Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• @SpookyZoo said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    Hey Guys.

Is there a way to quickly mute internal sound on all channels when using GR-16 as midi out sequencer?

Cheers.

Shift with mute mode will solo a pad. Or change patterns to one with no notes.

Thanks. Was hoping there was a way to just mute all 16 internal channels at once, I’ll give the solo function a go to see if that will do a close job of it.

Also looking for a way to make just one part chromatic while all other parts adhere to a particular scale. This is to try and sequence external Drums via midi on one channel while all others stick to the song scale.

Scale is pattern specific. Chromatic is your best and only option ;)

Ah, ok thanks for confirming.

Mute also doesn’t appear to help in my use case as it mutes the midi output. Looks like I need to manually lower output level in all 16 channels. Would be great to see a setting for this geared to midi use.

Super app though!

I have a very small wav file that is just silence that I assign to the pads I want midi only on. That way no messing with faders or anything else, and virtually no processing hit. I do this in patterning too. You can get it here if you like.

• @wim said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    Hey Guys.

Is there a way to quickly mute internal sound on all channels when using GR-16 as midi out sequencer?

Cheers.

Thanks. Was hoping there was a way to just mute all 16 internal channels at once, I’ll give the solo function a go to see if that will do a close job of it.

Also looking for a way to make just one part chromatic while all other parts adhere to a particular scale. This is to try and sequence external Drums via midi on one channel while all others stick to the song scale.

Mute also doesn’t appear to help in my use case as it mutes the midi output. Looks like I need to manually lower output level in all 16 channels. Would be great to see a setting for this geared to midi use.

Super app though!

I have a very small wav file that is just silence that I assign to the pads I want midi only on. That way no messing with faders or anything else, and virtually no processing hit. I do this in patterning too. You can get it here if you like.

Ah yeah, good thinking. Remember you mentioning this for Patterning and it's the same kinda workaround needed in BM3 too.

• Really dig the in app demo song, Transparency. Shows what a great sound can be created with the app alone.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@db909 said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    Hey Guys.

Cheers.

Super app though!

Scale affects only what notes are mapped to the pads or touchpad, it does not change anything already recorded. So just record some parts with your chosen scale and then change it to chromatic for the others.

Ah, ok cool, thanks. I was wondering if I could just record the drums chromatically then switch out to a scale for the other parts.

Sounds promising. Will give that a go shortly.

EDIT: Yep, works perfectly. Thanks.

nice, and thanks again db

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Really dig the in app demo song, Transparency. Shows what a great sound can be created with the app alone.

Probably my favorite as well

• Hey Groove Rider experts...

Are there any tips on how to record chords being played into the app via external midi controller?

Ta .

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Hey Groove Rider experts...

Are there any tips on how to record chords being played into the app via external midi controller?

Ta .

What do you mean? Setting up external midi? Should be pretty straightforward via the midi settings. But remember each part can only do up to 4 voices of polyphony so you’ll have to work within that still.

• edited March 2018

Yeah. I’m trying to record simple 3 note chords into a new user pattern via a midi keyboard but it’s only accepting recording ‘monophonically’.

Not sure what setting I need to tweak.

If I try to play chords in a demo pattern it’s fine but a brand new user pattern is only recording one note of a chord.

I’m currently ‘RTFM’-ing but not found the answer yet.

• Got it... Poly button!!

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Got it... Poly button!!

Haha yep

• D’oh!! 😜

• I have just noticed that the tails of notes are cut off when changing patterns, I don't think this used to happen.

I have tested this in one shot mode and normal with a long release. It even cuts off between two patterns that are identical copies of each other.

Has anyone else noticed this recently? Did it come in with the addition of the one shot mode?

• After the new midi out implementation this is terning out to be my favourite sequenser for auria.
    Is there a way to transpose a sequense of notes in the pianoroll with the jog wheel instead of just one at the time?

• @NTKK said:
    After the new midi out implementation this is terning out to be my favourite sequenser for auria.
    Is there a way to transpose a sequense of notes in the pianoroll with the jog wheel instead of just one at the time?

You can, per bar, hold shift and drag across the piano roll to highlight multiple notes and then you can move them with the jog wheel.

