Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• @alecsbuga said:

@DCJ said:
    One-shot mode! Hallelujah!

Couldn't this be achieved with the envelope? I know I used to set a long release.

Could be, but then you lose the use of the envelope. As wim pointed out earlier, if you have a really long sample of a cymbal crash, it’s much easier for it to be a one shot than to have a crazy long release. It’s a pretty standard option for drums I’d say.

• edited March 2018

@jimpavloff Great update again, can't wait to try sequencing other apps with the midi out!

Would it be possible to have both start/end points and decimate/boost with samples, rather than choosing between them? The new buttons on sample view are great, but if I switch to use decimate or boost, I lose the start and end points that I have set, and need to use boost quite often as my samples are too quiet next to the factory ones.

• edited March 2018

Wow! Can't wait to play with the MIDI out tonight. This is already huge...@jimpavloff, do you plan to add CC out in the future? That would be insane to do Elektron-style automation sequencing other apps and hardware.

• @cretakano said:
    @jimpavloff Great update again, can't wait to try sequencing other apps with the midi out!

Would it be possible to have both start/end points and decimate/boost with samples, rather than choosing between them? The new buttons on sample view are great, but if I switch to use decimate or boost, I lose the start and end points that I have set, and need to use boost quite often as my samples are too quiet next to the factory ones.

+1 agree 100%

• @cretakano said:

I always normalize the samples in Audioshare to make them louder

• @db909 said:

@cretakano said:

Yeah guess I could do that as a workaround for now, but don't really get why it's either start/end or decimate/boost. Would work great if it just remembered the settings when you switch between those pages.

• @cretakano said:

@db909 said:

@cretakano said:

Yeah guess I could do that as a workaround for now, but don't really get why it's either start/end or decimate/boost. Would work great if it just remembered the settings when you switch between those pages.

These features share the same parameter, so you can't use one of them without affecting another.

• Is anyone else getting occasional crackles and pops in the audio since the last update. Just playing a sound on the pads without the sequencer running does this. iPad 2017.

• Update live!

• wimwim
    edited March 2018

Single shot!!! Midi Out!!

Thanks so much @jimpavloff. This app now has officially everything I could hope for. And I’m truly not one to say things like that lightly.

Brilliant!! Off to find my thesaurus to come up with some more superlatives for my App Store review. It’s getting somewhat ridiculous at this point.

• what is 'single shot' midi out?

• @jimpavloff thanks Jim - Rendering Audio and Pattern Import Quantize issue is working ok now.

• @jimpavloff and anyone else - does the new midi option mean each pad can be used as a midi channel 1-16 meaning 16 seperate midi tracks?
    I'am trying to do this in Auria Pro and Audio Evo Mobile - can't see an option to load GR as an IAA Instrument.
    Thanks in advance .

• @wim said:

Thanks so much @jimpavloff. This app now has officially everything I could hope for. And I’m truly not one to say things like that lightly.

Brilliant!! Off to find my thesaurus to come up with some more superlatives for my App Store review. It’s getting somewhat ridiculous at this point.

@wlm - if possible can you help with "single shot midi out" Is this midi channels 1-16 per pad?

• @jimpavloff is the virtual midi out only for triggering other instruments? I was thinking it was midi per Grooverider pads 1-16 - bit confused - if possible can anyone give a clear explanation of what the midi virtual outs are for - I can't see any option in Auria Pro to load GR as an Instrument per 16 midi tracks -

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff is the virtual midi out only for triggering other instruments? I was thinking it was midi per Grooverider pads 1-16 - bit confused - if possible can anyone give a clear explanation of what the midi virtual outs are for - I can't see any option in Auria Pro to load GR as an Instrument per 16 midi tracks -

I think there's virtual midi which opens up a GR Midi out port, which is what most of us want, and network midi, which connects over wifi to the computer.

• edited March 2018

@jimpavloff said:

@cretakano said:

@db909 said:

@cretakano said:

These features share the same parameter, so you can't use one of them without affecting another.

@jimpavloff - would it be possible to vertically drag up/down on waveforrm in sample edit screen i.e SHIFT then drag up/down to add or subtrack gain/boost - that could be a workaround? that way can have "boost and decimate" option in sample edit window. I know this is in iMPC Pro - (Amplify)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff is the virtual midi out only for triggering other instruments? I was thinking it was midi per Grooverider pads 1-16 - bit confused - if possible can anyone give a clear explanation of what the midi virtual outs are for - I can't see any option in Auria Pro to load GR as an Instrument per 16 midi tracks -

Example how to use midi out to play Poison-202:
    Open two standalone apps, GR-16 and Poison-202. Ensure that background mode is enabled in both apps. In GR-16 Settings, enable Virtual Midi Out port. In Poison-202 settings page, set Midi In Source to "GR-16 Midi Out" and set Midi In Channel to, let's say, 1. Go to GR-16, and play or sequence some notes on the Part 1. These notes will be played both ways, internally in GR-16, and externally, through the Poison-202 current patch. Turn down volume on the Part 1 of GR-16 to make sound come only from Poison-202.

