Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TB Lowtone by ToneBoosters (Released)

TB Lowtone is an innovative bass synthesizer plug-in featuring three analog-simulated, voltage-controlled oscillators with a large variety of waveform algorithms, continuous pulse-width modulation (PWM), Frequency Modulation (FM) and oscillator hard sync, complemented by a voltage-controlled noise synthesizer, parameter modulation a re- designed nonlinear voltage controlled filter.

TB Lowtone is the world's first bass synthesizer featuring loudness-domain harmonic synthesis, creating deeper, more consistent and production- ready bass sounds compared to conventional synthesizers operating in the (linear) amplitude domain.

TB Lowtone also features a smart randomizer that generates new patches with a single click, and which learns from the patches you have already created to generate new, personalized patches!

Loudness-domain synthesis
Loudness perception of tones and harmonics is known to be highly non-linear and intricately frequency and level dependent. Equal loudness contours, or Fletcher-Munson curves demonstrate this drastic effect for sine tones, which is especially relevant for low frequencies.

The loudness of a synthesizer bass note, and all its individual harmonics, will therefore depend strongly on what note you play on your synth's keyboard.

To overcome the resulting inconsistencies in
loudness and timbre, TB Lowtone features innovative, loudness-domain synthesis algorithms that adjust each harmonic individually to compensate for loudness deviations across frequency.

Modulation and FX
TB Lowtone provides two extended low frequency oscillators (X-LFOs) featuring a wide range of waveforms. The LFOs can be beat and key synced, with a configurable onset delay and a specific number of cycles to run.

In addition, a conventional ADR envelope with configurable onset delay is provided. To top if all off, a gate editor designed to quickly put together modern production modulation patterns is available as well to modulate a range of VCO, VCN and VCF parameters. Reverb, chorus, and delay effects and a high- quality peak limiter are provided to produce production-ready sounds.

Features:

• 3 VCOs plus a VCN featuring a wide range of waveform algorithms
  • All VCOs support hard sync, pulse-width modulation (PWM) and frequency modulation (FM)
  • Lots of filter types for spectral shaping
  • 2 LFOs, one extra envelope and a gate editor for parameter modulation
  • Pro quality effects (reverb, chorus, delay, peak limiter)
  • Unique loudness domain synthesis algorithms
  • A smart randomiser that learns from your patches
  • AUV3 with resizable Ul and dozens of color themes to choose from
  • Preset management including import and export options
  • Undo, redo, A/B switching
  • Inter-app audio (IAA) support

What you should know:

• Inter-App Audio (IAA) can only use one instance of this app simultaneously. We recommend to use an AUv3 host to use multiple instances.
  • Licenses acquired for this platform are not compatible with other platforms.
  • Audio Unit (AUv3) extensions require an iPad mini 2, iPad 4 or later models.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tb-lowtone/id6448315127

Comments

• Q2? So in less than 20 days then...

• edited June 2023

@Samu said:
    Q2? So in less than 20 days then...

Somewhere between now and the next 60 days is where we’re at now

• The icon is similar to Flowtones, so it's probably going to be another synth.

• edited June 2023

Slight resemblance to 4 keys, but I’m guessing a phaser.

• A delay.

• @Slush said:
    A delay.

They don’t have a timeless clone yet do they? So could well be that. Here’s hoping.

• @frosttrance_7 said:
    The icon is similar to Flowtones, so it's probably going to be another synth.

My synth-GAS hopes you’re right 🙃

• Since neither Cherry Audio nor Yonac have brought their synths to both iPadOS and macOS, I'm hoping Toneboosters brings some serious competition to both platforms.

• I'm a completionist when it comes to certain devs, and Toneboosters is one of them. :)

• Oh nice! Love their stuff, looking forward to this. Reelbus and Bitjuggler are 2 of my favorite apps.

• edited June 2023

Risky, risky but that on him! Oh well.. it’s out there 🤷🏾‍♂️

• edited June 2023

Interesting.

