Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• @jimpavloff How do I assign an lfo to the oscillator edit 1 & 2 knobs?

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff Hi Jim - when I export pattern stems the delay Haas effect is in mono - seems to be bypased through the Master Stereo channel it's ok when bounced as Pattern Audio but then I have to solo each Part to have seperate stems Not a major issue but if there is any way to re route delay Haas effect through Master Channel when Exporting Pattern or Chained stems would be cool.
    No rush I may have mentioned before but Pitch slider or Pith number value using the big dial per Part in Part settings - is this possible ?

I'll fix Haas in stems to be stereo, thanks for reporting. Pitch knob behavior will be changed in upcoming update: now it will change pitch in semitones without SHIFT; hold SHIFT for precise changing of pitch.

• @DaveMagoo said:
    @jimpavloff How do I assign an lfo to the oscillator edit 1 & 2 knobs?

Edit 1 is the only assignable knob for oscillator. Choose the Modulator type "OSC <- LFO" for it.

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff Hi Jim - when I export pattern stems the delay Haas effect is in mono - seems to be bypased through the Master Stereo channel it's ok when bounced as Pattern Audio but then I have to solo each Part to have seperate stems Not a major issue but if there is any way to re route delay Haas effect through Master Channel when Exporting Pattern or Chained stems would be cool.
    No rush I may have mentioned before but Pitch slider or Pith number value using the big dial per Part in Part settings - is this possible ?

I'll fix Haas in stems to be stereo, thanks for reporting. Pitch knob behavior will be changed in upcoming update: now it will change pitch in semitones without SHIFT; hold SHIFT for precise changing of pitch.

@jimpavloff ok cool thanks

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    OMG! Midi output is really coming guys! Just got Poison 202 update and it said so there :)<3

thanks so much Jim!

This is amazingly good news, it made my day when I read that!

Well spotted @MusicMan4Christ

I have tried using other sequencers in sync with groove rider but that doesn't cut the mustard, gr 16 is the boss!

• @jimpavloff said:

@DaveMagoo said:
    @jimpavloff How do I assign an lfo to the oscillator edit 1 & 2 knobs?

Edit 1 is the only assignable knob for oscillator. Choose the Modulator type "OSC <- LFO" for it.

Thanks Jim

• edited March 2018

@jimpavloff The stereo delay Haas effect on parts is importing in chained stems ok now - i must have made an error previously.

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff The stereo delay Haas effect on parts is importing in chained stems ok now - i must have made an error previously.

Chain stems export always exports stereo files. But if you export one pattern, it exports stereo and mono files, depending on parameters used, and it will skip the Haas to mono, currently. That is to be fixed in update.

• Sweet! This has become such an important music tool in my workflow .

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

Chain stems export always exports stereo files. But if you export one pattern, it exports stereo and mono files, depending on parameters used, and it will skip the Haas to mono, currently. That is to be fixed in update.

• edited March 2018

@jimpavloff I’m having trouble getting sampled 4 bar drum loops to play in their entirety. You advised me to go into the piano roll, place the “note” and then change the length to 64. The problem is it won’t play the very last 2 beats of bar 4 no matter what the length is, resulting in an incomplete drum loop. Is this a bug, not possible, or am I doing something wrong?

Edit: I might have had it pitched wrong. I’ll check

• @db909 said:
    @jimpavloff I’m having trouble getting sampled 4 bar drum loops to play in their entirety. You advised me to go into the piano roll, place the “note” and then change the length to 64. The problem is it won’t play the very last 2 beats of bar 4 no matter what the length is, resulting in an incomplete drum loop. Is this a bug, not possible, or am I doing something wrong?

Ok I think I need some help. I had the project set to the same tempo as the 4 bar loop, 96. Do I set sample repitch on or off? Is there a certain octave C note I need to place it on? Seems it won’t loop completely

• wimwim
    edited March 2018

@db909 said:

@db909 said:

Ok I think I need some help. I had the project set to the same tempo as the 4 bar loop, 96. Do I set sample repitch on or off? Is there a certain octave C note I need to place it on? Seems it won’t loop completely

Maybe try setting the amp envelope with an infinite release?

