Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• @jimpavloff @db909 Jim db909 made a great suggestion now experimenting with small pitch adjustments on the right channel to manipulate manual stereo imaging The pitch numbers are in quite large increments though Not a major issue but is there anyway you can reduce the pitch number increment values - using the SHIFT then Pitch dial I'am getting even semi tones which is cool without the SHIFT Button though the Pitch numbers are in big increments can these be reduced also the aftertouch on the Pitch dial is a bit jumpy / aftertouch. No worries either way though and thanks again db909

• Don’t forget shift works with jog wheel as well for fine adjustments of time shift. In case you didn’t know

• @db909 said:
    Don’t forget shift works with jog wheel as well for fine adjustments of time shift. In case you didn’t know

@db909 @jimpavloff Dude the samples are now sounding amazing thanks I also copied a 3rd one and centered the 3rd pad and controlling the volume If GR gets sample direct to pad with the sound I'am now getting by stereo manipulation and maybe a compressor - nothing will beat GR - jim has really gone deep on the sound codiing can really hear it now - peace

• edited February 2018

@stormbeats said:

@db909 said:
    Don’t forget shift works with jog wheel as well for fine adjustments of time shift. In case you didn’t know

@db909 @jimpavloff Dude the samples are now sounding amazing thanks I also copied a 3rd one and centered the 3rd pad and controlling the volume If GR gets sample direct to pad with the sound I'am now getting by stereo manipulation and maybe a compressor - nothing will beat GR - jim has really gone deep on the sound codiing can really hear it now - peace

@db909 though i just remembered it will go back to mono - cool as it is though -
    @jimpavloff Any plans in future to resample to Stereo - no worries if cant be done though

• Really loving the conditions in the step editor, so easy to add variations to even a single bar. Wonder if there are plans to add Retrig for even more variation?

• @RJB said:
    Really loving the conditions in the step editor, so easy to add variations to even a single bar. Wonder if there are plans to add Retrig for even more variation?

'Stroke' is already there for Retrig.

• Is there any chance of having some kind of gate time control on the Touchpad? :p

• @robosardine said:
    Is there any chance of having some kind of gate time control on the Touchpad? :p

There are about 30 different arpeggiator patterns. Check there first. >:)

• @Samu said:

@RJB said:
    Really loving the conditions in the step editor, so easy to add variations to even a single bar. Wonder if there are plans to add Retrig for even more variation?

'Stroke' is already there for Retrig.

Stroke is awesome too but I’m wondering about adding a true Retrig option like the one in Elektron Analog Rytm where you can set separate lengths and rates on individual steps.

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@robosardine said:
    Is there any chance of having some kind of gate time control on the Touchpad? :p

There are about 30 different arpeggiator patterns. Check there first. >:)

I don’t want it for playing arpeggios- I want it like the one one the Monotribe or the Monologue which gates the note of your sequence.

• @robosardine said:

Isn't the same thing as the Slicer master FX?

• @wim said:

@robosardine said:

Isn't the same thing as the Slicer master FX?

I can see why you would have thought this- but it’s not the same. If you go to ‘gate edit’ and put in random gate times you will hear the difference. A gate controller lets you do this as a live performance tool- it’s a great option to mix in.

• @robosardine what do you need the gate time for I’m curious? As just an optional effect for already recorded sequences or you want to control the gate in real time as you play on the touchpad? If it’s the latter I would hope it would be STRICTLY OPTIONAL. That thing is already small enough I don’t want to limit playing area based on gates

• Was thinking about a bigger touchpad. There could be a toggle button on the header near the mixer view button. When pressed, the synth controls disappear and the touchpad fills that space. The space previously occupied by the touchpad would simply have the arpeg, scale, mfx, and hold buttons in a bigger size. Pretty pretty please. I’d pay money for this too.

• edited February 2018

@db909 said:
    Was thinking about a bigger touchpad. There could be a toggle button on the header near the mixer view button. When pressed, the synth controls disappear and the touchpad fills that space. The space previously occupied by the touchpad would simply have the arpeg, scale, mfx, and hold buttons in a bigger size. Pretty pretty please. I’d pay money for this too.

