Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

[OUT] Auto Bass - MIDI Bassline Generator

The app has released!
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/auto-bass-auv3-midi-generator/id6450610419

Hey all, I'm going to release my new app soon and I believe it's beta ready now. It's an AUv3 MIDI app for generating MIDI basslines with an editable algorithm.

• Complexity breaks the longer notes into shorter ones,
  • Density sets the note/rest ratio. More density, more notes.
  • Spread let's you use the piano roll's note range. 100% spread uses the full range.
  • Offset shifts the note range on the piano roll. Low spread with high offset generate sequences with higher notes.
  • Gate is the global variable for the notes. With the gate variety, you can also randomise the gate lengths.
  • Velocity is the global variable for the notes. With the velocity variety, you can randomise the velocity values as well.
  • Duration can be 1-bar long to 64-bars long.
  • Walk style sets the algorithm's note distribution.
  • When you tweak complexity, density, spread, offset, and duration parameters, the sequence will re-generate
  • When you tweak the key, scale, octave range, walk style, gate, veloctiy and their variety parameters, the sequence won't regenerate but re-arrange.
  • You can use the generate button next to the settings menu button on the bottom right to re-generate the sequence.
  • All params are exposed as AU params, so you can sequence the parameters etc.
  • You can set the scale, key, min/max octave range from the settings menu.
  • BrainBud is supported, you can also use ScaleBud 2 custom scales.
  • With a MIDI note, you can transpose the sequence. So, you can also use a MIDI sequencer like PolyBud or MelodyBud and transpose the bassline.
  • You can create as many patterns as you like and sequence them with PatternBud.

Edit: I forgot to add, you can also export your basslines into MIDI files, just like LoopBud.
But you can't edit them on the piano roll, just like LoopBud.

I'm super happy about this app. I created it for my modular needs but I'm sure you'll love it as well. It can do a lot of stuff. You can also use it to create melodies by changing the octave range from the settings menu.

Let me know if you are interested for the beta. Please let me know about your experience, thoughts and any kind of feedbacks here.

Thanks!

Comments

• sounds great. Definitely interested in the beta!

• Just installed - first impression, very good - nice set of options for generating basslines - this is definitely up to @cem_olcay 's usual high standards.

• I’m interested in beta for sure.

• Very interested!

• Definitely would be interested. Rozetta baseline and the pure acid generators are always go-to’s so I am very curious how this compares!

• certainly interested!

• Awesome!
    Highly interested. Just what I wanted to drive some apps and gear :wink:

• Awesome @cem_olcay Will try it out.

• I’d interested as well @cem_olcay

• edited July 2023

@enkaytee said:
    Just installed - first impression, very good - nice set of options for generating basslines - this is definitely up to @cem_olcay 's usual high standards.

Thanks, that was what I wanted to hear! 🙏

@Rudd_Ruse said:
    Definitely would be interested. Rozetta baseline and the pure acid generators are always go-to’s so I am very curious how this compares!

It's not kinda 303 style generator, it's more like general purpose, from funk, punk, disco to hiphop, lofi, house etc. But you are the boss of course, you can even use it to create melodies and other stuff; sky is the limit.

• Hey @cem_olcay you know I’m interested I’ve tested the majority of your apps. I’ll DM my email but you should have it. Cheers!

• Whoa... I'm not one to take instabuy posture lightly. But this is instabuy for sure.
    Tested it here in AUM, driving Troublemaker, Viking and Subscription Synth. Pretty badass

Loved the results for basslines using low spread, mid to high complexity and density with gate and velocity variation kind of centered.

Drop another instance for leads and countermelodies with higher spread and the other parameters in whichever position and instantly got some ideas flowing. Will further test recording the output elsewhere and driving some hardware :sunglasses:

Awesome product, @cem_olcay

• @cem_olcay said:

@enkaytee said:
    Just installed - first impression, very good - nice set of options for generating basslines - this is definitely up to @cem_olcay 's usual high standards.

Thanks, that was what I wanted to hear! 🙏

@Rudd_Ruse said:
    Definitely would be interested. Rozetta baseline and the pure acid generators are always go-to’s so I am very curious how this compares!

It's not kinda 303 style generator, it's more like general purpose, from funk, punk, disco to hiphop, lofi, house etc. But you are the boss of course, you can even use it to create melodies and other stuff; sky is the limit.

Honestly, even better! Looking forward to seeing this one in action.

• I am definitely interested in testing…

• @cem_olcay I think it would be a helpful visual cue if a thin line connected the two knobs labeled Variety to Gate and Velocity, the values they’re modifying. Or perhaps they could be placed closer to make it apparent that they’re paired.

I’m sending MIDI notes in to transpose the base note of the riff, but the generated pitches are not changing, even though the graphic display of the notes is being updated in the grid.

I’m occasionally hearing notes that are above and below the displayed pattern notes.

• I‘m absolutely in for the beta!

