Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• @rs2000 said:
    @xraydash I'm not kidding. Don't hesitate to turn those knobs!
    In my video, I'm stepping through the instrument pads so you can see which samples I've used.

I noticed that and actually paused to make sure I had he same ones. I thought at first that maybe you were using the dlc banks. Thanks for the encouragement! I’ll post something if I can work out a decent... groove. :D

• @alecsbuga said:
    You guys made me revisit GR and I forgot about this gem :)

Made a beat

https://youtu.be/_aeBNorOU5E

nice one man! i’m kinda glad i just got this so it’s really fresh to me!

@Gunark said:
    Still love this app. Simply nothing else this fast on any platform or hardware, bar maybe Ableton Live can I use this and AudioShare to make the beginnings of a track. Multichannel AUv3 and stereo sample support and I genuinely think it could be perfect.

multi it would be amazing...i wonder if it could be an auv3 multi out 😎 that would be insane

@rs2000 said:

@reasOne said:
    first jam using gr16 with gadget 2
    i think i’ll finish this one..

Lovely. I'm a fan of both apps but never thought about using both at once.

Great to see more music here!
    This is my little Dub pattern. No external samples except the vocal sample 😇

the pair almost perfectly, and it’s easy to control big projects since the sequencers are build in!
    that’sa great dub jam! share more down the road!

@xraydash said:
    @alecsbuga Funky!

@reasOne Nice meditative sonic journey you’ve got going. I don’t have Gadget, but I can imagine the possibilities of using these two together. Looking forward to future transmissions.

thanks again man! def give it a whirl combining them

@rs2000 Those are all (mostly) factory sounds? I need to explore a little better. Just flipping through I was kind of underwhelmed, but that’s sounding good.

I picked GR-16 up about a year ago, but didn’t put much time into it until recently. I’ve mostly just used it as a drum machine. I absolutely love how you can use step conditions to trigger groups of notes/sounds.

i haven’t dove into trig conditions yet other than messing with velocity, that’s next on the list

• is it possible to change patterns via midi ?

• @reasOne said:
    is it possible to change patterns via midi ?

Yes. It's all in chapter 8 of the excellent manual.

Program change message switches User Patterns from 0 to 127 (midi bank 0). To be able to select User Patterns numbered 128-255 (midi bank 1), you must first select midi bank 1 (send Bank Select LSB = 1 and Bank Select MSB = 0 messages) before sending Program change message.

• @rs2000 said:

@reasOne said:
    is it possible to change patterns via midi ?

Yes. It's all in chapter 8 of the excellent manual.

Program change message switches User Patterns from 0 to 127 (midi bank 0). To be able to select User Patterns numbered 128-255 (midi bank 1), you must first select midi bank 1 (send Bank Select LSB = 1 and Bank Select MSB = 0 messages) before sending Program change message.

rad! i should def read thru that thing!

• I recently discovered the wavetable synth, can’t believe the possibilities this app offers. It’s just straight up techno with little effort.
    Been fiddling around with audiobus and aum, drum apps and Synthapps combined to be recorded in cubasis the last year.
    I found out that i just like to jam, record it in aum and that’s that. Haven’t got time or patience to fine tune everything in cubasis.
    Time is limited and grooverider is perfect for that, all in one solution that’s very versatile.

I’ll back off and stop praising this app😂.

• After demoing Sugar Byte’s Drum Computer.... GR-16 (Auv3) will be so nice... That ‘Jump’ feature is......... special.

• @RajahP said:
    After demoing Sugar Byte’s Drum Computer.... GR-16 (Auv3) will be so nice... That ‘Jump’ feature is......... special.

wait !!....is gr16 going auv3!?!?! that would be way too amazing

• @reasOne said:

@RajahP said:
    After demoing Sugar Byte’s Drum Computer.... GR-16 (Auv3) will be so nice... That ‘Jump’ feature is......... special.

It's a proposal.. sorry. Would be amazing.

• @RajahP said:

@reasOne said:

@RajahP said:

It's a proposal.. sorry. Would be amazing.

i support!

• +10000 for AU.

• edited December 2020

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

(It’s a screenshot, don’t press play)

• @Fingolfinzzz said:

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

sample sharing, from all pavlov plugins?

• Wow! JimAudio for president!

• wait what!!! auv3 😭🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🥰🥰🥰

• Great news!
    I'm fine with the standalone though.
    The only feature I'm really missing is sampling inside the app.
    Switching apps all the time while building a new sampled kit is one of the very few disadvantages of GR over the Electribe Sampler.

• It’s going to be crazy... 😉

Sweet..

• oh i can’t wait for this!
    the stand-alone is great but wow auv3 is just so much more accessible and workable

• Woohooooooo!!!!

• edited December 2020

A bump... just in case you missed it.. > @Fingolfinzzz said:

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

Edit... Midi Export, please

• I'm starting to think that there indeed might very well be a Santa Claus out there....starting to feel like the good side of Christmas..

• So glad I bought this!

• auv3? Sweet!

• Who will get auv3 first, this or drambo? The race is on

• @muzka said:
    Who will get auv3 first, this or drambo? The race is on

Good question I have a hunch it'll be Drambo...

• They did reveal it first and had fingers crossed we would see it by the end of 2020

• @Samu said:

@muzka said:
    Who will get auv3 first, this or drambo? The race is on

Good question I have a hunch it'll be Drambo...

Both come from excellent developers so whichever appears first, it's most likely going to be a smooth experience after just a few updates.

• iPad OS 14 so far with updates is holding up releasing from beta with these AU problems with apps losing connectivity and not showing in GUI in Drambo at least

• Thank you Jim. GR16 is the best groovebox out there and remind me so much of hardware Electribe 2 which I love.

• I’m getting pretty stoked thinking about running gr16 in Drambo