Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• But does Grooverider have those effects?

• @jimpavloff said:

@TheVimFuego said:

@rs2000 said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    With Link and a wifi connection you can link up two iPads. To get external gear syncing, maybe not so easy yet.

That's exactly the point.

@DMfan said:
    Hello!

Newbie question here exploring GR-16 and sound synthesis in general: when selecting waveforms there are some abbreviations I haven´t come across before. I am sure experienced people get what they are right away but I don´t understand what they mean pure and simple and I don´t get what they "do" or "add" if selected. There are no explanations for them in the manual either and I can´t figure them out. Anyone wanna shed some light please?

It´s open goal here people, probably just bad luck in my thinking:-).

10ct
    20ct
    Sync
    Ring
    Xfm
    Harmonic

Regards,
    DMfan

Stick me in the noob category too, I have no clue either but I do know this thing swallows up my commute and is in my “potential missed train stop” folder.

The skin customisation thing goes above and beyond.

+1 for MIDI out thing, obviously. Will pay happily ...

Something like that:
    1Oct: two oscillators, detuned +/- 1 octave range maximum;
    2Oct: two oscillators, detuned +/- 2 octaves range maximum;
    Sync: one oscillator is modulated by the second using Sync modulation
    Ring: ring modulation used
    Xfm: one oscillator is modulated by the second using Xfm (cross-fm) modulation
    Harmonic: two oscillators, one is main and the second's oscillator's pitch is tuned to be a harmonic of the 1st oscillators pitch.

Ta!

• @Telstar5 said:
    But does Grooverider have those effects?

No

• Anyone having success syncing Navichord with GR-16 and getting them to both start on time in AUM to record the chords?

• @jimpavloff sorry if this has been reported, but deleting user folders within the app crashes the app to the home screen, it’s still in the background, and the folders ARE deleted properly but ...yeah. I’m on 6s 11.2.1

• edited February 2018

Jim mentioned chained pattern multi stem audio export is something he's thinking about - hope it happens and with multi outputs too - I cant put GR down - best app I used for making beats on iOS.

• Add me on for the will pay for midi out train etc

• @jimpavloff said:
    Something like that:
    1Oct: two oscillators, detuned +/- 1 octave range maximum;
    2Oct: two oscillators, detuned +/- 2 octaves range maximum;
    Sync: one oscillator is modulated by the second using Sync modulation
    Ring: ring modulation used
    Xfm: one oscillator is modulated by the second using Xfm (cross-fm) modulation
    Harmonic: two oscillators, one is main and the second's oscillator's pitch is tuned to be a harmonic of the 1st oscillators pitch.

Thanks, perhaps that should be added for us noobs in the manual. Now I will dig into these respectively after learning more about modulation in synthesis online.

Great job with the app!

Regards,
    DMfan

• edited February 2018

What works for me is to use the jog wheel to kind of fly through the oscillators while tweaking the edit buttons until I land on something I like. I wouldn’t overthink it beyond just learning synthesis, the workflow is pretty simple

Yeah, that is good advice. It feels like I am way overthinking everything about sound synthesis and forgetting about just having fun.

Regards,
    DMfan

• @db909 said:
    @jimpavloff sorry if this has been reported, but deleting user folders within the app crashes the app to the home screen, it’s still in the background, and the folders ARE deleted properly but ...yeah. I’m on 6s 11.2.1

Strange! Not crashing on my 6s iOS 11.2.1. There's definitely some important detail that you doing, which I cannot track. Try to investigate, maybe you'll find out.

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff or anyone on here is there a way to multi select notes to edit simultaneously in the edit window
    Thanks in advance

Not currently, but I was thinking about this handy feature to implement.

@jimpavloff ok that would be good.

• edited February 2018

@jimpavloff said:

@NTKK said:
    Sure it is already IAA - but 16 IAA outputs would make it a monster for recording what you perform live.
    And then you could always do an EFX track where you tweak whatever you have going to the XY pad.
    In two sittings - instead of 17 - or sequencing bounced loops. Depends of how you like to work, but for me it would be a nice addition to the existing workflows on IOS.

Midi out would also be a cool feature, opening up the app - would probaly use it to laver pads myself - but sign me up for midi out.

I really like the new look (Helvetica! or whatever it is) and the new knobs are so cool - but I would like them all to be the same colour. The white and yellow ones are not so nice - I understand the logic behind the colour coding, but I don’t need it anymore - guess all i want is the play button to go green when it’s runnning and everythingelse in black and red. But that is being terribly nitpickyish. It looks great, sounds great and 1 bar loop chaining is working.

Thanks for listening .

What keeps me from making 16 IAA audio outputs for now is that it will be impossible to use MFX with such setup. MFX is applied to the master mix, and cannot be applied to each of 16 parts separately. In this situation, you would get 16 pre-MFX parts outputs, just like in Stems export. So, there's not so much benefit of using 16 IAA realtime outputs in GR.

@jimpavloff This is true but I think it could take GR to another level as it's a very pro app that for sure has the power to be used in full scale completed production - it don't make much difference to the already great options you have given us with regards to exporting audio bypassing MFX but then it means re doing all the arrangements and sequences in a DAW timeline taking away the excellent and quick song arrangement/chain sequencing you have implemented in GR - 16 IAA Outputs or GR Auv3 would be cool as could then load up many instances in a DAW and trigger GR in seperate tracks to record.
    Another option if the above can't be done at the moment could be exporting chained pattern audio stems.
    Don't get me wrong in anyway - really appreciate the work you put into GR so far ,

• @jimpavloff
    if you get a moment check this out for multi outputing - this is with DrumPerfect and Auria Pro using midi
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6Ek3bvSPuA

• @jimpavloff said:

@db909 said:
    @jimpavloff sorry if this has been reported, but deleting user folders within the app crashes the app to the home screen, it’s still in the background, and the folders ARE deleted properly but ...yeah. I’m on 6s 11.2.1

Strange! Not crashing on my 6s iOS 11.2.1. There's definitely some important detail that you doing, which I cannot track. Try to investigate, maybe you'll find out.

