Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• @bcrichards I get it. Everyone is being polite for the most part and Jim has been a champ with the requests. You have every right to do whatever you feel. I’m just watching us each give our individual amazing/necessary/perfect for my workflow request and realizing why a lot of developers avoid us like the plague. :D

• @DCJ said:
    My god when will there be a break from requests? I’ve never seen so many items met in such a short time while seeing so many piled on immediately after. Let’s just live with it for a bit. Find some workarounds. Get creative. Come on guys, we can do this!

Heh. Same. B)

I guess it'll never end, and that's totally cool. But as for me, I'm done. This thing is fully baked IMO. o:)

• Guys is there a way to copy a part’s settings from another pattern?
    Like in pattern 1 I have a bass setup on part 2 but when I go to Pattern 2 I wanna bring in that same Part 2. How can I do this?

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Guys is there a way to copy a part’s settings from another pattern?
    Like in pattern 1 I have a bass setup on part 2 but when I go to Pattern 2 I wanna bring in that same Part 2. How can I do this?

Go to Pattern 1 Part 2 -> [Copy] - > Go Pattern 2 Part 2 -> [Copy], and select "Paste Part Sound" from the paste dialog. Then Write to save changes if needed.

• We’re not WORTHY!!!!!!’ :Do:)<3<3<3

Mucho Amor! <3<3<3<3

Thanks Jim you rock!!!

It works perfectly!

@jimpavloff said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Guys is there a way to copy a part’s settings from another pattern?

Go to Pattern 1 Part 2 -> [Copy] - > Go Pattern 2 Part 2 -> [Copy], and select "Paste Part Sound" from the paste dialog. Then Write to save changes if needed.

• edited March 2018

@DCJ said:
    @bcrichards I get it. Everyone is being polite for the most part and Jim has been a champ with the requests. You have every right to do whatever you feel. I’m just watching us each give our individual amazing/necessary/perfect for my workflow request and realizing why a lot of developers avoid us like the plague. :D

@DCJ Fair points but unlike many other apps that become stuck at semi pro "app" level Grooverider has developed way beyond an app Now GR makes me forget I'am using an ipad after the excellent fine tuning jim has achieved - all the improvements are what has now made GR become KING of iOS The app reviews alone prove this and think of the future reviews when something else has been improved on Also consider other apps that need other apps to make a full production GR more or less does most things now . Without the polite past requests to help GR climb to the top this GR page of the forum wouldn't be leading the way - we must be doing something right and want the best for Jim - I'am not having a go at you but just giving thoughts peace .

• @stormbeats said:

@DCJ said:
    @bcrichards I get it. Everyone is being polite for the most part and Jim has been a champ with the requests. You have every right to do whatever you feel. I’m just watching us each give our individual amazing/necessary/perfect for my workflow request and realizing why a lot of developers avoid us like the plague. :D

@DCJ Fair points but unlike many other apps that become stuck at semi pro "app" level Grooverider has developed way beyond an app Now GR makes me forget I'am using an ipad after the excellent fine tuning jim has achieved - all the improvements are what has now made GR become KING of iOS The app reviews alone prove this and think of the future reviews when something else has been improved on Also consider other apps that need other apps to make a full production GR more or less does most things now . Without the polite past requests to help GR climb to the top this GR page of the forum wouldn't be leading the way - we must be doing something right and want the best for Jim - I'am not having a go at you but just giving thoughts peace .

I hear you. Lot of thing could have been sent through email and made this thread easier to follow for those looking for answers and advice.

• edited March 2018

Midi Out. Super Cool Fun!! Thanks Jim.

• edited March 2018

@DCJ said:

@stormbeats said:

@DCJ said:

I hear you. Lot of thing could have been sent through email and made this thread easier to follow for those looking for answers and advice.

@DCJ i hear you though an email isn't a "community". Share ideas, problem solving between forum members leading to the often shared needed requests etc - no probs.

• Created a project in Cubasis 16 midi tracks!
    Played GR16 and it sent the whole midi enchilada all at once! Bam!

GR is king of IOS!

