Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• Super handy feature yes. Developer is on fire!

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff the tap and drag for editing notes is excellent - thanks again

• i got a feeling "multi export seperate pad stems of chained patterns audio" is in the pipeline -

• @jimpavloff Here's a terrible mockup of a bigger touchpad screen :D I'm using it on the train every day on my iPhone so something like this would be amazing.

• @cretakano said:
    @jimpavloff Here's a terrible mockup of a bigger touchpad screen :D I'm using it on the train every day on my iPhone so something like this would be amazing.

Possibly it makes sense (for iPhone version only)

• @jimpavloff said:

@cretakano said:
    @jimpavloff Here's a terrible mockup of a bigger touchpad screen :D I'm using it on the train every day on my iPhone so something like this would be amazing.

Awesome, hope it makes it in to a future update! Would make playing scales and arps on iPhone so much easier.

Also, have you ever thought about adding an Elektron style Ctrl-All feature? It's the only thing I'm missing from the Digitakt, such a cool way to come up with pattern variations and would work so well in GR!

• edited February 2018

@jimpavloff said:

@cretakano said:

This looks perfect. I think it would make sense for anyone who uses the app standalone iPhone or iPad. It’s more accuracy and more freedom of movement for everything you do on the touchpad. Better groove riding

• @Samu : So do I have this right? Import my sample into BM3.. Copy it and add phase invert.. Then export both samples, the dry and phase inverted one into Grooverider to get the stereo effect?

• @Telstar5 said:
    @Samu : So do I have this right? Import my sample into BM3.. Copy it and add phase invert.. Then export both samples, the dry and phase inverted one into Grooverider to get the stereo effect?

It’s a bit more complicated than that since it’s a realtime pricess in BM3. Youd have to first render the BM3 track/pad to stereo audio with one of the channels inverted and then separate the channels into two samples and import those to two separate pads in GR-16.

It wold be a lot easier if tools like TwistedWave Audioshare had an option to invert the phase of a sample.

A much better option would be a IFX in GR-16 to do the widenong.

Then again phase-inverted samples will cancel each other out when doing a mono mix...

• @jimpavloff , anyone, I cannot get my custom skin settings to be permanent. Every time I reload GR-16 it automatically chooses the default blue settings. What am I missing?

• @Samu : Yeah such an IFX in Grooverider would be GREAT!

• @jimpavloff is it in any way possible to add more bars per pattern maybe in the settings window 8bars or 16bars?

• edited February 2018

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff is it in any way possible to add more bars per pattern maybe in the settings window 8bars or 16bars?

Pattern menu has "steps" which you can set between 1-32. Jim has already said more than 4 bars isn't possible in this particular setup for technical reasons.

Edit: a trick you can employ however is the use of the trig conditions for fills to make a 4 bar pattern feel like 8, pattern chaining etc.

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff is it in any way possible to add more bars per pattern maybe in the settings window 8bars or 16bars?

Pattern menu has "steps" which you can set between 1-32. Jim has already said more than 4 bars isn't possible in this particular setup for technical reasons.

Edit: a trick you can employ however is the use of the trig conditions for fills to make a 4 bar pattern feel like 8, pattern chaining etc.

@LucidMusicInc ok - cheers for tip - but when using trig conditions when exporting to an audio file if I trigger condition a sound on say the 5th bar after the 4th will it be audio exported - i doubt ??

• @stormbeats said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@stormbeats said:

@LucidMusicInc ok - cheers for tip - but when using trig conditions when exporting to an audio file if I trigger condition a sound on say the 5th bar after the 4th will it be audio exported - i doubt ??

Aye that's a bit of a problem...

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@stormbeats said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@stormbeats said:

Aye that's a bit of a problem...

@LucidMusicInc Aye Aye captain - GR has excellent features and an excellent app -I gather we all want to use it for full on production and song arrangement hence my initial post - I really think we can get more than 4 bar patterns - it's not a prompt demand in any way -

• @gsm909 said:
    @jimpavloff , anyone, I cannot get my custom skin settings to be permanent. Every time I reload GR-16 it automatically chooses the default blue settings. What am I missing?

