Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• @jimpavloff thanks for added features Jim - version 1.4.0 I just installed and the app is crashing when rendering pattern audio and chain audio (ipad air2) ios

• @jimpavloff i switched the ipad off and on and still app crashing when trying to render chain or pattern audio (ios11.2.5 / Air2)

• edited March 2018

Wow another GREAT UPDATE! Thank you Jim! Particularly loving the new easily accessible sample controls and the Empty Pattern, especially. That will be a perfect fun way to get stuff going quickly with all the ready to go sounds in the factory bank.

And what a thing to have a sequencer with an erase button that sends midi out. Excellent excellent.

• @db909 said:
    Wow another GREAT UPDATE! Thank you Jim! Particularly loving the new easily accessible sample controls and the Empty Pattern, especially. That will be a perfect fun way to get stuff going quickly with all the ready to go sounds in the factory bank.

And what a thing to have a sequencer with an erase button that sends midi out. Excellent excellent.

@db909 said:

@db909 if you get a chance can you test if you are able to render pattern or chain audio
    Thanks in advance

• @stormbeats said:

@db909 said:

@db909 said:

@db909 if you get a chance can you test if you are able to render pattern or chain audio
    Thanks in advance

Yeah it’s crashing for me too

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff i switched the ipad off and on and still app crashing when trying to render chain or pattern audio (ios11.2.5 / Air2)

Confirmed crashing, thanks. Will make a quick fix.

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff i switched the ipad off and on and still app crashing when trying to render chain or pattern audio (ios11.2.5 / Air2)

Confirmed crashing, thanks. Will make a quick fix.

@jimpavloff ok thanks

• edited March 2018

@db909 said:

@stormbeats said:

@db909 said:

@db909 said:

Thanks in advance

Yeah it’s crashing for me too

@db909 thanks for checking -Jim just comfirmed and is sorting

• edited March 2018

@jimpavloff getting another issue Jim - i re installed GR before you comfirmed the pattern audio rendering issues in the new 1.4.0 update After importing several of my backup patterns not all sounds are playing back like they are muted or something Its weird because I can see the notes in the edit screen
    I imported backup patterns via dropbox and files app

• Desk/Laptop software . You’re on notice . There’s a new sheriff in town!.. and his name is Pavlov!

• @jimpavloff i just emailed you the problem iam getting since 1.4.0 update Re importing patterns notes are not playing as originally sequenced
    Some patterns are ok others not

• The new patterns show off some cool applications of the Trig functions!

Thank you @jimpavloff

• @Telstar5 said:
    Desk/Laptop software . You’re on notice . There’s a new sheriff in town!.. and his name is Pavlov!

Cool, is he better than Mr Pavloff?

I hear he has a dog. ;)

• @TheVimFuego : He IS “Doc” Pavlov!

• @jimpavloff hi jim thanks for the email regarding weird changes in my pattern quantizes from re importing patterns after the new 1.4.0 update - i tried the quick fix solutions Utils/ Quantize Part/Quantize Note Length - the beats are all over the place and not how I originally triggered the groove etc - tried to do all the other Note Quantize methods but not helping to get back the original swing grooves I had - hope you can sort soon as

• One-shot mode! Hallelujah!

• Do Jim and his company ever sleep?
    How the hell do he manage to roll out all the feature update to Groove Rider GR16 in this tempo?
    Unbelievable!

Thanks for another mega update!!

• The midi out is pretty sweet synced up with Gadget. B)B)B)B)

• edited March 2018

Thanks Jim...

Edit..Poison 202 was bought..

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @DCJ said:
    One-shot mode! Hallelujah!

Couldn't this be achieved with the envelope? I know I used to set a long release.

• @Dawdles said:
    Trivial thing but in the skin designer can we please get option to remove the logo from the touchpad? Keeps throbbing at me and is a little distracting. Not really sure why that and also the name of app need to be so prominent in the ui and take up potential button space? People know what app they’re using as they already downloaded and opened it ;) Cheapens the overall visual design slightly imho. No big deal really but seems like an easy option to throw in settings?

There's one important thing, which blinking logo on the touchpad indicates - it lights up when MFX is on and currently processes the master output.

• @alecsbuga said:

@DCJ said:

Couldn't this be achieved with the envelope? I know I used to set a long release.

From what I can tell, one shot is a bit meaningless. At least when I loaded a loop and programmed a step with it. The loop mode on the other hand works great, any tempo, just enter the number of beats and it locks in perfectly.

So many funky possibilities with this I'm almost afraid of it...

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@alecsbuga said:

@DCJ said:

From what I can tell, one shot is a bit meaningless. At least when I loaded a loop and programmed a step with it. The loop mode on the other hand works great, any tempo, just enter the number of beats and it locks in perfectly.

@LucidMusicInc @alecsbuga "one shot" helps a lot - prior to having this having only the Envelopes - Release etc meant the samples especially long samples would fade out even with full Release/Envelope - also "one shot" on drums means what you load into GR is exactly what you hear back when triggering on the pads- then if you "need" to use the Envelopes the added option is there -

• edited March 2018

@stormbeats said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@alecsbuga said:

@DCJ said:

@LucidMusicInc @alecsbuga "one shot" helps a lot - prior to having this having only the Envelopes - Release etc meant the samples especially long samples would fade out even with full Release/Envelope - also "one shot" on drums means what you load into GR is exactly what you hear back when triggering on the pads- then if you "need" to use the Envelopes the added option is there -

@stormbeats Thanks I know what it is and what it's for. When I updated it and tested it I didn't hear any noticeable change though. When I programmed a step it played for the step and then cut. I'm not sure the one shot is properly working yet. But I could be wrong. :|

@alecsbuga also achievable by recording the note held down which seems to be the best way to do it for looping

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@stormbeats said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@alecsbuga said:

@DCJ said:

@stormbeats Thanks I know what it is and what it's for. When I updated it and tested it I didn't hear any noticeable change though. When I programmed a step it played for the step and then cut. I'm not sure the one shot is properly working yet. But I could be wrong. :|

@alecsbuga also achievable by recording the note held down which seems to be the best way to do it for looping

One shot works with amp envelope OFF. otherwise it will just follow the envelope

• @db909 said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@stormbeats said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@alecsbuga said:

@DCJ said:

One shot works with amp envelope OFF. otherwise it will just follow the envelope

Cool now it's working properly!

• edited March 2018

@db909 said:
    Particularly loving the new easily accessible sample controls and the Empty Pattern, especially.

How do you create an empty pattern?

• @ksound said:

@db909 said:
    Particularly loving the new easily accessible sample controls and the Empty Pattern, especially.

How do you create an empty pattern?

It’s empty as a verb. You pick a factory pattern or one of your own, then go to utilities menu and find “empty current pattern”. So it just clears all the notes in all parts but leaves the sound settings