Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• I see glad there’s a send to master etc.

• Updated v1.3.2

• Sorry about that - but it would be nice to have. I am using a send ofcourse.

• edited February 2018

@RajahP said:
    Updated v1.3.2

Ahhhhh! The Madman did it! Save to new is instantaneous now. Wow @jimpavloff thank you so much and damn that was quick work! And of course chain audio export.

Now it’s ridiculously easy. You just record a pattern, save to new while recording is still on, jump back in with erase button, do it again and now you can record seamless longer phrases without ever stopping the music. This makes it easy to record seamless longer phrases guys

You will of course have to use the touchpad or external controller so you can play keys and erase button simultaneously (which is why we need a bigger touchpad) but boy is this fun

• wimwim
    edited February 2018

Chain audio stems export?! Sweet!!
    Only problem is I'm getting embarrassed at myself for the ever more gushing app store reviews. I sound like one of those Bieber fan-girls from back in the day.

• edited February 2018

What is this chain audio stems export?

• @MusicMan4Christ said:

It’s for people who have the app ;)

• @db909 said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

Slightly cruel, but on the money. You should just get it MusicMan!

• Was trying to save for synthmaster Pro but you guys are killing me :Do:)

• I caved :D
    Just bought ;)
    Ok here we go!!

• RJBRJB
    edited February 2018

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    I caved :D
    Just bought ;)
    Ok here we go!!

Don’t be shocked like I was when I first fired up GR-16 and thought, these instruments sound terrible. Just turn on the AMP –EG, add a little attack and release and they all sound like they should. Have fun, it’s an amazing app, :D

• Oh man almost missed my train stop!!
    This thing is addicting and beautiful! Hard to explain but the commute hope just got a lot more fun on the metro!

Thanks Jim, will invest in learning this magnificent instrument!

• @jimpavloff
    Would you please modify the SHIFT-Select so it's also possible to select multiple steps even if they're not in one single range? Just Shift+Tap on multiple steps that I want to edit. I hope you get what I'm trying to describe ;)

• @rs2000 said:
    @jimpavloff
    Would you please modify the SHIFT-Select so it's also possible to select multiple steps even if they're not in one single range? Just Shift+Tap on multiple steps that I want to edit. I hope you get what I'm trying to describe ;)

I know what you mean, but it is not just a simple tweak, it leads to many changes in the code. And it takes time, while I have a long todo list of other important features. And I have only one pair of hands, you know.

• @RJB said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    I caved :D
    Just bought ;)
    Ok here we go!!

Don’t be shocked like I was when I first fired up GR-16 and thought, these instruments sound terrible. Just turn on the AMP –EG, add a little attack and release and they all sound like they should. Have fun, it’s an amazing app, :D

Turn the envelope on and poly on... turn down the sustain and turn up the release. Turn on the send reverb. Give it a bit of low pass filter. Turn on IFX and give it some delay. Now it sounds as it should.

• edited February 2018

@jimpavloff said:

@rs2000 said:
    @jimpavloff

I know what you mean, but it is not just a simple tweak, it leads to many changes in the code. And it takes time, while I have a long todo list of other important features. And I have only one pair of hands, you know.

Oh, Ok then, I expected that to be a minor change - all is good, I'll be patient then :)
    Thanks!

• @db909 said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

Ha - that made me laugh - that was a good one

• @jimpavloff jim you are that dude - best ever dev to do it - king of iOS beatmaking apps - thanks very much for chained export stems going to try it out in short while - this feature is a major major game changer

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff jim you are that dude - best ever dev to do it - king of iOS beatmaking apps - thanks very much for chained export stems going to try it out in short while - this feature is a major major game changer

Thanks! Don't forget to report bugs if you find some. I had not enough time to test it.

• @jimpavloff

Great update today thanks :)

• Chain Stems rule!

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff jim you are that dude - best ever dev to do it - king of iOS beatmaking apps - thanks very much for chained export stems going to try it out in short while - this feature is a major major game changer

Thanks! Don't forget to report bugs if you find some. I had not enough time to test it.

@jimpavloff cool will do

• So I want to make a video of how to come up with stuff in this real fast, but I’m having trouble with the screen orientation using the screen recording on an iPhone. The app is landscape but the video displays portrait. Any tips? And would this be helpful for y’all in general?

• @db909 said:
    So I want to make a video of how to come up with stuff in this real fast, but I’m having trouble with the screen orientation using the screen recording on an iPhone. The app is landscape but the video displays portrait. Any tips? And would this be helpful for y’all in general?

Try to play around with orientation lock switch in iPhone settings. Maybe it would help.

• @jimpavloff Chained patterned export is working great so far - thanks Jim - your work is very valued- now can do all my arrangements in GR and use the DAW/Auria Pro for mixing only - Jim is more than a dev this dude is a scientist - can only imagine if he creates his own DAW at anytime how good it will be - hint hint :-)
    All my other beatmaking apps are now redundant - GR is now KING!!!!!
    How did the scientist Jim get those lo pass filters to sound that analogue and the Decimate to sound authenticate
    The swing in GR best I've heard. The pitch function unbeatable with no weird unwanted artifacts
    Excellent work/coding.

• I guess to simulate a stereo stereo we can always do the copy two mono samples and apply the old 20ms delay trick?
    Other than that , this amazing app makes me glad I got the iPad Pro 12.9

• The only thing I possibly want from this app now is to have its sound set up as AUs for other apps. Imagine this app gets me going on an idea, then I can just set up the sounds I’ve made in this as AU instances in BM3. The sound making method in this this is so simple and so effective - sounds just fall out of this app with little to no effort!

• @Telstar5 said:
    I guess to simulate a stereo stereo we can always do the copy two mono samples and apply the old 20ms delay trick?
    Other than that , this amazing app makes me glad I got the iPad Pro 12.9

Stereo delay - that's what I am now trying to figure out, is it possible to make it as a parameter for each part...

• edited February 2018

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    The only thing I possibly want from this app now is to have its sound set up as AUs for other apps. Imagine this app gets me going on an idea, then I can just set up the sounds I’ve made in this as AU instances in BM3. The sound making method in this this is so simple and so effective - sounds just fall out of this app with little to no effort!

Good points you made - I imported some GR stems into bm3 & cubasis over the past few weeks - -the excellent sound engine from GR sounded sort of blunt/duller more mid range and lost the quality a bit - To my ears the GR stems sounded far better in Auria Pro very open sounding and didn't mess too much with the original sound I get from GR - that's just to my ear though.