Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited March 2018

@jimpavloff thanks again for the Haas effect - this could be a big game changer where we may just get Effects options in the Part Settings - could have a basic compressor and even a one band sweepable eq - hint hint - just saying - no rush or demand -
    Is it possible to get at least one minute increase in sample importing - If yes I for sure will do full vocal remixes all in GR - if not possible though I'am very happy with GR as it is
    One thing that would be good is to be able to export the chained patterns as one (export chained patterns merged) and saved as a chained patterns icon.
    Then can import one Grooverider merged/chained Patterns which will automatically distribute into empty utils/slots.Similar to how the Save Pattern Banks works.
    No rush though Jim or expectations just a few thoughts I have.
    Peace

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    C-2 is for nutters. C4 is middle C and I don't care what anyone says :#

"C-2 Is for "nutters" that made me laugh and it's true.

• @jimpavloff Automatic pad labelling/naming of the sample imported to pad would be cool.

• @Dawdles said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    It amazes me how AU people are willing to go to such ridiculously far fetched extremes and pay all kinds of money for single purpose apps. GR16 is a complete package. The only thing limitation is your willingness to use it the way it was intended.

Agreed, it does what it was intended to do very, very well. Just a shame that deeper sound design (or hosting AUs like Zeeon and tardigrain inside GR16?) wasn’t part of the plan on this first app for Jim. But the sequencer side of gr16 is incredibly fluid for jamming, similarly to various hardware. Hopefully a GR16 mkii will appear at some point and will be far less restricted in the other areas and I’ll feel no need for separate outputs or AUv3 and so on..

I kind of agree on this as well. If it hosted AU I'd pretty much not even need multiple outputs or midi out. Stem export would be all I ever require.

I just thought of a feature request. @jimpavloff since the synth engine inside Grooverider is based on Poison 202. Would it be possible for us to import presets from there into here ? I feel a lot more comfortable editing sounds inside Poison 202.

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff thanks again for the Haas effect - this could be a big game changer where we may just get Effects options in the Part Settings - could have a basic compressor and even a one band sweepable eq - hint hint - just saying - no rush or demand -
    Is it possible to get at least one minute increase in sample importing - If yes I for sure will do full vocal remixes all in GR - if not possible though I'am very happy with GR as it is
    One thing that would be good is to be able to export the chained patterns as one (export chained patterns merged) and saved as a chained patterns icon.
    Then can import one Grooverider merged/chained Patterns which will automatically distribute into empty utils/slots.Similar to how the Save Pattern Banks works.
    Peace

I don't plan any compressors. But I plan 2 or 3 band EQ for each Part in the future. The sample length limit is there because when you switch different patterns in live performance, it would cause cpu hiccups when loading a big samples into memory on the fly. That's the way GR works, and it's not a DAW, it's more tricky than a DAW. Chain pattern export - that would be handy feature and is on my list, I'm thinking about it.

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff Automatic pad labelling/naming of the sample imported to pad would be cool.

You've already mentioned this earlier.

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:
    Peace

I don't plan any compressors. But I plan 2 or 3 band EQ for each Part in the future. The sample length limit is there because when you switch different patterns in live performance, it would cause cpu hiccups when loading a big samples into memory on the fly. That's the way GR works, and it's not a DAW, it's more tricky than a DAW. Chain pattern export - that would be handy feature and is on my list, I'm thinking about it.

ok cool

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@Dawdles said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    It amazes me how AU people are willing to go to such ridiculously far fetched extremes and pay all kinds of money for single purpose apps. GR16 is a complete package. The only thing limitation is your willingness to use it the way it was intended.

Agreed, it does what it was intended to do very, very well. Just a shame that deeper sound design (or hosting AUs like Zeeon and tardigrain inside GR16?) wasn’t part of the plan on this first app for Jim. But the sequencer side of gr16 is incredibly fluid for jamming, similarly to various hardware. Hopefully a GR16 mkii will appear at some point and will be far less restricted in the other areas and I’ll feel no need for separate outputs or AUv3 and so on..

I kind of agree on this as well. If it hosted AU I'd pretty much not even need multiple outputs or midi out. Stem export would be all I ever require.

I just thought of a feature request. @jimpavloff since the synth engine inside Grooverider is based on Poison 202. Would it be possible for us to import presets from there into here ? I feel a lot more comfortable editing sounds inside Poison 202.

GR-16 is based but entirely not compatible with Poison-202 format, as I mentioned already in this forum. AU hosting is not going to be supported, as I also mentioned before, because GR's pattern switching paradigm goes against current iOS capabilities of loading AU's into memory.

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff Automatic pad labelling/naming of the sample imported to pad would be cool.

You've already mentioned this earlier.

true

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited March 2018

Couldn't you just treat Groove Rider as a simple drum bank when hosted as an AU? In other words, simply load 16 drum samples and have the host play them back?

A good option. Maybe 16-part AU but without sequencer stuff, to be used and played by the host - a possible way for GR's audio unit.

Yes we need this, would be great :)

• @jimpavloff the stereo delay effect is excellent - even on drums no weird phasey issues - good work Jim

• edited March 2018

@jimpavloff apologies if this has been answered, i've followed the thread but obviously its incredibly long now. Please could you add individual outs - as LayR has? This way we could route multiple outputs into AUM and use AU effects alongside GR16 without the need to host these inside Grooverider. How cool would it be to be able to set up Audio Damage effects as send fx for GR16 parts! I noticed people asking about additional effects and perhaps this would provide an answer of sorts?

In addition, i know you have mentioned before that because the audio engine is mono it wouldn't be possible to import stereo samples? If this is the case, could you implement a work-around the way the ESX2 does and combine/ link two mono-channels when using a stereo sample?

Great work on the app!