All this would be sooooooo much easier if user samples could optionally be set to be "one-shot" so they would play all the way through with a single trigger.

[Edit] There's also a maximum length for user samples (I don't remember what it is). Are you maybe running up against that?

• @wim said:

@db909 said:

@db909 said:

All this would be sooooooo much easier if user samples could optionally be set to be "one-shot" so they would play all the way through with a single trigger.

[Edit] There's also a maximum length for user samples (I don't remember what it is). Are you maybe running up against that?

No if it’s too long you can’t import it period. Amp envelope has nothing to do with it. You are right one shots would make this so much easier. It feels silly to keep turning the jog wheel while it slowly gets to 64 steps in length in the piano roll. Now that I think about, maybe it’s because the loop is from Auxy and they always add extra room for fx tails. Goddammit there’s so much to consider with this crap sometimes. Thanks for trying to help!

• @jimpavloff Rendering/Exporting Pattern Stems exports Pad Labels/Pad name correctly - but not with Rendering Chained Pattern Stems - just says "Track01" etc

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff Rendering/Exporting Pattern Stems exports Pad Labels/Pad name correctly - but not with Rendering Chained Pattern Stems - just says "Track01" etc

That's right. It because each part can have several different names along the patterns in the chain.

• @wim said:

@db909 said:

@db909 said:

@db90 @jimpavloff I agree about "one shot " mode to play samples all the way through without decaying etc

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff Rendering/Exporting Pattern Stems exports Pad Labels/Pad name correctly - but not with Rendering Chained Pattern Stems - just says "Track01" etc

That's right. It because each part can have several different names along the patterns in the chain.

@jimpavloff ok cool -

• @stormbeats said:

@wim said:

@db909 said:

@db909 said:

@db90 @jimpavloff I agree about "one shot " mode to play samples all the way through without decaying etc

+1

• @db909 said:
    Now that I think about, maybe it’s because the loop is from Auxy and they always add extra room for fx tails. Goddammit there’s so much to consider with this crap sometimes. Thanks for trying to help!

This is an issue I find with a lot of apps when you export. The audio is either cut off at the end and does not include any note release or FX tails so it does note loop nicely or if it does have FX tails these it is still not loopable without editing yourself. Ideally all exports should have a make loop option so it adds the remainder to the beginning.

• @Mark B said:

@db909 said:
    Now that I think about, maybe it’s because the loop is from Auxy and they always add extra room for fx tails. Goddammit there’s so much to consider with this crap sometimes. Thanks for trying to help!

This is an issue I find with a lot of apps when you export. The audio is either cut off at the end and does not include any note release or FX tails so it does note loop nicely or if it does have FX tails these it is still not loopable without editing yourself. Ideally all exports should have a make loop option so it adds the remainder to the beginning.

Actually it was just extra space. I just cut it out in Audioshare and it works fine now thankfully

• I’m back to wishing for a one shot mode as well.

• @DCJ said:
    I’m back to wishing for a one shot mode as well.

I keeping that in mind.

• Wow! Quite an update

• Amazing update! Thanks Jim!

• Thank you, thank you, thank you Jim!
    Midi Out and muting the steps!
    This has made me so happy!

• Sweet..but a question...how do you assign the Midi Channel? I see where to enable MidiOut but where do i assign the pads which channels to perform on?

Thanks for the awesome update!!!!

• I think each pad is it’s channrl mumber. I think. 1-16.

• edited March 2018

@jimpavloff thanks for added features Jim - version 1.4.0
    I just installed and the app is crashing when rendering pattern audio and chain audio (ipad air2) ios 11.2.5 -I would test on my ipad pro 12.9 but really dont want to take the risk Anyone else having rendering audio issues

• Ahhhh. Brilliant. Works as advertised o:) > @MusicMan4Christ said:

I think each pad is it’s channrl mumber. I think. 1-16.