• If we did get a bigger touchpad, it could be velocity sensitive on the y axis and then that would just be super dope. By the way I’m learning some cool sound design possibilities from digging through the factory patterns. Transparency is very nice.

• I want to thank @stormbeats for making such great requests. Every developer can say when enough is enough (just like Bram Bos has said he probably won’t be developing the Rozeta suite further) but until then...

• @Mark B said:
    Is anyone else getting occasional crackles and pops in the audio since the last update. Just playing a sound on the pads without the sequencer running does this. iPad 2017.

@jimpavloff I think I have narrowed this down. It was after I was using midi out to Cubasis. Restarting the iPad made the audio crackles disappear but it occurs again if I set the Midi Out to Cubasis and enable Virtual Midi Out. When I close Cubasis I can turn off Virtual Midi but cannot change midi out to No Device - it stays stuck on Cubasis.

• @Mark B said:

@Mark B said:
    Is anyone else getting occasional crackles and pops in the audio since the last update. Just playing a sound on the pads without the sequencer running does this. iPad 2017.

@jimpavloff I think I have narrowed this down. It was after I was using midi out to Cubasis. Restarting the iPad made the audio crackles disappear but it occurs again if I set the Midi Out to Cubasis and enable Virtual Midi Out. When I close Cubasis I can turn off Virtual Midi but cannot change midi out to No Device - it stays stuck on Cubasis.

Cubasis has some issues with quitting in IOS 11.

• @gusgranite said:
    I want to thank @stormbeats for making such great requests. Every developer can say when enough is enough (just like Bram Bos has said he probably won’t be developing the Rozeta suite further) but until then...

So until a developer yells uncle, we will not yield? :D

Do you think any of them would come out and admit they’re sick of being bombed with requests? Would be pretty bad PR. I just think we need to be aware of how our collective response lands on developers. Not against requests here. I’ve made them. This is a great place to make them. But what’s so bad about moderation?

And when is it better to email a dev and say “i think I found a bug”?

• @DCJ said:

@gusgranite said:
    I want to thank @stormbeats for making such great requests. Every developer can say when enough is enough (just like Bram Bos has said he probably won’t be developing the Rozeta suite further) but until then...

Do you think any of them would come out and admit they’re sick of being bombed with requests? Would be pretty bad PR. I just think we need to be aware of how our collective response lands on developers. Not against requests here. I’ve made them. This is a great place to make them. But what’s so bad about moderation?

I respectfully disagree. I think you might be being a little sensitive about this. It’s all cool to me. In fact I think it is a shining model of development. But then I thought Iostress was cool too and look at the reaction he got.

• @gusgranite said:

@DCJ said:

@gusgranite said:

I respectfully disagree. I think you might be being a little sensitive about this. It’s all cool to me. In fact I think it is a shining model of development. But then I thought Iostress was cool too and look at the reaction he got.

Maybe sensitive on behalf of developers? Definitely not sensitive on a personal level. Guilty of many things but that isn’t one of them. :)
    But it’s all good! We adults can respectfully disagree.

• @jimpavloff hats off to you sir. This app has become one of my favorite apps ever. I think if we get cc out at some point in addition to the existing midi out so that we can use the P-locks with external apps I will not need any more features added whatsoever.

• @gusgranite said:

@DCJ said:

@gusgranite said:

Haha! Water under the bridge ;) I’ve barely touched gr16 since then to be honest. In the end I found the sound design and mixing aspects too restricted. Even with midi out.

It’s the best sequencer app in the store if the onboard synth and fx and sample editing are to your taste but I find other iOS synths and fx better for my needs and the trade off doesn’t balance out for me personally just to get trig conditions, parameter locks and the other cool stuff gr16 does. I really wish it did, and I tried hard to integrate it, but no dice..

Midi output is cool but clunky compared to jamming and editing AU’s in Bm3. Same with lack of nested sample folders vs BM3 sample library. And no fluid way to record a full jam to separate stems...

All added up to a gradual dealbreaker for me personally. I keep eye on updates and this thread though and also hoping Jim’s next app will host AU and have better browsing and I’ll be all over it.