• Hats off to Jim, moving steps left and right, activating chain mode while playing and the stereo delay are all brilliant enhancements. Thank you, I love this app too much!

• edited March 2018

Sorry to keep flogging a dead horse but @jimpavloff have you indicated anything about MidiOut Support? If we get this then the whole AU nonsense will stop as GrooveRider will be the sequencer dojour to play all the great iOS and hardware synths and drum machines we desire. Your implementation of Conditional Trigs is sorely needed for driving Model15 and Zeeon.

Thanks for all the amazing work you are doing. Just do the MidiOut as an IAP so i can give you more money ;^)

GrooveRider is so close to being a hub for DAWless setups it’s scary.

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff just wondering if you thought about putting a pitch function -127 - +127 in Parts settings and slice edit window? I think it will give more accuracy than the pitch dial which is quite jumpy due to touchscreen after touch.

I'm considering the way of enabling fine adjustments for the Pitch knob itself, but did not found a solution yet.

Checkout a a potential solution currently in iMPC Pro...it works great...

https://youtu.be/fcR5RS1nIfA

• Jim,

Not sure if anyone has suggested this but for easier one handed / one fingered operation would it be possible to have a kind of shift lock option - i.e. once pressed the shift button stays active (flashing) until another key is pressed in which case:

either the shift press combo is registered (assuming the combo is meaningful)
    or otherwise the shift lock mode is exited (shift button stops flashing)

Maybe with some kind of timeout setting for the shift lock

Thanks for making this brilliant app.
    Can't wait for the forthcoming midi out only AU product!

• @DaveMagoo said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff just wondering if you thought about putting a pitch function -127 - +127 in Parts settings and slice edit window? I think it will give more accuracy than the pitch dial which is quite jumpy due to touchscreen after touch.

I'm considering the way of enabling fine adjustments for the Pitch knob itself, but did not found a solution yet.

Good solution, but currently tap and double tap knob gestures are already used. However, I can think about possible replacement of double tap (which currently resets value to default) to such kind of control show up, where you would be able to adjust a value in many ways, including Midi Learn, reset to default and precise control.

• @samboom said:
    Jim,

Not sure if anyone has suggested this but for easier one handed / one fingered operation would it be possible to have a kind of shift lock option - i.e. once pressed the shift button stays active (flashing) until another key is pressed in which case:

either the shift press combo is registered (assuming the combo is meaningful)
    or otherwise the shift lock mode is exited (shift button stops flashing)

Maybe with some kind of timeout setting for the shift lock

Thanks for making this brilliant app.
    Can't wait for the forthcoming midi out only AU product!

Do you mean shift locking for only one tap? Maybe a good solution, however, can potentially bring mess in the current UI workflow.

• @echoopera said:
    Sorry to keep flogging a dead horse but @jimpavloff have you indicated anything about MidiOut Support? If we get this then the whole AU nonsense will stop as GrooveRider will be the sequencer dojour to play all the great iOS and hardware synths and drum machines we desire. Your implementation of Conditional Trigs is sorely needed for driving Model15 and Zeeon.

Thanks for all the amazing work you are doing. Just do the MidiOut as an IAP so i can give you more money ;^)

Yes, I plan midi out. Current plan is one virtual Midi Out port for all 16 midi channels together, so to use it you'll have to use some midi filter to filter out certain midi channel to the destination (if more than one destinations will be used).

• @jimpavloff said:

@echoopera said:

Yes, I plan midi out. Current plan is one virtual Midi Out port for all 16 midi channels together, so to use it you'll have to use some midi filter to filter out certain midi channel to the destination (if more than one destinations will be used).

Can't wait for this... please consider midi import also... Apps like Odesi do create some great starting points for songs with midi export.

https://youtu.be/ysvti771fUI

Something missing in the great Beathawk 2.

• edited March 2018

THis guy does not quit . The app was already amazing the first week. There are perhaps five developers tops who put in this amount of effort into their work, not to mention keeping the manual upadated .

• edited March 2018

I really don’t want to have to choose from a pop up menu when double tapping. Just want to reset to default. For the poor shift challenged folks, perhaps an option in the settings to turn on/off the proposed locking behavior.

Now how bout IAP for bigger touchpad option? It’s so useful for so many things and yet it’s size doesn’t reflect that.

• @jimpavloff said:

@echoopera said:

Hrmmm...not sure i fully understand. How hard would it be to make each Trigger Pad it’s own Midi Channel so we could use each pad on a per Midi Channel basis...that way we could conceivably run 16 channels from a single project.

Workflow would be to set up synths and drums in AUM and have GrooveRider sequence them all? Kind of like we already do with apps like Modstep and BeatMaker...but i just love the conditional trigs in GrooveRider...

• @echoopera said:

@jimpavloff said:

@echoopera said:

Hrmmm...not sure i fully understand. How hard would it be to make each Trigger Pad it’s own Midi Channel so we could use each pad on a per Midi Channel basis...that way we could conceivably run 16 channels from a single project.

Workflow would be to set up synths and drums in AUM and have GrooveRider sequence them all? Kind of like we already do with apps like Modstep and BeatMaker...but i just love the conditional trigs in GrooveRider...

I mean I'm going to use 1 midi out port for it, which will transmit data for all 16 channels/parts.

• edited March 2018

@DaveMagoo said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

you beat me to it +1 this will help a lot

• @jimpavloff thanks for checking out the beats I emailed you - I'am all the way GR now - +1 on the double precision dials @DaveMagoo

• Can someone please make a tutorial? For the complete noob, step by step, without any assumption that we all have Stephen Hawking brains.

• I have just finished my first groove rider track and thought I would share it with the other enthusiasts. It is just recorded into aum with a little saturation and a quick master with final touch.

https://m.soundcloud.com/zackdelta/zack-delta-synchrodestiny