• Thx - shift it is🤓

• Hi all!
    How does this gr-16 compare to sugar bytes egoist or ispark?
    @jimpavloff will you implement a song mode?
    Thanks.

• Kinda similar to iSpark, but with an elegant and powerful synthesis engine, and a slicer, and everything except the mixer on one screen. Although I rarely use iSpark, its song mode does rock, I have to say.

• @fattigman said:
    Hi all!
    @jimpavloff will you implement a song mode?
    Thanks.

You can chain patterns together and export the chain as an audio file. Similar to Egoist, you can get creative with how you copy, sounds, notes, patterns, and chains to make variations of your creations. You definitely will be using the jog wheel and the menus if you want to make very precise edits to your material which you can in GR-16. You can import/export whole banks so in many respects you can use specific banks on projects or songs to organize your workflow. Egoist might be easier in terms of coming up with material using random dice which GR-16 doesn’t have.

• (More comparisons to iSpark - I don't have egoist) Lots of terrific groove and arp templates, probablility and step-actions, stem export (pattern and song), more flexible project export, files app integration, midi out ... off the top of my head.

Plus an active developer. When was the last update to iSpark? :o

• @wim said:
    Kinda similar to iSpark, but with an elegant and powerful synthesis engine, and a slicer, and everything except the mixer on one screen. Although I rarely use iSpark, its song mode does rock, I have to say.

what kind of slicing does it have?

• @wim said:
    Kinda similar to iSpark, but with an elegant and powerful synthesis engine, and a slicer, and everything except the mixer on one screen. Although I rarely use iSpark, its song mode does rock, I have to say.

And Grooverider is great on iPhone. iSpark is not on iPhone at all. :(

• Does it have multiple outputs so it can be used in conjunction with an IAA host and AU effects?

• @kobamoto said:

@wim said:

Manual. It defaults to 16 equal slices, one for each pad. You can zoom in and adjust start and end points fairly accurately. Check the online manual for further details.

• @fattigman said:
    Does it have multiple outputs so it can be used in conjunction with an IAA host and AU effects?

Not at this time.

• @wim said:

@kobamoto said:

@wim said:

Manual. It defaults to 16 equal slices, one for each pad. You can zoom in and adjust start and end points fairly accurately. Check the online manual for further details.

ahh ok , thanks

• @fattigman said:
    Hi all!

iSpark can sample audio from inside the app!
    And it can trigger up to 6 velocity-layered or round-robin samples. And it supports stereo samples. And it has many great FX.
    It can also send and receive MIDI clock.
    What it cannot do is polyphonic sequencing, so it's more like a high-end drum machine with the option to sequence a bass or lead line too.

SB Egoist is the most immediate when it comes to slicing and rearranging slices, it supports stereo samples and has both Ableton Link and full MIDI sync, master and slave.

None of them really compare to GR-16.
    GR-16 is the closest to an Electribe-style groove box you can get, except that lacks the MIDI sync and stereo sampling.

• @rs2000 thank you. They all sound great. I want them all but I don’t have the time to learn all of them. The most important for me is how well an app intergrates with the ios ecosystem like AU effects.

• @fattigman said:
    @rs2000 thank you. They all sound great. I want them all but I don’t have the time to learn all of them. The most important for me is how well an app intergrates with the ios ecosystem like AU effects.

GR16 works as a midi sequencer so you can combine to your hearts content. Hook it up to as many synths and fx as you can and port the audio from Gr into any daw. Alternatively make your own samples and import them to GR16 and further modulate them with the onboard fx.

• @fattigman said:
    @rs2000 thank you. They all sound great. I want them all but I don’t have the time to learn all of them. The most important for me is how well an app intergrates with the ios ecosystem like AU effects.

To be clear: None of the tree apps can host AUv3 instruments or FX.
    But that was not the point in the first place. GR-16 is meant to be used and abused standalone, and you can really do a lot this way. Especially if you're ready to prepare your own sample collection of choice to get over the lack of in-app sampling.
    The lack of AU support somewhat forces you to do more inside GR-16, and imho that's a good way to get creative.
    If you're really looking for a DAW-like approach with IAA, AUv3 and audio recording support, Auria/Cubasis/Beatmaker 3Audio Evolution/n-Track Studio/Multitrack Studio are made for that purpose.