• edited March 2018

@gusgranite said:

@gusgranite cool dude appreciated - I forsee/saw GR's potential from version1 - it's so good I'am actually going to sell my hardware Akai MPC and Akai S950. - GR has reached it's goal for sure - and it's status is KING - the only one thing I would like is a way to extend 4bar patterns by merging them into at least 8/16bars. and waveform boost in the sample edit window using vertical touch up/down to add/subtract volume gain/boost.
    And I always say to Jim no rush or demand - thanks again Gus -peace

• edited March 2018

I think the few things left (for me that is) is:

• The ability to start/stop/record and mute/un-mute part etc. via MIDI.
    • MIDI learn for easy set up of external/internal MIDI controllers.

This app and developer are AMAZING!!!

• The only thing still still missing for me is to be able to start the play head position at a set point to make it easier editing a 4 bar sequence. You can kind of do it switching to jump mode but it’s kind of clunky. With the trigg conditions where you can now have 8/16 etc bar loops I don’t know how this could best be implemented.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    @jimpavloff hats off to you sir. This app has become one of my favorite apps ever. I think if we get cc out at some point in addition to the existing midi out so that we can use the P-locks with external apps I will not need any more features added whatsoever.

My thoughts exactly!

And like @stormbeats I forget I am using an iPad and am tempted to sell my hardware electribe now.

I definately see @DCJ point and try to hold back from pestering Jim, but he implemented a feature I asked for and it made a massive improvement in how I use the app (being able to mute steps).

It really is a fantastic instrument, but I need a thesaurus as well to give more eloquent praise. I bought poison as a token of my appreciation and now have another great synth to sequence from groove rider! :)

• edited March 2018

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Created a project in Cubasis 16 midi tracks!

GR is king of IOS!

Wouldn't it be nice if those drums parts (Say 8 parts/channels... Kick, Snare, Hats, etc.) could be just one channel (Say Channel 10) instead of separate drum parts/channels.. There should be an option to chose 'channels' per pad... Just saying..

• @RajahP said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

GR is king of IOS!

Wouldn't it be nice if those drums parts (Say 8 parts/channels... Kick, Snare, Hats, etc.) could be just one channel (Say Channel 10) instead of separate drum parts/channels.. There should be an option to chose 'channels' per pad... Just saying..

Throw a loop on channel ten and play it in slice mode B)

• Would be nice but I kind of like my drums on separate channels for effects and stuff. But I see it what you mean. ;)

@RajahP said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

GR is king of IOS!

• @Mark B said:

@Mark B said:

Thanks for investigating this issue, will check and try to find what causes this.

• @RajahP said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

GR is king of IOS!

This could be nice for added flexibility. Though I do see the logic of keeping the channel filtering and routing on the receiving end for simplicity-sake in the app.

In AUM you can set up a single channel to receive from GR-16 on Midi channels 9-16 easily enough. Other hosts aren't always so accommodating though, so then you need some other kind filtering / routing.

I'm good with it as-is, but I get your point.

• edited March 2018

@Telengard said:

@Telengard said:

Yes, this, individual outs and maybe basic high cut/low cut eq per channel.
    Though for me it probably would do with a few assignable outs, maybe 16 would also put some high strain on the cpu?

What do people think of (like) 4 assignable outs (even assignable per pattern??) and maybe an assignable fx send out that could be p-locked /automated?

Or would you rather prefer to do all mixing in, for example AUM then? Would probably do if CC automation could be sent.

I like dynamic fx and effecting only certain steps (also conditional!) sometimes.

So extended fx send automation would better fit the style of the app, I guess.

If it gets full MIDI control, I could get rid of my Electribe Sampler. Touchscreen control is not a proper option for a live setup with multiple devices. Can I mix volume levels over MIDI at least now?

• edited March 2018

Would need some extra channel for mapping controls for the current part parameters. I think most people don‘t have too many knobs available, maybe for volume control of 16
    parts max + for some most important parameters of the currently edited part.

So, a little tricky to do right.