Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• @db909 said:
    You know how you can set conditional triggers for individual notes? I wonder if there could be a way to set those per part. You can already go and set it note by note, so this could save time and be fun

As a hint, to make it faster, you can set desired trigger for the first note in the Bar 1, and then select all the next notes holding shift and set "PREV" for them. In the next bars you'll also have to select multiple notes and set "PREV" for all of them.

• Just wondering has anyone requested an option for external midi software to trigger pads in Grooveriders Mute mode?

• edited June 2018

@jimpavloff said:

@db909 said:
    You know how you can set conditional triggers for individual notes? I wonder if there could be a way to set those per part. You can already go and set it note by note, so this could save time and be fun

As a hint, to make it faster, you can set desired trigger for the first note in the Bar 1, and then select all the next notes holding shift and set "PREV" for them. In the next bars you'll also have to select multiple notes and set "PREV" for all of them.

Oh cool. Will check that out

• @spidergod said:
    Just wondering has anyone requested an option for external midi software to trigger pads in Grooveriders Mute mode?

yup, I have a few times. Fingers crossed.

• edited June 2018

@jimpavloff will it be possible to add sample layering Even just 2 samples per pad maximum would be good? Or another option could be for example one pad triggers another as the user taps the pad?

• @jimpavloff do you have any mixing tips particular to Grooverider? Like combinations of filter, send fx, master etc that you think work well together?

• @jimpavloff Jim would really help if you can make the SHIFT button toggle on/off by double tapping on it .This will be easier to use than having to keep finger pressed on SHIFT during sample editing especially. Maybe can make this an option in Settings

• Any idea how I can access samples that I previously imported into other projects?

Gonna dig deeper into the manual...

• @DaveMagoo said:
    Any idea how I can access samples that I previously imported into other projects?

Select the source pattern's part, tap Copy, then go to destination pattern's part and tap Copy -> Paste Part Sound

• @jimpavloff said:

@DaveMagoo said:
    Any idea how I can access samples that I previously imported into other projects?

Select the source pattern's part, tap Copy, then go to destination pattern's part and tap Copy -> Paste Part Sound

Thanks jim, is that possible whilst in my current project or do I have to save and flip between projects...? I would like to keep the pattern looping whilst auditioning imported sounds....sorry to be a pain!

If it’s not possible it is what it is....I have all my sample library in Audioshare so not a massive issue...

Am I right in thinking each time a pattern has the same sample it holds more than one copy of it within the app?

• wimwim
    edited July 2018

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff Jim would really help if you can make the SHIFT button toggle on/off by double tapping on it .This will be easier to use than having to keep finger pressed on SHIFT during sample editing especially. Maybe can make this an option in Settings

+1
    The need to hold down shift is literally the only thing I don’t care for in GR-16.

• edited July 2018

@DaveMagoo said:

@jimpavloff said:

@DaveMagoo said:

Thanks jim, is that possible whilst in my current project or do I have to save and flip between projects...? I would like to keep the pattern looping whilst auditioning imported sounds....sorry to be a pain!

If it’s not possible it is what it is....I have all my sample library in Audioshare so not a massive issue...

Am I right in thinking each time a pattern has the same sample it holds more than one copy of it within the app?

, if you have your sample library already in Audioshare , I find it easier to just create a zip archive of the folder in Audioshare and then export that using “open in” groove Rider. Now that folder is in Grooverider too with all the samples and properly labeled. Though maybe that is a waste of storage space. But this way you have them all in the app and don’t need to search for the project you imported into and do all the copying and pasting.

• @DaveMagoo said:

@jimpavloff said:

@DaveMagoo said:

It is possible between patterns in one User patterns bank.
    If one sample is used several times in different patterns, it is internally stored only once.

• @wim said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff Jim would really help if you can make the SHIFT button toggle on/off by double tapping on it .This will be easier to use than having to keep finger pressed on SHIFT during sample editing especially. Maybe can make this an option in Settings

+1
    The need to hold down shift is literally the only thing I don’t care for in GR-16.

I still haven't found a good solution for this not to affect all current UI functions.

• @jimpavloff said:

@wim said:

@stormbeats said:

+1

I still haven't found a good solution for this not to affect all current UI functions.

I’m definitely not going to second-guess you.

But just in case there’s a misunderstanding over what people are looking for, it can be thought of just like caps-lock on the iOS keyboard. Double-tap to engage. It can disengage when you switch functions, just as caps lock disengages when you switch to the numeric or smiley keyboard, or when you tap it again. That’s all I’m looking for at least.

