Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• edited May 2018

Still loving this app, but getting a lot of crashes while browsing through user samples again since the last update.
    I do have quite a lot of folders/files, but seemed to work fine after the previous fix for this a few versions back.

• @cretakano said:
    Still loving this app, but getting a lot of crashes while browsing through user samples again since the last update.
    I do have quite a lot of folders/files, but seemed to work fine after the previous fix for this a few versions back.

There's nothing was changed in the sample browsing engine during the last updates. Does anybody else here experience this issue?

• @jimpavloff said:

@cretakano said:

There's nothing was changed in the sample browsing engine during the last updates. Does anybody else here experience this issue?

Weird, I think it's since the update that started using Files.app for the Groove Rider library. It always seem to crash after I've previewed about 30/40 samples. This is on an iPhone 7 running latest iOS btw.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    You know, I’d love to have track number in the mixer view. I’m more of a visual guy so I have to kind of guess what channel I’m tweaking now. So if I’m playing pad 7 I’d like the mixer to have the number so I can visually find it in a snap instead of looking for it.

Hope it mak s sense. Thanks!

+1 for this

• @jimpavloff Any thoughts on being able to export Pattern stems & Chain stems via the MFX - makes sense as I and iam sure many others use MFX a lot
    Also any chance to increase bar length to at least 8 or 16 - maybe a way to create 4 bar patterns then extend them after This could be an option in the pop up menus The same menu where we rename patterns etc

• @jimpavloff Future update Pad sample layering? Be cool to have at least 2 samples on 1 pad and be able to adjust each samples parameters i.e filters/pitch/volume seperately.

• @cretakano said:

@jimpavloff said:

@cretakano said:

Weird, I think it's since the update that started using Files.app for the Groove Rider library. It always seem to crash after I've previewed about 30/40 samples. This is on an iPhone 7 running latest iOS btw.

I caught your issue, will be fixed in the next update.

• @jimpavloff I've noticed when doing parameter locks, it alters other steps unless they are also locked. Wondered if youd thought about rethinking this or if you'd intentionally made it that way. Not a major issue, but harder to quickly dial in a setting for one step if you then have to change other steps back to their base value.

• @bcrichards said:
    @jimpavloff I've noticed when doing parameter locks, it alters other steps unless they are also locked. Wondered if youd thought about rethinking this or if you'd intentionally made it that way. Not a major issue, but harder to quickly dial in a setting for one step if you then have to change other steps back to their base value.

+1.

• @bcrichards said:
    @jimpavloff I've noticed when doing parameter locks, it alters other steps unless they are also locked. Wondered if youd thought about rethinking this or if you'd intentionally made it that way. Not a major issue, but harder to quickly dial in a setting for one step if you then have to change other steps back to their base value.

It is actually not a parameter lock, it works the same way as an ordinary parameter automation envelope in a DAW.

• @jimpavloff said:

@bcrichards said:

It is actually not a parameter lock, it works the same way as an ordinary parameter automation envelope in a DAW.

Ok, then it makes sense how it is now. Thanks.

• @jimpavloff said:

@cretakano said:

@jimpavloff said:

@cretakano said:

Sweet, thanks for the quick fix!

• Thank you so much for the mixer channel numbers! Wow what an awesome developer! Loving Gr16

@jimpavloff said:

@cretakano said:

@jimpavloff said:

@cretakano said:

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Thank you so much for the mixer channel numbers! Wow what an awesome developer! Loving Gr16

@jimpavloff said:

@cretakano said:

@jimpavloff said:

@cretakano said:

Channel numbers are indeed helpful. Thanks!

• edited May 2018

nevermind this post

• I’m huge fan of this app. I’ve been using it pretty much exclusively for all my electronic music needs. I did have a question I was hoping someone could answer - I would love to use this app tempo synced to Logic Pro, where hitting play/record on Logic Pro will automatically start the sequencer on Grooverider. I have made this work with the Electribe and the Circuit but for some reason the command to start GR-16 isn’t going through. Any advice? I can confirm I’m connected via CCK and midi notes and cc travel back and forth no problem.

• @gizmoismogwai said:
    I’m huge fan of this app. I’ve been using it pretty much exclusively for all my electronic music needs. I did have a question I was hoping someone could answer - I would love to use this app tempo synced to Logic Pro, where hitting play/record on Logic Pro will automatically start the sequencer on Grooverider. I have made this work with the Electribe and the Circuit but for some reason the command to start GR-16 isn’t going through. Any advice? I can confirm I’m connected via CCK and midi notes and cc travel back and forth no problem.

MIDI Sync is not yet implemented. I initially purchased the app because in January @jimpavloff said he had plans to add it, maybe he's so kind to update us on the subject.
    Start/Stop/Continue messages are not enough because in order to not only start but also run at exactly the same tempo as your Midi Clock master, GR-16 needs to follow the Midi Clock signal too.
    Logic Pro can send Midi Clock, and the hardware Electribe and Circuit can both follow Midi Clock.

