Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• @Samu said:
    Keeping the thread alive...
    Loving this old-school demo by Jim :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EOT-3BvXYc

This demo will be added to the factory patterns in the new update. It contains several of the new step trigger conditions examples, which allow 4 bar pattern sound like an 8 bar pattern (with some fills/sounds added on the second pattern's pass).

• edited February 2018

@Samu said:
    Keeping the thread alive...
    Loving this old-school demo by Jim :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EOT-3BvXYc

Man the thing sounds ah-mazing! And it's really easy to use. Especially if you're familiar with the electribes. I guess I'm this extatic since I was about to purchase an electribe 2 sampler. And this saved my wallet

• Here's my live jam https://youtu.be/mksF4MIi8IY
    What do you guys think?

• I keep skinning of GR in my mind. In one of the following updates, I will add an option to adjust interface background's color: brightness, hue and saturation.

• @alecsbuga said:
    Here's my live jam https://youtu.be/mksF4MIi8IY
    What do you guys think?

Sounds mega. This is the first thing I heard somebody did with GR, which sounds complete and professional enough. Keep it up!

• @jimpavloff said:

@alecsbuga said:
    Here's my live jam https://youtu.be/mksF4MIi8IY
    What do you guys think?

Sounds mega. This is the first thing I heard somebody did with GR, which sounds complete and professional enough. Keep it up!

Thanks Jim. Glad you like it. Glad to hear about the hue saturation feature.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    @alecsbuga - good job :)

Thanks. @jimpavloff It would be nice to have a Midi Map settings page to map all the controls. Right now I have a LaunchKey Mini and that doesn't have a Midi Editor.

I'm waiting for the Korg NanoKey Studio to arrive today. It will be a blast to use Groove Rider with proper knobs :D

• @alecsbuga said:

I'm waiting for the Korg NanoKey Studio to arrive today. It will be a blast to use Groove Rider with proper knobs :D

Enjoy the nanoKey Studio. It's a total blast with Korg Gadget!

Worth noting is that the default built-in scenes have the knobs pre-mapped to cover a wide range of CC's when using it with other other apps than Gadget and it's pretty smooth to switch the scenes (scene + drumpads) meaning you have access to 64 'knobs' with minimal fuss :)

• @Samu said:

@alecsbuga said:

Enjoy the nanoKey Studio. It's a total blast with Korg Gadget!

Worth noting is that the default built-in scenes have the knobs pre-mapped to cover a wide range of CC's when using it with other other apps than Gadget and it's pretty smooth to switch the scenes (scene + drumpads) meaning you have access to 64 'knobs' with minimal fuss :)

Yeah I know. I'm going to create a scene especially for Groove Rider since it has fixed CC's atm.

• Updated

• @jimpavloff
    Thanks for adding features to this great app.

Where do I find these “notes” to learn about the new step editing options?

• edited February 2018

@RJB said:
    @jimpavloff

Just tap the EDIT button in Sequencer mode, and the step sequencer will appear in the display.

• @echoopera said:

@RJB said:
    @jimpavloff

Just tap the EDIT button in Sequencer mode, and the step sequencer will appear in the display.

Ah, musical notes not written notes :D guess i’ll have to wait for the manual update to understand what they all mean.

• edited February 2018

1.2.5 released today:

In this version:

