Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• @jimpavloff said:

@RJB said:
    @jimpavloff
    Thalnks for your continued development of GR-16. The apeggiator is so amazing at coming up with interesting phrases I’m wondering if in the future it could be used with Chords?

Set Arpeggiator Mode to "Trigger" to play chords in Arpeg mode.

Got it, I guess what I was imagining is having a chord set play like the keys do with Arpeg+Scale

• @RJB said:

@jimpavloff said:

@RJB said:
    @jimpavloff
    Thalnks for your continued development of GR-16. The apeggiator is so amazing at coming up with interesting phrases I’m wondering if in the future it could be used with Chords?

Got it, I guess what I was imagining is having a chord set play like the keys do with Arpeg+Scale, is that possible?

• @RJB said:

@RJB said:

@jimpavloff said:

@RJB said:
    @jimpavloff

Got it, I guess what I was imagining is having a chord set play like the keys do with Arpeg+Scale, is that possible?

No, not currently.

• @jimpavloff Is there a way to shift notes back/forward along the grid in whole steps? For example, a melody starting on step 8 that I want to move back to begin at the start of a bar. Checked the manual and don't think this is an option, but just making sure I'm not missing something.

• @cretakano said:
    @jimpavloff Is there a way to shift notes back/forward along the grid in whole steps? For example, a melody starting on step 8 that I want to move back to begin at the start of a bar. Checked the manual and don't think this is an option, but just making sure I'm not missing something.

• edited February 2018

@jimpavloff no rush - but can you try get the pitch dial less jumpy the aftertouch is bit shaky and maybe reverse the Hold/SHIFT adjust pitch to smaller increments number values. Alternatively an option to do fine adjustement pitch editing of Pitch in the main screen Parts settings or Step edit window.
    Is it possible to do the double tap SHIFT button to toggle it on/off instead of permanent hold till release PITCH on/off
    And option to turn off the TAP button flashing.
    Be good in mixer window an option to press SHIFT/TAP on multiple volume faders like how the multi SOLO select works and a fader volume indicator in numbers at the top of the mixer window would be great - there's space there.
    no rush or demands at all Jim - keep up the good work

• Is AU support planned? Everything I do is with AU apps these days—they are so convenient!

• In awe of all these changes and updates. But things are changing so fast I keep waiting to really dive in once it’s “finished” — which seems to be never. This app is so crying out for a video tutorial! @jakoB_haQ is this up your alley? or @gmslayton ?

• edited February 2018

This + BM3 + AudioDamage + Bram Bos with various hardware inputs within AUM is pure bliss. Infinite possibilities.

• This + BM3 + AudioDamage + Bram Bos with various hardware inputs within AUM is pure bliss. Infinite possibilities.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    In awe of all these changes and updates. But things are changing so fast I keep waiting to really dive in once it’s “finished” — which seems to be never. This app is so crying out for a video tutorial! @jakoB_haQ is this up your alley? or @gmslayton

Maybe don't keep updating till you learn the app. That's a logical step. Peace

• @cretakano said:
    @jimpavloff Is there a way to shift notes back/forward along the grid in whole steps? For example, a melody starting on step 8 that I want to move back to begin at the start of a bar. Checked the manual and don't think this is an option, but just making sure I'm not missing something.

I going to add a Part shifting function in the updates. Can be very useful to easily alternate your pattern's rhythms.

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff no rush - but can you try get the pitch dial less jumpy the aftertouch is bit shaky and maybe reverse the Hold/SHIFT adjust pitch to smaller increments number values. Alternatively an option to do fine adjustement pitch editing of Pitch in the main screen Parts settings or Step edit window.
    Is it possible to do the double tap SHIFT button to toggle it on/off instead of permanent hold till release PITCH on/off
    Be good in mixer window an option to press SHIFT/TAP on multiple volume faders like how the multi SOLO select works and a fader volume indicator in numbers at the top of the mixer window would be great - there's space there.

