Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

"Elastic Drums will get a sister/brother, whatever called ELASTIC MELODY"

13»

Comments

• @Jumpercollins said:
    The automation options in this thing is nuts !

Yep, love that!

• edited January 2023

Latest beta (1.0 (6)) still not loading in AUM for me - have reported (again) but is it only me, or are others seeing this as well?

• edited January 2023

@enkaytee said:
    Latest beta (1.0 (6)) still not loading in AUM for me - have reported (again) but is it only me, or are others seeing this as well?

No, works here.. Did you fire up the stand-alone, before loading Au?

• edited January 2023

Does not open as AU in AUM for me although does open as IAA but not usefully. Also what I assume to be velocity sliders on the notes in the sequencer do not work. The note just shuts off. All reported.

• edited January 2023

@RajahP said:

@enkaytee said:

Yes - tried that, and a reset of the iPad, and a delete and reinstall of the app. The only way I can get the AU to load in AUM is if I already have it loaded in Ape Matrix or Audiobus with that app still open in the background - it's weird! - @anickt - do you have either of those apps? Maybe try what I've described and see if it opens?

(I'm running an iPad Pro 11" 3rd gen (M1 processor) with iPadOS 16.3)

• I have been in touch with dev. He’s got a handle on what the issue is. I’d expect a beta update soon.

• @enkaytee said:

@RajahP said:

@enkaytee said:

Yes - tried that, and a reset of the iPad, and a delete and reinstall of the app. The only way I can get the AU to load in AUM is if I already have it loaded in Ape Matrix or Audiobus with that app still open in the background - it's weird! - @anickt - do you have either of those apps? Maybe try what I've described and see if it opens?

(I'm running an iPad Pro 11" 3rd gen (M1 processor) with iPadOS 16.3)

Oh.. I do not have the M1 processor.. that may be the issue..

@anickt said:
    I have been in touch with dev. He’s got a handle on what the issue is. I’d expect a beta update soon.

Good..

• @anickt said:
    I have been in touch with dev. He’s got a handle on what the issue is. I’d expect a beta update soon.

Excellent...👍

• @enkaytee said:

@anickt said:

Excellent...👍

Is opening fine for me BTW Nige!

• Automation is great. I wish there was polyphony, my instinct is to reach for chords but one note can only be selected per step. Right now, I’m stacking notes on the same steps, of the 3 sequencers to make chords. I could be mistaken, but it sounds as if notes are cutting out if they are triggered simultaneously.

• Development seems to have stalled on this and the latest beta still doesn't load in AUM for me - has anyone had any updates from the dev? It would be a shame if this didn't get released as there's a lot of potential...

• @enkaytee said:
    Development seems to have stalled on this and the latest beta still doesn't load in AUM for me - has anyone had any updates from the dev? It would be a shame if this didn't get released as there's a lot of potential...

Doesn’t load in AUM for me either. Works fine standalone and in Audiobus. Not sure what the problem is.

• edited April 2023

Loads as au Midi/ audio au iOS 12 on iPad Air and iPhone 6 also ok on
    On iPad Pro 2020 16.3x
    Edit...
    StoppeD loading?!?

• Tried again on iPad Pro, AU loads fine, but AUM play only triggers one instance of EM to start…?

• Still not loading in AUM for me, and crashed the first time I tried to run standalone. Seems like the developer can't nail the AUM problem - would be great if this worked...

• Getting dsp overloads on old devices when loading now...
    Could be memory...?

If I eject crashed slot, reload EM whilst ejected, app loads , but UI is garbled and spacing is wrong on iPhone .
    Sliding ejected slot over crashed app.

• Seems like a new version was posted on test flight and it works fine standalone (for me) and within Audiobus as an AU. But still won’t load in AUM. Which is a shame because I really like the app.

• @HotStrange said:
    Seems like a new version was posted on test flight and it works fine standalone (for me) and within Audiobus as an AU. But still won’t load in AUM. Which is a shame because I really like the app.

Any room on the beta?

• Loading fine for me in aum. Must be a device or os issue? Best message the devs. And I agree, really fun app.

• Yay - latest beta sorted the AUM crashes...👍

• Hello Ollie
    When is the release date on this APP? Cheers, ED

• @Gavinski said:
    Loading fine for me in aum. Must be a device or os issue? Best message the devs. And I agree, really fun app.

Not device specific. Dev seems to have fixed it with the latest beta. Works fine for me now 👍🏻

• @HotStrange said:

@Gavinski said:
    Loading fine for me in aum. Must be a device or os issue? Best message the devs. And I agree, really fun app.

Not device specific. Dev seems to have fixed it with the latest beta. Works fine for me now 👍🏻

Glad to hear!

• @Gavinski said:

@HotStrange said:

@Gavinski said:

Glad to hear!

Are you on the beta Gav? It’s really cool. Limited but in all the right ways.

• @HotStrange said:

@Gavinski said:

@HotStrange said:

@Gavinski said:

Glad to hear!

I am, yes, and dig it, especially the automation. Limited yes, but fun for sure.

• @Gavinski said:

@HotStrange said:

@Gavinski said:

@HotStrange said:

@Gavinski said:

Glad to hear!

I am, yes, and dig it, especially the automation. Limited yes, but fun for sure.

Agreed 👍🏻 excited to see where this one goes.

• Is the dev still working on this? Hasn’t been updated in quite a while and beta expires in a few days. It has a lot of potential so I hope it’s not abandoned.

• @HotStrange said:
    Is the dev still working on this? Hasn’t been updated in quite a while and beta expires in a few days. It has a lot of potential so I hope it’s not abandoned.

I doubt it’s abandoned. Seemed good to go and ready for release to me. I know he’s been busy fine tuning Mollilooper and there was a beta update for that recently. So, he’s still working for sure.