Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• Man the app is really bonkers. It's more than an Electribe 2
    I love how he did the sample slicing part. I just love it.

• @alecsbuga said:
    Man the app is really bonkers. It's more than an Electribe 2
    I love how he did the sample slicing part. I just love it.

and more updates on the way - GR16 is the future.

• Consumed my commute today, nearly missed my station ... a Good Sign.

I don’t mind the graphic style actually.

• @TheVimFuego said:
    Consumed my commute today, nearly missed my station ... a Good Sign.

I know the feeling. I was playing around at the office while having my coffee and what do you know? It's 12pm :))

I actually offered some ideas to the dev about some design changes.
    The easy way would be like Korg iElectribe has it: to set a background image/texture from your Camera roll.

• @alecsbuga said:

@TheVimFuego said:

I know the feeling. I was playing around at the office while having my coffee and what do you know? It's 12pm :))

The easy way would be like Korg iElectribe has it: to set a background image/texture from your Camera roll.

@jimpavloff @alecsbuga that sounds cool - i was going to ask the dev about UI skin import options

• @stormbeats said:

@alecsbuga said:

@TheVimFuego said:

@jimpavloff @alecsbuga that sounds cool - i was going to ask the dev about UI skin import options

@alecsbuga how does the korg image thing work?

• @stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@alecsbuga said:

@TheVimFuego said:

I’d rather see him spend his time on something that would impact the production capabilities like extra fx slots etc.

• @anickt said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@alecsbuga said:

@TheVimFuego said:

I’d rather see him spend his time on something that would impact the production capabilities like extra fx slots etc.

yep true - i emailed him about that and a eq&compressor for the master channel - we'll see - that will really help with doing mixing all within GR

• It would help I’m sure, but I actually have quite enjoyed the mixes I’m getting with it as is. Those filter types reward experimentation and if I’m turning a knob, I might as well be recording it. It’s all right there, might as well automate everything at least a little bit

• @stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@alecsbuga said:

@TheVimFuego said:

It works Iike this on the iElectribe

• Once upon a time Brice did a whole bunch of them, but they seem to be gone now

https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/52/h1ghpowh1x43.jpg

• I’ve made a draft sketch for Groove Rider also. If Jim agrees I can do a full blown version

• Sorry Alecs but that’s less informative than the original so not progress in my book.

• Well it’s a draft. I haven’t put all the labels on it. Focus on the background texture.

• @alecsbuga said:
    Well it’s a draft. I haven’t put all the labels on it. Focus on the background texture.

It’s not the labels, it’s the light above each pad that tells me instantly which part I’m working on which have been removed from your draft.

• edited February 2018

@alecsbuga said:
    I’ve made a draft sketch for Groove Rider also. If Jim agrees I can do a full blown version

I like it - maybe make some ableton inspired knobs in 3D? And darker pads would also be nice.

• Yeah pads are rubbish atm. I was aiming for a maschine plies design

I just wanted to test how it looks without that blue background

• @alecsbuga said:
    Yeah pads are rubbish atm. I was aiming for a maschine plies design

I just wanted to test how it looks without that blue background

Pads look fine just need to be a lot brighter

• Who cares what the pads look like? If we’re gonna do skins, im thinking it should be the whole thing. Like one where it’s all green and black matrix style, vintage wood grain look, the classic bright white and pale blue “Nexus” look, etc

• edited February 2018

I just want it painted black with red higlights - and i have my pads the same way.
    And please change the type to helvetica or something that is close it.

• edited February 2018

@db909 you're opening a can of worms there. This was a discussion we had about BM3 and we got into feature requests including emoji support and a cotton candy pink Hello Kitty theme. :D

• He is still right - it sounds fucking great - so who would care about an interface upgrade.

• @NTKK said:

@alecsbuga said:
    I’ve made a draft sketch for Groove Rider also. If Jim agrees I can do a full blown version

I like it - maybe make some ableton inspired knobs in 3D? And darker pads would also be nice.

@alecsbuga not bad dude - i think the multi colours are bit distracting - good effort though - i was thinking more along the lines of the electribe colours and knobs though that may be a copywrite infringement - the pads as Jim has designed are cool as they are - the trackpad you designed would need the red lines like the original very useful for MFX hold settings.

• @NTKK said:
    I just want it painted black with red higlights - and i have my pads the same way.
    And please change the type to helvetica or something that is close it.

yep black and red - smooth

• More importantly for me would be an inbuilt sampler allowing Inter app sampling/sampling via soundcard into GR and 30sec sampling time or more if poss then can put my "sample crates/folders all in GR - no more need to chop my Samples in Audioshare due to 16sec max time for samples /2 Insert effects per pad/Master Compressor and Master Eq/Insert fx compressor /8 bar patterns - this already powerful app with these features would mean can do all in GR - no other app needed for mixing - happy as it is though just my thoughts
    peace.

• @stormbeats said:
    More importantly for me would be an inbuilt sampler allowing Inter app sampling/sampling via soundcard into GR and 30sec sampling time or more if poss then can put my "sample crates/folders all in GR - no more need to chop my Samples in Audioshare due to 16sec max time for samples /2 Insert effects per pad/Master Compressor and Master Eq/Insert fx compressor /8 bar patterns - this already powerful app with these features would mean can do all in GR - no other app needed for mixing - happy as it is though just my thoughts
    peace.

Good thoughts too!

• Keeping the thread alive...
    Loving this old-school demo by Jim :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EOT-3BvXYc

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    @db909 you're opening a can of worms there. This was a discussion we had about BM3 and we got into feature requests including emoji support and a cotton candy pink Hello Kitty theme. :D

Missed that, everything should be available in cotton candy pink Hello Kitty.