My earlier quote "Is it possible to do the double tap SHIFT button to toggle it on/off instead of permanent hold till release "PITCH" on/off" - I meant SHIFT not "PITCH"

• @stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

My earlier quote "Is it possible to do the double tap SHIFT button to toggle it on/off instead of permanent hold till release "PITCH" on/off" - I meant SHIFT not "PITCH"

Shift toggling would change the whole workflow, since Shift is involved in too many UI operations, so it is not a solution. What exactly do you need to toggle shift for? To fine-adjust Pitch?

• @jimpavloff said:

@cretakano said:

I going to add a Part shifting function in the updates. Can be very useful to easily alternate your pattern's rhythms.

Great, looking forward to that! Will be very useful for sure, often come up with nice arpeggiator rhythms but realise it starts halfway thru a bar.

• @stormbeats I have been watching this app but haven't gotten around to purchasing it yet. I will put it on my list of to-do videos, which has grown significantly.

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

Shift toggling would change the whole workflow, since Shift is involved in too many UI operations, so it is not a solution. What exactly do you need to toggle shift for? To fine-adjust Pitch?

@jimpavloff yes that and sampling editing can be a bit tricky when having to hold the SHIFT and TRIM dials also for left handed users though I'am not so I can get by - no probs

• edited February 2018

@jimpavloff an auto note length option in settings would be a good feature when recording/triggering pads though not an absoulte need - I say this because when triggering samples like "one shot" with full release/sustain/decay the note lengths are not in even lengths after recording - not a big problem though as can edit notes

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff an auto note length option in settings would be a good feature when recording/triggering pads though not an absoulte need -

Can that be done with Settings -> Rec Quantize -> "Start+End" ?

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff an auto note length option in settings would be a good feature when recording/triggering pads though not an absoulte need -

cheers for the tip will try that

• @stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff thanks Jim excellent it works perfect

• @stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

I don’t quite understand what this function is actually doing?

• @robosardine said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

It quantizes incoming note's start positions and lengths to integer values during recording.

• @jimpavloff said:

@robosardine said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

It quantizes incoming note's start positions and lengths to integer values during recording.

I’m rolling that sentence around on my tongue and trying to visualize exactly what it means. :wink:

• @gusgranite said:

@jimpavloff said:

@robosardine said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

I’m rolling that sentence around on my tongue and trying to visualize exactly what it means. :wink:

sounds like rock and roll to me.

• @stormbeats said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    In awe of all these changes and updates. But things are changing so fast I keep waiting to really dive in once it’s “finished” — which seems to be never. This app is so crying out for a video tutorial! @jakoB_haQ is this up your alley? or @gmslayton

Why would I want to be working on anything less than the most perfect version of the app? I think there are a lot of people who wouldn’t mind a general overview of grooverider. While it has been fascinating auditing your one-man graduate-level GR-16 seminar, I know I would benefit from a more rudimentary introduction.

Peace.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@stormbeats said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Why would I want to be working on anything less than the most perfect version of the app? I think there are a lot of people who wouldn’t mind a general overview of grooverider. While it has been fascinating auditing your one-man graduate-level GR-16 seminar, I know I would benefit from a more rudimentary introduction.

Peace.

cool wasn't putting you down - just saying makes sense to learn the app before the more advance updates which you may find more difficult to learn till you get the basic way GR works - tutorials may not be online anytime soon - keep it moving .

• edited February 2018

Thanks Jim, Learning so much!

The pattern Outro sounds like the kind of rock patterns I needed! Really love that one and got me to tweak it out and customize it for needs!

Also really enjoying the custom Skins, love my custom Silver Beast skin!

what an awesome app so inspirational!

@jimpavloff said:

@RJB said:
    @jimpavloff
    Thalnks !

for your continued development of GR-16. The apeggiator is so amazing at coming up with interesting phrases I’m wondering if in the future it could be used with Chords?

• I agree, @MusicMan4Christ, i’ve asked Jim about the possibility of using the Arp&Scale modes on the touchpad while in the Chords sections, he didn’t say it I was impossible. :p

• @ExAsperis99 : Agree : It needs a comprehensive video.