• Please count me in for the beta

• edited July 2023

@GRiker said:
    @cem_olcay I think it would be a helpful visual cue if a thin line connected the two knobs labeled Variety to Gate and Velocity, the values they’re modifying. Or perhaps they could be placed closer to make it apparent that they’re paired.

I’m sending MIDI notes in to transpose the base note of the riff, but the generated pitches are not changing, even though the graphic display of the notes is being updated in the grid.

I’m occasionally hearing notes that are above and below the displayed pattern notes.

Thanks for your feedback, I'm uploading a new version with the fix!

Variety knobs don't change the sequence on every loop. Gate/variety/velocity/variety knobs affect the current notes when they are changed. You can tweak the knobs as many times you want though, they don't regenerate the whole sequence.

• edited July 2023

@cem_olcay said:
    Hey all, I'm going to release my new app soon and I believe it's beta ready now. It's an AUv3 MIDI app for generating MIDI basslines with an editable algorithm.

• Complexity breaks the longer notes into shorter ones,
    • Density sets the note/rest ratio. More density, more notes.
    • Spread let's you use the piano roll's note range. 100% spread uses the full range.
    • Offset shifts the note range on the piano roll. Low spread with high offset generate sequences with higher notes.
    • Gate is the global variable for the notes. With the gate variety, you can also randomise the gate lengths.
    • Velocity is the global variable for the notes. With the velocity variety, you can randomise the velocity values as well.
    • Duration can be 1-bar long to 64-bars long.
    • Walk style sets the algorithm's note distribution.
    • When you tweak complexity, density, spread, offset, and duration parameters, the sequence will re-generate
    • When you tweak the key, scale, octave range, walk style, gate, veloctiy and their variety parameters, the sequence won't regenerate but re-arrange.
    • You can use the generate button next to the settings menu button on the bottom right to re-generate the sequence.
    • All params are exposed as AU params, so you can sequence the parameters etc.
    • You can set the scale, key, min/max octave range from the settings menu.
    • BrainBud is supported, you can also use ScaleBud 2 custom scales.
    • With a MIDI note, you can transpose the sequence. So, you can also use a MIDI sequencer like PolyBud or MelodyBud and transpose the bassline.
    • You can create as many patterns as you like and sequence them with PatternBud.

Edit: I forgot to add, you can also export your basslines into MIDI files, just like LoopBud.
    But you can't edit them on the piano roll, just like LoopBud.

I'm super happy about this app. I created it for my modular needs but I'm sure you'll love it as well. It can do a lot of stuff. You can also use it to create melodies by changing the octave range from the settings menu.

Let me know if you are interested for the beta. Please let me know about your experience, thoughts and any kind of feedbacks here.

Thanks!

Wow.. Much needed..Thanks for making.

Edit.. Groove Quantize would be nice.😊

• Nice that you can bring up AUM keyboard and tap notes lower down the scale and the generated notes move correspondingly
    I like this

• Can’t wait for this to come out.

• I’m in.

• edited July 2023

+1 for Groove Quantize.
    How about an infinite button that optionally generates new parameter values (incl. walk style) every n bars? With a checkbox next to each parameter for inclusion/exclusion and the choice of the range between 0% and 100% within which the variation should take place. Where 0% means complete randomness of a parameter. Maybe you could set per parameter how many bars a variation should occur, e.g. Density every 4 bars, Spread every 8 bars, etc.

Since the parameters are exposed you can of course modulate some of these things externally to some extend but it would be easier to do it all directly in Auto Bass.

• I really like this one @cem_olcay well done.

One thing I would like to see is the ability to move the MIDI right and left to set the start of the loop where you like it or it fits best. I’m not talking about full MIDI editing, just the ability to shift it left and right so you can set the start and the finish of the loop exactly where you want it.

• Definitely interested @cem_olcay bif fan of your work!

• @Poppadocrock said:
    I really like this one @cem_olcay well done.

One thing I would like to see is the ability to move the MIDI right and left to set the start of the loop where you like it or it fits best. I’m not talking about full MIDI editing, just the ability to shift it left and right so you can set the start and the finish of the loop exactly where you want it.

Ah yeah, that would be very useful.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    I really like this one @cem_olcay well done.

My requests:

Moving midi left / right and up / down while keeping within scale would be useful.

Being able to generate / add / remove glides between notes.

Add a swing option.

Undo / redo buttons so you can go back to a generated pattern after you regret too quickly generating a new one, etc.

Can't figure out what the offset button is doing exactly. Tried various settings with various patterns but didn't see any difference between 'spawning' from high / mid / low.

• @cem_olcay I would be happy to test, if you need more testers.

• edited July 2023

Would love to be able to do some slap bass Stanley Clarke, Mark King style grooves with this. Hopefully the complexity and walk styles will grow over time as the app develops to achieve this as currently the generated patterns are quite rigid. Having fun with the beta. The moving left or right up or down of MIDI data as a starter would be cool. Or being able to cut and paste midi sections I like into new sections rather than just export out.

• Hey Cem, I‘m also interested for testing your new beta.