Hmm well now the deleting of folders no longer has this issue but now when I try to delete single samples nothing happens. I hit the delete button after swiping and the sample just stays there. Not doing anything weird. Just opened the app and tried this. And it persists after a restart of the phone.

• @db909 said:

@jimpavloff said:

@db909 said:

Hmm well now the deleting of folders no longer has this issue but now when I try to delete single samples nothing happens. I hit the delete button after swiping and the sample just stays there. Not doing anything weird. Just opened the app and tried this. And it persists after a restart of the phone.

I'm aware of the bug and currently fixing it. There soon will be a small quick update.

• @db909 said:

@jimpavloff said:

@db909 said:

yep i posted this issue recently

• @jimpavloff said:

@db909 said:

@jimpavloff said:

@db909 said:

I'm aware of the bug and currently fixing it. There soon will be a small quick update.

Oh ok. Missed that one. The crashing must’ve been a random symptom of that. Thanks!

• So if I were to export a 4 bar pattern audio and load it back in to one of the pads, how would I get it to play back perfectly within the 4 bars? Because the sequencer won’t let you drag notes across bar lines and if I try to record I’m likely going to run into the issue of sustaining it across the loop point

• @db909 said:
    So if I were to export a 4 bar pattern audio and load it back in to one of the pads, how would I get it to play back perfectly within the 4 bars? Because the sequencer won’t let you drag notes across bar lines and if I try to record I’m likely going to run into the issue of sustaining it across the loop point

You could try to place one long note with length of 64 in the beginning of the first bar.

• edited February 2018

@jimpavloff said:

@db909 said:
    So if I were to export a 4 bar pattern audio and load it back in to one of the pads, how would I get it to play back perfectly within the 4 bars? Because the sequencer won’t let you drag notes across bar lines and if I try to record I’m likely going to run into the issue of sustaining it across the loop point

You could try to place one long note with length of 64 in the beginning of the first bar.

Oh nice. Didn’t realize the notes would play at that length even though they’re not visually extended. Cool.

• Loving GR-16! Would also love 16 audio outs in Aum - don’t care that I’d lose the MFX at all, 16 outs is way cooler and matches the name ;)<3B)

• @gdog said:
    Loving GR-16! Would also love 16 audio outs in Aum - don’t care that I’d lose the MFX at all, 16 outs is way cooler and matches the name ;)<3B)

I agree 100% - hopefully

• This is the hippie side of me talking but I’d love to be able to play with the background color behind the synth controls, related texts colors, and highlight/indicator colors. But ONLY if it’s not too much trouble

• @jimpavloff I also would want 16 iaa. Also don't care that I'd lose the effects.

• edited February 2018

@jimpavloff Cheers for the update v1.3.1 Can now multi select notes in step edit
    Swipe delete is now working ok
    :-)

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    @jimpavloff I also would want 16 iaa. Also don't care that I'd lose the effects.

Dude that's a bit insensitive "you dont care that you'd lose the GR effects"
    I know you not meant that in a bad way but for a Dev who put in hard work might make them even more hesitant
    I personally like the GR effecs - be a step forward for me to add compression / eq per track/pad in another app i.e Auria Pro incorporating the two GR/Auria Pro
    Think think -
    peace

• @stormbeats said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:
    @jimpavloff I also would want 16 iaa. Also don't care that I'd lose the effects.

I know you not meant that in a bad way but for a Dev who put in hard work might make them even more hesitant
    I personally like the GR effecs - be a step forward for me to add compression / eq per track/pad in another app i.e Auria Pro incorporating the two GR/Auria Pro
    Think think -
    peace

i think you misunderstood. i don't care that in 16 channel mode we lost the effects. this wouldn't affect anyone running the app normally. in which i do like the effects. some apps that do multi iaa out bypass internal effects the same way like patterning. so its kind of standard that the effects get disabled on multiout mode. what @jimpavloff was finding it hard to do was implement the 16 outs with the internal effects which is something anyone using multi outs doesn't really need. so i actually meant he doesn't need to work too hard on that and just give us the outs for when we want to multitrack with external effects.... i didn't mean in any way that the normal functionality isn't amazing.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@stormbeats said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

Think think -
    peace

i think you misunderstood. i don't care that in 16 channel mode we lost the effects. this wouldn't affect anyone running the app normally. in which i do like the effects. some apps that do multi iaa out bypass internal effects the same way like patterning. so its kind of standard that the effects get disabled on multiout mode. what @jimpavloff was finding it hard to do was implement the 16 outs with the internal effects which is something anyone using multi outs doesn't really need. so i actually meant he doesn't need to work too hard on that and just give us the outs for when we want to multitrack with external effects.... i didn't mean in any way that the normal functionality isn't amazing.

@gonekrazy3000 cool dude / I just dont want Jim feeling like we dont want his effects - I sure do they are excellent - its more just for compression and fine tweaking and adding the beats to vocals - incorporating it into a complete production.
    peace

• @jimpavloff the tap and drag for editing notes is excellent - thanks again

• @gonekrazy3000 And I'am in agreement with 16 output being an option - cool