Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• Mispronounce the name of this great app one more goddamned time! Lol. Thanks for sharing

• edited May 2018

My big wish is still an universal sampler+fx app with full midi control, that I can use as a voice and sample memory expansion for my Electribe Sampler. Midi control, are you working on this? I am sorry, I won’t have eyes for a touchscreen when tweaking live.
    Groove Rider as an app especially would feel like hardware if it could utilize real switches, knobs and faders.
    Midi learn or at least fixed controllers on channels, maybe modeled after the Electribe 2 control numbers, as this is a copy and expansion of its functionality anyways.

And could you maybe raise the limit for max. sample length or even better, make it a global settings option?

I have some very nice ambient samples around 30 seconds long..

Thank you.

• @jimpavloff will it ever be possible to add the toggle on/off for the shift button - double tap on shift button

• edited May 2018

@jimpavloff also a cool feature would be Waveform Amplify Volume Gain in the sample edit window by draging on the wavefile vertical up/down

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff will it ever be possible to add the toggle on/off for the shift button - double tap on shift button

What for would you use that?

• Shift lock?

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff will it ever be possible to add the toggle on/off for the shift button - double tap on shift button

I’m not the requestor, but I would use that quite a bit for groove shifting. It’s pretty rare that I’m wanting to move things off the grid in increments of 10, so I’m having to always hold shift down in that use case. I also wish the shift button was assignable.

• edited May 2018

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff Easier for editing samples The Shift and sample editing can be a bit difficult at times when having to hold down shift and then edit the sample

• @stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff Easier for editing samples The Shift and sample editing can be a bit difficult at times when having to hold down shift and then edit the sample

+1 i'd use this for slicing or otherwise editing sample and triggering at the same time to hear change

• @jimpavloff would be good if the filter dial displayed frequency in herts hz/kilo hertz khz instead of numbers

• edited May 2018

I bought it because I liked the general sound as a groove box, the ease of supplying samples to it and, it being closely modeled on my Electribe, in the hope of it becoming a supplement of parts/tracks or even a substitute in the future. But I need midi control for that.

Note to myself, never buy again for feeling something already has or will get certain features you believe are standard or must-have.
    Why would anyone leave this out?

Because it is all work for the developer and may be not everyone’s priority. Or because of product politics, unforeseeable technical difficulties, whatever. Because I may just have special needs on my musical journey.

So it seems it will idle and pile on my iPad together with the other hundred apps with incomplete automation and/or midi control.

I thought this is what computers are built for? Automating stuff?

Sorry for the public whining, but is is a sad state of affairs for me.

Well, there is still my hardware.
    It weighs, but does it, within its hardware limitations.

• edited May 2018

Still loving the shit out of this app. It really helps to use the arrow buttons to switch patterns. Much cooler feel than poking the menu. Feels like an instrument. It’s like rewinding or fast forwarding through the track if you think about it that way. Fun times

• @Max_Free said:
    My big wish is still an universal sampler+fx app with full midi control, that I can use as a voice and sample memory expansion for my Electribe Sampler. Midi control, are you working on this? I am sorry, I won’t have eyes for a touchscreen when tweaking live.
    Groove Rider as an app especially would feel like hardware if it could utilize real switches, knobs and faders.
    Midi learn or at least fixed controllers on channels, maybe modeled after the Electribe 2 control numbers, as this is a copy and expansion of its functionality anyways.

And could you maybe raise the limit for max. sample length or even better, make it a global settings option?

I have some very nice ambient samples around 30 seconds long..

Thank you.

Midi control is already there, you can find out the full list of supported midi controllers in the Groove Rider's manual - Section 7 - Midi Specification. A link to the manual: https://www.jimaudio.pro/grooverider/grooverider_manual.pdf

Midi Learn is planned in the future and is in todo list.

I also have thoughts to add an option to expand (or even turn off) the 16 seconds sample limit - it's up to you if your device running GR becomes unstable or laggy after using this. Especially if you're switching many patterns in realtime with large samples inside each pattern.

• wimwim
    edited May 2018

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

To avoid crazy finger gymnastics when using one hand. If you don’t see it, try holding your iPad with one hand then shifting octaves, toggling notes, etc. Very difficult and awkward.

• Just so you know Jim- the link in the manual to the updates isn’t working.

• @robosardine said:
    Just so you know Jim- the link in the manual to the updates isn’t working.

Strange, just checked it and it works.

• @jimpavloff said:

@robosardine said:
    Just so you know Jim- the link in the manual to the updates isn’t working.

Strange, just checked it and it works.

That is indeed strange- I have just tried it again- and it hasn’t worked again.
    Googled- picked PDF option- taken to page- manual 1.4.0- tapped the link.... nothing.
    I also tried it via the Grooverider page- still nothing.
    I am on an iPad Air 2 btw
    Can someone else maybe try it?

• https://www.jimaudio.pro/grooverider/grooverider_manual.pdf

Groove Rider GR-16
    User Manual v1.4.0
    This manual reflects the latest software version 1.4.0 Check for the updates of this manual at link http://www.jimaudio.pro/grooverider

The link doesn’t link from the pdf for me either

• @jimpavloff said:
    Midi Learn is planned in the future and is in todo list.

Please!!! I know I can address some of the knobs, etc. with MIDI now, but it is limiting and I have to reset my MIDI devices to work with it which then have to be reset if I use another app or program that doesn't have MIDI learn. I know I can also just use a MIDI filter, but I would love to just be able to hook up anything to GR-16 and just map what is needed.

