Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• edited February 2018

@jimpavloff said:

@Mark B said:
    I’ve figured out the trigger conditions apart from NPAR. How does this one work?

NPar grabs the trigger condition state from the Neighboring Part (the part with previous number). Same as "NEI" in Elektron devices.

Is it possible to get a video on this trig stuff..
    thanks..
    U

Edit.. someone did post this here sometime ago..

https://youtu.be/dzBIAxBgu6M

• How do I trigger a fill?

• @NTKK said:
    How do I trigger a fill?

Hold the shift button.

• Manual has been updated for trigger conditions :)

• This is how you do application development. Very impressive.

• @gusgranite said:
    This is how you do application development. Very impressive.

@gusgranite @jimpavloff i agree 100% Jim is the dude :-)

• @fishgutt said:
    Manual has been updated for trigger conditions :)

cheers for the heads up

• @stormbeats said:

@gusgranite said:

Jim is the shizzle fo rizzle ;)

• edited February 2018

@LucidMusicInc said:

@stormbeats said:

@gusgranite said:

Jim is the shizzle fo rizzle ;)

@LucidMusicInc @jimpavloff If InterApp sampling and sampling via soundcard with the option to choose the left or right channel of the stereo sample gets implemented even as a paid upgrade I will for sure pay for this - I asked Intua for this and they managed to code it - though no rush for GR as Jim has done a great job thus far -

• @jimpavloff In a future update if we could get numerical number values in the sample edit window that would be excellent - useful when wanting to create a Haaz effect i.e 2 copies of the same sample then editing the start point of one of the samples in milliseconds then panning one sample left and the other right onto 2 pads giving a wide stereo image - you know the oldschool mixing trick .

• @jimpavloff this is what I mean by having numerical values in the sample edit window.

• For ease of finding

https://www.jimaudio.pro/grooverider/grooverider_manual.pdf

Though not sure I quite get all the features now.

• @jimpavloff

Could we possibly get midi out so we could use your groovy swing templates and trig conditions on external apps? Pleaaaaaseeeee??? :D

• Probably getting too short sighted in my old age, but I can’t find the midi mappings in the manual.
    I bought the cheap beatstep I saw but now I can’t make it work properly.

• My latest groove rider creation, lots of automation on this:

• @db909 said:
    My latest groove rider creation, lots of automation on this:

Pretty cool! Some crazy sounds in there!

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Probably getting too short sighted in my old age, but I can’t find the midi mappings in the manual.

last page in section 7

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    @jimpavloff

Could we possibly get midi out so we could use your groovy swing templates and trig conditions on external apps? Pleaaaaaseeeee??? :D

Add me to that list.. even as an IAP..

• @Telengard said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    Probably getting too short sighted in my old age, but I can’t find the midi mappings in the manual.

last page in section 7

Thanks, I saw that but it’s the midi note values that I’m trying to work out. They also seem to change depending on the mode.

In Trigger mode for example C0 will “press” pad 1 c#0 will press pad 2 etc but when you switch to a different mode say sequence they don’t anymore.

• whoa. I just realized how cool it would be if there was simply a “play random patterns until I hit stop” option. For those times when you want to get super self indulgent and just listen to your shit and see what sticks out.

• @jimpavloff Is there any way you can add multi export chained patterns audio?

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff Is there any way you can add multi export chained patterns audio?

Yes, I'm thinking about possibility to add Chained pattern audio export in the future.

• @jimpavloff said:
    Yes, I'm thinking about possibility to add Chained pattern audio export in the future.

@jimpavloff any thoughts on implementing the event recorder as it exists in electribe 2?
    That was feature had great usefulness for me, but I might be a fringe case.

Thanks for a great app and even better follow through. Keep on keepin' on

• I just set up a chain, but the first pattern in the chain isn’t going to the next pattern.
    If I shift to the next patter manually the whole chain is activated and running - even if I loop the last pattern to the first. Is this the way it’s Supposed to be?

• edited February 2018

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff Is there any way you can add multi export chained patterns audio?

@jimpavloff excellent - cheers for the hard work your putting in Jim - I know I mentioned before but if GR gets sampling via Inter App and via soundcard through Apple Camera Connection kit - nothing will beat GR on ioS

• @NTKK said:
    I just set up a chain, but the first pattern in the chain isn’t going to the next pattern.
    If I shift to the next patter manually the whole chain is activated and running - even if I loop the last pattern to the first. Is this the way it’s Supposed to be?

No, it seems like a bug, I'm going to test it.

• @jimpavloff any clues as to what midi notes control what and are they different in different modes?
    I can’t find the info in the manual, but have worked out that in trigger mode C0 will trigger pad one and each note up from there

But if I change mode they don’t anymore.

• @jimpavloff said:

@NTKK said:
    I just set up a chain, but the first pattern in the chain isn’t going to the next pattern.

@NTKK @jimpavloff Chaining is working ok for me Are you selecting other patterns before saving the chained ones - you got to save the chains by pressing WRITE button - that might be the error

• @stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@NTKK said:

@NTKK @jimpavloff Chaining is working ok for me Are you selecting other patterns before saving the chained ones - you got to save the chains by pressing WRITE button - that might be the error

working fine here.

• @wim said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@NTKK said:

working fine here.

I've found a bug with the chaining and will fix in the next update. It shows up mainly when the pattern is 1 bar length - the chain won't switch.