Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• edited May 2018

@bcrichards thanks so much for the detailed answer!

I see it's pretty deep and well thought of. I will surely miss at least a 6 notes polyphony (I feel if you want to write rich augmented or diminished chords, this is a minimum).
    Can you play chords from other apps like ChordPolyApp and record them in GR-16 sequencer?

I'll also miss some more in debt sound design capabilities too but will give it a try anyhow.

Yes. In Seq+Edit mode, you can hold a step's pad and alter that step's parameters for Elektron style p-locks.

In this mode can you p-lock any parameter? Synths parameters, delays, lfo's or mod matrix values (although there probably isn't any mod matrix in there)?

• @stelvio You can record in from any other app that will send midi to Grooverider. As far as I know, every parameter can be p-locked. There is one modulation source available on each part, and it can be assigned to a number of different targets. The manual is very well written and gives a solid run down on the different possibilities.

https://www.jimaudio.pro/grooverider/grooverider_manual.pdf

• @stelvio said:
    @bcrichards thanks so much for the detailed answer!

I'll also miss some more in debt sound design capabilities too but will give it a try anyhow.

I'm always surprised at the sounds I can achieve, but yes, it's a very different approach. There's midi-out, so you can send note and velocity data (only) to other synths or to a DAW. No cc sending though.

• @bcrichards said:
    @jimpavloff give us some in-app purchases. I got this at intro pricing and I feel as if I've made out.

Yes, I'm thinking to add in-app purchases for additional factory pattern banks in different styles. I was talking about it with Dean @ Electronisounds (who made several great GR-16 tutorial videos last days), he advised me some things about it. Maybe he'll even participate to create some cool pattern bank for GR-16 in the future.

• edited May 2018

@jimpavloff said:

@bcrichards said:
    @jimpavloff give us some in-app purchases. I got this at intro pricing and I feel as if I've made out.

Yes, I'm thinking to add in-app purchases for additional factory pattern banks in different styles. I was talking about it with Dean @ Electronisounds (who made several great GR-16 tutorial videos last days), he advised me some things about it. Maybe he'll even participate to create some cool pattern bank for GR-16 in the future.

I’d love to contribute patterns if needed. I have tons now and at this point I know how to get them sounding polished. Also personally I’d be more likely to buy an IAP of new fully sampled instruments

• @jimpavloff
    Is the 4 voices polyphony a difficult technical limitation to overcome?

• edited May 2018

Maybe it’s me.. but , if only one can transpose ‘pattern banks’ key/scale (easily).. well, this will be like Blocs Wave on steroids..

Looking forward to the IAPs.

• wimwim
    edited May 2018

@RajahP said:
    Maybe it’s me.. but , if only one can transpose ‘pattern banks’ key/scale (easily).. well this will be like Blocs Wave on steroids..

For many people, several of the parts would be drum parts, which you wouldn't want to transpose. Transpose is there, but it's part-by-part, which is fine for me, but I can see your point. The ability to select multiple parts and then apply a transpose to them all would be pretty cool.

• edited May 2018

@wim said:

@RajahP said:
    Maybe it’s me.. but , if only one can transpose ‘pattern banks’ key/scale (easily).. well this will be like Blocs Wave on steroids..

For many people, several of the parts would be drum parts, which you wouldn't want to transpose. Transpose is there, but it's part-by-part, which is fine for me, but I can see your point. The ability to select multiple parts and then apply a transpose to them all would be pretty cool.

I had to rewrite this post after trying the ‘part by part transpose’ you suggested.. Can you select multiple ‘pads’ AND transpose to scale/key.. In one go?

Edit.. I should say multiple ‘parts’ rather than pads..

• @db909 said:

@jimpavloff said:

@bcrichards said:

I’d love to contribute patterns if needed. I have tons now and at this point I know how to get them sounding polished. Also personally I’d be more likely to buy an IAP of new fully sampled instruments

I'd second this over additional banks. I'd be more inclined to pay for new features in an update versus new sounds. Grooverider 2.0 (if there will be one) could be an Auv3 host with the option for dedicated midi tracks with CC outs, and customizable scale/notes per pad to work well with external drum machines.

• wimwim
    edited May 2018

@RajahP said:

@wim said:

@RajahP said:

I had to rewrite this post after trying the ‘part by part transpose’ you suggested.. Can you select multiple ‘pads’ AND transpose to scale/key.. In one go?

Edit.. I should say multiple ‘parts’ rather than pads..

Not to my knowledge. Transpose is one part at a time as far as I know.

• @jimpavloff said:

@bcrichards said:

Smart move!

• @RajahP said:

Maybe it’s me.. but , if only one can transpose ‘pattern banks’ key/scale (easily).. well, this will be like Blocs Wave on steroids..

I was looking forward to buy this?

You cannot transpose?

• wimwim
    edited May 2018

@hisdudeness said:

@RajahP said:

You cannot transpose?

You can transpose. There are 16 parts (pads). Each part individually can be transposed. What you can’t do is transpose all, or multiple, parts at one time. Which, if you think about it isn’t different from DAWs.

• @wim said:

@hisdudeness said:

@RajahP said:

You cannot transpose?

You can transpose. There are 16 parts (pads). Each part individually can be transposed. What you can’t do is transpose all, or multiple, parts at one time. Which, if you think about it isn’t different from DAWs.

Pattern menu has a transpose all feature.