• added IAA host sync with transport control support;
    • added an icon on the display, indicating that either Link or IAA sync is currently active;
    • velocity pads feature added (vertical and radial type), which can be turned on for specific part in the Part parameters menu;
    • SHIFT button's touch area expanded;
    • now you can press Shift+Play to immediately play newly selected (blinking) pattern during playback without having to wait for current pattern to end;
    • added: in the Patterns selector, left-swipe pattern's name to reveal the red "Init" button;
    • added: chain stop option for patterns chaining;
    • added: arpeggiator hold, tap the TouchPad with the second finger while holding the first one (or tap Shift+TouchPad as an alternative);
    • added step trigger conditions in the notes editor. They can be assigned to every note by changing the "Condition" parameter (previously called "Chance");
    • tapping the BPM in the top header of display now immediately opens the pattern's tempo parameter menu for convenience;
    • part color icon in the bottom right corner of display is replaced with the Mute icon, which indicates, if selected part is currently being muted or not. Tapping this icon will mute/unmute selected part without needing to enter the MUTE mode;
    • fixed: arpeggiator was gradually going out of sync with the pattern, if was played in the long run;
    • fixed: stems/audio export was incorrect when the Link sync was on and connected;
    • 8 new factory patterns added ("Back to the Roots" track), which contains new step trigger conditions written in its notes as an example;
    • lots of minimal bug fixes.
  • Just when I think I'm getting a handle on it....

https://media.giphy.com/media/ewelN8qzxQqNG/giphy.gif

• edited February 2018

Love the arpeggiator latch. Very useful for getting it up and going right away before you start sculpting. But still the only thing I really wish for is expandable touchpad that won’t interfere with the pads and their functions, but could be a page like the mixer I suppose . Reason being the touchpad is the only way to play notes and play the erase button simultaneously which makes for a very fun workflow. This will be even more fun now in conjunction with the arpeggiator latch. Unless of course there could be an optional erase mode setting whereby the erase function is triggered simultaneously with every key/pad press as you record new notes, then that might be as cool or cooler, can’t decide. Anyways, Thanks for another great update @jimpavloff

• @jimpavloff nice one Jim cheers for the update some good additions - quick question "SHIFT Buttons Touch Area Expanded" - did you mean the button size or the features expanded as the button size is the same a previous versions - not a complaint in any way just double checking -

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff nice one Jim cheers for the update some good additions - quick question "SHIFT Buttons Touch Area Expanded" - did you mean the button size or the features expanded as the button size is the same a previous versions - not a complaint in any way just double checking -

It means Shift button became bigger in size (easier to press with a finger).

• edited February 2018

Has anyone tried using this with the Arturia beatstep? They kind of look made for each other and I’ve just seen one going cheap

• I’ve figured out the trigger conditions apart from NPAR. How does this one work?

• @jimpavloff

Have to say it again: "You rock!"

• @jimpavloff great work! Much faster workflow thanks to the shift play feature.

• @Mark B said:
    I’ve figured out the trigger conditions apart from NPAR. How does this one work?

NPar grabs the trigger condition state from the Neighboring Part (the part with previous number). Same as "NEI" in Elektron devices.

• @jimpavloff said:

@Mark B said:
    I’ve figured out the trigger conditions apart from NPAR. How does this one work?

NPar grabs the trigger condition state from the Neighboring Part (the part with previous number). Same as "NEI" in Elektron devices.

It is absolutely unreal that you have cracked the Elektron conditional-trigger code. Mightily impressed. And so fast! (And at no cost to me, either, so I'll buy Poison 202, even though I really can't stand Prodigy.)

Here's my request: A video tutorial on importing and slicing a sample. A video tutorial on using the conditional trigs.

Thanks again, @jimpavloff

• @jimpavloff,

P-locks? Wow, sounds interesting just downloaded the manual.

Quick question: will GR-16 sync to Digitakt if I run it in standalone mode, slaved to DT?

Can it receive notes from external midi source?....sorry there are 60+pages

• @soundklinik said:
    @jimpavloff,

P-locks? Wow, sounds interesting just downloaded the manual.

Quick question: will GR-16 sync to Digitakt if I run it in standalone mode, slaved to DT?

Can it receive notes from external midi source?....sorry there are 60+pages

It can definitely receive notes from other apps, I’ve done it - so it will almost certainly receive notes from external midi too.

• https://www.elektron.se/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Octatrack-MKII-User-Manual_ENG-2.pdf#page66

12.12 Conditional Locks
    Octatrack manual reference, similar to Groove Rider, use this until the GR-16 manual is updated.

• Thanks @BiancaNeve and @RJB.

Sounds great