• @ninobeatz said:
    Risky, risky but that on him! Oh well.. it’s out there 🤷🏾‍♂️

Yep it's out there now. But yeah, I'll definitely purchase once released. :) As I said I'm a completionist when it comes to Toneboosters.

• @Slush said:
    Interesting.

Now that I look at it again, with the wooden side panels, it does look way more skeuomorphic than the usual minimalistic TB design.

• @Slush said:

@Slush said:
    Interesting.

Now that I look at it again, with the wooden side panels, it does look way more skeuomorphic than the usual minimalistic TB design.

A better look perhaps??

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    https://thebeatcommunity.com/2023/06/11/a-new-toneboosters-synth-coming-soon-for-desktop-ios/?fbclid=IwAR1ls9txU9z7HjzI6GQBefxidrgRElpcBTN6UZ901fo_PIVnygi54E3Z4Bo_aem_th_AYlKXXrjJwm26Fyjmka3GatiTVDVrv7xnRzwSfGj_Ef3KZYvFeuqPSLzO802JoBqP0c

More info here. Looks like it's a bass synthesiser with a loudness curve applied. I'm not entirely impressed, but the HipHop producer in me is like "808s!". 😆

Yea I love a good 808 bass.

• I thought the perceived loudness of certain low notes had to do with position of listener in the listening environment, ie. standing waves, ect. I don’t understand how applying curves or whatever helps. Feel free to take me back to school again. I’m a fan of TB BTW.

• edited June 2023

@Slush said:

@Slush said:
    Interesting.

The wooden panel add 5,72% more bass.

• @ecou said:

@Slush said:

@Slush said:
    Interesting.

Maybe so but I hate the maintenance.

• @Blipsford_Baubie said:
    I thought the perceived loudness of certain low notes had to do with position of listener in the listening environment, ie. standing waves, ect. I don’t understand how applying curves or whatever helps. Feel free to take me back to school again. I’m a fan of TB BTW.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal-loudness_contour

• @Slush said:

@ecou said:

@Slush said:

@Slush said:
    Interesting.

Maybe so but I hate the maintenance.

You only have to do it one a week and let it dry for 2 hours.

• Sucks for TB it got leaked but man I’m stoked. I love all their apps that I have and I’m a sucker for a good monophonic and/or bass synth. Guess it’s their competitor to Bassalicious (my current go to bass synth) and AudioKits 808.

• edited June 2023

@HotStrange said:
    Sucks for TB it got leaked but man I’m stoked. I love all their apps that I have and I’m a sucker for a good monophonic and/or bass synth. Guess it’s their competitor to Bassalicious (my current go to bass synth) and AudioKits 808.

Yeah..it’s a bummer. I just hope the interest holds till possible release next month. They’re still putting the final touches on it for crying out loud. Not totally ready yet but it looks great

• @ninobeatz said:

@HotStrange said:
    Sucks for TB it got leaked but man I’m stoked. I love all their apps that I have and I’m a sucker for a good monophonic and/or bass synth. Guess it’s their competitor to Bassalicious (my current go to bass synth) and AudioKits 808.

Yeah..it’s a bummer. I just hope the interest holds till possible release next month. They’re still putting the final touches on it for crying out loud. Not totally ready yet but it looks great

I can’t lie it actually made me more excited knowing what it is now 😂 but TB is usually an instant buy anyway. Only one I don’t have is the MBC they released recently. And Morphit.

• @ninobeatz said:

@HotStrange said:

I for one am definitely excited. :) When producing HipHop, I can never have enough bass synths. ;)

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@ninobeatz said:

@HotStrange said:

I for one am definitely excited. :) When producing HipHop, I can never have enough bass synths. ;)

Same! Bassalicious and 808 Bass is good for that too but this seems a bit more powerful.

• @HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@ninobeatz said:

@HotStrange said:

Same! Bassalicious and 808 Bass is good for that too but this seems a bit more powerful.

I love 808. Need to try Bassalicious.

• edited June 2023

Hopefully it’ll be iOS universal as we iPhone users got the long dick with nuttersynth

Edit

Butter …that was too funny to edit out though lol