The same way is with another apps, that support Midi In and Midi Channel filter.

• @stormbeats said:

@wim said:

@wlm - if possible can you help with "single shot midi out" Is this midi channels 1-16 per pad?

Sorry for the confusion. Those are two separate things, not one. One-shot just means that you can set a user sample to play all the way through no matter how long the note length. Before you had to either play the note long enough for a whole sample to play out, or mess with the Amp envelope release time. For something like a long cymbal hit that was more work. Midi out just means each pad can send it’s notes out to other apps. Each pad sends on the midi channel of its pad number.

• @wim said:

@stormbeats said:

@wim said:

Sorry for the confusion. Those are two separate things, not one. One-shot just means that you can set a user sample to play all the way through no matter how long the note length. Before you had to either play the note long enough for a whole sample to play out, or mess with the Amp envelope release time. For something like a long cymbal hit that was more work. Midi out just means each pad can send it’s notes out to other apps. Each pad sends on the midi channel of its pad number.

ok no worries I thought that's what you meant regarding one shot - cool.

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

Example how to use midi out to play Poison-202:
    Open two standalone apps, GR-16 and Poison-202. Ensure that background mode is enabled in both apps. In GR-16 Settings, enable Virtual Midi Out port. In Poison-202 settings page, set Midi In Source to "GR-16 Midi Out" and set Midi In Channel to, let's say, 1. Go to GR-16, and play or sequence some notes on the Part 1. These notes will be played both ways, internally in GR-16, and externally, through the Poison-202 current patch. Turn down volume on the Part 1 of GR-16 to make sound come only from Poison-202.

The same way is with another apps, that support Midi In and Midi Channel filter.

@jimpavloff ok thanks for info - you deserve a well earnt break only a few days though (I'am joking ;-)In your own time virtual seperate audio outputs 1-16 would be excellent and I know I mentioned before inbuilt sampler - no rush at all Jim and thanks for sorting the Pattern rendering & Pattern import note quantize issue - all is working excellent now

• @Dawdles said:

@jimpavloff said:

@Dawdles said:
    Trivial thing but in the skin designer can we please get option to remove the logo from the touchpad? Keeps throbbing at me and is a little distracting. Not really sure why that and also the name of app need to be so prominent in the ui and take up potential button space? People know what app they’re using as they already downloaded and opened it ;) Cheapens the overall visual design slightly imho. No big deal really but seems like an easy option to throw in settings?

There's one important thing, which blinking logo on the touchpad indicates - it lights up when MFX is on and currently processes the master output.

Ah fair enough then :)

+1 on the posts asking for sample decimate and start point to be available simultaneously. Even better would be saturation and basic eq per channel in the mixer.

Would also love to see a spring reverb added to the insert fx.

Or if separate audio outputs in to beatmaker tracks is eventually possible that would be amazing and no real need for any of the above :)

+1 separate audio outputs.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @jimpavloff the one shot mode in combination with the AMP EG is brilliant - can do really tight envelope shaping now.

• @jimpavloff no rush at all but be good to get a search pattern option - easier than scrolling through lots of patterns created . Also an auto screen scroll option when pattern is playing in the note edit window though not a major issue.

• @jimpavloff the Fine Pitch adjustment control is excellent Jim - that helps a lot.

• My god when will there be a break from requests? I’ve never seen so many items met in such a short time while seeing so many piled on immediately after. Let’s just live with it for a bit. Find some workarounds. Get creative. Come on guys, we can do this!

• @bcrichards said:
    Wow! Can't wait to play with the MIDI out tonight. This is already huge...@jimpavloff, do you plan to add CC out in the future? That would be insane to do Elektron-style automation sequencing other apps and hardware.

I had such fun sequencing Zeeon and ReSlice last night. This is exactly what I'd been hoping for when the app was released originally.

@DCJ said:
    My god when will there be a break from requests? I’ve never seen so many items met in such a short time while seeing so many piled on immediately after. Let’s just live with it for a bit. Find some workarounds. Get creative. Come on guys, we can do this!

Speaking for myself, it's hard not to get excited about where this app might go precisely BECAUSE the developer has done such a stellar job of fine tuning and adding features. I'm just curious if CC out is in the works and if he'd consider it. My request isn't meant to be badger him or come off as ungrateful.

• Still pining for an option to expand touchpad size. More freedom of movement on the touchpad = better playing