Current alternatives that do understand Midi Clock properly are Korg Gadget, Genome Midi, Arturia iSpark, Stroke Machine, Modstep, Egoist, Effectrix, Beat-Machine, LP5 and GlitchBreaks for example.

• @rs2000 would the 'link to midi' app not solve you sync problem.

• @Richtowns said:
    @rs2000 would the 'link to midi' app not solve you sync problem.

In theory, yes, in fact I've been using "Midi Link Sync" by now because "Link to Midi" cannot translate Midi Sync to Ableton Link, only the opposite direction.
    The problem with Midi Link Sync is that you cannot use it live because it won't make GR-16 start/stop/continue in sync with your equipment, it's a workaround that might be acceptable when toying around at home but sometimes, when using Midi Link Sync on the same device, the LINK connection just drops and timing of source and destination will slowly drift apart. Not a stable solution unfortunately.
    It's probably not the fault of Midi Link Sync, I love the app for what it does and it seems to try its best at doing it!

Anybody who has worked with a properly designed hardware MIDI setup will know that syncing with MIDI clock is really a no-brainer. No clock drifts, immediate start in sync, arbitrary tempo variations etc., it just works.

• @rs2000 we are waiting for the next version of Ableton Link. The Link start/stop will make things easier. Ive not noticed drift with link but I have to start and stop a few times to get it right.

One more possibility, Im sure you've tried it but just in case. I noticed GR16 has IAA sync to host. Maybe enable this and host in AUM which does sync to midi. Good luck

• @rs2000 said:
    No clock drifts

Oh, really?

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@rs2000 said:
    No clock drifts

Oh, really?

Yes, really. You haven't worked much with hardware yet, have you?
    I admit that developing an app that does MIDI sync properly requires some knowledge about the Midi protocol and the quirks of iOS, but the examples I've mentioned do work well.

• @rs2000 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@rs2000 said:
    No clock drifts

Oh, really?

I admit that developing an app that does MIDI sync properly requires some knowledge about the Midi protocol and the quirks of iOS, but the examples I've mentioned do work well.

My hardware MIDI setup in the old days was spot on all the time. It included an IBM XT with MPU-401 running Cakewalk, MIDI synths and drum machines with internal sequencers, MIDI to CV/Gate and MIDI to trigger. It all worked better than anything I’ve done in iOS other than all-in-one apps. That’s why I like Caustic, FLSM and to a lesser extent BM3. They most closely replicate the hardware experience. Trying to sync up a bunch of individual apps is usually pointless.

• @anickt said:

@rs2000 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@rs2000 said:
    No clock drifts

Oh, really?

My hardware MIDI setup in the old days was spot on all the time. It included an IBM XT with MPU-401 running Cakewalk, MIDI synths and drum machines with internal sequencers, MIDI to CV/Gate and MIDI to trigger. It all worked better than anything I’ve done in iOS other than all-in-one apps. That’s why I like Caustic, FLSM and to a lesser extent BM3. They most closely replicate the hardware experience. Trying to sync up a bunch of individual apps is usually pointless.

Sure, MIDI hardware is rock solid, but as soon as I get iOS apps going, it's a giant and inconsistent pain in the ass.

• @Richtowns said:
    @rs2000 we are waiting for the next version of Ableton Link. The Link start/stop will make things easier. Ive not noticed drift with link but I have to start and stop a few times to get it right.

One more possibility, Im sure you've tried it but just in case. I noticed GR16 has IAA sync to host. Maybe enable this and host in AUM which does sync to midi. Good luck

Thanks! I don't use AUM but it sounds like an interesting option indeed.

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Sure, MIDI hardware is rock solid, but as soon as I get iOS apps going, it's a giant and inconsistent pain in the ass.

Confirmed, sync between iOS apps usually wants me to go back to my laptop.

• @jimpavloff and anyone who knows How to delete/clear a note in the edit window?
    Thanks in advance

• edited June 2018

@jimpavloff any thoughts on adding pad layering? Even just 2 samples per pad would be good to have the option
    Also sample gain by vertical upward/downward dragging on waveform in sample edit window would be good to have Its a function in the impc pro1&2 app though I no longer use impc pro since GR is way better.
    An increase of 2 or more effects per pad and an IAA / AU EFFECT on the Master channel would be a welcoming addition.

• wimwim
    edited June 2018

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff and anyone who knows How to delete/clear a note in the edit window?
    Thanks in advance

Hold down shift and touch the pad to toggle notes on and off.

• edited June 2018

@wim said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff and anyone who knows How to delete/clear a note in the edit window?
    Thanks in advance

Hold down shift and touch the pad to toggle notes on and off.

@wim thanks

• Does anyone know why you can’t use the arp functions with a midi controller? Arp only works for me when I play notes via the onscreen pads. Is there some way to change this?