• @wim said:

@jimpavloff said:

@wim said:

@stormbeats said:

+1

But just in case there’s a misunderstanding over what people are looking for, it can be thought of just like caps-lock on the iOS keyboard. Double-tap to engage. It can disengage when you switch functions, just as caps lock disengages when you switch to the numeric or smiley keyboard, or when you tap it again. That’s all I’m looking for at least.

Touch hold rather than double tap.

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@wim said:

@jimpavloff said:

@wim said:

@stormbeats said:

+1

Disagree. works fine on the iOS keyboard and people should instinctively get it. But whatever. B)

• @wim said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@wim said:

@jimpavloff said:

@wim said:

@stormbeats said:

+1

Disagree. works fine on the iOS keyboard and people should instinctively get it. But whatever. B)

Maybe Jim could make use of the facial recognition functions like the new GarageBand. Blink with your left eye twice to activate and then blink with your right eye to engage. >:)

• @jimpavloff said:

@wim said:

@stormbeats said:

+1

I get along fine with the shift button and I’m using the app exclusively on a 6s.> @LucidMusicInc said:

@wim said:

@jimpavloff said:

@wim said:

@stormbeats said:

+1

Touch hold would interfere with fine tune adjustments of parameters and that’s a big No no for me. I say leave it. I mean it’s really not that hard. I’m flying through the app on my little iphone. As a matter of fact I think the app rewards working quickly and without too much fore thought

• wimwim
    edited July 2018

@db909 said:

@jimpavloff said:

@wim said:

@stormbeats said:

+1

I get along fine with the shift button and I’m using the app exclusively on a 6s.> @LucidMusicInc said:

@wim said:

@jimpavloff said:

@wim said:

@stormbeats said:

+1

Touch hold would interfere with fine tune adjustments of parameters and that’s a big No no for me. I say leave it. I mean it’s really not that hard. I’m flying through the app on my little iphone. As a matter of fact I think the app rewards working quickly and without too much fore thought

Two handed operation on a phone is natural and way easier than on an iPad. With an iPad unless you’re at a desk, one had is holding the iPad. That makes two handed simultaneous operation really difficult. Also on the phone, the field of vision focus is the whole screen so it’s easy to keep track of where the thumb or finger holding the shift button is. On an iPad the visual focus is on the parameter you’re adjusting and it’s easy for a finger to drift off the shift button.

Of course, it should be an optional behavior anyway.

• I still haven't found a good solution for this not to affect all current UI functions.

How about a second button that was shift lock. That way everybody would be happy?

• @yaknepper said:

How about a second button that was shift lock. That way everybody would be happy?

+1 that would help Good idea if can be done @jimpavloff

• @stormbeats said:

@yaknepper said:

How about tap Shift and drag it down (swipe) an inch, or up? Or to the right?

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@yaknepper said:

shift drag down to engage lock, shift drag up to disengage ?

• edited July 2018

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@yaknepper said:

Jim I can’t tell if you’re being serious or sarcastically referencing the new IOS 12 gestures—buttons are getting replaced with Swipes. It’s a brave new world we’re living in :p

In all seriousness however, if you embedded the SHIFT functions into the sub menues even with the occasional menu diving, some of us would happily forget about the SHIFT button altogether.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@yaknepper said:

I think Shift hold must work only on the first next tapped function and disengages automatically after next button / knob is pressed.

• edited July 2018

@jimpavloff said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@yaknepper said:

I think Shift hold must work only on the first next tapped function and disengages automatically after next button / knob is pressed.

Put a menu option to toggle the behavior? I don’t want to accidentally lock it when I don’t even need the function to begin with. The next button thing make sense

• edited July 2018

Goddammit I typed out this explanation of a bug i thought was there but it turned out to be USER ERROR

• @AndyPlankton said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@yaknepper said:

+1

• edited July 2018

Having a bit of a problem. I like to sometimes build harmonies by recording over a loop playing one note at a time per pass, and I do this knowing there’s only 4 notes of polyphony to work with per part. However, even keeping it within 4 notes/4 passes, some of the voices are still cutting each other off. Which shouldn’t happen as there is absolutely no more than 4 notes playing simultaneously. I tried this with quantize on and off.

So I just tried this: I recorded one 4 bar pass that was just one droning note per bar in the bass. Then on the second pass, I just did steady quarter notes harmonizing above that. The sustain of the drones were cut off by the quarter notes even though I could hear the sustain while recording. Obviously that is not the desired result and with only 2 passes there were never more than 2 notes playing together. With 4 note polyphony I would expect this scenario would work fine. @jimpavloff can this be addressed? Or is this intended behavior and I don’t know the rules?

Edit: ok I get now that only one length/duration is possible for each step so when the quarter notes coincided, their length took priority. Bit of a bummer but that’s ok. I could probably stand to gain a thing or two by splitting my harmonies amongst different voices anyways