Bump. Anyone ?

• @gsm909 said:

@gsm909 said:
    @jimpavloff , anyone, I cannot get my custom skin settings to be permanent. Every time I reload GR-16 it automatically chooses the default blue settings. What am I missing?

Bump. Anyone ?

What iOS version do you use?

• @jimpavloff said:

@gsm909 said:

@gsm909 said:

Bump. Anyone ?

iOS 11.2.5 Air2

• @gsm909 said:

@jimpavloff said:

@gsm909 said:

@gsm909 said:

Bump. Anyone ?

iOS 11.2.5 Air2

i had this issue but only when re switching from using it with Auria Pro which really wasn't a prob for me though

• @jimpavloff Is it possible to add an option to vertically hand pinch a samples waveform in the sample edit window to increase/decrease volume gain?

• @jimpavloff Thanks for ableton export function. Any news about midi learn?

• @slaq said:
    @jimpavloff Thanks for ableton export function. Any news about midi learn?

Or details of how the existing midi mapping of pads etc is laid out ?

• @BiancaNeve said:

The last page of the manual covers that pretty well as far as I can see?!
    https://www.jimaudio.pro/grooverider/grooverider_manual.pdf

• @Samu said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Except that it doesn’t.
    I want to know what midi note values activate the pads in each mode.
    Then I can program my Beatstep accordingly

• edited February 2018

@BiancaNeve said:

@Samu said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Except that it doesn’t.
    I want to know what midi note values activate the pads in each mode.
    Then I can program my Beatstep accordingly

Try MidiNotes 0-15 for pads 1-16.
    (Had wrong preset loaded in the app on my Mac).

That works for triggering the pads, don't know about the 'select light' though...

• @jimpavloff : Awesome mock up if possible iPhone feature!!
    I can only imagine what other apps you’ll come up with! I’ve redoscovered Poison as a result of Grooverider ..

• Hot tip maybe: when you are recording or have the pattern playing and save to a new slot during recording and/or playback, you can double tap the play button, pausing and resuming real quickly, to have the pattern save immediately to the new slot rather than having to wait for it to loop back for the changes to be saved. You can keep doing this while recording too, making it very fluid to build up longer phrases.

BUT, because this works so well, it kind of begs the question, @jimpavloff is it feasible to have the “save to new” function do this automatically? Meaning when you hit save to new the changes are immediately saved and the pattern switches to the new version seamlessly and instantly? It’s not a big deal like I said because this works fine, but it makes me wonder.

• @db909 said:
    Hot tip maybe: when you are recording or have the pattern playing and save to a new slot during recording and/or playback, you can double tap the play button, pausing and resuming real quickly, to have the pattern save immediately to the new slot rather than having to wait for it to loop back for the changes to be saved. You can keep doing this while recording too, making it very fluid to build up longer phrases.

BUT, because this works so well, it kind of begs the question, @jimpavloff is it feasible to have the “save to new” function do this automatically? Meaning when you hit save to new the changes are immediately saved and the pattern switches to the new version seamlessly and instantly? It’s not a big deal like I said because this works fine, but it makes me wonder.

Looks pretty possible... But I have to think about the caveats and bugs it would fetch.

• @jimpavloff said:

@db909 said:
    Hot tip maybe: when you are recording or have the pattern playing and save to a new slot during recording and/or playback, you can double tap the play button, pausing and resuming real quickly, to have the pattern save immediately to the new slot rather than having to wait for it to loop back for the changes to be saved. You can keep doing this while recording too, making it very fluid to build up longer phrases.

Looks pretty possible... But I have to think about the caveats and bugs it would fetch.

Of course. Thanks for considering

• edited February 2018

@jimpavloff said:

@db909 said:

+1 for a rethought save procedure. A simple onscreen menu like save, save as, duplicate, cancel rather than the default overwrite.