+1 .. Suggested this earlier in the thread, would be so good for using GR on iPhone. Love the touchpad but it's a bit too small to use on the phone screen.

If the big touchpad page kept the transport controls, track select and mutes at the bottom, it would be like a way better iKaossilator.

Love the trig conditions in the last update. If you could somehow add Elektron style ctrl-all and retrig that would be amazing.

Actually sold my Digitakt as found myself using GR more due to the extra tracks and polyphony!

• edited February 2018

@cretakano said:

@db909 said:
    Was thinking about a bigger touchpad. There could be a toggle button on the header near the mixer view button. When pressed, the synth controls disappear and the touchpad fills that space. The space previously occupied by the touchpad would simply have the arpeg, scale, mfx, and hold buttons in a bigger size. Pretty pretty please. I’d pay money for this too.

+1 .. Suggested this earlier in the thread, would be so good for using GR on iPhone. Love the touchpad but it's a bit too small to use on the phone screen.

If the big touchpad page kept the transport controls, track select and mutes at the bottom, it would be like a way better iKaossilator.

Yup you get it.

• If poss can any one upload a step by step vid tutorial or post a step by step tutorial of the Trig Conditions using Grooverider - I tried to watch the Electribes stuff but confusing as
    Thanks in advance

• @stormbeats said:
    If poss can any one upload a step by step vid tutorial or post a step by step tutorial of the Trig Conditions using Grooverider - I tried to watch the Electribes stuff but confusing as
    Thanks in advance

There’s a good vid at top of page 62.

Basically you’re giving a note in the sequencer a rule, like only play 42% of the time, only play the 4th time the pattern loops, only play when Shift is being pressed etc.

• @cretakano said:

@stormbeats said:
    If poss can any one upload a step by step vid tutorial or post a step by step tutorial of the Trig Conditions using Grooverider - I tried to watch the Electribes stuff but confusing as
    Thanks in advance

There’s a good vid at top of page 62.

Basically you’re giving a note in the sequencer a rule, like only play 42% of the time, only play the 4th time the pattern loops, only play when Shift is being pressed etc.

@cretakano ok thanks for tip

• @db909 said:
    @robosardine what do you need the gate time for I’m curious? As just an optional effect for already recorded sequences or you want to control the gate in real time as you play on the touchpad? If it’s the latter I would hope it would be STRICTLY OPTIONAL. That thing is already small enough I don’t want to limit playing area based on gates

It’s a great effect either for recorded sequences or playing live. It can change the whole dynamic of the groove easily and quickly- moving between shorter and longer notes instantly- all varied by a stroke of your finger- or tapping it randomly. In my book it is just as valuable and gets used just as much as cutoff and res when it’s available to me. It’s one of these things that once you have had it- you don’t want to be without it.
    It could be switched on or off.

• @jimpavloff Is it true your developing a "super app" ?If so I look forward to it

• @jimpavloff or anyone is there anyway to delete samples from the User folder - there's no folder in the GR Files.app - if poss can we get an update for this as seem no way to delete no longer needed samples in User folder.

• @jimpavloff It's ok for now as I created a sample import folder in GR files.app

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff It's ok for now as I created a sample import folder in GR files.app

:p Congrats!

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff or anyone is there anyway to delete samples from the User folder - there's no folder in the GR Files.app - if poss can we get an update for this as seem no way to delete no longer needed samples in User folder.

I think you can swipe to delete in that list

• @alecsbuga said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff or anyone is there anyway to delete samples from the User folder - there's no folder in the GR Files.app - if poss can we get an update for this as seem no way to delete no longer needed samples in User folder.

ok will try that

• edited February 2018

@stormbeats said:

@alecsbuga said:

@stormbeats said:

ok will try that

@alecsbuga @jimpavloff Swipe delete of samples in main window (all folders) is not working

• edited February 2018

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@alecsbuga said:

@stormbeats said:

ok will try that

@alecsbuga @jimpavloff Swipe delete of samples in main window (all folders) is not working

Try swiping more >:)

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@alecsbuga said:

@stormbeats said:

ok will try that

Try swiping more >:)

@LucidMusicInc i think your bored today - message you on fb in a short while g

• The swipe is a little finicky but it works