• @jimpavloff said:
    Yes, I'm thinking to add in-app purchases for additional factory pattern banks in different styles.

>

Packs for the quieter, less frantic styles, such as dub and ambient would be interesting. As would reggae and ska sounds, which hardly ever turn up in rhythm apps.

• @Zen210507 said:

@jimpavloff said:
    Yes, I'm thinking to add in-app purchases for additional factory pattern banks in different styles.

>

Packs for the quieter, less frantic styles, such as dub and ambient would be interesting. As would reggae and ska sounds, which hardly ever turn up in rhythm apps.

I'm not buying until there are waltzes.

• Progressive house/trance request here.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @LucidMusicInc said:

@wim said:

@hisdudeness said:

@RajahP said:

You cannot transpose?

No it doesn’t. If you’re talking about the key selector, it only affects what notes are mapped to the pads and touchpad, not transposing anything already recorded or sequenced

• @db909 said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@wim said:

@hisdudeness said:

@RajahP said:

You cannot transpose?

No it doesn’t. If you’re talking about the key selector, it only affects what notes are mapped to the pads and touchpad, not transposing anything already recorded or sequenced

Utils menu. My bad.

• edited May 2018

@LucidMusicInc said:

@db909 said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@wim said:

@hisdudeness said:

@RajahP said:

You cannot transpose?

Utils menu. My bad.t

So, it does transpose ‘all’... great..
    Can’t tell if I change key/scale if the part correctly transposes to the set key/scale (more tests needed),,
    And the ‘key’ seem to remain ‘set’ in the pattern menu... even if you did transpose it in Utils.. I think it should reflect the transposition made to the part (visually)::

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@wim said:

@hisdudeness said:

@RajahP said:

You cannot transpose?

I don’t see a transpose all function on the Utils menu? I only see Transpose Part. I hope you’re right, but I’m not seeing it.

• edited May 2018

@RajahP said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@db909 said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@wim said:

@hisdudeness said:

@RajahP said:

You cannot transpose?

Utils menu. My bad.t

So, it does transpose ‘all’... great..
    Can’t tell if I change key/scale if the part correctly transposes to the set key/scale (more tests needed),,
    And the ‘key’ seem to remain ‘set’ in the pattern menu... even if you did transpose it in Utils.. I think it should reflect the transposition made to the part (visually)::

It transposes the selected part. You can choose if it transposes an individual bar or the entire pattern length.

I haven't tested it but I think scale only affects note input and won't affect already recorded notes. Perhaps someone could confirm that.

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    It transposes the selected part. You can choose if it transposes an individual bar or the entire pattern length.

I haven't tested it but I think scale only affects note input and won't affect already recorded notes. Perhaps someone could confirm that.

Right on both counts. There isn’t a function to transpose all or multiple parts. Just one at a time. I’m fine with that but others have mentioned that multiple select with a transpose function would be useful. I can see that, and also it could be very, very useful if the transpose for multiple selected parts could be triggered by midi as in the Rozeta apps.

Maybe this could be implemented as a “Transpose Group” feature similar to the Mute and Exclusive groups.

Just thinking out loud here. IMO the app is fully baked and doesn’t need major other features other than multiple IAA ports out, which would be nice to have.

• At first I was disappointed the key didn’t actually change the key of everything recorded, BUT the benefit is you can mix and match keys to break out of the mold a bit per se and build interesting harmonies by ear

• @db909 said:
    At first I was disappointed the key didn’t actually change the key of everything recorded, BUT the benefit is you can mix and match keys to break out of the mold a bit per se and build interesting harmonies by ear

What would happen to your drum parts if all parts were transposed? I guess it might not be that bad, but it would play hell with midi-out for sure.

• @wim said:

@db909 said:
    At first I was disappointed the key didn’t actually change the key of everything recorded, BUT the benefit is you can mix and match keys to break out of the mold a bit per se and build interesting harmonies by ear

What would happen to your drum parts if all parts were transposed? I guess it might not be that bad, but it would play hell with midi-out for sure.

Not sure what you mean. The drums follow the same rules as everything else in the app.

• I mean - if you were transpose a whole pattern, even the hi hats and snares, etc would change pitch. Call me old fashioned, but I don't want my drum sounds changing in pitch when I change the key of instruments - at least not in most cases.

And, if you're sending MIDI out on drum parts, then in most target apps, will get hosed. Say you're mapped to RuisMaker's notes, if you shift up or down, you're either not going to get anything, or you're going to get a different pad.

Any transpose-all function would be of limited use to me unless you could exclude parts from it.

• @wim said:
    I mean - if you were transpose a whole pattern, even the hi hats and snares, etc would change pitch. Call me old fashioned, but I don't want my drum sounds changing in pitch when I change the key of instruments - at least not in most cases.

And, if you're sending MIDI out on drum parts, then in most target apps, will get hosed. Say you're mapped to RuisMaker's notes, if you shift up or down, you're either not going to get anything, or you're going to get a different pad.

Any transpose-all function would be of limited use to me unless you could exclude parts from it.

Yeah makes sense. That’s probably why it is the way it is now rather than having global transposition and/or key change.

And now that I think about it, is it bit quicker to transpose parts using the pitch knob instead of utilities? I’ve only used the utility transpose once and that was when I was doing an extreme transpose and ran out of octaves on the pitch knob. Perhaps all this isn’t that big of a deal, I dunno