And please, give us the ability to mute/un-mute parts from MIDI CC. :smiley:

• @Telengard said:

And please, give us the ability to mute/un-mute parts from MIDI CC. :smiley:

This! Would love this.
    Thanks for the great work on this Jim

• Are you going to be selling the patterns or sharing then?

@db909 said:

@jimpavloff said:

@bcrichards said:
    @jimpavloff give us some in-app purchases. I got this at intro pricing and I feel as if I've made out.

Yes, I'm thinking to add in-app purchases for additional factory pattern banks in different styles. I was talking about it with Dean @ Electronisounds (who made several great GR-16 tutorial videos last days), he advised me some things about it. Maybe he'll even participate to create some cool pattern bank for GR-16 in the future.

I’d love to contribute patterns if needed. I have tons now and at this point I know how to get them sounding polished. Also personally I’d be more likely to buy an IAP of new fully sampled instruments

• You know, I’d love to have track number in the mixer view. I’m more of a visual guy so I have to kind of guess what channel I’m tweaking now. So if I’m playing pad 7 I’d like the mixer to have the number so I can visually find it in a snap instead of looking for it.

Hope it mak s sense. Thanks!

• Has anyone setup rozeta or fugue machine working with grooverider? (If they have and instructions on how to set it up correctly is on this forum, can you please send me the link?)

Also I saw some psytrance demos within grooverider on the youtube, have these been released or was it a private project?

Cheers

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Are you going to be selling the patterns or sharing then?

@db909 said:

@jimpavloff said:

@bcrichards said:
    @jimpavloff give us some in-app purchases. I got this at intro pricing and I feel as if I've made out.

Yes, I'm thinking to add in-app purchases for additional factory pattern banks in different styles. I was talking about it with Dean @ Electronisounds (who made several great GR-16 tutorial videos last days), he advised me some things about it. Maybe he'll even participate to create some cool pattern bank for GR-16 in the future.

I’d love to contribute patterns if needed. I have tons now and at this point I know how to get them sounding polished. Also personally I’d be more likely to buy an IAP of new fully sampled instruments

No I meant if they just need more patterns to put in there. I would just share them with Jim if he needs some

• edited May 2018

@jimpavloff
    Hy Jim.....
    Do you planed in next time ...
    1. Midiout-cc from recorded Motion-sequences to extern Gear ?
    2.A simple Songmode( Pattern-list arranger)
    for creating songs with pattern inserts ,deletes and Repeatnumbers ?

Some other Main Suggestions ....
    3. Live-arranging (recording a Pattern Session ) to a Songlist .
    4. More bars ....
    The Limit of 64 Steps is the most Pain for Music outside the 4 bar feeling.
    Developing of Sounds with Automation is not possible
    (with longer Automation , the music would be more exciting).
    Longer Melodies or Chordthemes is not posible.Pattern-chain is useless for this,

because the pattern-chain is stoping the Recording.

1. A Function which adjusts all Volume Levels (16tracks and mastertrack )
      and Groovesettings ( 16 tracks) from the selected Pattern to other Song-patterns.
    2. Import to real Mono Samples -
      At the Time : GR16 is only importing the left side of a Stereo Sample .
    3. Patch Presets would be good.
      Copy of Sounds from other Pattern is very unintuitive.
    4. Virtual-out from Tracks for individual Mixing with Eqs, Compressors .
    5. More Fx-parameter and Reverb ,Compressor in individual Tracks .
      10.More synthese parameter for automation ::
      sync ,wave ,crossmodulation ,pulsewide ,independent filter-adsr,
      pitch and filter modulations .paralell filters , revers samples ,etc

Greetings.

• Hy Jim.....

2. Live-arranging (recording a Pattern Session ) to a Songlist .
      4.More bars ....
      Developing of Sounds with Automation is not possible (with longer Automation ,
      the music would be more exciting).
      Longer Melodies or Chordthemes is not posible.Pattern-chain is useless for this,
    3. A Function which adjusts all Volume Levels (16tracks and mastertrack )
      and Groovesettings ( 16 tracks) from the selected Pattern to other Song-patterns.
    4. Import to real Mono Samples -
    5. Patch Presets would be good.
    6. Virtual-out from Tracks for individual Mixing with Eqs, Compressors .
    7. More Fx-parameter and Reverb ,Compressor in individual Tracks .

Greetings.

• Hy Jim.....

4.More bars ....
    5. A Function which adjusts all Volume Levels (16tracks and mastertrack )
    6. Import to real Mono Samples -
    7. Patch Presets would be good.
    8. Virtual-out from Tracks for individual Mixing with Eqs, Compressors .
    9. More Fx-parameter and Reverb ,Compressor in individual Tracks .

• @FrankfurtLyon said:
    Hy Jim.....

4.More bars ....
    5. A Function which adjusts all Volume Levels (16tracks and mastertrack )
    6. Import to real Mono Samples -
    7. Patch Presets would be good.
    8. Virtual-out from Tracks for individual Mixing with Eqs, Compressors .
    9. More Fx-parameter and Reverb ,Compressor in individual Tracks .

Most of the things are beyond the scope of GR-16 and may be a subject for completely new more complex app in the future. What is currently in my todo list for GR-16, from the list above, is: Patch presets, simple per-part EQ, Multiouts (if I'll manage how to implement it without impacting app's cpu usage). And you can already automate synthesis modulation parameters by assigning Modulator to the Edit 1 knob, or by automating the Edit 1 knob directly.

• Is the optional erase record mode still on the table?