Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• @jimpavloff said:

@echoopera said:

@jimpavloff said:

@echoopera said:
    Sorry to keep flogging a dead horse but @jimpavloff have you indicated anything about MidiOut Support? If we get this then the whole AU nonsense will stop as GrooveRider will be the sequencer dojour to play all the great iOS and hardware synths and drum machines we desire. Your implementation of Conditional Trigs is sorely needed for driving Model15 and Zeeon.

Thanks for all the amazing work you are doing. Just do the MidiOut as an IAP so i can give you more money ;^)

GrooveRider is so close to being a hub for DAWless setups it’s scary.

Yes, I plan midi out. Current plan is one virtual Midi Out port for all 16 midi channels together, so to use it you'll have to use some midi filter to filter out certain midi channel to the destination (if more than one destinations will be used).

Hrmmm...not sure i fully understand. How hard would it be to make each Trigger Pad it’s own Midi Channel so we could use each pad on a per Midi Channel basis...that way we could conceivably run 16 channels from a single project.

Workflow would be to set up synths and drums in AUM and have GrooveRider sequence them all? Kind of like we already do with apps like Modstep and BeatMaker...but i just love the conditional trigs in GrooveRider...

I mean I'm going to use 1 midi out port for it, which will transmit data for all 16 channels/parts.

Super cool. Can’t wait.

• Same here! This is super cool!

@echoopera said:

@jimpavloff said:

@echoopera said:

@jimpavloff said:

@echoopera said:
    Sorry to keep flogging a dead horse but @jimpavloff have you indicated anything about MidiOut Support? If we get this then the whole AU nonsense will stop as GrooveRider will be the sequencer dojour to play all the great iOS and hardware synths and drum machines we desire. Your implementation of Conditional Trigs is sorely needed for driving Model15 and Zeeon.

Thanks for all the amazing work you are doing. Just do the MidiOut as an IAP so i can give you more money ;^)

Yes, I plan midi out. Current plan is one virtual Midi Out port for all 16 midi channels together, so to use it you'll have to use some midi filter to filter out certain midi channel to the destination (if more than one destinations will be used).

Hrmmm...not sure i fully understand. How hard would it be to make each Trigger Pad it’s own Midi Channel so we could use each pad on a per Midi Channel basis...that way we could conceivably run 16 channels from a single project.

Workflow would be to set up synths and drums in AUM and have GrooveRider sequence them all? Kind of like we already do with apps like Modstep and BeatMaker...but i just love the conditional trigs in GrooveRider...

I mean I'm going to use 1 midi out port for it, which will transmit data for all 16 channels/parts.

Super cool. Can’t wait.

• @ZackDelta said:
    I have just finished my first groove rider track and thought I would share it with the other enthusiasts. It is just recorded into aum with a little saturation and a quick master with final touch.

https://m.soundcloud.com/zackdelta/zack-delta-synchrodestiny

cool synth pop vibe

• edited March 2018

ya know how this is basically a much better Electribe? How badass would it be if everything learned here were to be put into a better Kaossilator? Let’s just go for the gold here. The ultimate touch screen music experience

• I mean I'm going to use 1 midi out port for it, which will transmit data for all 16 channels/parts.

this is very good news, it means I can stop looking at second hand electribe 2s :wink:
    standalone gr 16 with midi out would set me up for sequencing or many happy years!

thanks @stormbeats it is such an inspiring instrument

• @jimpavloff said:

@echoopera said:

@jimpavloff said:

@echoopera said:

I love you. This will make my volca sample very happy indeed :D

• @ZackDelta said:

this is very good news, it means I can stop looking at second hand electribe 2s :wink:
    standalone gr 16 with midi out would set me up for sequencing or many happy years!

thanks @stormbeats it is such an inspiring instrument

It is I agree GR keep up the good work on the music :-)

• @jimpavloff said:

@DaveMagoo said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff just wondering if you thought about putting a pitch function -127 - +127 in Parts settings and slice edit window? I think it will give more accuracy than the pitch dial which is quite jumpy due to touchscreen after touch.

I'm considering the way of enabling fine adjustments for the Pitch knob itself, but did not found a solution yet.

Checkout a a potential solution currently in iMPC Pro...it works great...

https://youtu.be/fcR5RS1nIfA

Good solution, but currently tap and double tap knob gestures are already used. However, I can think about possible replacement of double tap (which currently resets value to default) to such kind of control show up, where you would be able to adjust a value in many ways, including Midi Learn, reset to default and precise control.

Is single tap just used to display the value of the selected knob? If so I’d rather keep double tap to reset to default value as I use that more across a lot of apps.

Another function that could work is hold the knob and drag up or down with another finger to fine adjust

• edited March 2018

@jimpavloff and anyone with any info - if GR gets updated with midi will it work in this way for an example in AuriaPro etc - the video is bit long skip to 2min25sec
    Thanks in advance
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hizcwXxfeE0

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff and anyone with any info - if GR gets updated with midi will it work in this way for an example in AuriaPro etc - the video is bit long skip to 2min25sec
    Thanks in advance

Something like that, except that you will have only one midi channel with all the 16 parts playing, and it will be up to you how you are going to filter midi channels out of it.

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:
    Thanks in advance

Something like that, except that you will have only one midi channel with all the 16 parts playing, and it will be up to you how you are going to filter midi channels out of it.

Any MIDI compliant app must have a means of selecting the MIDI channel it receives on, usually 1..16 or Omni (to receive messages on all channels), so that would be great :)

Tipp for the fine-adjustment of pitch and other values: Do you know how the good old "thor" synth handles it?
    The further away you drag your finger from the knob, the finer the adjustment gets. A simple and genius solution I think, all with a simple single-tap.

