you’re right that would be helpful and sensible. But you can audition patterns pretty quickly with a quick press of stop then the pattern.

• @db909 said:

@Telengard said:
    @jimpavloff

I have one last request... (until the next one).... I miss the option to instantly switch a pattern to the next blinking pattern selected by holding the shift and pressing play.

Never thought of that but you’re right that would be helpful and sensible. But you can audition patterns pretty quickly with a quick press of stop then the pattern.

I am just so used to doing it on the electribes that I keep finding myself reaching for the shift button and then the pattern stopping when I hit the play button.

• @Telengard said:
    @jimpavloff

So in this case should it cutoff the old pattern immediately and start the new one from the very beginning?

• @jimpavloff said:

@Telengard said:
    @jimpavloff

So in this case should it cutoff the old pattern immediately and start the new one from the very beginning?

Yes! Exactly that! :)

• @jimpavloff

Should be the other way around. Jog wheel for instantaneous pattern scrolling. Shift play to step through patterns with quantisation.

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    @jimpavloff

Should be the other way around. Jog wheel for instantaneous pattern scrolling. Shift play to step through patterns with quantisation.

Jog wheel already scrolls through patterns if you’re exited from any menus. But it’s not instantaneous. However it scrolls so fast, not sure how accurate it would be. Also, I really like the fast scrolling for finding fx and oscillators quickly/randomly among other things

• If I could only wish for one additional update to this app, it would be an option to expand the size of the touch pad if desired, probably over the area where the synth controls are so it wouldn’t interfere with all the pad functions. Ideally this would be something you could turn on and off very easily, one tap deal. Would be DIVINE. That is all.

• edited January 2018

Somebody has asked for it already in this thread - lets have 16 IAA outputs and a master output for the fx.
    And can we get simple IAA host sync, so it will be possible to record live into hosts like Auria or CUBASIS
    If you could just record in - one take - on 16 tracks - do a couple of fx overdubs with your amazing X Y pad - it would be very heaven. Thanks for listening to us.

• edited January 2018

FYI I’m doing my part recommending the shit out of this app whenever there’s a post somewhere asking about iOS music apps. I want this to be around forever. Some poor guy was looking into iOS and also thinking about dropping cash on a hardware groovebox. Set him straight

• edited January 2018

I popped over to the Korg Electribe Forum to let them know there. I think it’s fair to say that I had a mixed reception :)

• @robosardine said:
    I popped over to the Korg Electribe Forum to let them know there. I think it’s fair to say that I had a mixed reception :)

Happened to see that post. Seemed like they were more pisssd at you for some forum faux pas than they even gave a shit about the app. But in the future let’s not rub anything in Korgs face, I love this app

• I haven't really dug into this app yet. I have both Electribes and bought GR16 to hopefully use alongside them. Is it possible to use an E2 as a controller for the app?

• @db909 said:
    @robosardine said:

Happened to see that post. Seemed like they were more pisssd at you for some forum faux pas than they even gave a shit about the app. But in the future let’s not rub anything in Korgs face, I love this app

There was no faux pas on my part. Nor was there any rubbing anything in Korgs face- I’m not sure what gave you that idea?
    I merely went to the forum (as a former user) and introduced the members there to Grooverider inviting them to check it out should they be interested to do so.

• @NTKK said:
    Somebody has asked for it already in this thread - lets have 16 IAA outputs and a master output for the fx.
    And can we get simple IAA host sync, so it will be possible to record live into hosts like Auria or CUBASIS
    If you could just record in - one take - on 16 tracks - do a couple of fx overdubs with your amazing X Y pad - it would be very heaven. Thanks for listening to us.

Yes please

• @robosardine said:

@db909 said:
    @robosardine said:

There was no faux pas on my part. Nor was there any rubbing anything in Korgs face- I’m not sure what gave you that idea?
    I merely went to the forum (as a former user) and introduced the members there to Grooverider inviting them to check it out should they be interested to do so.

Yeah I believe you. I just skimmed. All good

• edited January 2018

@robosardine said:

I dunno, Groove Rider is my favorite app, and I’d really like to see it not go away from a cease and desist. It seems like a bad idea to post it to a hardware Electribe Korg forum, say it has features “Korg should have implemented”, and to be kinda aggro on your responses. If you’re going to be an ambassador, be an ambassador.

• edited January 2018

@ksound said:

@robosardine said:

I dunno, Groove Rider is my favorite app, and I’d really like to see it not go away from a cease and desist. It seems like a bad idea to post it to a hardware Electribe Korg forum, say it has features “Korg should have implemented”, and to be kinda aggro on your responses. If you’re going to be an ambassador, be an ambassador.

Word. And let’s just leave it at that. We’re all good here, and i love you all. Back to riding those sweet grooves

• From my occasional visits to the Korg Forum, they seem to pay very little or no attention to users conments. I’m not even sure its monitored by Korg. I certainly don’t recall seeing any official moderators, so probably not much to worry about.