Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• @DaveMagoo said:
    @jimpavloff slightly off topic but any chance of seeing both of Poison’s oscillators on the same page minus the keyboard? This would be great for sound design and when used with an external controller :)

Poison-202 development has been discontinued, and now it is in support only state.

• @jimpavloff said:
    Poison-202 development has been discontinued, and now it is in support only state.

Hope Poison-202 will 'survive' iOS12 when it drops...
    Maybe there's already a 'Matrix Poison' cooking where everything can modulate everything ;)

• @jimpavloff would it be possible in Settings to have the Filter and Decimate/Bitcrush Dials display the frequency values in hz/khz also really would help if there were number values displayed in sample edit & slice mode if by mistake the user lets go of SHIFT Button and sample start/end points move drastically.
    Any thoughts on toggling the SHIFT Button on/off?
    Thanks again for creating GR Jim -
    Any plans on creating other grooveboxes? GR for sure is leading this niche in app grooveboxes
    I see a Jim Audio Akai MPC60/Emu SP1200 hint hint
    :-)

• @jimpavloff said:

@DaveMagoo said:
    @jimpavloff slightly off topic but any chance of seeing both of Poison’s oscillators on the same page minus the keyboard? This would be great for sound design and when used with an external controller :)

This sounds so harsh :#:)

• @Samu said:

@jimpavloff said:

Hope Poison-202 will 'survive' iOS12 when it drops...

I’m sure it will survive...but I think we are exiting the golden age of iOS synth/instrument development.

• @realdavidai said:

I’m sure it will survive...but I think we are exiting the golden age of iOS synth/instrument development.

Nah, VOLT from numericalaudio(Kai Aras) will be out next week (29th) and I'm pretty sure more will follow...

• @Samu said:

@realdavidai said:

Nah, VOLT from numericalaudio(Kai Aras) will be out next week (29th) and I'm pretty sure more will follow...

Universal? What’s the built in keyboard situation?

• @db909 said:

As far as I know it will be universal.
    Doug made a video about it a while ago :)
    (Sounds awesome).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jnu5FGPsvfk

• @Samu said:

@db909 said:

As far as I know it will be universal.
    Doug made a video about it a while ago :)
    (Sounds awesome).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jnu5FGPsvfk

No scale lock? That’s a real bummer

• edited March 2018

@jimpavloff getting notes muting cut off from others in slice mode - the pad is set to poly/sample mode one shot/part setting mute group none/AMP EG is off.

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff getting notes muting cut off from others in slice mode - the pad is set to poly/sample mode one shot/part setting mute group none/AMP EG is off.

Make your notes shorter a bit, not to overlap each other. That is probably the reason.

• 2600 comments have ALMOST pushed me over the edge to trying this one out. Hmmm.

• edited March 2018

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

Make your notes shorter a bit, not to overlap each other. That is probably the reason.

@jimpavloff ok cool - i wasnt aware they would cut off in Poly ?

• @Tarekith said:
    2600 comments have ALMOST pushed me over the edge to trying this one out. Hmmm.

Then you can thank @stormbeats as he comments at least a dozen times per day to this thread >:)

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@Tarekith said:

Then you can thank @stormbeats as he comments at least a dozen times per day to this thread >:)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0SYQ13JeXvmLapajabkUgw/videos
    And your albums are doing really well g.

• @stormbeats said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@Tarekith said:

keep up the good work..your youtube views are peaking -

• @stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@Tarekith said:

@LucidMusicInc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um1S-C0zUQo

• @stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@Tarekith said:

I'm getting a bit of a sarcasm vibe here. I'm not going to brag openly about my stats, they're visible for anyone to see. The channel is six months old. I'd say it's a success, though I don't put enough time into it. Youtube's got a lot of music on it, and some really good music too, but the best music doesn't always get the most clicks and views so I don't really care what the numbers mean. Quality over quantity is my credo.

• edited March 2018

@LucidMusicInc your music actually sounds ok - but initial sarcasm sparks a fair retaliation - i believe in musicianship without compromise for talent/art - all the best in your music .

• @stormbeats said:
    @LucidMusicInc your music actually sounds ok - but initial sarcasm sparks a fair retaliation - i believe in musicianship without compromise for talent/art - all the best in your music .

Well played sir. B)

• forgive me if this has been asked already but does groove rider have 'nudge notes' feature, and if so at what increments?

• @kobamoto said:
    forgive me if this has been asked already but does groove rider have 'nudge notes' feature, and if so at what increments?

Yeah it’s in the piano roll type editor, bottom row of header, you can shift it an entire 16th note with 100 increments in between I think. Not something I use I much so that’s all I know

• Hey Guys.

Is there a way to quickly mute internal sound on all channels when using GR-16 as midi out sequencer?

Cheers.

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Hey Guys.

Is there a way to quickly mute internal sound on all channels when using GR-16 as midi out sequencer?

Cheers.

Shift with mute mode will solo a pad. Or change patterns to one with no notes.

• edited March 2018

@LucidMusicInc said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    Hey Guys.

Cheers.

Thanks. Was hoping there was a way to just mute all 16 internal channels at once, I’ll give the solo function a go to see if that will do a close job of it.

Also looking for a way to make just one part chromatic while all other parts adhere to a particular scale. This is to try and sequence external Drums via midi on one channel while all others stick to the song scale.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    Hey Guys.

Cheers.

Thanks. Was hoping there was a way to just mute all 16 internal channels at once, I’ll give the solo function a go to see if that will do a close job of it.

Also looking for a way to make just one part chromatic while all other parts adhere to a particular scale. This is to try and sequence external Drums via midi on one channel while all others stick to the song scale.

Scale is pattern specific. Chromatic is your best and only option ;)

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    Hey Guys.

Cheers.

Ah, ok thanks for confirming.

Mute also doesn’t appear to help in my use case as it mutes the midi output. Looks like I need to manually lower output level in all 16 channels. Would be great to see a setting for this geared to midi use.

Super app though!

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    Hey Guys.

Cheers.

Didn’t get this working however. Mute button highlighted, pressing shift and pad just muted the pad.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    Hey Guys.

Cheers.

Mute also doesn’t appear to help in my use case as it mutes the midi output. Looks like I need to manually lower output level in all 16 channels. Would be great to see a setting for this geared to midi use.

Super app though!

Scale affects only what notes are mapped to the pads or touchpad, it does not change anything already recorded. So just record some parts with your chosen scale and then change it to chromatic for the others.

• edited March 2018

@db909 said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    Hey Guys.

Cheers.

Super app though!

Scale affects only what notes are mapped to the pads or touchpad, it does not change anything already recorded. So just record some parts with your chosen scale and then change it to chromatic for the others.

Ah, ok cool, thanks. I was wondering if I could just record the drums chromatically then switch out to a scale for the other parts.

Sounds promising. Will give that a go shortly.

EDIT: Yep, works perfectly. Thanks.