• @rs2000 said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:
    Thanks in advance

Any MIDI compliant app must have a means of selecting the MIDI channel it receives on, usually 1..16 or Omni (to receive messages on all channels), so that would be great :)

Tipp for the fine-adjustment of pitch and other values: Do you know how the good old "thor" synth handles it?
    The further away you drag your finger from the knob, the finer the adjustment gets. A simple and genius solution I think, all with a simple single-tap.

Yeah, but how if you are already near the value you want to get? How to get fine-tuning in this case? Moving a finger far away will bring you far from the value you are targeting...

• edited March 2018

m> @jimpavloff said:

@rs2000 said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:
    Thanks in advance

Yeah, but how if you are already near the value you want to get? How to get fine-tuning in this case? Moving a finger far away will bring you far from the value you are targeting...

Try thor and you'll see what I mean. It works. Even if you're close to the desired value and "destroy it" by dragging away, you'll still be able to get the correct value (somewhat like in the iOS video player search bar that you can drag your finger downwards for fine-searching, just that in the case of Gr-16 it's horizontal instead of vertical.
    The trick is to eventually use the full screen width/height for fine adjustment.

Edit: I can see your concern. Knob behaviour is currently "diagonal" so the user can either drag up or right or both to increase values.
    The above suggestion is better restricted to one direction so you don't accidentally change values by dragging away your finger.
    Example: You restrict knob movement to vertical moves and otherwise nothing changes, like the full knob value range still spanning about 20% of the screen height. Now when you drag your finger horizontally, the value won't change unless you move the finger up or down. When close to either the left or right screen edge, the range now spans the whole screen height so adjusting values becomes around five times more precise.

Alternatively, you could always use the full screen width/height for knobs on which fine adjustments make sense, but in that case you'd have to make sure that when reaching the max or min range limit, upon reversing the finger drag direction, the value starts incrementing immediately (and not wait until you've crossed the last screen position where min or max were reached). This way you wouldn't have to let go the diagonal adjustment and still have better resolution.

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:
    Thanks in advance

@jimpavloff ok cool

• edited March 2018

@jimpavloff does the Audiobus routing in their SDK make routing to different instruments easier for you to implement?

• @echoopera said:
    @jimpavloff does the Audiobus routing in their SDK make routing to different instruments easier for you to implement?

Audiobus is a separate story, but nothing get easier with it. It's simply another midi output port.

• edited March 2018

Fwiw, i think if you don’t enable Per Pad Midi channel then you will have missed an opportunity to make GrooveRider one of the best multi instrument sequencers on iOS.

When i was looking for a hardware based sequencer i almost went with the Korg Electribe because of its routing capabilities, but ultimately settled on the Elektron Octatrack mk2 because of its 8 midi channels and per step Conditional Trigs.

Just something to think about.

GrooveRider is a stellar app and if you enable multi midi channel routing GR will be a sequencer like no other where we can control up to 16 instruments/channels via the app.

Anyhoo...hope that makes sense.

I know it will take work to get it working and that’s why i guess it as an IAP for those of us who want it.

Cheers <3

• edited March 2018

I like how the knobs are such that as long as you dont lift your finger, once you’ve got them you have the whole screen to move around in. This makes them highly playable and enables very musical automation gestures. Would be quite a shame if this were to change in a way that makes this more difficult.

• Jim did you mean one midi port with 16 midi channels?

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:
    Thanks in advance

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Jim did you mean one midi port with 16 midi channels?

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:
    Thanks in advance

@MusicMan4Christ good question

• edited March 2018

would it be possible to get velocity on the touchpad now that it’s on the pads? I guess it would only be for scale mode only. Be cool if it was skewed towards having a bigger area at the top where it’s fairly loud versus a quiet bit near the bottom but it’s hard to know what would work at that size

• edited March 2018

@echoopera said:

GrooveRider is a stellar app and if you enable multi midi channel routing GR will be a sequencer like no other where we can control up to 16 instruments/channels via the app.

Multi Channel Midi would be a super boost for the app.

I actually bought the app thinking full midi had already been implemented, so would be very keen to see this.

Certainly impressed with the speed and amount of updates, so fingers crossed this one gets checked.

• @jimpavloff is it possible to get a "search sample/folder/pattern" - pop up menu in main screen window? would help a lot when the user has created a lot of patterns which I think will happen in GR as it quickly becomes "king" of iOS :-)

• @MusicMan4Christ said:

Yes

• Sweet! This is by far the most fun drumming grooving , creation spark app ever! Thanks!!

• @jimpavloff said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

Yes

Oh yeah!

• @jimpavloff is it possible to add an option to "drag samples from pad to another pad" as a quick sample copy option?

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff is it possible to add an option to "drag samples from pad to another pad" as a quick sample copy option?

There's already a "Copy Part Sound" function, that works straightforward.

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff is it possible to add an option to "drag samples from pad to another pad" as a quick sample copy option?

There's already a "Copy Part Sound" function, that works straightforward.

@jimpavloff this is true though "copy part sound" also copies the original pads parameters /fx/etc - not a major issue though.

• edited March 2018

Is there a way to scale/key transpose patterns (or parts)? Say pattern O’Skool 1 is in ‘Ionian C’ can you Transpose it to ‘Aeolian D’?
    Seems to be a powerful machine for generating ‘samples’ ( like Blocs Wave).. And with the up-coming Midi out, it is hard to imagine the possibilities..
    Hoping we get ‘patterns’ as IAP also..